It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Free Newsletter

January Detox Challenge - A Healthy Body Makeover

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: January Detox Challenge - A Healthy Body Makeover

Postby Ambryi » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:13 pm

Afternoon girls :)

Finally got on the scales wed night - weighed in at 69.5kgs. Glad not to be back in the 70's again as I dreaded, even though 500gms isn't much different!

Sounds like most of you are going strong! definately an inspiration :) Unfortunately I'm not doing too well on the sugar front. Have broke that particular resolution every day so far. I don't know why... the other day was really good, then after dinner had full-fat choc ice cream with ice magic and chopped peanuts. Hated ever mouthful and still finished off the entire bowl. :evil: i wanted to have a good cry when i finished. Anyway, you've all inspired me to lift my game, and am determined to get the sugar thing under control this week.

Other than that going quite well, no alcohol at all and drinking my 8 glasses every day.

Oh, and big congratulations to everyone who had losses this week :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtMIPOZ/]
Ambryi

Postby sunshine » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:20 pm

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT Did my first spin class tonight and it was awesome, I could feel those toxins just leaving my body! I was sweating so much and really felt the workout! I am so excited to be on the way again, to how I felt mid last year! Hope all is well with you guys!!
sunshine

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:05 pm

Still going strong and haven't broken my pledge yet. Didn't even feel like drinking alcohol last weekend, except for a 5 second twinge on the train on the way home. I'm thinking of extending the no alcohol challenge to the end of March...

Ambryi - hang in there - you'll beat the sugar monster.

sunshine - Spin class is a killer! I don't sweat much but when I do a Spin or RPM class the sweat is positively dripping off me - great way to get out all those toxins.

Another cool thing to do while you're 'detoxing' is to make sure you loofah your skin, preferably when it's dry, so just before you get in the shower. It's supposed to help stimulate your body or something. Can't remember the reason why :P

I said no to Krispy Kremes at work yesterday and M&Ms today. Feeling fierce and determined. Hope Thursday's weigh-in rewards me.

Going out for dinner tomorrow night but I know I'll choose wisely... especially because I'll be weighing in on thurs morning.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby whit3tig3y » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:12 pm

I have a confession to make.

Make that 2 confessions.

My confessions are:
1 happy meal
1 small packet of potato chips

Very naughty of me, I just couldn't resist.
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby Jisgone » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:31 pm

im so jealous :(
i cant even eat soft bread

i want a happy meal haha
Jisgone

Postby whit3tig3y » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:39 pm

I was quite disappointed with the happy meal. The buger was oh so delicious, but the fries were too salty. I ate them, when I shouldn't have, but they were very salty. Made my lips all dry. Sure to make me retain a load of water too, but atleast it was just a happy meal. Atleast he was being semi-nice to me. He could have got me a bigmac or a quarter pounder or something lol. Plus i got this cute hippo toy from madagascar

whit3tig3y

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:04 pm

I wonder if the fries were extra salty or it you are just more sensitive to it since you've stopped adding salt to your food?
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby milkyway » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:51 am

I jumped on the scales this morning because Thursday's weigh in only showed a 100gm loss which I knew wasn't an accurate reflection of how I've been going - anyway, I'm down to 71.4kg which is 1kg down from my previous weight in :)
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby milkyway » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:51 pm

How's everyone going? three weekends in a row without alcohol - I'm pleased :) I licked a cake beater on Saturday but if that's the worst I do in January then I'll take it :D
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby sunshine » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:25 pm

I was only thinking the same thing today, Milkyway, this is my 3rd week with no alcohol and actually no cravings for it either. And going from drinking up to 4 nights a week, I am kinda proud of myself! And of you too, well done!!!!

I am down to 66.9, I did another spin class tonight, and I am looking forward to having some free time when the kids go to school next week, to really get into the exercise, because i haven't had alot of time to do it, and I think that is why my weight loss is slow. But I am sticking to this challenge, and I think it will just keep going for me. I have no desire to drink wine, and put back on what I have lost. But I did have two mini choc muffins and cream last week, just had to!!!

Best wishes all and post and let us know how you are going.
sunshine

Postby milkyway » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:53 pm

Good on you sunshine. I'm proud of you, too. I'm not missing wine either.

My runs vary in length and duration - I am slowly getting back into it and it's often slow going for me (and I really need to stop comparing myself to where I was pre-injury). Anyway, I'm up to running 4.4km Tues, 3.2km Wed, 4.4km Thursday. I ran 6km last sunday and this weekend long weekend I'll be hiking 56km over the three days (provided the weather is OK and my achillies holds up). Runs vary in duration as I usually take the dog during the week and she's just learning how to be a good running partner on the leash, so there's a bit of disciplining going on and I walk 500m to warm up about the same to cool down, so usually around 30-40mins. I'll keep building up the mileage every week so long as I remain uninjured.

How was your spin class? Did you enjoy it? It's a killer, eh? :D
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby milkyway » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:17 pm

How's everybody going?

I lost 300gm this week and stuck to all of my pledges. I am doing a huge hike this weekend over 3 days so will have to have some snacks and sports drink on hand for when/if I start waning. really loooking forward to it. I definitely won't be drinking alcohol :P

I did 4 runs this week and a couple of short walks, so I'm happy with that.

I found my bathers so now I can get to the pool for some swimming. yay!
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby milkyway » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:07 pm

How's everyone going?

I lost 600gm this week. I'll weigh in again on Saturday so I can see how much weight in total I lost for January. hopefully it will be 3 point something :)

I'm not craving alcohol anymore but I am craving something sweet and yummy. Damn TTOTM. If I can get through the next day or so I know I'll beat it so I have to hang in there :twisted:

Gonna keep up the healthy lifestyle beyond Jan 31st. I feel really good :)
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby whit3tig3y » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:17 am

Sorry to say but I fell off this challenge weeks ago and never jumped back on

The only thing i've stuck to is no salt added to cooking. Which I haven't done, haven't added salt to ANYTHING. Thats not to say I haven't bought and eaten salty food, but I didn't add any to cooking :)

whit3tig3y

Postby sunshine » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:27 pm

Well milkyway, I have maybe let you down as I am having a little drink tonight, with only 1 day left on the challenge, but circumstances are such that I decided that 30 days was a great thing for me without alcohol. And I will probably just not drink again for a while, I am not craving it, as you said too, but just felt like having a glass of wine tonight. Because like you its my TTOTM and I am very upset because its another month I am not pregnant. And after having 4 miscarriages it is another month I am older and its not happening.

So to add to it, a "friend" emailed me and blah blah blahed about her new pregnancy and how she is there again, and how it was so easy to get pg etc etc so that sort of pushed me over the edge, so to speak. Add to that ridiculously belly pains, I gave up and am having a drink. So please don't think badly of me, I am going to let myself have this and start again on Monday, and I feel okay about that. My miscarriages don't come to the surface alot, but when someone insensitive reminds me of them, its very hard. Hope everyone is going well, and lets keep this going into Feb!!!
sunshine

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges