It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:44 pm

Free Newsletter

January Detox Challenge - A Healthy Body Makeover

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: January Detox Challenge - A Healthy Body Makeover

Postby milkyway » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:22 am

I think we've all done a stellar job this month and the point is to give ourselves an overhaul which he have in so many ways -- and just think of all the days we said no when we wanted to say yes.

So I'm disappointed that you came a little off the rails this week Amy because you did three brilliant weeks before that which shows you CAN do it. And sunshine - you did 30 days without alcohol - bloody marvellous!!! :D I am really proud of you.

I had my own hiccup yesterday. Went out for a company paid lunch and said no to the desserts on the menu - chocolate pudding with honeycomb ice cream, raspberry souffle with white chocolate sauce and an all time fave - sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauce. Then in the afternoon it was company paid drinks - was easy enough at that time to say no to beers or wine. Then I tried to get home by train but the whole rail network has collapsed in the heat and power blackouts so I couldn't get home! Went back to find my colleagues at the pub after I'd waited for an hour for a train that didn't come... then I again said no to more alcohol - isn't it funny how people are only too enthusiastic to see you fall off the wagon? When I was walking to the pub I was thinking "I think I'm about to fall off the wagon" and giggling hysterically about the inept transport system. I couldn't believe it. Then my husband came and picked me up (lovely boy) and we went to my parent's house because they had a generator running and were watching the tennis - our house was without power for hours. And there were no traffic lights on the way home, a bit scary. And then I finally caved - I ate an ice-cream, an aldi inspired magnum. But I suppose if that's the worst I've done in Jan, I've done well too :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby milkyway » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:11 pm

Yesterday I ate two Lindt balls. Mmm - they were delcious.

Anyway, the challenge is officially over and I'm pleased I've created some new habits and gotten rid of some bad habits. From now on it's all about moderation - treats once per week, not once per day, I don't need alcohol and I can live without Pepsi Max :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby sunshine » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:11 pm

congrats to you my friend. YOu know I really didn't enjoy my alcohol as much as I used to and now couldn't really care less about it. I am off it again too. Isn't it amazing that the cravings have gone. Are you going to start having a glass of wine again, I am not. I just need to get rid of my coke zero habit now. Lets keep this healthy thing going!!! You are my inspiration.
sunshine

Previous

Return to Challenges