It is currently Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:33 am

Free Newsletter

99 Day challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 99 Day challenge

Postby Shalimar » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:06 pm

It's a start Whit3y :D .

As to the eating bananas all day, I could see that causing problems of a binding nature pretty quickly.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby mindy32 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:38 pm

Good work Amy, if it's breaking the fast when you first wake up then I say it's breakfast! Yay you.

In relation to the banana advice I think perhaps Mr Dave should try that himself. Everyday for a month. I reckon it would do him good.
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby Ally147 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:40 pm

I couldn't function through the day if i didn't have breakfast, had a late breakfast today and felt like i was goin to pass out lol!

My weekend has consisted with catching up with a friend and then writing my report which is due Monday.... sigh
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIbKc5e/]
[/url]
Ally147

Postby whit3tig3y » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:20 pm

See if I have breakfast i find i get hungry mid morning, and end up snacking. But if I don't have breakfast i could quite happily go the whole day without eating, though I usually start at lunch lol
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby Alexandra » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:00 pm

I'm exactly the same Whit - if I don't eat breaky, I'm not hungry in the morning, then I'm not hungry at lunch. The only problem then is that I start getting hungry mid afternoon and I start eating and don't stop until bed. Well, that used to be my old way of eating which made me put on weight. Now I eat breaky and all meals with healthy snacks during the day - well, that's the general plan anyway :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby kelvinator » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:48 am

Recently I have started to see friends from high school once a month for a catch up breakfast, I find that waiting until 9am to order and maybe eat by 9.30am makes me feel like I want to pass out! I need to have something in my stomach in the morning plus it help things 'move along'.... lol.

I tried something a little different yesterday, I ate 3 healthy meals and then snacks but I had them in the morning, at about 1 and then again at 4. I found that I didn't want to eat dinner and I wasn't too hungry this morning. I am going to try this on a regular basis each Saturday because even though my week has been a bit topsy turvy, with a stomach bug etc I am please to report a loss of 600grams. I am now FINALLY in the 65's and so so stoked to be there. I have noticed my shoulders getting bonier and my boobs shrinking this week. Each week I notice something different.

Hopefully everyone is going well, doing what needs to be done and working away towards their goal. I totally feel like a (starr22 you might know the cafe' I am talking about) mudcake from Madisons in Broadbeach, their cakes are devine but have decided to have one at 62kgs. That's my first treat. A new pair of runners were bought yesterday and there's nothing like a new pair of shoes IMO so I can't wait to try them out. Hopefully they will be comfy!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woAh7b6/]
[/url]
kelvinator

Postby Alexandra » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:05 am

Congrats Kelvinator - well done for this week!

I'm still not having a great week. Need to get a new plan now that I'm a working girl. Am going to go shopping and make a food plan and hopefully get some exercise in today :D

Alexandra

Postby starr22 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:19 am

Hi guys!

Well in regard to breakfast I pretty much always have something, usually an up & go (choc) at the moment.....I loooove them. I put mine in the freezer for about 30min before I have it so it is extra chilled....mmm yum. I think they might be a soy milk?? I'm sure I have read that somewhere on the box/pack. It's funny, because I had been having them for a while before I read that, and there would have been no way I would have gone near it if I had known in the first place :lol: I'm so fussy, but it just shows what u don't know wont hurt u :lol:

Kelvinator, I have never been to that cafe, I'm North Gold Coast, so I don't get down that way too often, But I will have to find it and go there! OMG mudcake yuuum! I want some now too :shock: I'll have to do the same as you and save it for a special occasion of specific goal.

Well in the weightloss departmnet I'm doing ok. It's moving slowly, but thats ok. Previously I was always in a great big hurry to lose all of the weight, but this time for some reason I feel quite calm about it. I don't know, I think maybe I have kinda come to terms with the reality that this is going to be a life long thing for me (being healhy and watching what i eat) so there is no point in getting too upset about minor slip ups, as long as I jump back on the wagon for the very next meal everything will be ok.

Hope u are all doing well.

xxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby milkyway » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:14 pm

I am 69kg this morning - didn't weigh in the past few days. I was 68.6kg last weekend but I think my last 'official' weigh in was 69.1kg. So I've either lost 100gm or gained 400gm :lol:

Exercise hasn't been happening due to a calf/achillies (recurring) injury so the best thing to do for it was rest. I've had two leg massages (ouch!) as well as cupping and acupuncture. Feeling much better for it. I'm going to go for a nice long swim this afternoon though. Will get back into running tomorrow. I've noticed that I've been exceptionally grumpy this past week which I think is directly related to the lack of exercise. Better start pounding the pavement before my colleagues and family despise me :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby whit3tig3y » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:06 pm

Swimming?! In this weather?! I hope its a nice heated pool lol I think you should take it as a 100g loss!!! :)

I was just going to have a rest day today, i spent all day in bed, litterally, in bed lol watching tv and using partners laptop. Eating hasn't been fantastic lol, it involves pasta, potato chips and chocolate :oops: But not in excess, im having fish for dinner and will only just go over calories but I think I need it to give my body a shock to start losing again lol.
I was going to do nothing, but again, I feel guilty. I'm going to go for a walk lol.

Question... can too much exercise stop weight loss? Ive been doing excessive amounts of exercise lately, and i'm hoping that my decreased weight loss isn't because I've set the bar high and aren't raising it.

whit3tig3y

Postby whit3tig3y » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:13 am

I had breakfast this morning yay me :lol:

I've decided I might just have like a toasted ham sandwich for breakfast in the mornings since i'm not a fan of cereal in the morning (yet i can eat it for dinner!), but this morning I had a k-time twist bar :)

whit3tig3y

Postby mindy32 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:56 pm

Yay Kelly, yay Milky (take it as a 100g loss I say!).

How good are the choc up and Go's Jess! I'm sooo loving them. My brother seems to be too cos funnily enough 2 seem to be dissapearing everyday and I'm pretty sure I'm only having one lol.I've come to the conclusion it's going to be a slow journey too and am just trying to calmy cruise along for now.

Amy, I reckon if you exercise excessively it could be bad because then you can't really keep upping the level when you plateau etc, but other than that I'm not sure, I don't know enough about that sort of thing hehe.

So I was trying to think of some things I can have as like food 'treats' in terms of them being things I really enjoy that aren't too bad for me. I thought I might put mine down and if anyone else has some they have, please share, I'd love to get some more ideas!

- Rye peanut butter toast (I have a slice about once a week, i used to eat it like everyday!)
- Jarrah hot chocs
- Mini light cookies
- 97% fat free frozen yoghurt
- Freddo frogs if I need a chocolate fix
- low fat icecream with Milo

Hope everyone's week is going well,

Love, B xo
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby meegs » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:01 pm

Hello - weigh in day!!!

I have to be honest.
Last week I didn't report my weight... I went up to 97.8 a gain of 1.9kg. Pretty bad - and I didn't want to tell you all at the time.

This week I have got my act together.

I currently weigh 95.5... which is my lowest weight in a long time!!! (Apart from the week I had gastro!!!)

That is a loss of 2.3 in a week, but only 400gm since my last recorded weigh in in the challenge!

Still happy! :D

Cheers all.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZmhU33/]
[/url]
meegs

Postby Alexandra » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:09 pm

Going well meegs, keep at it :D

I'm weighing in at 99.3 kg's this week which is a loss of 1.1kgs for me, so I'm thrilled - a good loss and I'm in the double digits again :D :D :D

Alexandra

Postby kelvinator » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:36 pm

64.6kg for me, loss of 800grams. Very happy. Will post again later this evening when my to-do list isn't so huge.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woAh7b6/]
[/url]
kelvinator

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges