It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:00 pm

Free Newsletter

NewYear NewMe

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: NewYear NewMe

Postby milkyway » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:04 pm

You are so on the money NYNM. It is about the choices we make. I'm really enjoying the buzz I'm getting from saying no - it's a bigger and longer buzz than saying yes to empty calories. Treating yourself with non-food treats is definitely the way to go.

Keep up the good work - I have a feeling you're in for some amazing success.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby NewYear NewMe » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:37 pm

Hey All

I have come to the realisation that i am a ALL or NOTHING kinda Girl. I feel as tho the Will power switch as just come on. I feel powerful, I wil Achieve. Today i went to curves, i was running around work today, going WOOO HOOO im headed to curves after work. Girls just laughed and said, your so cute, that ur excited.

When it was time for me to finish, i raced out the back, grab my bag, and did a little dance and a little bum jijjle, sang a Song Yay getting the curve i derserve. . .. :D

I got the curves - I was pumped, i was like bring it on. spoke to the trainer, she asked me a set of questions, one that really stood out that she had asked me was -

What are Two reasons why you want To be healthy Now ? ? ?

i said - Because I Deserve IT !!!!!!

I deserve the best in life ( like all of us do) i want to be the best person i can be, FOR ME - its for a spiritugal growth.
I told her that, I use to be really scared in life. I use to depend on other people for my own self happiness. I use to Rely on others ALOT .

Through life experience i have grown to Apprciate the understand, that the only person i Need is ME - Im my own bestfriend, I need to start trusting myself - and to say to myself - Its ok - We will be ok - We will work through this - all these years i felt like i was alone, i now realise i have me - I never was alone - I will never be alone ever again - I can always count on ME , to pull me through. I will be ok, that witin it self - has taken me a long time to learn, and it is so comforting to know i will always have me :D I dont feel Scared.

The Trainer Was like WOW ......

Yester day was great with eatting

Today was also a good eatting day. Feeling Fantastic.

Nameir - Thank you for ur support - i love that you read my post , and ill see you in May i will bRinging the Sexy back- Take care - much love

Alexandra - thank you for comenting on my post, im glad you like them, The post i wrote dolly, i meant it - i write from the heart, hopefully it will help her along the journey. Best of luck with ur goal - I cant wait to start showing pic once i have started losing - my first way in is 13 JAN

Milkyway - lovely to hear from you again - Thanks for ur on going support - I feel like something has changed in me - i dont feel like im the same person - my outlook to food is so different over night - i think the talk with my parents, have inspiried me sooooo much, i look up to them so much and them being my role models, it made me think real hard- I asked myself , What do i really want outter life, Who do i wanna be . .. . .

Thanks all - my weigh in 13 Jan - i was 122.5 cant wait til the 13-jan

Keep smiling

xox NYNM xox :D
NewYear NewMe

Postby WhyNoShy » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:00 pm

Well NYNM, it really does sound like you are on your way to success!

It sounds like you lead a pretty busy lifestyle! How do you keep up with everything? Well done on joining up with Curves. I myself find it hard to get to the gym because of my busy lifestyle.

It sounds like trips to the Zoo and TGI's aren't an issue when you know how to eat properly. Making the right choices can be difficult, I had a little slip up today :( I went past bunnings today and had a snag. I did however stop myself from getting a second :) (I guess that’s a start!)

We all need a little encouragement at times.... Keep up the good work NYNM!

Why No Shy ! :)
WhyNoShy

Postby NewYear NewMe » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:56 pm

HiYa All

Just cheking in . . .
I'm feeling GREAT. I have been eating Great , lots of fruit and veg - wholemeal, I have been drinks lots of water.
Today I went to Curves - Womens fittness centre. I did a work hard out,(30mins of intense weight training, ) Then after that, Drove to a footy oval and walked around the oval for another 30mins -

I feel Great - Tomorrow is my weigh in - Wish me luck, On the 6th Jan i was 122.5Kgs
I am so excited, Every lose is a gain - So i will be happy with whatever number i get :D

To all my family n Friends - thanks for ur support - Luv Ya all

Keep Smiling
:D
NewYear NewMe

Postby NewYear NewMe » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:05 pm

----Short And Sweet -------
Hey All

I have some Fantastic News :D
I have lost 3.3kilos

I am absolutely thrilled, I didn't expect to lose that much.
It goes to show how much effect cutting out, chips, chocolate, soft drink, Anything fried out of your diet works.
Since the 2nd Jan, I have had the new concept NewYear NewMe. I have chosen NOT to put any unhealthy food into my body and as a result I have lost 3.3kgs.

I have also been eatting healthy, & also exercising
Thanks Heaps All
Keep Smiling

I send Truck loads of love to my family
ThankYou

xox NYNM xox
NewYear NewMe

Postby Gordz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:44 pm

awesome NYNM! 3.3 this year?? You're almost beating me!!!

*googles local 'curves'*
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby NewYear NewMe » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:05 pm

Hey Gordz
Thanks for your support - Yes 3.3kgs this Year 2009. I started the NewYearNewMe lifestyle change on 2nd Jan 2009, and already 3.3kgs -

No unhealthy food -
Lots of fruit, veg wholemeal things -
lots of water,
and exercise everyday - even if its been a light 30min stroll, I am constantly moving.
I am trying not to eat anything Man Made - lol - like chips, chocie, soft drink, fried foods, cakes etc
I seem to think if it grows from the ground or come from an animal - its good for me. hehehe :) seems to be working

Thanks for ur support

xox NYNM xox

P.s Curves is a ladies only gym, Sorry hun :P
NewYear NewMe

Postby NewYear NewMe » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:11 pm

HeY All

Just Checking In :)
Feeling Great - This week, Since the 12th JAn i have been to curves 3 times ( and will go tomorrow morning) and have been for 2 x 45min Walks.

Eating has been fantastic, No slips.

I could perhaps increase my water intake - I'm working on it tho - :D
I wish every one well

KeEp sMiLiNg :D

xox NYNM xox
NewYear NewMe

Postby NewYear NewMe » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:05 pm

Hey All

Just checking in -
Today was another great day, for Eatting drinking water and I am about to bust a move in my lounge room with a exercise dvd :)

All the best

Keep smiling

xox NYNM xox
NewYear NewMe

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:08 pm

Way to go NYNM :D You're doing fab :)
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby NewYear NewMe » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:49 pm

hEY All

How is everyone doing with their goals ? i am just checking in.
Well so far so good - i have LOST another kilo - 1kg - im so thrilled - So far i have lost 4.3kgs
I am very happy with this result. Today, Even though it was 40degres out side, after work, I did go to the gym . YAY :) . I thought to myself - NO MORE EXCUSES - excuses is what got me into this mess -
Enough Is Enough - So off i went to the gym

Walked out feelin " on top of the world "

Hope everyone is fEeLing GreAt

Much support n friendship

xox NYNM xox
NewYear NewMe

Postby Shalimar » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:15 am

You are doing fantastically and you sound so enthusiastic NYNM, keep at it :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby milkyway » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:22 pm

You are doing fantastic! Keep on shining :D
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby WhyNoShy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:48 pm

HI NYNM, it sounds like you are really on top of things, well done! Very proud of you.
Going to the gym on a 40 degree day sounds like a it of pain. Don't over do it and hopefully the weather will drop soon.

I myself had to pick up another hobby / interest i've long since said goodbye to. I was scared to go swimming because i didn't want people to see how big i was, but i've found somewhere i feel comfortable and if people see me, and i know they will, it will help me build that part of my spirit that say's "You know what, I just don;t care what people think about me anymore". I may be big, but I'm here because i don't want to be anymore....

Oh well, enough about my little rant, well done again. Keep up the good work... that glow will return.... I'm sure it has started to already.

Why No Shy :)
WhyNoShy

Postby NewYear NewMe » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:29 pm

HeY all

Just posting in - - - Its been a while since my last post - thought i would update you all. I have lost so far since the 2nd Jan 4.9kgs - I kinda feel like i have hit that brick wall.
Need to keep focused - I want this - I want to be health.

I need to live for the now - and make every day count to the end result.
WHy no shy - €
Best of luck - hope u find the piece within urself

Keep Smiling

xox NYMN xox
NewYear NewMe

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges