It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:46 am

Free Newsletter

*** LOSE 10KGS IN 10 WKS CHALLENGE ***

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

*** LOSE 10KGS IN 10 WKS CHALLENGE ***

Postby kangagirl » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:36 am

Hi all,

The silly season has been and gone and I think we are ready to knuckle down and get back on track!

Who would like to join me in the *** LOSE 10KGS IN 10 WKS CHALLENGE ***?!

Starts today, monday 5th jan and ends monday, 16th march.
Our goal is to lose 10kgs in 10kgs (averaging a healthy 1kg loss per week).

Weigh-ins will be every monday, though I will only be doing fortnightly weigh-ins as I am not a big fan of weighing-in, esp as sometimes there is little loss shown and it does not reflect all the hard work you may have put it.

Who's in?!

I am keen and look forward to seeing some of my old friends back on the forum.

I am starting off at 78kg.
Kg x
kangagirl

Re: *** LOSE 10KGS IN 10 WKS CHALLENGE ***

Postby starr22 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:53 am

Hey, I'm in! Not sure how I'll go with 1 kg per week......but I'm always up for a challenge :D

I don't even want to admit this, but when I weighed this morning I am 80kg :shock: So thats my starting weight.

Lets get this thing on the road :D

xxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby kangagirl » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:00 pm

goon on ya starr!! i knew you'd be in. so rapt to have you on board again :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
nothing wrong with 80kg, its a nice, round figure (like us, hehe) and its great you're honest.

I think I'm prob 78.5kg but my scales aren't too accurate so I am noting it as roundabout 78kg! so don't worry toooo much about .5 here or there ... I'm not, ....as long as most of the time you are eating healthy, doing exercise, building muscle, and losing fat.

kg, xx
kangagirl

Postby Fatty » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:30 pm

Hi ladies,

Well it is a New Year and although I dont really need to lose those 10 kilos im just gonna come on for the fun of it and push you lovely ladies till you get there.

KG you can do this, its a new year with new goals and the fact that you have kept those 5 kilos off has gotta count for something, so whats your goal for your diet and exercise are you still taking those shakes or have you given them the boot??

Starr22, dnt worry bout what happened in the year before like i told KG its a new year so just focus on that, and ladies you know what we should aim for is health, fitness and happiness and once we have that under control then maybe we could start getting our diet under control. You have to learn to love the body you are in to be able to achieve what you want to achieve, and i guess ive learnt that now, and as a result im down to 65 kilos, and now i would really love to get to 60 but if i dont ill still be happy because im becoming fitter. Im not focusing too much in my diet im just exercising and eating things in modertion.

So with that in mind I think you lovely Girs can do this !!!!

:) Fatty
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZ168tb/]
[/url]
Fatty

Postby Ambryi » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:43 pm

Ohhh, I'm in too!! Nice timing for me, the challenge ends just before my 24th birthday :P

Will update my weight on Thursday, at the moment I think I'm about 70kgs, havent weighed since before Chrissy :cry: and I went a bit crazy for 2 weeks...

Don't think it's possible for me to sustain 1kg a week for 10 weeks, but I'll see how I go!

Good luck everyone!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtMIPOZ/]
Ambryi

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:49 pm

Count me in! I won't be losing 10kg, but I really, really like all the people from the last 10kg challenge so I want to participate again! I gained a kilo over Christmas and New Year, but I'm reasonably sure it's mostly water-weight as I was holidaying in very hot and very humid Queensland for two weeks. Given I manage to retain a litre of fluid in Melbourne once the temperature hits 25 degress I'm amazed I didn't retain a small swimming pool's worth of water up there!

So yesterday's starting weight for me was 70.7kg.

Good luck everyone!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby kangagirl » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:52 pm

Welcome back Fatty & Ali!! -- and welcome aboard Ambryi!

I am so excited about having you all along with me for this challenge. Whether we lose 10kg or not matters not as long as we get closer to the goal!

Fatty - that's great about you reaching 65 kilos, amazing how sometimes our body seems to know what to do on its own. And thank you for joining along to encourage us :wink: I am going to stick with my exercising (though I haven't gotten into it yet this year!!), try eating less and more healthy, and am sticking with the use of the occasional shake during the day when I am feeling really hungry to stave off my hunger...

And Ali, how was yr holiday in Qld!? I bet you had a great time.

Ambryi - we had a great group last time and I think you will find our group very encouraging and supportive so very glad to have you join us. It sounds like you are well on the way. :)

Everyone feel free to let us know what your are doing, how you are feeling, and any helpful ideas that you'd like to share.

Kg x
kangagirl

Postby yellowroses » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:30 am

I'm a little late, but I'd like to join in too! It fits in perfectly with my mini-goals so lets go!

On Monday the 5th I weighed 126kg. I want to be 115kg though by the end of this 10 weeks because I weighed myself today and I was 125.1kg, so close enough :p
Goal for 2010: Be at most 99.9kg by 31st December 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePqDKj/

Final Goal: 68kgs.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcytIxC/

I'm taking back my life.
Check out my vlog: http://www.youtube.com/yellowroses89
yellowroses

Postby starr22 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:53 am

Hey chickies,

So, how are we all going? Hi to all the new people to join this challenge :D Can't wait to get to know you all a bit better.

Gosh isn't getting started again the hard part? Thankfully (kind of :| ) I'm back at work, so I should get back into my routine in no time :D Still havn't exercised in ages. My back has been playing up and it makes it hard to even walk properly sometimes :cry: I think I need to do some weights or something, just to get me going in the mean time. My boy is also back tomorrow :D (he has been away for 3 weeks) so I am really looking forward to that. He is def one to keep me on track, it's actually quite infuriateing sometimes :x Some of the things he says :x But I love him anyway hehehe :D

Yesterday I did pretty well until I came home, and then I kind of slipped up :shock: But Today is a new day, and I'm pumped

Take care
xxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby April_lady » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:37 am

Hi,

I'd like to join too! I just found this forum and think it will be great for keeping me motivated and accountable (not my strong points :roll: )

I'm currently 85kg and would like to get to my goal of 65kg by 2010 so 10kg in 10 weeks will be a great start!

Look,ing forward to getting to know you all :P

Shannon
April_lady

Postby NewYear NewMe » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:31 pm

Hey ALL :D

Im NewYear NewMe - Count me in !!!! i joined up to this forum on the 3rd of Jan -
I would like to lose 10kg in 10 weeks - Bring it on . We can all do it.

My Starting weight is 122.5kg

i will weigh in on the 13th of Jan

Best of luck to everyone

xox NYNM xox
NewYear NewMe

Postby wheelndeal77 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:16 pm

Hi Ladies,

I would love to join in this challenge. Not sure how it works..but I'm in! As of Jan 5th, I weighed 96.4kg.
Good Luck to you all and if you could, please post some rules and or guidelines or what we need to do to be involved in this challenge.
Do we just keep posting here each week our weights??

Thanks.

wheelndeal77.
Starting Weight: 96.4kg (when I first joined Weight Loss Forum)
First Goal: 90kg
Ultimate Goal: 67kg
Current Weight: 96.5kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7h8V35/]
[/url]
wheelndeal77

Postby kangagirl » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:27 pm

WOW - look at all the new people we have onboard!
WELCOMEb]yellowroses, april-lady, NewYear NewMe [/b]and wheelndeal77!!

If you want support, motivation, and advice, then you have come to the right place :P

yellowroses - I think 115kg is a great goal and achievable. You will be so proud of yourself and find yrself closer to the next mini-goal and so on...baby steps is a good way to approach the overall task.

april-lady - yr start weight is very similar to mine when i first started on this forum last nov. i went from 83kg to 78kg in 10wks last time (lost 5kgs), so patience is the key! As I said to yellowroses, if you think in terms of mini-goals, it does not seem SO OVERWHELMING.

NewYear NewMe - You can def do it! I've been reading yr post and you sound extremely insightful about yr situation and motivated. I know you will achieve results bc you have thought long and hard about it and know what you have to do.

wheelndeal77 - Basically, when I joined this forum a few months back I wasn't too sure what to expect as it was the first forum I had ever joined in my life. Anways, I read a few threads and decided I wanted to start my own challenge and see how it would go...well! what can I say!? I got an overwhelming response, where people like yourself posted in and talked about how much they wanted to lose, how they were achieving it, how they handled the ups and downs, and also asking for and giving advice to each other. So this isn't just weighing-in, it's a support network for advice, feedback, tips, sharing ideas and ACCOUNTABILITY. It honestly helped me heaps bc it kept continually REMINDING ME that I wanted to achieve this goal and I did feel bad if I had not lost any weight by the end of the week and so I HAD to KEEP EXERCISING, KEEP EATING WELL, KEEP POSITIVE.

On your own you may lose steam after a few weeks (which is what used to happen to me) but I found I was highly motivated by people on the forum, esp in our thread, such as starr, fatty, EWQ, lilybush etc, who were full of encouragement and advice...so that's how we work. Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself and how you hope to go about this?

Infact, in our last challenge just b4 xmas we all got to know each other well by telling everyone a bit about ourselves, so if the new members would like to introduce themselves, pls feel free to.

If you want to read a bit about us you can glimpse over our last challenge:WHO WANTS TO LOSE 10KGS BEFORE XMAS! ----- SEE: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16080

Anyways, enuf from me for now, just post in and talk about what you like! Anything that helps you to achieve your goal.

Hugs to all and GOOD LUCK!!

Kg x
kangagirl

Postby Gordz » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:25 am

i'm in! But i'm going for 20 =)
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Jadeleona » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:59 pm

Im kinda new.. but i'll do it :)

No one around me to be competitive with lol.. and i guess if i don't work my ass off.. posting weigh ins will be embarassing :oops: haha
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1LD6uy/]
Jadeleona

Next

Return to Challenges