It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:25 am

Free Newsletter

PICK A MONTH OF 2009 CHALLENGE!!

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: PICK A MONTH OF 2009 CHALLENGE!!

Postby Gordz » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:41 pm

the 15th. we're already game on girly.

you're an inspiration sham!
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby MissReena » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:15 pm

Okily Dokily! Lets Rock Baby. I agree Sham, your an amazing inspiration :) I hope I can achieve the things that you have :mrgreen:
2009 is my year to Shine

Wk1 - 2kg, Wk2 - 2kg, Wk3 - 2.9kg, Wk4 - 3kg
MissReena

Postby superstar09 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:02 pm

GORDZ the deal is most defintly on and i can assure you i wont be the one with the most points il be having 0 points!!! well i hope lol.. so when does this start and when do we weigh in... and is this starting from which month..

Shilimar that is such fantastic news and you must be so proud of yourself to lose that much weight is absolutly incredible... im sure many people around you would of been very proud and shocked!! Even tho your not almost at your goal weight your more then half way there im sure!! Just be as motivated as you are now and youl be able to acheive what you want to acheive! How did you lose all that weight.. id love 2 know.

Anyways

Take care and bring on the challenge 2009!!

xx
superstar09

Postby superstar09 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:05 pm

p.s There right you have dam right inspired me Sham!! keep up the good work :D :D :D
superstar09

Postby Gordz » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:57 pm

SS09, every 15th of the month, starting from 3 days ago. you're on.

PS, I hope it won't be me losing becuase i don't think i have thatttttttttttt much to lose... would much rather just transfer it to muscle.

anyway, game on... should be good =)
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Shalimar » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:21 am

Thanks guys :) . How did I do it??
When I first started I only ate 2 meals a day but they were large healthy ones and as I was so big I was too embarrassed to go outside and exercise so I used to put the stereo on walk up and down my hallway for 10, 15 or 20 minutes, whatever I felt like doing- no pressure. Two meals a day probably wasn't that smartest thing to do but as big as I was I could never stomach food first thing in the morning, on the upside it provided me with a great kickstart to losing some weight quickly which I don't regret as I'm pretty sure if I didn't see results reasonably quickly I probably would have failed. Other people use shakes and pills and what not, I just didn't eat breakfast. Anyway the weight started dropping off once that happened it was all the motivation I needed to keep at it. Once I hit around the 120kg. ( I think) mark I started walking outside and I rediscovered breakfast and upping the calories now I have to have breakfast each day or I feel like I haven't started the day on the right foot. Fast forward a few months and it is around an hour of exercise a day consisting of some light weights, walking and Wiiing, some days it is more like yesterday where we hit the beach for a good hour just walking along the sand- lucky me, my folks have two houses on the Esplanade so the beach is always at my fingertips.I also had to up the calories recently due to the amount of time I spend on the Wii. That along with three healthy meals and only fruit for snacks if I feel like them has got me to where I am now. Everyday I allow myself a chocolate treat after tea of around 50-60 cals, a Rondnoir which is a dark chocolate Ferrero-54 cals, a Bertie Beetle-50 cals, a square of dark Lindt- 52ish cals, a Violet Crumble from a multi packs-50 cals, if you look around there are heaps of "naughty" treats about, and am fortunate that I can stop at just one. When I have the chocolate it signifies the end of the eating day for me and it works.

Motivation wise people have asked me a lot about it and the really short answer is I don't know it is just there like it is innate now I find that I don't really need to feel motivated it is just second nature. It's hard to explain really. I just do it and to not do it is unthinkable. I guess at the end of the day I was just well and truly ready for it.
Wow what a waffle on, sorry but you did ask :wink: .

Take care and best of luck to everyone in the challenge, Sue.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby BondGirl » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:16 pm

Shalimar wrote:Thanks guys :) . How did I do it??
When I first started I only ate 2 meals a day but they were large healthy ones and as I was so big I was too embarrassed to go outside and exercise so I used to put the stereo on walk up and down my hallway for 10, 15 or 20 minutes, whatever I felt like doing- no pressure. Two meals a day probably wasn't that smartest thing to do but as big as I was I could never stomach food first thing in the morning, on the upside it provided me with a great kickstart to losing some weight quickly which I don't regret as I'm pretty sure if I didn't see results reasonably quickly I probably would have failed. Other people use shakes and pills and what not, I just didn't eat breakfast. Anyway the weight started dropping off once that happened it was all the motivation I needed to keep at it. Once I hit around the 120kg. ( I think) mark I started walking outside and I rediscovered breakfast and upping the calories now I have to have breakfast each day or I feel like I haven't started the day on the right foot. Fast forward a few months and it is around an hour of exercise a day consisting of some light weights, walking and Wiiing, some days it is more like yesterday where we hit the beach for a good hour just walking along the sand- lucky me, my folks have two houses on the Esplanade so the beach is always at my fingertips.I also had to up the calories recently due to the amount of time I spend on the Wii. That along with three healthy meals and only fruit for snacks if I feel like them has got me to where I am now. Everyday I allow myself a chocolate treat after tea of around 50-60 cals, a Rondnoir which is a dark chocolate Ferrero-54 cals, a Bertie Beetle-50 cals, a square of dark Lindt- 52ish cals, a Violet Crumble from a multi packs-50 cals, if you look around there are heaps of "naughty" treats about, and am fortunate that I can stop at just one. When I have the chocolate it signifies the end of the eating day for me and it works.

Motivation wise people have asked me a lot about it and the really short answer is I don't know it is just there like it is innate now I find that I don't really need to feel motivated it is just second nature. It's hard to explain really. I just do it and to not do it is unthinkable. I guess at the end of the day I was just well and truly ready for it.
Wow what a waffle on, sorry but you did ask :wink: .

Take care and best of luck to everyone in the challenge, Sue.

bravo :D you are doing so well.
BondGirl

Postby BondGirl » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:24 pm

I'll join.

My Month to see my ultimate goal is June. I'm going to the pink concert and I'll be going to see her at my goal weight (mid 50's).

I have set myself a 12 week challenge to lose 10kgs, but i'll be happy to see the high 50's by then ( march) and work to my mid 50's by June 16th.

How I'm doing it: eating healthy and exercise.
BondGirl

Postby Shalimar » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:12 pm

Thanks BondGirl :) .

Shalimar

Postby superstar09 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:24 pm

Welcome Bond Girl... Im Sure you will get to your goal weight by pink concert.. you seem motivated!!!

Sue... Good work thats a really great story defintly motivate me lol..

Today i have been really good... Havent eaten any naughty Food just lots of protein yay!! and i have been walking all around the city all day. so good exercise i might do a little more later tonight tho...

Anyhow keep up the good work all.
xx
superstar09

Postby phoenix » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:44 pm

Can i join to please?? :) My goal is to lose 5kg a month. My goal month is September as its my birthday and I would love to be at my goal by then and even to have maintained it for awhile :)
CW-98.8KG
GW-68KG

SPOIL ME LIST
93KG-FRENCH NAILS
88KG-FULL BODY MASSAGE
83KG-FACIAL/BEAUTY TREATMENT
78KG-SCENIC HELICOPTER RIDE
73KG-NIGHT AWAY IN PLUSH HOTEL-NO KIDS :)
68KG-HARBOUR BRIDGE CLIMB

[center]Image[/center]
phoenix

Postby Shalimar » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:51 pm

Go for it pheonix :D .

Shalimar

Postby superstar09 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:21 pm

Of Course Your more then welcome to join pheonix!

thats great plan 5k a month like many of us in here we all seem very motivated and inspiring each other wahoo!! and im sure you will get to ur goal by ur bday!! cos thts my goal to...

Today i was so good.... havnt gone off my plan one bit i can feel tht 5kgs coming around lol i hope... my manager gave me a mar bar mini today and i looked at it ripped the plastic open a little and gav it to someone else i was soooo happy with myself!!

Anyways keep up the good work everyone!!
take care xx
superstar09

Postby Gordz » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:05 pm

arghhhh this week is not looking good for a loss at allllllll
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go