It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:41 pm

Free Newsletter

Five Days to Fitness Challenge!!

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Five Days to Fitness Challenge!!

Postby clare » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:07 pm

My challenge is a bit derranged.
Five days to fitness is a fitness program I am putting my self on. 5 days of eating raw vegetables, fruit, cooked vegetables, chicken breasts(skinless of course) and fish.
Quantities...unlimited, except for potatoes, allowance for 1 per day
I am challenging myself to do this for 5 days.
5 days is managable, realistic and how many times have you said to yourself, man this week has flown by.

starts : tuesday june 13th
ends :sunday 18th

All going well I will restart the 5 day program on day six (which will then become day 1, round and round and round we go).
The logic behind this is that when you tell yourself you can't have this or that for long periods you crave them all the more. This way I know I only have 5 days on the program. And my "free" day will not always fall on the weekend..

I look forward to you encouragement, Any wanting to join me, let me know how you go....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
clare

Postby Dolly » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:11 am

Hi Clare, after eating what's considered to be a really healthy diet for the past couple of days and still stacking on almost a kilo, I've decided to cut out the starchy carbs out and take you up on the 5 days to fitness challenge.
Are we allowed to eat peas and corn on this challenge? as many diet programs consider these foods to be high starch grains that pack on the weight.
Also are we allowed to eat canned fish (water packed or oil) or are we only allowed to eat fresh cooked fish?
I hope I'm brave enough to handle even one day without my daily bread, but there's no succeeding without trying so here goes.
My start weight for this 5 day challenge this morning is shocking :oops:

Day 1 - 95.2kg
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:00 pm

Sounds interesting guys. I have started on a new thing this week. It's called working out of an office that is 10ks from the shop.........hahaha!!! I have taken on both days so far, a carrot cut up, a cup of cauliflower, diced up, saltanas and dried apricots(one of those little iddy biddy boxes) and an apple. I had 2 cups of tea and drank a ltr of water! And last night for tea I had a sausage in a piece of bread cos had to rush off to see my dad in Bunbury hospital cos he is now in ICU cos he has a problem with his heart! He had to go throw a spanner in the works on my first day of course. So I felt I couldnt go when mum called me at work at lunchtime! So I figured since I couldn't just nip to the shop to get something naughty to eat, that on the days I would work I would take healthy stuff!!! So it will be interesting to see what I weigh next week! I am working 3 days a week. The interesting thing will be to see how much I gobble on the days I am not working! Will let you all know how it goes. Best of luck Clare and Dolly. I think what you are trying to do is acheivable and being realistic.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Dolly » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:21 pm

Thanks Rochelle, you're always so supportive. and your eating plan sounds really good too.
Praying that all goes well with your dad.
Most of my in-laws live in Bunbury
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:52 am

Day 1: - 95.2kg
Day 2: - 94.8kg
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:03 am

Day 1: - 95.2kg
Day 2: - 94.8kg
Day 3: - 95.0kg (Clare, I'm sorry to say I quit. I binged big time on bread) :oops:
Dolly

Postby clare » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:23 pm

I have lost 1kilo doing this , Yes dolly any fish is fine as a general rule I have springwater tuna when tinned. I am a huge fresh fish fan, (if only I could find the time to fish myself!!!!)

I did absolutely NO excercise this week!!

Today I get to clean, clean, clean and mow the lawns. I read somewhere that lawn mowing and gardening burn 1505kj every half hour!! woohoo

So I am off to the hayfever medicine cupboard! And outside for a while.........
[/url]
clare

Postby Dolly » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:31 pm

Congratulations on that huge weight loss Clare.
I'll keep peeking in on the thread to see how you're going with it.
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:40 am

Well done Clare, on the weight loss. Don't worry about the binge Dolly. As for my dad, he passed away on Wednesday the 14th. I am so sad. It just seems all so unreal. So I wont be around much for the next week or so, and hence why i havent written much the last few days. But I will be back. I'm just not coping too well at the moment. Good luck to you all.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Belzie » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:19 pm

congrats gurl!!! knew u had it in u!!!

im sorry Groovychic. i cant even bedin to understand what ure going through!!! u have my symathy!!!! umm...*glomps*

cheerio

belzie
[/url]
Belzie

Postby clare » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:07 am

So sorry to hear about your dad, thinking of you.....

clare..
[/url]
clare

Postby Dolly » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:34 pm

Rochelle, my condolences at your loss dear friend.
I read the farewell notice you wrote in the West Australian, it was beautiful.

Big Hugs
Dolly
Dolly

Postby KimE » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:54 pm

Rochelle my condolences to you and your family on the passing of your father. It is a dreadfully sad thing to happen and I know you had been spending a lot of time going back and forth from the hospital. My thoughts are with you.

Love and hugs.
Kim
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Challenges