It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:00 am

Free Newsletter

15-week challenge, anyone????

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 15-week challenge, anyone????

Postby conscientia » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:07 am

Loss of 500g
Better than nothing considering I only went to the gym twice because of this shocking flu and the amount of study I have. I'm thinking it will be much better this week even though the flu is getting worse because I am soldiering on, trying to eat well and keeping the fluids way up! Here's hoping I have the energy for the gym tonight.

2 exams and an essay this week - wish me luck!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqWyt8Z/]
[/url]

SW: 111.7 (07/11/08)
CW: 96.6 (6/04/09)
GW: 69
LTD: 15.1
conscientia

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:48 am

Congrats on the weight loss, Conscientia! Look at it this way- that's half a kilogram!!!!! All the best for the exams and the essay submission :D

Starting weight: 70kg
1st mini-goal: 66kg (2009-06-08)
2nd mini-goal: 62kg
3rd mini-goal: 58kg
Goal weight: 54kg
Hurricane Katrina

Postby honeyjumble » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:19 am

Hi all, Weighing in a day late.
Congrats to all those who have lost weight. Great work!
Not for me though. It appears I have put on a kilo! I an not really surprised - I certainly have not been on any sort of diet. But I am starting now. No more chocolate! So I am choosing to ignore this week and start over.

SW 70.8kg
CW 71.8kg
GW 60kg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjCwvc2/]
[/url]
honeyjumble

Postby foxyaussie » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:21 pm

Hey all,
How was your week everyone?
Mine ok, today is my 'monday' (shift worker). Didn't get off to a good start, as a client bashed a female colleague in front of me 15 minutes before the end of my shift this arvo, so that wasn't pleasant to experience to say the least. Feeling alot better now, had a movie date planned with my man straight after work so that helped divert my attention elsewhere. Anyway it comes down to experience, or lack of, as I have never supported this man before. I'm sure time with him will teach me alot. Saying that the department knows he can and does this yet they put 2 female relief staff in there that do not know him. Go figure!
Ok dokey back on track Jane. *sorry had to get that off my chest*

My weight loss on monday was minus 400gms, but saying that like an hour later the scales were saying I was almost a kilo heavier. I suppose the red rooster did that :oops: (naughty, very seldom treat) So who knows the my exact weight.
I think I'm starting to like the idea of getting weighed once a month as it's a big surprise when you find out you have lost 4.5 kg in four weeks without actually seeing the up's and down's during the month. Does that make sense? I'm talking jibberish aren't I :roll:
From monday I am starting with 4 PT sessions a week, instead of 3 a week. Doing that for 3 weeks so hopefully will see some big change in that time. I am going to tell my trainer with firm instructions to push me til I pretty much drop every session. My head has been in a different space in the last 1-2 weeks for some reason. Time to get the focus on me back!!!

Kat, By the sounds of you, you would have caused more than a hurricane on your long weekend, especially with a Irish person involved. :wink:
Court - 1.7kg!!!! What the heck are you on girl???!!! :D
To everyone else you are doing great, I enjoy reading your stories so much. You are all so inspiring to me!!
Chat on monday, have a great weekend everyone and behave (especially you Kat! :wink: )

Jane :)
Heaviest Weight ever 82kg on 14/1/2009
81kg 15/2/2009
76.4kg 17/3/2009
76kg 23/3/09
75.5kg 30/3/09

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVb86a0/]
[/url]

Remember it's what's inside that matters the most.
foxyaussie

Postby juju » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:14 am

Hi girls...

Thanks you so much for the support and care. I really appreciate it. Things are better now and back on track with life and lifestyle. :)

I had my weigh in done yesterday and I am really pleased to say that I have lost 1.2kg this week!! I was thrilled. Had been working my 'butt-in' literally lol the last few days! It paid off. Eating healthy and taking vitamins and lotsa h2o.

I am learning ballroom dancing and gonna start tap dancing from next Sat onwards! I am so excited. I love dancing and used to dance and perform on stage in my younger times. Indian folk, bhangra and classical. So now I am now moving to the western dances. I wanna also learn the flamengo and tango.......soon.

I am getting a few nice compliments from people about my weight and my look......love it! :mrgreen:

Keep it going girls love to hear more from you.

Cheers

Starting weight: 83.3kg
Current weight: 75.5kg
Goal weight: 63-65kg
Total cm lost: 25.5cm

First Goal: 75kg
juju

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:18 pm

Morning ladies, :P

Howz everyone doing, 2 weeks into the challenge?

I would be the first to say that I didn’t have a fantastic week. Apart from cycling about an hour everyday (coz that’s how I get to work), I didn’t get much exercise in the way of gym because I still felt lingering sickness from the previous week. After recovering from the first bout of flu, I was feeling perfectly well enough to go to Hiroshima (so I did and I gained 0.4kg). And then the week after that I suddenly started feeling fluish again!!! Strange, I know. Added to that, it’s spring over here and my sinuses go haywire at this time of year. With all the pollen that’s in the air, I was struggling to breath (I even missed a day of work on Thursday because of it). So, because I was feeling fluish and hay-feverish, I wasn’t motivated to go to gym at all (not being able to breath tends to get in the way of that, lol). Anyway, despite the fact that I didn’t have a good week, exercise wise, I somehow managed to lose 0.6kg. So, as of this morning, I weighed in at 68kg.

juju wrote:I am getting a few nice compliments from people about my weight and my look......love it! :mrgreen:

Well done on the 1.2kg weight loss juju!!! And getting compliments is such a self-esteem booster. Often we don't see the difference immediately coz we see ourselves everyday and its difficult for us to perceive small changes in our bodies, but other people can see it immediately. Getting a compliment from someone is such a reassuring feeling and it encourages us to keep at it :P

foxyaussie wrote:Mine ok, today is my 'monday' (shift worker). Didn't get off to a good start, as a client bashed a female colleague in front of me 15 minutes before the end of my shift this arvo, so that wasn't pleasant to experience to say the least. Feeling alot better now, had a movie date planned with my man straight after work so that helped divert my attention elsewhere. Anyway it comes down to experience, or lack of, as I have never supported this man before. I'm sure time with him will teach me alot. Saying that the department knows he can and does this yet they put 2 female relief staff in there that do not know him. Go figure!
Ok dokey back on track Jane. *sorry had to get that off my chest*

My weight loss on monday was minus 400gms, but saying that like an hour later the scales were saying I was almost a kilo heavier. I suppose the red rooster did that :oops: (naughty, very seldom treat) So who knows the my exact weight.
I think I'm starting to like the idea of getting weighed once a month as it's a big surprise when you find out you have lost 4.5 kg in four weeks without actually seeing the up's and down's during the month. Does that make sense? I'm talking jibberish aren't I :roll:
From monday I am starting with 4 PT sessions a week, instead of 3 a week. Doing that for 3 weeks so hopefully will see some big change in that time. I am going to tell my trainer with firm instructions to push me til I pretty much drop every session. My head has been in a different space in the last 1-2 weeks for some reason. Time to get the focus on me back!!!

Kat, By the sounds of you, you would have caused more than a hurricane on your long weekend, especially with a Irish person involved. :wink:

-Jane, that client sounds like a total JERK!!!!! That can't have been a pleasant thing to witness. Best of luck in dealing with him.
-About the discrepancy with the scale, I too get very frustrated with that. It's things like this that make me not trust scales. I don't really know what the problem is or why it seems to happen, but I think that your best strategy is not to weigh yourself too often. I think that 1 weigh-in, at a specific time of day (preferably in the morning) and on the same day every week and wearing the same clothes (preferably naked) should do the trick. Go with that first reading and then walk away from the scale until the next time. So, I'm going to say congrats on the 0.4kg weight-loss.
-I too like the idea of getting weighed once a month because the loss of weight always seems that much more significant (even though you've lost the same amount of weight when you're doing weekly weigh-ins). Also, you feel as though you can perceive the change in weight much better after a month. I love how human minds work- it's just a mind-set really. It totally makes sense, Jane :lol: If you'd prefer to weigh yourself monthly, then please go ahead and do so. As long as you continue reporting your weekly progress, then I dont see a problem with it (i don't know how the other challengers feel, so i can only speak for myself). As much as I also like monthly weigh-ins, I'll keep doing it weekly for the purposes of this challenge. I think that there's a highly motivational factor in comparing your weight-loss to everyone else's for the week. The fact that "so and so" managed to lose 0.5kg more than you did could be what keeps you from eating an entire slab of chocolate during the next week just so that you too can report a greater weight-loss. As i said before, its all psychological :D .
-Sounds like you're gearing up for some solid training with your PT. Good luck with being worked to the bone- i definitely need that!!!
- As for causing destruction in the bars and other unsuspecting social establishments in and outside of Japan- guilty as charged. In fact, i think that the second leg of my sickness was directly related to that since i hadn't given my immune system enough time to recover before i was hitting the bars and shooting alcohol down my gullet with lightening speed. :lol:

Good luck for week 3 ladies. Keep up the hard work :P

kat :D

Hurricane Katrina

Postby court » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:12 pm

hi guys!
congrats on all your losses you are all doing so so well!! :) I have had a good and bad week...hard to explain this one - but we will see how i go!
Exercise i was pretty good! Played a netball game, trained for netball, did a spin, step and pump class and did 4 30 min walks... after my game on sat i weiged myself and it looked like i was doing REALLY well with a 1.5kg loss this week, 73.5!! But i was having weird head spins, so i drank lots of water then headed out to a party Sat night and with really good intentions - i ate my planned healhty meal - minus the salad cos i figured i would be social out and eat the salad there as it was a barbie!
So i go there and there are pastries, pies, sausage rolls, chicken skewers, dips, chips etc - so i am happy i have eaten my meal but alas no salad! I have a few 1/2 white wines, 1/2 sodas (4 so 2 standard drinks) and then two vodkas with soda...
By 11pm i am SO HUNGRY and SO SO SO DRUNK!! I honestly dont know how it happened but i put it down to dehydration and and not eating enough before the party.... So i eat two mini sushi rolls (thinking i am being smart) but then had a few corn chips with dip (that really good deadly mexican dip with the sour cream on top oops!)!
Drank the whole bottle of soda so figured i was doing ok - i had to get CARRIED to the car and woke up yesterday a bit worse for wear and the whole 1.5kg's was back on!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cant believe it - if i cant eat two tiny hand cut sushi rolls and have 4 drinks what the hell am i doing?!!
Hopefully just fluid retention but my consultant is gonna KILL me tongiht... however i did go with good intentions so maybe i wont get into TOO much trouble...

COurt x
court

Postby court » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:43 pm

ok false alarm i lost 700gms :) which brings me to umm i cant remember?! 2.4kgs in 3 weeks? nothing to be sniffed at i guess!! BUT i have to go to the docs cos i have been having really weird head spins and i did a spin class tonight and at one stage the room was spinning and not just my bike!!
I think my blood presure is a bit low...eek! will keep you guys posted
court xo
court

Postby foxyaussie » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:55 am

:shock: That's a bit scary Court. Hope all's well at the docs. I'm sure you'll be fine though. The doc may tell you to take it down a notch for a while to see how you go maybe.
Good luck, let us know how you go hey.
Jane

ps Have just gotten home from a 12 hour night shift. Am buggered so will post my results from yesterday's weight in when I wake up.
And Kat that client is an intellectually disabled man hence the violence the other day. This is quite rare to come across in the area where I work so it's not a daily thing I have to deal with, thank goodness :D
In our job we have to (or at least try to) have alot of understanding and empathy, even in these type of dangerous situations when it is quite hard to
at times :|
But I love my job................... really :lol:
81kg 15/2/2009
76.4kg 17/3/2009
76kg 23/3/09
75.5kg 30/3/09

[/url]

foxyaussie

Postby conscientia » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:32 am

97.1kg as of this morning!
Not too bad, down 1.4kg off last week :D

Plus after being sick for ages I will finally be back at the gym tonight to hopefully kick 97 to the curb :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqWyt8Z/]
[/url]

SW: 111.7 (07/11/08)
CW: 96.6 (6/04/09)
GW: 69
LTD: 15.1
conscientia

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:45 am

court wrote:ok false alarm i lost 700gms :) which brings me to umm i cant remember?! 2.4kgs in 3 weeks? nothing to be sniffed at i guess!! BUT i have to go to the docs cos i have been having really weird head spins and i did a spin class tonight and at one stage the room was spinning and not just my bike!!
I think my blood presure is a bit low...eek! will keep you guys posted
court xo

Court, I hope you get the head spins checked out- it sounds rather alarming. Especially since you’re exercising, you wouldn’t want to endanger yourself while being on any kind of gym equipment. Good luck with that. Hope you feel better soon. Oh, and good stuff with the 0.7kg weight-loss. It was just water retention since it sounds like you drunk quite a lot of liquid before and during the party.

conscientia wrote:97.1kg as of this morning!

Conscientia, good going with the 1.4kg loss!!! Wow!! Wow!!! Wow!!! Very impressive!!! :wink:

kat :D

Hurricane Katrina

Postby court » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:38 pm

hi guys -
well i just got my dad to bring in his BP machine and it read 113/80 with 63BPM. I think that is ok? I am going to take it again at 4pm see how i go!
I am doing spin and pump tongiht but i will be eating an apple before i go cos i put a lot of it down to exercising on an empty stomach.. dont know - it is kinda weird i feel 110% it is just when i get up quickly i am woozy!!

Hmmmm....
court

Postby foxyaussie » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:10 pm

court wrote: i feel 110% it is just when i get up quickly i am woozy!!

Actually Court, now that you say that I feel like that many a times when I'm working out. For me it's like a surreal, giddy type of feeling. The other day I got off the back extension machine and I swear the room was spinning.
Like you I don't always have something in my stomach before my PT sessions so maybe it is lack of food overall (not just before exercising) that is causing this. Are you still going to the doctor to get it checked?
Hhhmmm maybe we have more in common than first thought? :wink:
Take care Court.
Jane :D
81kg 15/2/2009
76.4kg 17/3/2009
76kg 23/3/09
75.5kg 30/3/09

[/url]

foxyaussie

Postby foxyaussie » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:14 pm

conscientia wrote:97.1kg as of this morning!

Plus after being sick for ages I will finally be back at the gym tonight to hopefully kick 97 to the curb :mrgreen:

Congrats Conscientia, that's awesome!!
You are so close to you goal I see, you must be walking on sunshine with your awesome results :D
81kg 15/2/2009
76.4kg 17/3/2009
76kg 23/3/09
75.5kg 30/3/09

[/url]

foxyaussie

Postby court » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:29 pm

Hey Jane!
Not sure if i will go to the docs just yet - now that i am aware of it i might just monitor it for a bit - i will eat tonight before i work out and see how i go! I am going to take my BP at regular intervals this week as well. I have told my friends who i work out with that i have been a bit lightheaded so at least they are aware in case i fall off the spin bike tongiht! haha.
My mum says that at its lowest her BP was 80/55!!! So i think I am ok at the moment :roll:
So annoying though!!! :shock:
You know now that i think about it - in the past i have been eating dinner BEFORE i work out at night, but for the last 2 weeks i have been eating AFTER..i think it might just be food.
We'll see!
Court x
court

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges