It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:19 am

Free Newsletter

15-week challenge, anyone????

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 15-week challenge, anyone????

Postby foxyaussie » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:01 pm

That's good you have some mates there to keep an eye on you Court. Even if you have a cup of plain wholegrain pasta before your classes or something like that if you don't have time or feel like a proper meal. I have to get organised and make big batches of rolled oats porridge so I can eat at least a little and then head to to gym in the mornings. I wonder if porridge freezes ok?? :idea: hmmm may have to experiment with that one i think.

Good luck Court, your efforts are truly gob-smackable (ok it may not be a proper word but it is in my dictionary :wink: )
Heaviest Weight ever 82kg on 14/1/2009
81kg 15/2/2009
76.4kg 17/3/2009
76kg 23/3/09
75.5kg 30/3/09

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVb86a0/]
[/url]

Remember it's what's inside that matters the most.
foxyaussie

Postby court » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:06 am

hehe thanks! :)
Well i have some good news - last night before doing the two classes I ate a banana about an hour before i left! Felt fab - (well as fab as you can in a spin class! :shock: ) so no more head spins - just need to make sure i have something before i go!!
Good luck with the rest of the week kids :)
xo
court

Postby foxyaussie » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:00 am

court wrote:Good luck with the rest of the week kids :)

Thanks Mum,same to you too! :wink: (sorry couldn't resist being a smarty pants!) :lol:
Glad to hear you're feeling better even with a simple bananarama, you must be somewhat relieved.
Enjoy the rest of your week Court and everyone.
81kg 15/2/2009
76.4kg 17/3/2009
76kg 23/3/09
75.5kg 30/3/09

[/url]

foxyaussie

Postby court » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:04 am

haha - i am SOO not a Mum!! Not yet anyways! teehee :D
court

Postby foxyaussie » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:17 am

I finally had a good night's sleep last night hence why I am feeling so good and extra cheeky :lol: Amazing what a good night's sleep does for me :D
81kg 15/2/2009
76.4kg 17/3/2009
76kg 23/3/09
75.5kg 30/3/09

[/url]

foxyaussie

Postby juju » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:39 pm

Helloooo gals...it is that time of the week .... :mrgreen:

Well I have lost 300grams...mmm..mmmm did not reach my target weight loss : 500grams each week....well I will have to blame it on my exams and assignments lol stress doesn't help. But I will hang in there...I guess ;)

Just started my Tap dancing last Saturday....OMG....sooooo much fun and bought my brand new Tap shoes. I'm loving it!! :o

Must say that I have had a few small easter eggs this weekend!! But not too many...life's too short to not have chocoies at times!!

How are you girls going?

xx

Starting weight: 83.3kg
Current weight: 75.5kg
Goal weight: 63-65kg
Total cm lost: 25.5cm

First Goal: 75kg
juju

Postby Shalimar » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:52 pm

Well done juju :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby conscientia » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:21 pm

I know I won't stop myself from having chocolate, ever! For me, it is more about self control rather than complete abstinence. I know that when I feel like I am depriving myself binging sets in, so little treats now and then really help me keep focus and feel like I can sustain my eating habits now forever. Instead of pigging out on choc etc this easter as I have every year prior, my bf and I have decided to just buy each other a nice darrell lea egg instead of millions of cheaper ones.

Anyways, this morning I am at 96.6, for a total loss of 15.1kg so far since November, woooo! Fitting into my size 16 sportsgirl clothes again is a huge boost as well. Next time they have a sale, I'll buy some more cute things but in a size 14, just to keep myself motivated and on track.

It may sound silly but I have noticed that keeping my ticker set for interim goals rather than my ultimate goal is keeping me far more focused as well. Looking at my ticker ultimately saying 69kg just seems so far into the distance, so having it set to the weight I want to reach by the end of this challenge makes me realise that it is achievable, especially in this set time frame. Only 6.7kg to go by the end of June!

I will be driving down to Sydney Thursday night for the long weekend (I live on the Gold Coast), so I just have to focus on keeping my eating on track and increasing my incidental exercise while I am there so I can hopefully get to 94.9 by the end of April. Also, have to make sure I pack some healthy snacks for the drive down, no stopping and getting McDonalds! If takeaway is a must, I'll have to wait until I come across subways!

Good luck during easter ladies, willpower!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqWyt8Z/]
[/url]

SW: 111.7 (07/11/08)
CW: 96.6 (6/04/09)
GW: 69
LTD: 15.1
conscientia

Postby court » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:27 pm

mmmmmmmm chocolate. I was going to attempt abstinence!! But i think realistically it is going to be difficult!!!
I just want one cadbury crunchie egg :) i think that will do me!! Then i have to do fifteen spin classes to make up for it! hehe.
I have nothing planned other than moving house and packing boxes this weekend! Oh no - i am out for a big night on Saturday!! Dinner and drinks with friends! Eek!
I have my official "weigh in" tongiht so i will post on here. Well done on the 300gms Juju!! xo
I am thinking i may be around 700gms again this week :) Fingers crossed!!

Court xo
court

Postby foxyaussie » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Hi Court, Conscientia, Juju, Kat and everyone else.

Conscientia - Congrats!!!! 15.1 kg since November! You are doing so great!!
Be safe on your road trip to Sydney. I like that highway to Sydney but at this time of year, please, please, please be careful :D Have an awesome time!

Court - Go on you deserve a little treat!!! You are working so damn hard I don't think your body will realise that you are putting chocolate in your mouth. It will have been burnt off long before your body registers the choccy. Good luck at your weigh in tonight!

Juju - I honestly admire you for doing things that you love!! I would love to take up dancing again (did tap, jazz, classical as a kiddie) but I am too chicken now.(if i find a piccy of me in one of my costumes as a chubby little dancer I'll post it, will give you all a good laugh!)
300 grams is still a good weight loss for a week, hey it's a loss not a gain right. Your body fat percentage has probably dropped alot too since starting your journey, not to mention your fitness levels. You are doing great!!

Kat - How's things in Japan? Are you happy and healthy? I think you have been working too hard as you've been very quiet lately? :D
Looking forward to reading of your progress this week.

Oh before I forget my results this week are:
75.3kg. 200gm loss. (I am aiming to be at 75kg or below next week)
Muscle is same. 37%
Water is slowly creeping up from 50.5% (17/3) to 50.9%.
Fat percentage has gone from 35% (17/3) to 34.3%. Yay!

The 4 x 1hr training sessions a week are going great. Am a bit more tired but feeling awesome for it! My fitness levels are soaring!!
Going to find a seamstress tomorrow to take in the waist on most of my jeans and pants so I can wear them without looking ridiculous from my weight lost in recent months. The low pants thing just does not suit me for some reason!? ;)

Have a great week everyone. Take care and keep smiling :)

Jane.
81kg 15/2/2009
76.4kg 17/3/2009
76kg 23/3/09
75.5kg 30/3/09

[/url]

foxyaussie

Postby court » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:30 am

Well done guys!!!

What a great feeling going and getting all your jeans taken in!! I dont know what I am going to do hehe. My consultant told me to throw away all my clothes this week and go get a whole new wardrobe!!! Ahh well 1) If the program itself didnt cost so much I migth be able to affrod it and 2) What about when I lose the next 6kgs!

Ok so i had the "official" weigh in last night and lost 400gms this week :D

Which brings my weight loss since I started this old "change of lifestyle" to 6.2kg's in 7 weeks! :) Hmmmm and for this challenge i cannot remember! oops i will go back and look! Weird though my water has gone downa nd my fat % up!! haha. Not sure how that works but I am going to go by how i FEEL not what is going on with my scale! :shock:

400gms is nothing to be sniffed at I know - but it is the least i have lost in the 7 weeks :? I did a LOT of exercise and drank LOTS of water but I dont think I ate all the fruit ont eh program and hence I have been struggling a little in the poopie department ;) haha.

Exercise: 3 spin, two pump, netball match, 2 x 4km walks at pace.

So this week I will continue all teh exercise, drink LOTS of water, make sure I eat ALL the fruit and enjoy easter! I am going to have one egg :) Cant wait to bite into it. hehe

Have a great week guys :)
court

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:02 am

Hi Gals :D ,

Wow, can't believe I'm logging my results for this week 4 days after the fact ( I did weigh in on Monday, tho)!!! Sorry about that. I've been away and busy with preparations for the new school year. Today is the start of the 1st term here. So, lots of ceremonies taking place and orienting the 1st year students who've moved from elementary school to Junior high. Also, it's spring, so it's "Hanami" time. Literally translated, "hanami" means "flower viewing or look at flowers". Sakura, or Cherry blossoms are here for 2 weeks of the year only. So, a big thing for Japanese people is to enjoy these 2 weeks as much as possible. It's a very festive time. People sit in the park with their friends, family and work colleagues and view the cherry blossoms while drinking Sake and Beer.....LOTS of Sake and BEER :oops: !!!! So, during this period, the aim is to go to as many parks as possible (in and around your town). The Cherry blossoms are absolutely breath-taking!!! Gorgeous, i tell ya!!! So, I've been caught up with "Hanami" for the last week. This weekend will probably be the end of "Hanami" and the cherry blossoms will be gone in a few days.

Other than that, I'm healthy and happy- Thanks for asking, Jane :D

My attendance at gym has been less than exemplary. I'm not too happy with myself in that regard. I'm struggling to get back into a solid gym routine because i feel I've had all these interruptions in my schedule lately. Since April marks the end of the old year and the start of the new year, there have been so many damn office parties and other social gatherings to attend...... *sigh* :( Thus, I've had no change in my weight and am weighing in at 68kg this week. I also feel I've been retaining water lately, so I'm feeling rather sluggish and generally *bleh* (if that makes sense)!! I cringe every time i think of the fatty snacks and alcohol that I've consumed over the last 2 weeks...yikes!!!!! :o

Anyways, Well done to everyone who's lost weight this week! Even if you haven't lost as much as you would've hoped, IT'S STILL A LOSS!!!! Great stuff!!!! :P

As for Easter- I'm so glad i ,I've in a country where it's not celebrated!! So, i don't have to be bombarded by chocolates in the shop windows or on TV!!! Awesomeness!! In fact, until i read this thread, i had actually forgotten that Easter Sunday is this weekend!!!! Court and Conscientia, i agree- i don't think that abstinence is ever an option! If you want chocolate, the have it. It's all about self-control. I always feel that there's greater power gained in having a little bit of something and then having the will power to limit yourself than to abstain completely!! Abstinence is easy, but at what cost???? It could lead to a terrible binge a few days later!!!!

Sorry this is such a hurried post. Gotta run- i have to attend the first year ceremony now. There's such an awesome buzz in the air. Fresh minds to be molded and what not (or warped)...heheheheeheee :P

Cheers
kat

ps:
*Best of luck to you all in surviving the Easter weekend.
*Court- good luck with the big night on Saturday. Moderation, moderation, moderation.
*Conscientia- 15.1kg since November is fantastic!!!! Absolutely smashing, dear!!!!
*Juju-Hang in there with all your exams and assignments. I've always wanted to do tap dancing. I did Irish Dancing for a year in high school (just for fun, coz my friend was doing it), but I'd always wanted to do tap!!! It looks like so much fun (and such a good work out I'm sure).
*Jane- that's fantastic that you're at the point where you have to take in the waist of your pants! Excellent! What a boost that must be!!!

Starting weight: 70kg
1st mini-goal: 66kg (2009-06-08)
2nd mini-goal: 62kg
3rd mini-goal: 58kg
Goal weight: 54kg
Hurricane Katrina

Postby court » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:33 am

Hi guys - i havent weighed in this week because I am not officially weighing in with my consultant to next monday - THANK GOD. Fell off the rails a bit. Ok so in total over the last week and a half I have eaten (on top of my JC food):

6 mini eggs
1/2 cadbury egg (medium sized like 50gms maybe?)
a mini lindt bunny
1 easter bun
and heres the clincher.... 1/2 bag of twix pods!!!!!!!!!!
Oh plus I went out for an easter dinner with friends - I had a salad but MAN did i put some cocktails and wine and vodkas away - wonder if the amount i vomited during the ngith cancels out those calories ;) haha

My god how bad did I fall off the wagon!!!!!!!! :shock: Surprisingly i think i still lost weight - I dont know how that is possible!! :roll: I suppose i kept up the exercise but yeah - wofeul woeful effort on my part. Back on 100% today so fingers crossed with 45 gym workouts i can make up for it before my weigh in this coming monday!!!!!!!! :oops:
court

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:18 pm

court wrote:My god how bad did I fall off the wagon!!!!!!!! :shock:

As long as you get back on the wagon, that's the important thing :-)

Well, I'm freely dispensing the advise that i myself should be taking. I've had a complete and utter disaster!!!! Haven't been to gym in a while. And i could feel that i had gained weight!!! I had every reason to dread the reading on the scale when i weighed in this morning!!! 70.6kg!!!!! eeeeeeekkkkk!!!!!!! Not only have i gained back the 2kgs i lost, but I've put on an additional 0.6kg!!!!! I'm feeling SO dejected at this point in time. But i know that i only have myself to blame! I don't have a lot to say, coz i know exactly what i need to do. Get my fat ass back on the treadmill and get back to eating correctly!!!

I feel really crappy (to say the least). I've let myself down terribly!!!! I need to make a concerted effort to fix this.
*sigh* :(

Hope you all had a great Easter weekend. Have a fabulous week ahead.

kat :oops:

Starting weight: 70kg
1st mini-goal: 66kg (2009-06-08)
2nd mini-goal: 62kg
3rd mini-goal: 58kg
Goal weight: 54kg
Hurricane Katrina

Postby court » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:24 pm

Lets do it together Kat!!!!!
And you dont have a fat ass :) Not that i know but i love my ass and i have 3kgs on you haha :)
Ok so we both had a blow out but we have our whole lives to make up for it! I have decided I am not going to kick myself I have been 100% today and I have absolutely no interest in eating any crappy food - I feel bloated and tired from my binge of a week and who wants to live this way?!
Back on track we are! Hey at least we are aware of it before the 1 or 2kg's blows out to 10 or 20kgs!
Have a good week

xoxoxox
court

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges