It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:17 am

Free Newsletter

15-week challenge, anyone????

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 15-week challenge, anyone????

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:30 pm

court wrote:Ok so we both had a blow out but we have our whole lives to make up for it! I have decided I am not going to kick myself I have been 100% today and I have absolutely no interest in eating any crappy food - I feel bloated and tired from my binge of a week and who wants to live this way?!
Back on track we are! Hey at least we are aware of it before the 1 or 2kg's blows out to 10 or 20kgs!

Thanks, Court!!! I really needed to hear some words of encouragement actually. I feel the exact same way about not wanting to eat any crappy foods and continue putting rubbish in my body!!! I don't want to live like that!!!!! We're not gonna let 2 kg blow out to 10 or 20kg!!!! Thanks, hun :D

kat :oops:

ps: Just an after thought (actually, it might just be an "after rant"): I'm really beginning to hate my digital scales!!! It's my first time to own one and I've never seen such a great fluctuation in my weight as i am seeing now. Maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better, but I'm actually thinking of buying a normal set of scales just so i can have something to compare the reading on the digital one to. It's funny, although i know that I've been "bad" (in terms of exercise and diet), I just don't trust the digital scale anymore. gr@#%&!*#........ :twisted:

Sorry, Just had to rant a bit.

Starting weight: 70kg
1st mini-goal: 66kg (2009-06-08)
2nd mini-goal: 62kg
3rd mini-goal: 58kg
Goal weight: 54kg
Hurricane Katrina

Postby court » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:55 pm

I know EXACTLY how you feel. My "normal" scales tell me i am 71kgs :lol: but the digital ones have me fluctuation almost a KILO a day. So i am just taking one measurement a week as gospel on my digital ones and trying my hardest to not let them get me down too much!!!!
Oh and no problem - I think you are fab and highly motivational so if i can help YOU then that is great!
But honeslty what is 2kg in the scheme of things :) Just make the right choices this week!

:D
court

Postby Jisgone » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:19 pm

My digital scales suck too :( and they are fancy tanita ones
I can get on the scales 4 times and each time get a different reading, I can be 107.4 then 107.1 then 107.2 then 107.5 in a matter of 60 seconds
Ive tried putting them on different surfaces and nothing fixes it :(
Jisgone

Postby foxyaussie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:57 pm

Hey Kat and Court,
I'm sorry to hear that you are both feeling crappy and upset with yourselves. I think last week should be officially named "Blow-out week' for everyone. I too had one of those weeks.
I had 2 macca's brekkies and 1 or 2 red rooster dinners over the week so yeah I'm feeling crappy too.
But at least last week is over now and we can move on to greener pastures. We can defiantly be grateful that it only lasted 1 week and not 10, and the 2kg gain Kat was not 20 or 200kg gain :D

I lost a inchy 200 grams last week but I've been in a tiny boardroom (more like a closet!) all day ,supposedly having a team meeting, with 5 other colleagues. Ended up being a huge whinge-all day-about-departmentmental-silly-protocols meeting. Our manager did not come near us ONCE today (she was meant to be in meeting with us all day), but hid from us. Yes we have huge issues with her and she won't face us cause she knows she's wrong *Do I hear a chicken in the room?* :wink:
Anyway I am feeling so wiped and mentally exhausted after doing all that for the last 8 hours, I cannot think straight, let alone care about my weight :(
Hopefully after a good sleep tonight my motivation will be back.

Enjoy the rest of your week everyone and keep smiling (gotta practice what I preach sometimes)

Jane
Heaviest Weight ever 82kg on 14/1/2009
81kg 15/2/2009
76.4kg 17/3/2009
76kg 23/3/09
75.5kg 30/3/09

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVb86a0/]
[/url]

Remember it's what's inside that matters the most.
foxyaussie

Postby jaygirl » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:26 am

I am interested in joining you guys!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcaXdGD/]
[/url]
jaygirl

Postby foxyaussie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:05 pm

Welcome jaygirl!!
81kg 15/2/2009
76.4kg 17/3/2009
76kg 23/3/09
75.5kg 30/3/09

[/url]

foxyaussie

Postby jaygirl » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:32 am

how do you guys lose all this weight, i need advice. so you do the six meal a day thing?
or is it exercise?
[/url]
jaygirl

Postby foxyaussie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:36 am

Hi jaygirl.
Both actually, for me anyway.
Try to watch what you eat (yeah I know it can be easier said then done), and do as much exercise as possible. I do 3-4 personal training sessions a week, plus other non structured exercise as well.
Good luck :)
81kg 15/2/2009
76.4kg 17/3/2009
76kg 23/3/09
75.5kg 30/3/09

[/url]

foxyaussie

Postby jaygirl » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:55 pm

they did not let me join calorieking.com as dont live/am not from australia. Anyone know any good site?

I would start exercising very well from today, if possible one hour exercise. i used to do twenty to thirty mins before
[/url]
jaygirl

Postby Jisgone » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:00 pm

just say you live in australia, they dont ask for proof :P
Jisgone

Postby jaygirl » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:56 am

Jewles wrote:just say you live in australia, they dont ask for proof :P

wow. thanks i would try again. hope they wont guess from my ip address. thanks
[/url]
jaygirl

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:08 am

Monday morning.....*bleh*.......the weekend was too good and now it's back to the work.....*bleh* :(

I hope you all had a great weekend. I had a birthday party to attend on Saturday night. We went to a Nepalese curry place and then went clubbing after wards. A good time was had. Not sure how I'd rate my performance in terms of calorie intake. It was my best friend's birthday and there were several people who came in from out of town to celebrate with us, so I was definitely more concerned with having a good time than sticking to the salads. LOL :D

I managed to lose 600g, so I'm weighing in at 69.8kg this morning. I'm feeling much better than i was the previous week. Thanks for the kind words, Jane. You're right to call it a "blow-out week". That week is over and i'm back on track.

Welcome to the challenge, Jaygirl. All the best with your weightloss efforts. I think all i can say in terms of weightloss is try and make good eating choices and try and get as much exercise as you can (even if it's incidental exercise, like taking the stairs).

I hope you all have a great week, Lovlies :P

kat

Hurricane Katrina

Postby court » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:29 am

I know Kat how bad are Mondays! I had the best weekend...got all active and went bushwalking out in the National Park with my big sis it was sooo much fun - found this really challenging track that led down to a beautiful beach with this shack community - apparently the whole area is heritage listed! So lovely I am taking my man back down there this saturday :D
Yesterday I just relaxed - it was cold so i baked him muffins and made him a slow cooker meal for the week - how fun are lazy days!
Nice work with the 600gms!! Even with a "blow out" week you are back on track! :)
I was a little bit naughty yesterday I stuck to my JC menu but i had a muffin that i baked (200 calories in a tiny muffin soooo not worth it! :evil:) and a bite of a cherry ripe double coat - my god delicious!!!!
I was a bit dizzy again late last nigth too soo i had a piece of toast...100% today but i dont know why it keeps happenign i think i have to head to the docs!
Have the big weigh in tonight - havent been weighed since the monday before easter - i think i may have lost around 1.5kg's even with my MASSIVE easter blow out in there! Fingers crossed!

Have a good week everyone I will report in tonight with my loss! Fingers crossed for at LEAST 1.5kgs :)

Court x
court

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:35 pm

OMG!!!! How terrible is my math?????? I was 70.6kg last week, so that means i lost 800g NOT 600g!!! Every little bit counts,even if it's just 200g, right!! :P

court wrote:I was a bit dizzy again late last nigth too soo i had a piece of toast...100% today but i dont know why it keeps happenign i think i have to head to the docs!
Have the big weigh in tonight - haven't been weighed since the monday before easter - i think i may have lost around 1.5kg's even with my MASSIVE easter blow out in there! Fingers crossed!

-Definitely go to the Doc's coz it seems to be happening quite often (better safe than sorry).
-well done on only eating one muffin,Court. If that were me, i would've convinced myself that i deserve to eat the whole tray since i baked them, dammit!!!! LOL
-Good luck with your weigh-in tonight! I can't wait to see your results.

kat :D

Hurricane Katrina

Postby court » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:35 pm

900gms! Not quite 1.5kgs but a loss nonetheless! I gotta stop drinking 2L of water before my weigh in! haha
court

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges