It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:37 am

Free Newsletter

MATCHBOX'S 3 MONTH CHALLENGE

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

MATCHBOX'S 3 MONTH CHALLENGE

Postby matchbox » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:18 pm

OK my lovelies i have 3 months until my 21st birthday and want to be looking awesome for it!! it's also getting quite warm around then and i plan on spending a lot of my holidays down at the beach with my boy 8) i also want a new bikini, possibly with NO BOARDIES *gasp* *shock horror* :shock: :shock: :shock: i don't know why i am subjecting myself to that but if i tone up enough and lose some flab i will dish out on the new bikini (it's expensive!) but i have to look awesome in it, otherwise i will not buy any.

so, the plan:
get back to the gym!! also including yoga too hopefully
take lunch and snacks to uni as much as i can and not buy so much crap from uni (although i will still indulge in a choc muffin every now and again!)
try to eat out less or make better choices - not sure if this one will happen since i LOVE eating out!

i've also recently discovered that i actually like sushi, i never used to like it much and couldn't eat more than 1 piece without feeling sick, but i quite like it! will take a bit more getting used to i think, but yeah. so that's an option too. i also get really bad when its TTOTM and eat loads, especially chocolate, but just food in general too. tomorrow i will be making "healthier" sausage rolls (i've been hanging out for weeks!) so i can take them to uni for lunches, might make some mini crustless quiches too, depends. i want to try and make stuff on a monday or tues to last me for the week so i can take for lunches and not have to worry about making stuff every day. there's also a subway about 10-15 mins away from uni, so if i have a big break (wed) and i' desperate, i can always get that instead.

so i want to tone up and hopefully lose some fat from my body. plan to do it by the gym and eating better, mainly taking lunch to uni so i can make better choices, oh and i want to start eating a better brekkie - grilled cheese on toast is awesome but not really diet friendly :(

forgot to add - starting at 60kg
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Re: MATCHBOX'S 3 MONTH CHALLENGE

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:42 pm

Good luck with your challenge, Lexi. It sounds like you have a solid plan. I'm sure you'll get there! :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby matchbox » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:53 pm

Thanks Ali :mrgreen:

well spent the day doing a bit of a cook up - made LF sausage rolls and LF potato salad to take to uni during the week (easy to make and don't have to find a microwave to heat them :roll: ) and i made a mexican lasagne for dinner (allong with chili con queso :oops: ) but will only have a little and i'm using lite sour cream. hopefully that should keep me going for a bit :) my bro tried the susage rolls and actually said they were good! (i didn't tell him they were LF either haha)

haven't gotten to the gym today but have done lots of running around in the kitchen and also around the house - moving things from one side of the house to the other. got the HR up a bit so i think that's counted for something! won't have a chance to go the next couple of days but should be set on friday if i'm feeling better - i've had the damn flu for about a month now, its very slowly subsiding, but it's taking its time grrr. that's all for now i think, more later :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby matchbox » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:48 am

well i've done so badly in the past week i'm actually ashamed to post it. i thought i could start all over again, but i didn't have tie for brekkie this morning, so went to get a hot choc on the way to uni and forgot to ask for skinny as well. on top of that i feel like censored, have a huge headache, miss my boy, and have an appointment with one of my lecturers/program chair to discuss some stuff in 45 mins. plus i can't concentrate because i have a huuuuge headache, so this lecture, although i like this unit, is a complete waste of my time today. also have lots of running around to do, and keep getting sucked into doing things for other people, and putting them before myself :( i keep getting guilted into doing them :(
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby matchbox » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:20 pm

ok, got to stop eating censored and feeling sorry for myself. there is SO much crap in the house its not funny - choc's, lollies, like 3 different types of icecream, chips etc etc. got to stop eating them!

so tonight i'm going to have my dinner and then not eat anything afterwards. if i'm STARVING i'll have a glass of water, and if i still am then i'll have a hot choc, otherwise that'll be it. i'm making ravioli for tea and will have a big glass of water with it too. in bed by 10pm the latest, no staying up super late talking to D.

he's coing over after uni tomorrow arvo, so i will get up at a decent time (by 9am the latest) and go to the gym and shower and stuff before he gets here. will have something little before i go to the gym, and probably a tuna sandwich or something for lunch. since i'm just starting the exercise i want to do at least 25 mins, i will live with 20 mins but i will be pretty damn disappointed.
we'll be having hot choc's in the arvo, i will most likely make them so they won't be toooo bad. and lots of study grrr.

still not sure how i want to go about this yet - working on it by myself or using WW points.

I HAVE 12 WEEKS TO DO THIS!!!

for the first week or 2 i think i will just stick with cardio, after that i'll start toning once i've gotten the tiniest bit of fitness possible.
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby matchbox » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:00 pm

well i gave in last night and had a fun-sized kitkat and a lindt ball. grrrr. couldn't even last one freaking night!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: really annoyed at myself. also, i'm feeling pretty pissed off today, since people LOVE screwing up my plans!! it's my day off today so i planned to have a sleep in (9am!! gasp!) and i get woken up at 7.30am, having to let someone doing some work in at 5 PAST 8, and now i'm up and awake and CAN'T EVEN DO MY ERRANDS BECAUSE I NEED TO STAY HERE FOR A FEW HOURS! i planned to get up and go to the gym first thing, be all good, start up again... but noooo i'm stuck here instead freezing my ass off!! it's like since i don't work full time i can cook, clean, wait around for hours so people can do work loudly, get woken up whenever they feel like... it's like i do nothing!!! i go to uni FULL TIME doing not 1 but *2 DEGREES* and they feel like i can do anything and everything for them and i'm supposed to drop my plans! even if that means STUDYING. yes, they expect me to do other things over study. even ENTERTAIN PEOPLE. no joke. umm yeah, cos that's more important than studying?? :evil: sorry for the huge rant, just feeling extremely pissed off today!! AND now i can't even go to the gym and work off the anger!!! :evil: i'm sick of being everyones b!tch :evil: :evil: :evil:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:12 pm

Oh wow. That would annoy the living hell out of me too! I think your rant is well justified. I get cranky when people think that 'flexible study hours' means that I should drop everything and put their needs first.

I think you're being too hard on yourself over the fun-sized chocolate bar and lindt ball. For starters, they're tiny so they would hardly contribute a huge amount of calories to your daily intake. Secondly, two small pieces of chocolate is hardly an out-of-control binge. Thirdly, if someone has an issue with craving chocolate many people on the forum will RECOMMEND they have a small portion just to satisfy the craving so they won't binge later on. So really you did a GOOD thing by having that small amount of chocolate! It's possible you're being too strict with yourself demanding that you eat nothing at all after dinner. If you can work two small pieces of chocolate into your daily calorie intake, and it makes you feel good, then why not have them?

I hope things become less stressful for you during the week.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Shalimar » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:16 pm

I agree with EWQ, dont beat yourself up over 150ish cals of chocolate, I have that every night for dessert. Just move on from it and concentrate on what comes next, not what has been done :) .

Good luck.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby matchbox » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:26 pm

Thanks girls, i think i needed to hear that!! it is just SO frustrating when other people don't take into consideration that i do have a life beyond cooking them dinner and tidying up the house and running errands and things for THEM. I have 1 day off a week, which is used for study (or soon hopefully work experience!) but this seems to be happening on a regular basis (and even on the holidays - having to cancel MY plans so i could sit at home waiting for hours for a plumber or some crap like that).

THank you both for your kind words about the chocolate - i just needed something sweet, and can't quite understand why i still don't have the willpower that i used to.

also i'm sitting at home for the next few hours waiting until i can go to the gym. stupid family. i love them but most of the time just can't wait to get rid of them :twisted: :lol:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:33 pm

Is there anywhere you can study outside the home? I know that if I study at home I feel obligated to do housework and people assume I'm happy to take care of plumbers, deliveries, etc. If I schedule studying at uni then people know I'm not at home for ANY purpose. If you live a fair way from your uni is there a local library you can go to instead? Many public libraries have free wi-fi so if you have a laptop you could get your work done there as easily as you can at home. You can make the excuse that you need to be at the library for their reference books or something. And if you go there regularly on your non-contact day people will stop assuming you are happy to stay home all day taking care of their odd-jobs. Just a thought, anyway.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby matchbox » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:37 pm

hmm that is an idea ali, thanks :) unfortunately i do live a while away from uni, depending on the traffic anywhere from 30 mins to an hour each way. the only proble with being out is that i get crap food to eat :lol: bit of a catch 22 really! :roll: It's just annoying since i got up early (well i was going to!) to specifically do my stuff before D comes over (study date woo!) but hmmm. the library sounds like a good idea, i might look into it, thanks heaps :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:51 pm

Is the library close enough that you can sneak home for lunch? That way you won't be able to snack while you're studying (most libraries won't allow food), but you have access to healthy food for your lunch break. No need to tell anyone that you're coming home for lunch. In fact, it's probably best to keep that secret so they won't start scheduling the plumbers for lunch time!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby matchbox » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:46 pm

thanks ali, that's a good idea :) the library is about 15 minutes away so that could work. I will most likely say next week that i am going into uni, and if that doesn't work, then the week after i'll head to the library. I can't believe that all i wanted today was to go to the gym and I can't even do that! :(
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby matchbox » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:32 am

today went much better after my little rant - had tomato and cheese grilled on toast for brekkie, tuna salad + crackers for lunch, and D and i made chicken and mushroom risotto for tea. i also had a glass of diet coke, which is fine :) i bought a twix today but DIDN'T eat it yay! and i haven't eaten since dinner either - i don't think i need to tonight! and i'll go to bed in a half hour or so, so i won't eat before then. feeling pretty good about it now :) had a really good arvo :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, Lexi. Good on you for not eating your chocolate bar straight away. Now that's willpower!
EvilWombatQueen

Next

Return to Challenges