It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:29 am

Free Newsletter

Wife V's Hubby

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Wife V's Hubby

Postby garn » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:53 pm

The challange has been laid down....

My husband believes he will have more success quiting smoking than i will have to lose weight.

He thinks I dont have the willpower....hmmpff...

We shall see.....besides i am a lot more stubborn than he is!!!!

Although, he has an unfair advantage of me not being a smoker so no temptation....can i ask him to stop eating????? :lol:

Will update you as the war of the will-power continues...

anita :wink:

Mini Goal 100
garn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:04 pm

my fiance mick reckons when i get to my goal weight he will give up smoking. im not going to push him though, it is too stressful haha
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:03 pm

uh oh....doesn't he know how us women get when such a challenge is issued?

You can do it Anita!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Garfield » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:47 pm

Haha, he has no chance.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby Green_Butterfly » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:48 am

Hey Garn :) I was a pack a day smoker (yuck!) up until three weeks ago. The fact that after i quit I could wake up in the morning and not cough up my lungs actually motivated me to drop my extra kilos. I agree, I think your hubbys got an unfair advantage! Once you give smokes the flick, thats it. You can forget about it. But with foood. oh sweet food! you HAVE to eat it- and its about willpower. But quitting is bloody stressfull if your around a whole heap of smokers. Luckiley I'm at the stage where I am repulsed by the smell of smoke, so thats kind of awesome. I'm sure you will motivate each other to kick ass! Anyway Im rambling. Best of luck to you & hubby!

**Bec**
Life's a garden, dig it!!!
Green_Butterfly

Postby garn » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:23 am

Hi,

sounds like you are on your way to good health..

.so far hubby is still not smoking...been a couple of months and i have managed to drop 5 kilos. I seem to have the exercise part of the equation under control...i hit the gym 4-5 times a week but still having a few hiccups mainly on the weekends where i seem to kick back and fall into old eating habits. I am currently working on changing one thing at a time, rather than try and change everything straight away. The 1st goal was to get moving, the 2nd was to start cutting out 'junk' during the week (this is having moderate sucess - sadly i am an emotional eater and eat crap when i stress). and the next and last is to cut all the extra snacking on weekends. I think this will be easier as i start to lose more weight and the motivation continues.....i hope :)

Good luck on your weight loss journey also. I will keep an eye out for you in the weekly weigh-in. The current challenge is Christmas parties....sigh..... there is always something tempting out there...

take care
anita

Mini Goal 100
garn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:40 am

Hi anita
changing things one at a time is the way to go i believe. its like weaning babies off bottles and dummies and breastfeeding and so on. little steps instead of big drastic ones- otherwise its too emotional and seems to hard! take it easy and keep us updated- I LOVE IT!
kate_turner2000

Postby Neney » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:26 pm

Hi Anita. Congratulations on the 5 kilo drop.

My hubby is fit and toned (makes me crazy) so maybe I could challenge him to something like that, although he doesn't smoke..he likes a few beers of a night though!! Hehe.

Women, especially when challenged are endless to their own personal strength!! So keep up the great work.
Mini Goal - Reach Double Digits!! 99kgs

Neney

Return to Challenges