It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:54 pm

Free Newsletter

The Ali Challenge!

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

The Ali Challenge!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:46 pm

I think I'll be pretty useless for the first few days of this challenge because of an ill-timed head-cold, but what the hey I'll start a thread anyway!

This is a challenge for the two Alis over the next 38 days. I'm not aiming for a kilo amount, more a way to spur me on to make positive changes and not slip back into old habits.

Day 1: head-cold. Going to eat a lot of vegetable soup. I'll listen to my Gabriel Method MP3 too. No exercise as my body's really not up to it right now.
EvilWombatQueen

Re: The Ali Challenge!

Postby Czarina » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:21 pm

Feel better soon!

And good luck with the challenge Alis!
Czarina

Postby ali76 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:33 pm

I'll kick it for both of us Ali (I hope you're feeling better soon and that EWK is looking after you)!

I don't want to set a kilo amount either (I'll just get disappointed if I don't achieve it), just daily challenges / tasks and to get to Bali on the 5th of May feeling the best I can!

My everyday goals for the next 38 days are to use calorie king (helps to keep me accountable), exercise at least 4 out of 7 days, drink at least 1.5L of water (2L on the days I exercise), eat well - meaning I'm allowed to have treats if I don't blow out my calories or have to exercise to work it off!!

So today my goal is to eat well and to kick some butt in my netball grand final!!

Eating has been really good so far:

Breakfast – Cheerios with non fat milk
M/T – 6 almonds and 2 cups of tea
Lunch – Banana, low fat / low calorie yoghurt, ham and cheese s/w and a diet coke
A/T – 6 almonds, apple
5pm – Berocca (for netball!!)
Dinner – not sure yet but some sort of lean meat with veggies
Dessert – icy pole (under 100 colories!!)

Exercise - netball

I weighed in this morning and was at 74 :( I'll only weigh in once a week but will record the colories I eat and burn from Calorie King every day.

Let's go Ali's, let go!!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby OhSheGlows » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:21 pm

Good luck with both your challenges :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYJj0Pz/]
OhSheGlows

Postby ali76 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:53 pm

WE WON!!!

Premiers by 3 goals....woot woot!!! :mrgreen:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:42 pm

Yay you! That's great news, Ali. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ali76 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:03 pm

Thanks Ali :mrgreen:

It was a really hard, fast, physical game....yah!

Today is going ok....

Breakfast - poached egg on multigrain toast
Snack - 2 almonds
Lunch - I have a banana, yoghurt, toasted ham, cheese and tomato s/w and a coke zero.
Snack - apple
Dinner - Marinated chicken breast with carrots, beans, cauliflower and brocoli.
Snack - Icy pole

Exercise - hoping to do RPM at the gym.

I was reasonably good yesterday. After the game we had presentations and the venue put on pizza! I had 2 pieces of ham and pineapple but then didn't eat anything else for dinner.

Calorie King tells me I was still within my allowance though :P

How are you feeling today Ali?

xx
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:15 pm

I'm still feeling pretty ordinary, but I had to go back to work because I had to attend a couple of lectures and a personal development session this evening.

I haven't eaten much at all. The illness has taken away my appetite. However, I've made sure not to skip meals so that my metabolism isn't impacted negatively. I walked to and from uni twice, so I got my daily exercise. I didn't walk too quickly, though, because I'm still feeling poorly.

My only naughtiness is having a couple of glasses of wine tonight. I'm sticking to two, though, so it shouldn't have any impact on my weight loss. I'm trying to figure out if my craving for wine means I'm getting better, or if it's just because of working late today. :lol:

I'm hoping to feel considerably better tomorrow. I've found all my exercise gear after cleaning my room up so I'm ready to start using my elliptical trainer again!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:14 pm

I'm feeling better today! I think the wine last night fixed me. That's my excuse, anyway. :wink:

So far eating has been good. Oats and light soy milk for brekkie. Left over shepherd's pie for lunch (made with TVP rather than mince, given my vegan-ness). I might do a stir-fry for dinner tonight.

I have errands to run this evening, so my walking will be over 80 minutes. I'm going to do brisk and slow intervals to see if that helps burn a bit of fat. I'm going to try and do a few minutes worth of burpees tonight and see if my back can handle it.

How are you going today, Ali?
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ali76 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:44 pm

Hello lovely Ali!

So glad to hear you’re feeling better – you look after that back!

Eating WAS going well….

Poached egg on multigrain
12 almonds
A ham, cheese and tomato s/w and then…..

A chocolate donut.

AND – I have to say – completely over rated….nearly 500 calories and I didn’t even enjoy it. I’m feeling a bit like I’m getting tonsillitis (again) so had comfort food….

Now I HAVE to go to the gym tonight….will do an hour of body pump….sigh.

I was so proud of myself last night though. I went through all the chocolate I’d bought for my family for Easter and was seriously thinking I might just open one for myself….so I went an brushed my teeth instead!! However, I didn’t go to the gym….so I guess it was an average day….??

PS - Ali, wine fixes EVERYTHING!!!! :wink:
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:44 pm

I was good and didn't drink any wine last night! I got a huge hankering and was nearly going to go to the shops to buy some, but I decided to put a dressing-gown on, dye my hair and put a face-mask on. There's no way I was going out looking like that, wine or no wine!

However, I fully intend to buy some wine today. I'm cutting down on my drinking by having alternate nights off. I'll make sure I get some extra exercise in to justify the calories.

I did heaps of walking yesterday, quite brisk too for many parts. I didn't end up managing the burpees. My back hurt too much and I felt I looked ridiculous enough with squelchy hair, mud on my face and a tatty old dressing-gown.

I hope you're not getting tonsillitis. Tonsillitis sounds awful.

Don't worry too much about the doughnut. I'm sure it won't impact your weight loss in the long run!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ali76 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:37 am

Wow....I've really been avoiding this thread....I have been bad, Bad, BAD and I'm feeling RUBBISH for it - no one to blame but myself.

Now only 27 days until Bali so I really need to motivate myself and be accountable.

I find that I'm really good at work but I get home and just lose it....part of the reason it probably that I've not been going to the gym.....sigh....

Anyway....I can't change the past, can only change the future...

How are you doing Ali??

xoxo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:16 pm

Err... I slipped up too. However that's just all the more reason for us to pull our socks up and get right back into it, hey Ali?

For me exercise is the key. I've cut back on my drinking and the weight still isn't moving. Two birthdays (mine and my partner's) plus Easter in the space of a week certainly didn't help! So back to eating healthy and I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO get some interval exercise in. That way I don't have to find time to raise my heart-rate for 20 minutes straight, instead I can sneak in three minute spurts here and there around my normal activities. Given I walk for over an hour each day this added exercise will hopefully make a difference. I have to teach tonight but I'm going to make myself do five minutes on my elliptical trainer beforehand. Then I'm going to make myself do five minutes when I wake up tomorrow. I PROMISE!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ali76 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:46 pm

How's it going Miss Ali...?!?!

I'm a bit up and down. TTOM for me so I'm a bit upset....and feeling like sh!t....emotionally eating AND hungry at the same time...?!?!

BUT - I still got up and did RPM at the gym this morning. I haven't done an RPM class for a while - doing step, attack and pump instead. I forgot how much I enjoy it!!

Hopefully will do a pump class tomorrow, netball on Monday and I'm going to "TRY" and get up and do a 6.05am class on Tues morning....down to only 25 days until Bali. I do need to try and be a little more careful with my eating though.

Ali - I haven't had any alchol since last Saturday!!! :shock:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby ali76 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:14 pm

21 days til Bali....woo hoo!!

My exercise seems to be going well...I did RPM Saturday, Pump on Sunday, Attack Monday, Tuesday I was aching all over so had a rest day and I did RPM tonight. I just need to get my food under control now.....augh....!!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Next

Return to Challenges