It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:26 am

Free Newsletter

The Ali Challenge!

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Ali Challenge!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:22 am

I've discovered a great way to get my appetite under control: a steel boned corset. It's as uncomfortable as hell, but I'm hoping that it will rest my back muscles enough for me to get better. With the added bonus that there's no room in my tummy for food!

On the downside exercise is almost impossible in one of those buggers. But since I'm not getting much done anyway right now I'm not seeing it as a major problem. I'm doing exercises every second night to strengthen my back muscles and stretching whenever I'm not corsetted up. I'm still walking to and from uni. Back to drinking red wine almost every night. Student marking does that to me. :(

Good on you for your impressive exercise regime, Ali. You're doing really well!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Juan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:04 am

Have you tried eating turmeric. I usually take a teaspoon of this powder before every meal and it really helps me recover from my colds. Helps kill parasites and bacteria. It ma taste really bad at first but you'll get used to it quickly. They're sold in capsules too, but they are more expensive.
Last edited by Jisgone on Sat May 01, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spam removed
Juan

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun May 02, 2010 12:43 pm

I cook curries regularly with turmeric and I've never noticed it being an appetite suppressant.

Things are crazy at uni as per usual. I'm trying to watch what I eat, but it's not easy. I've cut down on drinking but haven't weighed myself in weeks. I'm scared to see how much weight I've gained!

I've decided to cut down on my caffeine and drink more herbal teas. I'm not sure if it will help how much I eat, but it may help my anxiety levels. Since stress can make you gain weight I'm starting to think that tackling that little issue may be more beneficial than I'd previously thought.

How are you going, Ali?
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ali76 » Sun May 02, 2010 3:36 pm

Hey Ali!

I've been in hiding....I tore my calf at netball a few weeks ago. Couldn't strain or pull it - had to tear it....SO, I'll be on crutches in Bali and I haven't been able to do pretty much any exercise.

To make things even better, TTOM is due on Wednesday so if I'm not pregnant (which I don't think I am) i get to go to Bali with my period and on crutches....yah.

The world can go and get f**cked at the moment!!!

I cna't believe how much I miss my exercise....?! :roll:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon May 03, 2010 2:17 pm

You poor thing. Wow. That really is a series of bad luck. I hope your calf heals quickly. What a bummer that you'll be using crutches in Bali.

I've got my fingers crossed that at least you'll get good news on the pregnancy front. If that ends up a disappointment too then I hope whatever painkillers you're on for your calf don't mean you can't drink alcohol. Otherwise its not going to be a fun time in Bali for you at all. :(

I'm cutting down my alcohol right now. Mostly because I'm being plagued with migraines over the last week. Booze and nausea don't go well together, except maybe as cause and effect. Day two of the caffeine elimination is going okay. I'm getting bored with tea, though. My partner finds that very amusing because I am a tea hoarder. Half of our pantry consists of different varieties of tea. My argument is that I need to buy that many types of tea so I don't get stupidly bored just drinking one.

I still haven't worked up the courage to weigh myself.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ali76 » Mon May 24, 2010 2:54 pm

So Bali has well and truly gone, I'm off my crutches and I'm back to netball tonight (I hope!! It's been 4 weeks and the doctor told me 8...I'm feeling good so fingers crossed!).

I feel worse than I have in a long time so it's time to stop making excuses (have I said this once or five times before?!).

Stay tuned....

How are you Ali?
xxxx
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue May 25, 2010 11:39 am

Glad to hear you're off your crutches! I'm going okay. Haven't weighed myself for a few weeks because it's too cold to strip off and get on the scales in the mornings!

I'm now on the road to TTC as well, but it's early days. I received my blood tests back, so see how my immunity and vitamin levels are. I had to get rubella and MMR vaccinations and had to get ANOTHER blood test because the stupid doctor I saw first time forgot to test me for chicken-pox, even though it's one of the things I specifically mentioned I was there for. Grrrrr.

That same doctor (Dr. 1) advised me to go off ALL supplements for the first fifteen weeks of pregnancy (including folate). Given I'm vegan and need those bloody supplements to keep my body together let alone form another little body inside me I thought I'd get a second opinion. The doctor I saw last night (Dr. 2, who picked up that Dr. 1 forgot to test me for chicken-pox) said I should stay on the D3 because I'm still quite low in vitamin D and keep taking the pregnancy multivitamins that contain folate. I like her so much better!

So I have to go back and find out if I need a chicken-pox vaccination in a week or so. And she says I should keep taking the pill and not try to conceive for a couple of months, I'm guessing so they can make sure my immunity is up to scratch first. It's very frustrating! If I'd known there would be such a wait I would have started getting these tests done months ago.

I'm still walking everywhere and eating healthy food. The wine consumption has crept up a bit so I need to watch myself with that. I'm doing well having cut out coffee and soy milk.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:47 pm

How are things going, Ali? I weighed myself for the first time in ages this morning. 71.6kg, which is a bit of a surprise because it means I've lost 300g from last weigh-in by doing sweet FA. Not that I'm complaining!

As soon as my pay goes through I'm going to buy some low GI vegetarian cookbooks. I've been trying to eat low GI over the last few days and I'm guessing that's what's helped me lose the weight but I'm running out of ideas of what to do with chickpeas, sweet potato and lentils! I might wander up to Borders at lunch time and see if they have any in stock. I love buying online, and I've found a cheap online bookstore in the UK, but I hate having to wait for delivery!

Shall we restart the challenge again? I'm wanting to get below 70 kg by the end of the month. Not sure if it's do-able, but it would be nice!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Tarz » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:17 pm

Hey chicky-dee, Just dropping by to see how things are going here. How are you going back at netball? Are you close to fully recovered?
Tarz

Postby ali76 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:38 pm

Hello!!!

As you might have guessed, I've been avoiding WLF like the plague....i've been baaaaad!!! :oops:

Hello my gorgeous Tarz!!! Yep, back at netball. My first week back was actually less painful than my second week (last week) so I'm a little scared for tonight. I play Monday and Tuesday and I ran centre last Tuesday night and I could barely walk by the time I got home!!

I'm feeling reeeeally bad atm. Really unfit and heavy. I weighed myself on the weekend and literally nearly cried. Time to stop making excuses and cut the [email protected] eating and get back to doing more than just 2 games of netball a week....

I'm seriously thinking about starting the Couch 2 5K...I know I have the fitness to do it (well - I will)!! I can play a game of netball and easily run over 5K in that game, but to just put my sneakers on and run....I can't do it?!

Apart from that, I want to get back into the gym. I felt soooo good when I was going all the time...!!

My birthday is in just over 8 weeks so I think that is a good length of time to aim for a goal....

How's everyone else??

xxxxxx
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby alizezz » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:30 pm

Good luck with the challenge Alis! :wink:
alizezz

Previous

Return to Challenges