It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:19 am

Free Newsletter

CSIRO 12 week challange

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

CSIRO 12 week challange

Postby pixychic86 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:43 pm

hello. as u will prolly all know, im starting CSIRO diet on monday. its a 12 week program.

ill be making a few adjustments to the diet however. red meat is abundent in this diet, and im not a big red meat eater, but i will try to increase my consumption from nil to at least 2 dinners a week. they recommend 4 times a week, so i will substitute with chicken breasts and chickpea/spinach sausages(love em :wink: )

they also have banana's in this diet, and banana's are like bars of gold here so im substituting with kiwi fruits, manderins, apples and oranges.

there vegetables recommendation will be easy-i eat vegies everyday anyway.

dairy might be hard for me, im not a big fan. but i have got some low fat milk with added calcium, and weight watchers cheese to put in salads.

im gonna start doing yoga/pilates dvd's, and my challenge is to keep up with them, and slowly increase intensiy and duration (the dvd's i got have many levels on them :D

wish me luck :D
pixychic86

Postby Natalie72 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:27 pm

Good luck!

Where do you buy chickpea/spinach sausages?
Natalie72

Postby pixychic86 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:13 pm

from the vegetarian meat section at my local woolworths :D
pixychic86

Postby Natalie72 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:45 pm

yummo :D
Natalie72

Postby KimE » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:35 am

Good luck with that Jess.
:D
Keep us up to date as no one here is on this plan so it will be good to see how it goes. Sounds like you have it all planned out and the exercise is a good addition too.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Groovychic » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:50 pm

I had a read of the csiro diet book the last few days and the whole huge meat thing has put me off to a certain extent. I'm really not a big fan of meat, particularly red meat. And there seems to be an awful lot of carbs as well. I only eat bread about 2 times a week, so everyday would just blow me out I am sure. Yesterday I had a bit of a trial of it. I measured the Plus Sports cereal that I usually eat for breaky and found that I normally have about 30g. They have recommended 40g of breakfast cereal(high fibre). So I added about another 10g of all bran. And I sliced up a banana. I thought bugger the damn price of them. They were $10.95 a kilo here. They worked out to be about $1 each. They were only small as well!!! But I wouldnt think twice about spending $1.50 or so on a chocolate bar! Anyway then I had lunch, which ended up being at 2pm. I was starving by then. But I went and cleaned the pool and had a swim before lunch. I made a sandwich with 2 pieces of 9-grain bread. I used no butter but spread a small amount of tomato relish on the bread, added 2 eggs, 1 whole tomato(I cut it thick so it would fit),cucumber, beetroot and lettuce. In the egg when I was mashing it I added a small amount of light mayonnaise. So it was fairly healthy. But I was craving something sweet afterward. So I ate a homemade biscuit. That is my major problem when I have carbs for lunch. I crave something sweet afterwards.
I've been thinking a lot these last few weeks about what I am eating. I have acknowledged that I don't eat enough protein. As I said I'm not fond of eating meat. We eat a lot of fish which I don't think has as much protein as red meat. So I have come to the conclusion I might need to take protein shakes like the body builders!!! Does anyone know of any shakes that might be good. I'm thinking of having one for breaky each day. Then a salad for lunch most day and then whatever I am cooking for dinner at night. I have to try really hard to cut out the biscuits and cakes. It so hard because I make these things because of the kids and the other half but I want to eat it too!!! He comes home from work and of course we have a cup of tea together and the biscuit tin or something comes out. I have really bad will power so I have to work on that. So if anyone has any ideas let me know. It would be great appreciated.
Rochelle
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:27 am

Hi rochelle

i added a thing in the tips section about adding protein to your diet- 5 easy tips :) and check out your health food store to see what they offer. you can get a whole heap of flavours :)
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:56 am

Hi Rochelle. I've found some really good protein supplements:

Nature's Way soy protein (it's in all the supermarkets) is pretty good... and if you get the unflavoured one, you can add it into food. I've been putting it into soup, which sounds gross but it's really yummy!

Ladybird Figure Tone has tonnes of protein and barely any carbs. Just tends to go a bit lumpy though...

The best thing out... Protein Crunch. You add it to your breakfast cereal - yum :D

I get them from http://www.completehealth.com.au . They have massive discounts on there :wink:
SarahC

Return to Challenges