It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:16 pm

Free Newsletter

FFS v Yellowroses: The (friendly) Competition

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: FFS v Yellowroses: The (friendly) Competition

Postby yellowroses » Mon May 24, 2010 3:08 pm

Don't beat yourself up with the wine hun :) Beating yourself up about it can lead to self-destructive food-eating... Wine in itself isn't really that terrible, it's the foods that you eat after you get tipsy/drunk that are the naughty part :lol: Just a tip: drink plenty of water today, it will help with any water-retention that your body is having from any salty/sugary foods and the wine from the weekend.

I'm really really looking forward to your WI tomorrow. Don't be scared - you've done your best :)

Lisa.
Goal for 2010: Be at most 99.9kg by 31st December 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePqDKj/

Final Goal: 68kgs.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcytIxC/

I'm taking back my life.
Check out my vlog: http://www.youtube.com/yellowroses89
yellowroses

Postby FatFukShrinking » Tue May 25, 2010 9:10 am

Hi YR

Well i weighed in.... i lost 600grams bringing me to 113.1kg. I'm not happy with myself, but i know a loss is a loss. All i can do is try harder this week! I hope all is going well with you! You are right about negative thoughts leading to self destruction. That is how i fail at every weight loss attempt. I can lose 20 or 30 kilos and then start thinking negative, i slide backwards... have a couple of gains, which make me feel worse, and i can never seem to get back on the wagon after that.

I always stop at the same weight too. I always stop at 90kgs. Getting into the 80's means the world to me, because when i was in the 80's i felt more like myself, and i had a better control over my life. I've got to 90kgs two times in the last couple of years and that is the point where i give up, why couldn't i just go another week and get to 89kg? This time i know that is a mental barrier for me, and I'm really going to push myself to break through it. I know it is bizarre, humans are strange creatures lol.

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Postby yellowroses » Tue May 25, 2010 10:54 am

Hey FFS,

:) Yay! You had a loss! That's fantastic hun, it really really is! Again, don't try to think about this in a negative way. If you feel that you could have lost more this week, assess what you could have done differently, and attempt to practice those differences in the coming week. I'm always here when you want to chat.

I know what you mean about the 'mental barrier', but mine isn't connected to weight, it's more like a mental thing. Yesterday it happened - I had a complete blow out. I ate nearly double my calorie allowance, and today I feel upset at myself, not to mention I have a stomach ache. Based on my choice of foods (CHOCOLATE!), I know that it was depression related. I don't quite know what triggered it, but I think I was feeling anxious, like, I didn't know what to do with myself, and I didn't want to sit down and study, but I knew I had to because I've got exams in 2 weeks, and two assignments due on Thursday. I'm definitely feeling the pressure... I'm trying not to let yesterdays blow out get to me, and I just want to move on. I don't know if I should limit my calories for the next few days to make up for it, if I should think of it as 'just one day, move on, eat normally (i.e. healthily), and it won't affect weigh in too much'. I need to try to put emergency tactics into place for when I feel like that again... but I don't know what. Any ideas?

*hugs*
Lisa.

I'm taking back my life.
yellowroses

Postby FatFukShrinking » Tue May 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Hey YR,

Thank you for your kind words. I read your post earlier today but i was feeling too "blah" to reply at the time lol. I'm ok now though, back on track. It's a new week and a chance for me to do better! I'm sorry about your crappy day yesterday.

I think it probably is better to keep eating healthy after a blow out, otherwise it is like you are punishing yourself. It's kind of like feeding a negative thought pattern. Having said that, when i have a blow out i sometimes do have less food than i should the next day. Like maybe i will have a fresh juice or a shake instead of a meal.

I'm trying not to do that though, because i do think it's a bit of a bad habit. Increasing my water limit and just sticking to my usual plan is probably all i should do.

Maybe for emergencies you could have some naughty but nice snacks on hand? There are lots of low cal bars out there. You could keep one in your bag? Keep dark chocolate on hand instead of the normal stuff?

When you are upset - before you start to have a food blow out, eat an apple. If you aren't hungry enough to eat the apple then you don't need the chocolate. If you get through the apple.... you might have calmed down enough to fight off the craving. I eat my apples slowly lol. I use a knife and cut off the skin and enjoy eating that first. Then i eat the apple piece by piece. Sounds crazy but it's really just about distracting myself lol.

It's easy to type all these things that sound good, but in the moment it's sometimes almost impossible to stop yourself. Whatever happens, don't let the guilt get to you.

FatFukShrinking

Postby Sassyt » Wed May 26, 2010 9:19 pm

Hey guys your friendly competion looks so exciting, how nice. You guys seem to be doing great as well. I will be watching your progresses with interest :) you rock!!!
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby FatFukShrinking » Thu May 27, 2010 10:01 pm

Hey Sassy! Thanks for that :) Nice work on all the weight you have lost btw!!

YR... just wanted to wish you goodluck with all your assignments and exams!

:D

FatFukShrinking

Postby FatFukShrinking » Fri May 28, 2010 1:04 am

I was having a think about how food and weightloss can do your head in. When i start a diet or eating healthy.... i always obsess over it. I think about it all day and all night. What i will eat, what i can't eat, how much fat / cals / protein and sodium is in everything. I find myself saying things like "This wouldn't be bad for me hey?"... i say that over things that are healthy. I get really hard on myself.

When i am not weighing myself, not dieting or eating healthy.... i don't have this problem. Ignorance really is bliss. I think this is why i give up on losing weight all the time, because being a fat blob is easier in many ways. Hmmm

FatFukShrinking

Postby Shay » Fri May 28, 2010 6:03 pm

Hey guys,

I dont know if this will work for you but it really did for me, and now i cant really stomach junk food.

Basically, every time i felt the need for a sugar rush/chocolate etc, i'd have some fruit because it was still sweet. After i did this for a few weeks, i found that whenever i wanted a sugar boost, it was fruit i was craving. Once i even tried having chocolate instead of fruit, and i found it tasted horrible and did not leave me feeling as good. The good thing with fruit is afterwards you feel so refreshed and guiltless. And dont worry about fruit type, if you want a banana or anything else, just eat it without worrying about calories. You're better off eating a banana than anything by cadbury.
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby FatFukShrinking » Sat May 29, 2010 4:15 pm

Hi YR,

Just wondering how your weigh in went :)

FatFukShrinking

Postby yellowroses » Sat May 29, 2010 10:06 pm

Hey FFS,

Sorry I haven't been around much! I've been crazy busy getting ready for exams, doing last minute assignments, and getting ready for my trip to Europe in 3 weeks! Unfortunately this week, probably due to stress, I failed on sticking to my calorie limit a lot of times :( I WI this morning and had gained 600g :( I know what you mean about watching what you eating doing your head in. I obsess about food when I'm trying to lose weight, so much so that sometimes I spend all day at my computer just planning planning planning what I'm going to be eating... very strange...

I hope you're doing much much much better than I am. I'm going to definitely try to improve this week! Maybe I should do what you do, and skip the calorie counting for a while and just try to make healthy choices.

Lisa.

I'm taking back my life.
yellowroses

Postby FatFukShrinking » Sun May 30, 2010 12:57 pm

Hi Lisa.

Wow only 3 weeks until the big trip. You must be soooo busy! Don't worry about todays weigh in, i'm proud of you for still weighing in. 600grams isn't bad, when i have a stressful week i can easily gain 3kilos lol. Sometimes life gets in the way and you just have to deal with it and come back to weight loss as soon as you can.

I try not to count exact calories because i love to obsess over numbers lol. I have done it before, i would get out my kitchen scales and weigh all my food, getting it exact. I hate having to think so much about what i am eating. You do whatever works for you, i hope you have a fantastic week, with as little stress as possible!

I'm doing pretty good, but i'm still doing silly stuff like drinking wine - then eating cheese lol. Then the next day i try and be really good, but it still ruins my hard work. I hate that it takes so much work to get 1 step forward, yet it's so easy to fall 10 steps behind!

:D :D

FatFukShrinking

Postby FatFukShrinking » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:19 am

I weighed in today. Yipeee i lost 1.9kg bringing me to 111.2kg :D :D :D :D

I'm super happy after i only lost 600grams last week. I seem to have a big number one week and then a couple of small numbers the weeks after. I've lost 10kg now :D :D :D :D

Hope all is well with you YR

:)

FatFukShrinking

Postby Sassyt » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:00 pm

I would be over the moon too well done!!! 1.9kg is a great loss!! :D
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby yellowroses » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:05 am

Yay FFS!! That loss is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *does happy dance* I think the big number followed by the small numbers is your body's natural way of evening itself out, kinda to figure out what's going on :) hehe

Yay 10kg mark!!! that's so awesome babe!!! :D :D

I'm struggling to get back on track, still eating lots of junk and feeling really lethargic and crap. I went to see my shrink a few days ago, and he said that when I get back from Europe, he will hook me up with a woman who can help me out with the emotional and mental side of my eating, so that should be good!! I do still want to attempt to get on track before then though, I want to be able to still lose weight in Europe. I spent all day yesterday booking sooo many things for my trip yesterday, I finally have a proper itinerary, not a 'guessed' one lol. My back is feeling much better, so I'm thinking that I might do a bit of exercise on my Wii today :)

I'm taking back my life.
yellowroses

Postby FatFukShrinking » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:29 am

Hello YR

:)

UGHHHHH have to check in and say i'm having the worst start to this weightloss week. After a good loss i let myself go crazy. I stopped writing in my food journal, stopped my exercise (which is only 5 minutes a day). I've been eating crap!

I feel crap, can't get back on track. I haven't been drinking my water. The weather is cold and rainy and all i want to do is sit around eating junk food! Now i am really hungry. When i start to slip back into old habits i get really really hungry.

I haven't eaten anything yet today. I'm going to try and do a juice fast today and just drink home made vegetable and fruit juice, and lots of water. I need to reboot my system and stop allowing myself to fail. I stepped on the scales yesterday and i was like 2 kilos heavier!! UGH i have to turn this week around. 4 days until i weigh in again, i can do this!!

Rawrrr pep talking myself here lol

This is how i fail every other time. I self sabotage, then i gain weight and the gain sends me crazy.

Lisa i hope you are well, sorry for having a vent here. I just needed to confess, i feel so guilty.

I ate hot chips which i tried to tell myself was ok because i made them myself. I ate cheese, i drank wine, i ate cheese scones! Then i tried to starve myself to make up for it.... but that made me even more hungry and i binged.

I'm hating myself right now.

FatFukShrinking

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges