It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:56 pm

Free Newsletter

FFS v Yellowroses: The (friendly) Competition

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: FFS v Yellowroses: The (friendly) Competition

Postby yellowroses » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:48 pm

*huggles* FFS - I think you and I should make a pact - Tomorrow, you and I will get back on track TOGETHER. I have avoided the scales this morning because I'm freaking out about how much I will have gained. This past week has been TERRIBLE so I can completely relate. Please please please don't try to starve yourself to get back on track - it is a surefire way to fail babe. Tomorrow night, we will write here exactly what we have eaten throughout the day - good or bad. Maybe the thought of having to confess to someone will help us make healthier choices. We will do this together hun!!! WE CAN DO THIS! I know what you mean about the cold weather. Plenty of soups and stews are in our future methinks :)

*hugs* we will do this this time babe - it's do or die time!
Goal for 2010: Be at most 99.9kg by 31st December 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePqDKj/

Final Goal: 68kgs.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcytIxC/

I'm taking back my life.
Check out my vlog: http://www.youtube.com/yellowroses89
yellowroses

Postby FatFukShrinking » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:04 pm

BIG HUGS!

YR i completely understand not wanting to weigh in. I was actually thinking about skipping Tuesdays weigh in because i'm so scared of seeing a gain. I'm all over the place at the moment. Tomorrow i'm going to write down everything i eat in here. I guess all we can do is take it one step at a time, until we find our way back on track. I don't know what i would do without these forums! You are a wonderful support to me YR. Thank you!

A bad week isn't worth throwing away all our goals. Back into it tomorrow!

:)

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Postby FatFukShrinking » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:54 pm

Hi YR

Well today so far i haven't been drinking, I'm starting to now. Naughty i know. Just had lunch.

1 Sandwich from 2 pieces wholemeal bread, avocado, sprouts, tomato, low fat mayo, bit of pepper and salt. I shouldn't have added the salt but i like it on tomato.

I almost can't wait until Tuesday so i have this week over with and a fresh new start.

I'm in an annoyed mood right now. I was with my mum and told her if my brother calls I'm not here, busy, asleep .. whatever. My brother is draining and i don't have the energy to deal with his stuff right now, plus i was eating my lunch. I told mum 10 times to say i wasn't here, 5 mins later my brother calls and mum goes "she's right here". Why would she do that? I was like... no i told you I'm busy and I'm not talking, then she stood there going "she's being a pig and won't talk". What a trouble maker she is!?

I love my mum to death but sometimes she really gets on my nerves lol. Now my brother will be angry at me. He's the type of person that if you annoy him, he will cut you off completely. All i wanted was a bit of time to myself, to sit and eat my lunch and not have to run around for him. Now it's going to be a big drama.

Do you ever feel like cutting a family member off? The times when i had little to do with my mother were the times i lost the most weight. Coincidence? Maybe not...

FatFukShrinking

Postby FatFukShrinking » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:57 pm

Sorry about the vent, i know it's really not a big deal, i'm just stressed out and needed some space, so i was extra touchy :oops:

FatFukShrinking

Postby yellowroses » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:25 am

Hey hunny, sorry about my late reply. I didn't go to sleep last night until 11am this morning! Then I woke up at 1pm, and then feel back to sleep at 4pm and woke up at 9.30pm. I'm planning to shove some study into my day, and then go back to sleep.

So far today I have eaten a small bowl of chicken pasta, 4 slices of wholemeal bread with a small avocado, and 2 large slices of jelly slice. I feel completely over-full, like I'm going to vomit too. I think it's from the jelly slice. I ate it because I made it and my husband complained that it didnt taste right, so I had some, agreed, but then I couldnt help but have another slice. I also made a huuuuge batch of caramel slice. I just spoke to hubby and he said that he'll grab some to take to people and then the rest he will throw out for me. What's up with me not wanting to waste stuff? I always think "well, I made it, I should probably eat the whole thing"... same with when I go to a restaurant it's like "i paid $20 for this bowl of pasta, I'm gonna eat the whole damn thing!!". I read somewhere that naturally thin people don't think like that. They just naturally eat until they're satisfied and then push the plate away without giving it a second thought. Weird right?

As to your question of have I ever wanted to cut a family member off. Yes. And I did. Quite successfully I might add - it was my grandmother. She censored about everyone behind their backs, treats everyone badly, and is in general just a toxic person to be around. So she doesn't have my number (and everyone knows not to give it to her or else I will have their head!), or my address, I now live like 3000kms away from her. I have other family members who stay in contact with her, and they complain about her constantly, about all the horrible things she does to them - and I just say to them "well, you don't have to talk to her". People say you can choose your friends, but you cant choose your family. I think that's bullsh*t - I think that if someone is toxic to be around, you can choose to separate yourself from them, even if they are family.

*hugs* I hope you're feeling better. I think this week you and I should skip weighing - we'll use a once off 'no weigh day' card :), as long as we promise to continue to post everything in these pages - what we're eating, how we're feeling, our challenges, our goals and so on. Power in numbers baby!

I'm taking back my life.
yellowroses

Postby FatFukShrinking » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:09 pm

So yesterday... i had

2 pieces wholemeal bread, sprouts, tomato, salt, pepper, low fat mayo, avocado
1 multivitamin
15 almonds
3 small chat potatoes, salt, 1 can 95g greenseas tomato 98% fat free tuna
1 muesli bar
1 carrot, celery
1 95g can safcol lemon pepper tuna
chunk of cheddar cheese
bit of peanut butter toast (couple of bites)

Not very happy with that but i am happy i avoided eating fries. Late last night i had the biggest craving for chips and i nearly got them out of the freezer 10 times lol.

Slowly easing myself back into healthier eating...

YR you are doing well during such a busy stressful time in your life! I do the same with food waste. I can't stand throwing something out. Plenty of times i have been on a diet and someone will come over with food, like a burger and chips for me.... i could never just say no and throw it away lol.

I hate vegetables going off too! Sometimes i buy too many and i get stressed out wanting to eat them all in time lol. I just had a bunch of shallots go off and it really annoyed me!

Most people waste like $1000 or more on throwing out food every year....

I've heard that about thin people too, and i've also seen it. My family is mostly thin and we could all be eating something.... i will eat everything on the plate. Thin person will eat until they are satisfied and not stuffed. They just go throw the rest in the bin without another thought. Or i've seen them drinking a can of coke... i say to myself i don't want to waste it, carry it around every where until i finish it. Thin person drinks what they want and throws the rest out lol. I've been eating KFC with a thin person, they eat half their chips and leave 1/4 of their burger because they are full lol... i could never do that!

I agree with you about toxic people, good to hear you successfully got your toxic influence out of your life. Sometimes a bit of distance can help put things into perspective too. My mum and i are great friends but because we spend so much time together, it gets a bit too much at times. We both end up needing a little space before we kill each other lol.

We should allow ourselves 3 "no weigh in day" cards for the rest of the year. That means we have 2 left. We better use them wisely lol. I'm still going to weigh myself tomorrow but i don't want to move my ticker backwards :(

Hope your day is going well! I will put down everything i ate today either tonight or tomorrow morning.

HUGS!!

PS: Yummm slice! I couldn't handle throwing it out. I'd put it in the freezer in ziplock bags.

FatFukShrinking

Postby yellowroses » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Hey FFS,

I know what you mean about getting annoyed with food going off and thrown out. I swear we throw out more than $1000 worth of food every year! I've gotten into the habit of only buying non-perishable foods/slow perishing foods (like things that will last 1 - 2 weeks before going off) at my weekly grocery shop, and buying fresh foods (meat and some types of veg) every day, which is generally used for dinner. Otherwise, I buy things like some apples and some pumpkin that end up going off in a couple of weeks time because I never actually used them, whereas if I plan a meal in the morning/day before, I will go to the supermarket to get the items for it and then that way I think we waste less.

My day was terrible eating wise... I'm hoping that I'm done now though!

8 slices of wholemeal toast, with light butter
1 avocado
2 soups, 1 lentil, 1 corn
10 small slices of caramel slice (probably like 3 to 4 medium/large slices total)
3 small slices of caramel slice
2 cups of tea
1 large steak
3 medium potatoes with light sour cream
salad with mustard and vinegar

I guess it wasn't that bad... except for the slices and the excess of bread. I had soup for breakfast and lunch, hence all the bread. I should have cut back to 2... DH has promised he will try to get rid of the rest of the slices in the next couple of days, taking it to work lol. Its coming up to that time of the month, and I'm just craving sweets... its so frustrating!

I've watched thin people put food on their plates, and they stay inside the 'lip' of the plate, and they don't pile their plate high like I do.... I wonder if there's something from childhood that has instilled these differences in overweight people and thin people? Like did thin people's parents not tell them "make sure you eat everything on your plate, otherwise you don't get dessert" or "think of all the starving children in Ethiopia". I don't seem to remember much about the way my parents ate, but my mum doesn't really eat more than she needs, but my family tends to enjoy buffets and fried foods, and my mum is a chef and my dad is a baker - I practically grew up in restaurants and bakeries! I never learned about 'healthy eating' or to listen to my body, and I always naturally hated exercise.

Anyway, I have to go hunny, I hope all is well on your end!

I'm taking back my life.
yellowroses

Postby FatFukShrinking » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:54 am

Hi YR

Isn't bread annoying. I think it's one of the main contributors to me being so big. Well today was a crappy one. I ate...

2 pieces wholemeal bread, half an avocado, tomato, sprouts, salt, pepper, low fat mayo
15 almonds
1 carrot
4 chat potatoes that weighed 260grams all up, 1 can of 95g tuna, salt
1 chocolate muesli bar
1 bowl of cornflakes and milk
Pumpkin and lentil soup
Cheese.. i kept cutting off pieces of the block. It's a rich cheddar kind and so yum :(
1 piece of white bread and lots of peanut butter

I tried to be good but my day got progressively worse, and i'm still eating cheese

Might go make myself some type of hot food like chips. I can't get them out of my head and it's driving me crazy. It's as if i am going out of my way to fail.

I will be back tomorrow hopefully a litle more positive. :D

FatFukShrinking

Postby yellowroses » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:32 pm

Hey FFS, how did your weigh in go?

I faced the scales this morning - and reality hit :( I weighed in at 125.8kg, which is a massive gain of I don't know how much :( I feel pretty horrible about myself right now!

Today my goals are to just focus on eating properly, put food in my body that will make me feel good. I have plenty of low-calorie hot chocolate for when I want something sweet, and there's not all that much junk left in the house because my FIL has gone on a health craze (except the food he's eating is bland and boring, but there's no more chips and chocolate all through the house!).

I've got soo much to do today, I need to go exchange some currencies for cash and get travel cards from both of my banks, plus I need to call various embassies to double check if I need a Visa, then I need to get the numbers of Australian embassies in the countries I'm visiting, then copy all my travel documents a few times so that I've got spares and my family over here has spares just in case. I can't believe I'm going to Europe in 11 days! The furtherest I've ever flown is from Brisbane to Melbourne and back! I've never been out of the country... Anyway, after I do all that, I need to study for exams again. I've still got soooooo much to do, it makes me sick to think about it :cry:

I hope you're feeling better this morning after some sleep hunny!

Lisa.

I'm taking back my life.
yellowroses

Postby yellowroses » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:17 am

Hi FFS,

I think I had a slightly better day today eatingwise. I woke up (really) late, so I didn't have 'breakfast', but this was my day:

1 falafel kebab (pita bread style, not turkish bread), with tabbouleh, hommus and garlic sauce
2 blueberry and white chocolate scones from bakers delight
2 medium slices of caramel slice
3 medium slices of jelly slice
1/4 of a quiche
steamed vegies, including some potato with 97% ff dijonnaise

The slices are definitely gone now. DH packed up the last of them to take to work again tomorrow lol. I bet his workmates are going to either love him or hate him :p Other than the slices, I don't think the day was terrrribbbllleee... It wasn't as bad as yesterday, and lets face it, I can only improve from here!

How is everything with you hun?

Lisa.

I'm taking back my life.
yellowroses

Postby FatFukShrinking » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:27 pm

Oh bad news today i ate Profiteroles.. cream filled pastry drowning in chocolate sauce. It weighed 90grams and it was 17.7grams of fat! ... then i had a little Portuguese tart, and this morning i had a pita pizza. I get so annoyed with myself when i eat small things with high fat. It is such a waste, i could have had a huge filling meal for half that amount of fat.

Even though i enjoyed eating it, i was having thoughts about making myself vomit it up. Only because i don't think it was worth it to eat. I'm not going to do that though, i don't want to end up with even more health problems.

Soup for dinner me thinks. Maybe it will help balance out my crap day, and i'll have lots of water. I might even try and go for a 10 min walk. See how i go. I'm drinking a fruit and veg juice right now, should keep me full for a while.

When there is junk food around i feel like i want to eat it all to get it out of the way, as crazy as that sounds! Yay for the slice being gone YR lol. We will get there in the end if we keep at it. :D

FatFukShrinking

Postby yellowroses » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:08 pm

I agree - WE WILL GET THERE!

Don't stress too much about what you've eaten. Its all a learning curve right? Oh, and pleeeaaaaaasssseee don't make yourself throw up your food - I've been there, done that, and got the bad health to prove it! Even now, years later, it's difficult to break the self-destructive cycle.

I spoke to a friend of mine last night, who has been successful in his weight loss and fitness goals. He suggested that I set myself a schedule, and mini goals in the first few weeks. Like, make a goal to start eating 6 small meals a day - they might be foods that aren't that great for me, but if I get into the habit of doing that, then that's good. Then I should make a small goal to eat 1 healthy meal a day and so on. He said he also allowed himself 2 - 3 chances a week to deviate from 'the plan', meaning that he could go out and eat a meal that isn't necessarily healthy, or a proper portion. He also allows himself a couple of alcoholic drinks a week. Although, he's fairly far advanced!

I am embarking on reading Dr Phil's book 'Self Matters', which I think should be interesting. I really want to get to the root of my eating problems, why I self-sabotage and so on. I realised the other day that I have GAINED 10kg in the last few months, and that makes me seriously disappointed in myself. I can't believe I got 1/5th of the way to my goal! Oh well... we shall turn that around, won't we FFS??!?!?! YES WE CAN!!! :D

Hey, are you situated in Melbourne? It's been absolutely freeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzinnnnggg here today, didn't get above 12.9degrees here, and it was raining and windy all day. Sooo sucky :( I've also been studying all day, and am just about get get back into it, despite my eyelids nearly crusting over my eyes in an attempt to stay closed! Lol :p

Today was a kinda sucky day eatingwise here too, it was:

blueberry and white choc scone (from Bakers Delight again)
4 chicken rissoles
4 medium potatoes
light sour cream
salad
some cheese
4 cups of tea with skim milk and fake sugar
banana
big bowl of bulla vanilla ice cream with choc ice-magic

:(

Oh well... lets do better tomorrow! To me, today was better than yesterday and a heck of a lot better than Monday!!! Tomorrow night we're having curried chicken with rice noodles and vegies for dinner becoz we're having guests come over. I will attempt to be eating healthy all day before that meal, and I'm going to put the ice-cream back into the outside freezer so that its not there when I want to eat it!

Anyway hun, I hope everything is going ok, and you're feeling better. Chat tomorrow!

Lisa.

I'm taking back my life.
yellowroses

Postby FatFukShrinking » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:57 pm

YR

I've done the vomit thing before too, although i never really recognised it as a problem because i was so fat. It happened because i felt bad to eat and couldn't maintain virtually starving myself. I was trying to make up for all my bad eating. Then i started to cheat all the time because i could just throw it up and not gain.

The things we do to ourselves hey? It's insane!

I ate lots more since my last msg. Had another pita pizza, soup, glass of coke and i cant remember what else.

I'm getting a cold, sad to say that i enjoy being sick in a weird way, because i usually lose weight when i am sick. What your friend said is good advice. I was going ok and eating 6 meals a day, but then i lost the plot! Now i have to work myself back into it. The main thing is for us not to give up.

It annoys me sooo much that i've been here a million times before, why do i have to regain so easy?!

We will do it this time YR!! No surrender! lol

I'm not in Melbs, but yeah it's absolutely freezing... which contributes to wanting to eat warm comfort foods.

Good luck with all your study. Chat soon
HUGS!

FatFukShrinking

Postby yellowroses » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:30 am

Morning FFS,

I know what you mean about regaining so easy :( Seriously, it suuuuuccckkkssss....

What do you put on the pita pizza's? They don't sound too bad - better than a packet pizza, or one ordered from the shop!

Is there any possibility of you removing all the junk from your house? I can't remember if you said you lived with your mum or not. I live with my hubby and his parents, and to help me make better choices we have our own 'pantry' of food (separate from the household food), and 'section' in the fridge, so I know that when I'm hungry, I open up our pantry to see what's inside, or I have a look at the bottom of the fridge (which is our section). It can be difficult not to see the meats and cheeses and chips and chocolate sometimes, especially when I'm craving, but when my resolve is definite, usually I can resist and make a better choice. However when my guard is down, or I'm emotional... guess where the first places I go are? Definitely NOT my stashes of good food :( If you can't get rid of all the junk because you live with someone else, maybe try talking to them, and asking them to help you out by keeping their junk food in their room or out of sight? At least then you can't be tempted through seeing the food alone.

Winter comfort food can be healthy! Check out calorieking.com.au for some recipes hun, there's loads on there! You can make yummy stews, soups, pasta's, casseroles, roasts... all nice and healthy! Get a crock pot! They're like $40 or something from K-Mart, and can really help out in the convenience department. Maybe that's all you need hunny, to experiment with recipes, cooking healthy delicious food, to give you a bit of a kick up the bum? I love eating porridge in winter, so I use Carman's oats, fresh apple, a cup of skim milk, sweet-n-low, and cinnamon, and voila! I have a tasty, warm comfort food... and for a low low calorie price :D Actually, I'm eating it right now, with my feet over the heating vent... I'm SO COLD!

WE CAN DO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa.

I'm taking back my life.
yellowroses

Postby yellowroses » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:40 am

Morning FFS! Where are you? I hope everything is ok! Don't forget about me here!!

Just popping in quick to say what I ate yesterday:
50g Carman's oats with cup of skim milk and an apple
2 chicken rissoles
1 potato
1/4 of a quiche
1/2 a turkey sandwich (which had some avo, eggplant, lettuce, tomato, onion, turkey, mayo and mustard on it)
salad which had avo and oil in it
small bowl of chicken pasta

Wow, I didn't realise I ate so much yesterday! I woke up at 5.30am yesterday morning, maybe that's why I didn't notice it all, coz it was spread out over a verrrryyy long day. I have another long day ahead of me. Studying is getting to me so much! I woke up at 3.30 this morning thinking about my exam notes for law! How sad is that!! And then I was laying there, stressing about them so much, I got up to study... Seriously sad! Anyway, I'm off to study now!

Lisa.

I'm taking back my life.
yellowroses

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges