It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:16 am

Free Newsletter

20kg in 10 Weeks

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 20kg in 10 Weeks

Postby Silver Princess » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Thanks EWQ!

I'm really happy for the weightloss...although I exercised more I wasn't as diligent with my diet as the previous week. I'm back on track this week and I'm hoping for bigger numbers. It's great to have a forum where you can share your weightloss journey - both good and bad and know that you're not the only one out there with weightloss issues.
Silver Princess

Postby Tan37 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:45 pm

The biggest loser contestants actually didn't weigh in weekly they weighed in every 3 weeks and they actually never said on the show that it was weekly weigh ins, they talked in riddles. Cosy the guy a few years back from Adelaide let it all out the bag on his radio program even though they are not supposed to, they also were in a controlled environment with Personal Trainers at beck and call, didn't have to work exercising around working and outside influences and lifestyles etc so of course they could lose those types of figures and when you actually make those figures weekly they were not that good really.
Tan37

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:02 pm

Very true, Tan. And I can't talk for the Australian Biggest Loser, but an article in the New York Times reported on the unhealthy weight loss practices followed by contestants on the US show (article link). I really wouldn't hold that TV show up as an exemplar of healthy weight loss.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Tan37 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:58 pm

Agreed...about the only good thing that show does is motivate people to want to lose weight by seeing the outstanding results, just not the right way about doing it.

The longer it goes for the more people will find out the facts of it and lose faith totally in the weight loss journey which will be the unfortunate side effect from it.
Tan37

Postby Silver Princess » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:59 pm

Hi everyone....

It's been a long 3 weeks away from the forum but I'm back now..... I've been really sick and taking medication which has affected my diet and exercise. But I'm back on track and during those three weeks I managed to lose 1.1kg. Anyway I'm not giving up my challenge. I'll continue it as long as it takes. I hope to get your support because that's what brought me back here. Like I said earlier I'm not giving up this time...I really want to see my goal through....

I hope you all are succeeding in your goals too!
Silver Princess

Postby Carley » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:57 pm

You are doing fantastic! Remember any weight loss is better then nothing. Keep up the fantastic work :)
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby Gordz » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:08 am

Gday Silver Princess. Yeah 2kg a week was a wacky figure. Pretty sure I had the same in mind, also influenced by the biggest loser. Basic thing to keep in mind though that any loss is a good loss and consistency is the key. Tonight is my first time back to this forum in MONTHS. The men and mostly women here though are tops though! Just dont set unrealistic goals for yourself and then you can do yourself proud each week =) Best of luck!
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Silver Princess » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:29 pm

Carley wrote:You are doing fantastic! Remember any weight loss is better then nothing. Keep up the fantastic work :)

Thanks a lot Carley....
Silver Princess

Postby Silver Princess » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:32 pm

Gordz wrote:Gday Silver Princess. Yeah 2kg a week was a wacky figure. Pretty sure I had the same in mind, also influenced by the biggest loser. Basic thing to keep in mind though that any loss is a good loss and consistency is the key. Tonight is my first time back to this forum in MONTHS. The men and mostly women here though are tops though! Just dont set unrealistic goals for yourself and then you can do yourself proud each week =) Best of luck!

I know I can lose this much weight if I keep focused but unfortunately I sometimes lose track of my goal and start eating things I shouldn't. I'm an emotional eater and find it hard to say no sometimes.
Silver Princess

Previous

Return to Challenges