It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:48 pm

Free Newsletter

Pam's Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Pam's Challenge

Postby Maraver » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:07 am

Well girls I am back with a vengance just got on the scales :cry: I have put on 7 kilos since I last stood on them.
I am not really gong to follow a spacific diet I am going to eat 25% less of what I normally eat, plus try the 30 minutes a day exercise
Its going to be day by day challenge but I desperatly want to go to the UK next September to see my Dad and I nedd to lose 30 kilos or I am not going, plus this old girls self esteem is rock bottom, I have so many lovely clothes I used to wear and at the moment nothing is fitting me.
I do not want to be like this anymore.
Thanks for listening girls
Pam
Maraver

Postby Ally » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:35 am

Sounds like a plan Maraver!! You won't know yourself by the time you step on that plane!!! Keep us updated on your progress!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:08 am

Best of luck Pam, keep your focus and you will do it! :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Maraver » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:08 am

Thanks for looking Ally, I hope I won't know myself and I am hoping to shock a lot of people too plus lower my blood pressure
Pam
Maraver

Postby Ally » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:16 am

That is great Pam, I have read a lot of stories in the Slimming magazine about people who have lost weight and they have lowered their blood pressure to the point where they no longer need their medication!! If you don't mind me asking Pam, how much do you have to lose? I hope I haven't overstepped the boundary there!

I am glad that you have come back and I hope we can encourage and help you to reach your goals!!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:32 am

hey pam
you need to get yourself a funky motivational ticker!!! thats wonderful that you have set some ground rules in place. best of luck!
kate_turner2000

Postby Maraver » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:34 am

Ally I weigh 107 kilos I am 53 now so I don't want to get to a real low weight I think I would be happy just wearing size 14 clothes I am also a shortie 5ft 2in, I work full time in an office so I am sat on my bum a lot, also my working hours are odd on a Monday I start at 5am the rest of the week about 8.30 ish, but the 5am start affects me for a few days
Pam
Maraver

Postby Ally » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:38 am

Cool Pam another shortie-bum like me!!!! LOL.
You will get there mate and you get down to what you feel comfortable with!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dolly » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:21 am

It's great when you have a goal date to push you along like your visit to the UK.
If it wasn't for my daughters wedding in January I don't think I'd be working quite so hard to lose this blubber.
Dolly

Postby Mandie » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:02 pm

Well done on your decision Pam!

It's funny.. I'm only 22 and I had borderline high blood pressure... when I was nearly 140kg.. Now, I'm still overweight but my blood pressure is normal! I've never been on any medication for it, but I do have a family history so I was really conscious of it, and the doctor was trying to encourage me to take some tablets..

Now she's just impressed that it's normal!
Mandie

Postby fiona » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:58 pm

Pam
Its great to see another motivated 'loser'!! Welcome aboard.
I'm only 160cm which is what 5ft 3 or 4? and losing my extra kilos has made a huge :lol: difference in my wardrobe. i still don't think 3/4 pants are doing much for me but skirts are hanging sooooo much better!
Lucky you going overseas. how long will you stay for? My rels are all in Scotland, its been 17 years since i've seen them. When i retire and have lots of money, i'll zoom over and see them. Only 19 years to go :lol: :lol:
Can you get out a walk at morning tea and lunch time when at work? I do, its great. After work is also good. Check out everyones gardens and see a new bit of your area at the same time.
Good Luck
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNxsd9O/]
[/url]
fiona

Postby Maraver » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:53 am

Thanks for all your messages girls, I have had a terrible week, had my grandaughter over for the weekend and think I may have lifted her incorrectly, and hurt my back,and then came down with a raging sore throat and lost my voice its still croaky now,and I am coughing up loads of gunk but its better out that in, (Like you needed to know that)I have carried on working all week and the rest of the time spent in bed, but still feel really flat today and weak, have eaten next to nothing and put on two kilos, so I am well impressed, I need to pick uo by tomorrow as we are going on a boat trip on the Coorong, if anyof you watched Storm Boy this is where that was made
Pam
Maraver

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:15 am

hi pam

i have seen storm boy, i hope you have a nice day! and get 100% better soon k? theres nothing worse than being crook.
kate_turner2000

Postby Fairie » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:46 pm

Hi Pam,

At least you had the courage to step on the scales I have yet to do that. :oops: and I know what you mean about the self esteem it is so hard.

I am sure you will get to your goal, we are all here to help you stay focused.

Hope your back is ok and that feel better to enjoy your trip up the Coorong tomorrow.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby alex_bilson » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:40 pm

hi pam! where are you at?! i read all your messages and interested to see how you're going :)

alex.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXCD80z/]
[/url]
alex_bilson

Return to Challenges