It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:48 pm

Free Newsletter

12 week challenge and intro to me :)

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

12 week challenge and intro to me :)

Postby Latisha » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:46 pm

Hi everybody,
Completely new to this forum, so my first post. I come to the realisation that I need some support.

I seem to be on a contiuous weight loss journey, even when I loose the weigh, I consider myself to still be on it, so I think its time my mind gets healthier as well as my body.

Unfortunately, I found myself back in the same position I was. It really saddens me that I do it to myself, push my body to such extremes constantly, without ever really thanking it.

Anyway I have, (in my world of things) been very brave tonight. I have taken before pictures! Measurements and weight. I am disgusted in myself. 67.5kg is what I weighed in at. I cannot believe it. I really can't. It was an absolute shock, as soon as those numbers settled tonight on the scales, I jumped off in disbelief. I knew it wasn't going to be good.

Only 4 weeks ago I was 59.9kg!!! You understand the slap in the face.

I have come to realise that I do have an eating disorder. First time i've ever admitted it to anyone, don't think I'll be saying it out loud, typing it is bad enough.

Anyway, I execise alot as it is. So this will inevitably only help.

Join in with me on my 12 week challenge. I want to change old habits and finally stick to them. Would love a little support! :)
05/07/2010 - 67.5kg
12/07/2010 - 62.6kg

First goal 60kg
Second goal 57.5kg
Third goal 56kg
Final goal 55kg
Latisha

Re: 12 week challenge and intro to me :)

Postby Gutsy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:37 am

Hi Latisha & welcome I would love to join you in your challenge to change old habits and stick to them. My bad habits to change at the moment is not enough exercise and snacking way to much, especially sweet stuff. Winter is getting the better of me right now, I struggle to exercise and want to eat everything I see.

I have been yo-yo-ing between 71 and 65 kilos for the past 3 years and this must stop now. I must get to my target weight and stay there. I will be delighted to reach 64 kg. My current weight is 70.5 kg.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcWjzFc/]
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby Latisha » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:06 am

Hey Gutsy!

Well this is fab, we've both got pretty similar amounts to loose it seems. We can support each other on the way :)

So far my challenge is starting well. I officially started in on the 1st of July (just coincidence it started on the first of the month I didn't even realise the date!) although I didn't weigh in on the first day, a little scared I think, actually I know! I'm still going to stick to Mondays being my official weigh in day.

What exercise do you do currently? Are you uninterested in it or do you lead a hecktic lifestyle?

Heres to an excellent first week! :)
05/07/2010 - 67.5kg
12/07/2010 - 62.6kg

First goal 60kg
Second goal 57.5kg
Third goal 56kg
Final goal 55kg
Latisha

Postby court » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:46 am

Hi Latisha :)
I am posting so i can keep track of your progress too! Isn't it great to get it out in the open - I must admit I have an dieting problem - i.e. it is pretty much all i think about! I was 66kgs and I was happy there and now I am 71ish. I have yo yo'd alot in the last few years from 92 down to 66kgs! :shock:
Last night I binged (badly for me!) and today I am feeling just dreadful so I am back on the bandwagon and taking it one day at a time! I am doing a spin and pump class at the gym tonight and sticking 100% to 1500 calories today... :D
court

Postby Latisha » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:51 pm

Good luck Court. Coming on this forum has really opened my eyes just to how many people have similar eating habits. Good luck with your journey too, keep me posted on here on your progress. We're all on this band wagon together playing our own little weight loss/ fitness tune!
05/07/2010 - 67.5kg
12/07/2010 - 62.6kg

First goal 60kg
Second goal 57.5kg
Third goal 56kg
Final goal 55kg
Latisha

Postby Latisha » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:39 pm

Just a little update on how my week is going. Weigh in day in 2 more sleeps so I am very interested to see how it goes. This week has gone really well, I fell very very positive. For me, when I eat how I should, my mind is so much clearer. When I eat the bad stuff, it just takes over my whole mind, its crazy, someone may offer me a bar of chocolate, I would refuse, but then the idea of eating it is in my head and later in the day I would go out and buy a sh*te load of it. Why didn't I just eat the one bar that was offered, or, avoid the bad stuff altogether, hmmm, this is one question I want to answer.

Anyway, this week, like I said, has gone very well so far, exercised everyday, day off today though. I've been working night shift too so I'm pleased I've kept up a really good eating plan. This weekend may be a little harder, trying to adjust to normal time again as I'm on afternoon shift on monday.

I'll update on weight loss in a few days. :)
05/07/2010 - 67.5kg
12/07/2010 - 62.6kg

First goal 60kg
Second goal 57.5kg
Third goal 56kg
Final goal 55kg
Latisha

Postby Gutsy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:51 pm

My weigh in days are Wednesday and I was quite pleased to see a drop of 500g on Wednesday morning. Not a lot I know, but at least it is the first downwards motion in a long time.

I still have not exercised :oops: . It is not that I do not like to exercise, once I do it, I love it. It is just as if I have lost all willpower to start exercising again :?: When I do exercise, I enjoy the occasional 10 kilo race and going to gym, especially weights.

I still ride my horse quite often, but I do not count riding as exercise since I do not compete anymore, so I take it very easy.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcWjzFc/]
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby Latisha » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:27 am

Well done Gutsy! As they say a loss is a loss! If you were you weigh out 500g of fat you would be saying its only a small amount, well done again.

Have you tried watching exercise videos on you tube for ideas or just plain inspiration? I often do that and find it really helps to give me a little boost and enthusiasm, which can plateo very easilsy/ quickly if I don't stay positive.

Good luck for next wednesday!
05/07/2010 - 67.5kg
12/07/2010 - 62.6kg

First goal 60kg
Second goal 57.5kg
Third goal 56kg
Final goal 55kg
Latisha

Postby Silver Princess » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:50 pm

Hi Latisha welcome to the forum!

I know from experience how easy it is to gain weight quickly and how hard it is to keep it off. I try to remind myself when reaching for that "food" I know I shouldn't eat how long it took me to lose just a few kilos - tireless exercise and food restrictions for what? An enjoyable minute that will make me feel bad later? But sometimes I think what the heck, then I eat it but I don't really enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Then I think tomorrow is another day....
Silver Princess

Postby Latisha » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:12 pm

Silver princess, what you say completely hits home for me. I just need to keep that in mind "PUT THE FOOD DOWN AND STEP AWAY" sounds so easy. Which must mean it is. All mind over matter. I'm the one telling my body what to do I should onyl pick up that food when my body is telling me it NEEDS it. As mentioned in another post (I think its on skinny's journey) food for fuel.

Weigh in day tomorrow. I know the number will have most definately gone down. I just hope I see the results that I want. Fingers crossed!

Here is to a fab day today. Going to go the gym now and how a good work out. :) Update soon !! :D
05/07/2010 - 67.5kg
12/07/2010 - 62.6kg

First goal 60kg
Second goal 57.5kg
Third goal 56kg
Final goal 55kg
Latisha

Postby Latisha » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:15 am

Well...... I couldn't slep, I got up super early for weigh in day aaaaaannnndd...... it was a super loss. Massive acutually I weghed in at

62.6kg!!!

Very very pleased, I've been eating really well and exercising pretty hard. It just shows it pays off.

Can't wait for this week. I know it won't be anywhere near as much as that is a massive loss, heres hoping for a good result still.

Yours lighter :lol:

Latisha
05/07/2010 - 67.5kg
12/07/2010 - 62.6kg

First goal 60kg
Second goal 57.5kg
Third goal 56kg
Final goal 55kg
Latisha

Postby Latisha » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:09 pm

So this week is till going well, think I'm still riding on the high of a good result last week. I know its going to be no-where near the same next weigh in but I'm aiming for a good as it gets.

I took some more pictures today (maybe for my eyes only, i'll see) there is a definate difference, no massive, but I can see that I seemed to have lost it aroundthe thigh area. Which I definately need! Too much inside thigh meat going on, lol!

Hope everyone else's journey is going well too, lets stick together and we'll get the job done! :wink:
05/07/2010 - 67.5kg
12/07/2010 - 62.6kg

First goal 60kg
Second goal 57.5kg
Third goal 56kg
Final goal 55kg
Latisha

Postby court » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:10 pm

wow nearly 5kgs that is an aweseom effort!! Congrats! :D :D
court

Postby Silver Princess » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:27 pm

5kg well done! You go girl! Now just keep going and you'll be there in no time....
Silver Princess

Postby FiStar » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:14 pm

:? Hello All, I am FiStar and am completely new to this site. I have decided enough is enough, it's time to get back into my old clothes. I would love to join in your challange. Current weight...... 79kg :cry: Goal is 63kg. Any tips on how to best use this site to start me off?
FiStar

Next

Return to Challenges