It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:30 pm

Free Newsletter

GI and Ali's 12 week challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

GI and Ali's 12 week challenge

Postby ali76 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:21 pm

Look out guys and girls - GI and Ali are back to rock a 12 week challenge!!

I'll let GI tell you about her challenge, but this is mine:

It’s a national challenge with a female and male winner from each state who then all compete against each other. Every week we have an info seminar and every week, on top of your ‘regular’ training, you must have at least one PT session. Check out the hall of fame pics.. http://www.12weekchallenge.net.au/Home/

I’m pretty nervous but I’m committed now!

I’ve set some goals with my trainer but I have to wait until tomorrow after all the tests (I have to have photos taken, my weight, bloody pressure and measurements taken) to set others? I want to lose 10 kilos (not sure if that will happen in 12 weeks but that’s my ‘goal’) but I also have to have goals relating to the fat pinch test, blood pressure (I actually have low blood pressure) fitness, etc.

Since we're both needing help and motivation, GI and I are going to share the journey!! To keep ourselves accountable, we're going to blog in here.

I'm going to keep a food and exercise diary - which I'm sure will get boring to read, but it's something I need to do.

Over to you my gorgeous partner in crime!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Re: GI and Ali's 12 week challenge

Postby GoddessInside » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:44 pm

Struggletown GI is back and reporting in for duty :lol:

Well, my lowlight ( not highlight ) is that I've hit back over 200kgs :( I did however get myself back to the gym last week and did a 1km walk on the treadmill in 23 minutes. Which Im not too ashamed of, considering my poor form. I have decided to go back to WW tomorrow - Does this surprise you Ali ... I didnt even tell you !! I want to do this the "hard" way and teach myself how I should eat and not substitute my meals.

Just over a week ago, I received a big wake up call. My heart is not coping with my size. I have developed a form of arrhythmia and to be honest, it is scaring me. I have a history of heart disease in my family, I do NOT want to become a statistic, I WANT to live a long fulfilled and happy life, I WANT to bear children and be the mother I know I can be. I no longer want to be the FAT girl that misses out on life, because I cant fit in chairs or cant keep up with my friends.

I know it's going to be hard, I know Im going to break down, I know I have an emotional and psychological barrier to break through, but I have to do this. This is no longer a want, this is a NEED for my health.

I will be weighing in tomorrow, however I had my measurements taken today. So here we go:

Hips: 196cm
Thigh Circumference: 114cm
Waist: 158cm
My Ab Rolls: 171cm
Underbust: 149cm
Arm Circumference: 56cm

I know I have said that this time its "REALLY" going to happen over and over again. I've had so much love, support and amazing guidance/support from here and all I ask is the patience to help me along.

I will set my goal to lose 12kgs in 12 week challenge. I just want to be away from the 200's. My exercise is to walk 30 minutes on the treadmill every day at the gym and try to extend my walks by even 100m every day. I will report in every morning and during the day as I go :) Anything lost, will be part of my life gained :)

Ali, my gorgeous girl, we are so gonna rock this !
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby ali76 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:59 pm

Damn right we will!!

Hun, you WILL NOT become a statistic, you WILL live a long fulfilled and happy life, you WILL have children and you WILL NOT miss out on life.

Hang on tight...this is going to be a long and bumpy ride!!

xxx

PS - just home from the gym after doing my PFP, even if the challenge doesn't start until tomorrow - my attitude changes TODAY.
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby ali76 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:01 pm

Oh - and good work on the WW! My trainer told me that 70% of weight loss is diet....all the exercise only allows for the other 30%...

Eeeekkk!!!

I'm not saying good luck cos luck has NOTHING to do with it....it's just plain hard work.
ali76

Postby matchbox » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:01 pm

good on you gorgeous girls, kick some butt!! I'll be checking in on you both :x :wink:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby ali76 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:26 am

Thanks Lexi! :P

OK, so I'm up, dressed, had my breakfast and ready for my pics, weigh in and tests....and just quietly...I'm [email protected] myself :?

I'll be back this afternoon with my results.....
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby GoddessInside » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:39 am

Dont be scared chook ! I bet you even surprised yourself amidst all that fear !

Went to WW and weighed in at 206.3kg .... CRAP .... it was a very emotional meeting for me. Came home and have started right, 3 weet bix, a large banana and 1 cup light white milk ... Have my 1L of water to sip on during the day and will try and get to the gym when Logan gets to bed ( Im waiting for him to get home so we can start our weekend :) ).

I have an inckling about this time :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby ali76 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:59 pm

It's over....thank goodness!!

It was probably worse than I thought it would be but that's ok, just more to achieve in the next 12 weeks. They didn't give me my official stats - I might get them on Tuesday during the semiar..??

I went to the supermarket after the gym and have stocked up on fruit and veg so I'm ready!

I'm so proud of you going to WW hun!

Good start to the day too :mrgreen: Just make sure you eat enough and don't let yourself get hungry! Have you got lots of good healthy snacks?

Food diary to come....stay tuned!!

xxx
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby ali76 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:00 pm

OK - here's my food diary today:

Breakfast -
1 piece of multigrain toast (no butter)
poached egg
cup of tea

snack - banana

Lunch
2 pieces of multigrain toast
low fat cheese
Ham
tomato

snack - apple

dinner -
we're going to a friends house tonight, and to be honest, I was thinking about bailing because I didn't know what we'd be eating - but I decided not to be stupid!! Although this is a 12 week challenge, it's supposed to be the start of a change of lifestyle and that will mean eating out. Apparently we'll be having a roast for dinner and then a crumble for desert. So, I guess my aim is to fill up on veggies (not potatoes though!) and have a very small serve of crumble.

My trainer said not to cut everything out...to eat sensibly but not to deny myself otherwise I won't be able to sustain it. I bought a packet of milk chocolate freddos with the intent to have one a day but since we're having crumble for desert, no choccie for me today!!

I'm feeling quite sore today. I did my PFP* again this morning and the weights seemed soooo much heavier after doing it last night!!

PFP = personal fitness prgram
warm up - 5 minutes on the bike - 80 rpm level 4
interval training (bike) - 30 second sprint level 8, 80 rpm level 4, 30 second spint level 8, etc for 10 minutes. It sounds easy but it's soooo hard!!
Weights - 3 sets of 10 reps each - 3 different leg exercises, arms and chest.
Abs - 3 sets of 10 reps sit ups, 3 sets of 10 reps heel touches (ouch for those too!).
Cool down - 3 or 4 different stretches held for 30 seconds
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby ali76 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:56 pm

OK - so I wasn't great last night, but probably better than I usually would have been.

I had a little bit of cheese (with crackers) when i got there, then had a little bit of roast beef and lamb, brocolini, heaps of beans but my down fall was potatoes and bread :(

I didn't have any wine though, just water and diet coke.

I did have desert (and it was amazing....apple and pear crumble with cream). I easily could have had more but I didn't.

So far today:
Breakfast - 2 crumpet squares with low fat marg and vegemite and a cup of tea

Gym - PFP (ouch today!)

Snack - banana and freddo

Lunch - not sure yet.

I've also made the most amazing pasta sauce for lunch tomorrow and Tuesday (I go straight from work to netball so have a big lunch and then a snack after the game rather than 'tea'). Its got mushrooms, capsicum, cauliflower, brocolli, beans, corn, carrots, a can of whole tomatoes and a jar of tomato pasta sauce with galic and onions.....omg....yum!!

Anyway, I'll report in on lunch and tea a bit later.

How are you going GI??

xxx
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby ali76 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:37 pm

Chocolate....!!!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby Czarina » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:54 pm

You will do it, girlies!

I'll be watching you...hehe :wink:
Czarina

Postby ali76 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:47 pm

I'm so frustrated - I wrote a big long update and the internet died...augh...

Anyway, the gist of my post is that I'm working my butt off at the gym (I've done my PFP every day with the exception of Tuesday when I had netball) and I have a PT session tonight with my trainer (which I'm strangely looking forward to ) but I just can't get my eating right.

Why is it so hard to eat the things we should and not eat the things we shouldn't....it's really common sense?!

AUGH!!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby ali76 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:45 pm

I weighed in today....I lost 0.8 which obviously I'm happy with, but I'm also kicking myself!! I've been working so hard at the gym, if my diet had been better I would have lost so much more.

I think this is the wake up I need...I know what I need to do regarding my food - after all, it's not rocket science!

Anyway, to back track - PT on Thursday night was HARD!! I was sweating buckets. My PT did tell me off for being at the gym every night. She told me that I really need to have rest days to let my body recover and that if I keep going how I am, I'll end up burning myself out. SO - I had a rest day yesterday but was back into it today.

My exercise for this week:

Sunday - PFP
Monday - Netball
Tuesday - PFP
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - PT
Friday - PFP
Saturday - not sure...

I've started today quite well food wise so I need to keep it up. Daryl is away so I think I'm eating out of boredom...

Since I have the house to myself, I'm having a little afternoon nap! night night!! xxx
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby ali76 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:46 pm

Where are you GI?!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Next

Return to Challenges