It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Free Newsletter

Want to start a new challenge!!

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Want to start a new challenge!!

Postby kaitie09 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:31 pm

Hope the surgery went well Hannlia!

And hope your foot is on the mend jetje!

We haven't all been 100% this week which hopefully will improve by next week.

I'm still hanging around the same weight. But have only done 2 walks this week which is pretty bad as I was getting into excuse mode!

Trying to block that out. Not looking forward to the food and drink I'll consume on the weekend but will try for some exercise in there as well :)

Gone well on the food front today. Massive salad with lean chicken, lots of vegies and an apple :)

Going out for dinner tonight but will try and choose healthy options :) I know it's do-able.

Looking forward to hear from you girls and hope all is going well. Keep up the awesome efforts.
kaitie09

Postby jetje » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi again,

Was unable to post something for a few days, but back again...

Yes, I hope the surgery has gone well for Hannlia!

Well Kaitie, at least you are doing some exercise. Just wait a few weeks, and I will be able to join you properly.

Yes, wish this would go quicker! I get rather impatient, but realise that if we lose too much too quickly, it is more likely to creep back on.

Just found out my mum is coming on Tuesday for 11 days on her way back from Europe to Australia :D She spends the Aussie winter in Europe each year, as that is where we are from. It will be nice to go shopping with her and all that, as last time it was Ramadan, and could go shopping, but not even a coffee shop was open around the place during the day.

Tonight my girls are having some friends over for a sleepover, and they plan to watch the whole first season of Glee again (Gleeathon), and requested to have homemade pizza's for dinner. In the morning they want bacon and eggs, and will organise that for them. My husband and I are going out for Brunch (someone from Australian school here is leaving after 5 years), so we have around 50 aussies eating unlimited a la carte food and alcohol. Should be interesting. I hope I can make smart choices regarding the food!

Girls, enjoy your weekend there and I hope the rain has stopped 8)

Jetje
jetje

Postby Owlie » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi everyone! Thanks for inviting me to start this challenge, Kaitie! I am two weeks late but really thankful to have some newbies to get started with.

I will start on Monday :)

Look forwards to getting some help to kick start, and to hopefully being able to give you all some support too! Weekly weigh ins and a food diary, any other guidelines we are sticking to?

xOwlie
Start: 77kg
Current: 75.9kg
Goal: 59kg
Owlie

Postby kaitie09 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:49 pm

That's pretty much it. We've been weighing in on Mondays- so when we weigh in you can post your start weight.

Other than that we do weekly measurements and the rest is up to us. We can pick and choose our diet and exercise as suits us.

This week hasn't been fab for me. Been real lazy so I've lost no weight. Hoping for better next week!!

Best of luck Owlie and hope we can help you kick start things.
kaitie09

Postby Owlie » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:17 pm

Thanks Kaitie :) Down weeks are OK. If we want to lose weight healthily, and for life, we have to expect that we cannot be full-tilt all the time. Trick that I am yet to master is not falling off the cart. I find if I take time off then I don't go back, and that's a cycle I am keen to break!I need to harness the power of motivation!

xOwlie
Owlie

Postby jeankarla » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:31 am

Hello everyone,

I just think that all of these, I found very inspiring. You get to have somebody to motivate you to do it, because sometimes when were alone, we can always say No to our own rules. But if we have somebody to tell us what to do, we get inspired to be successful.

This grouping and challenge is indeed, a great idea.

Thanks

Jean
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It is against forum rules to post a commercial link in your signature.
jeankarla

Postby Owlie » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:54 am

Well. This is it. My day one. Current weight: 77kg.

Brekkie today is oats/porridge and an apple.

I hope that you all had successfuly weekends. I went to a wedding and consequently put on a kilo. I was 76kg on Friday, and now I am 77kg :oops:

Oh well. Hopefully all that stops now! :D

xOwlie
Owlie

Postby madam » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:35 pm

Hi Everyone

I'm quite new to this place, I'm going to do this challenge (and hopefully help others to do it too)
I'm starting today and my current weight is 93kg

Talk Soon ! :D
madam

Postby jetje » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:02 pm

Hi ladies,

It seems we have grown in the last few days!! That is great, as the more, the merrier! :lol:

My details for today are as follows:

W: 84 (-1)
C: 95 (-1)
H: 107 (nc)

Weight: 71.8 (-0.6)

I was hoping for a bit more of a loss, but I suppose since I had a big brunch on Friday, as well as still not doing any exercise, what can I expect??

Good luck to all, and I am looking forward to all of you posting your details for the week.

Enjoy the long weekend Monday (I believe you all have a public holiday there today?)
Jetje :mrgreen:
jetje

Postby Owlie » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:06 pm

Did the supermarket run today and for the first time in about a year I didn't buy any chocolate! Woo hoo! I feel so elated that I managed to do it :D

How is everyone else going?

Welcome, madam. We are starting on the same day :D

Well done with the weight loss Jetje. Losing 0.6kg is great, especially on top of no exercise and a nom nom brunch :wink:

xOwlie
Owlie

Postby jetje » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:15 pm

Hi there Owlie,

Great regarding the shopping!!

I was not that good the other day, and could not resist the ice cream that was for desert during the brunch, as well as quite a few wines, etc... (Oh and also the pancakes with blueberry sauce all over them).

Last night I was good, knowing today was weigh-in, and did not have the aero bar the girls got for me as desert. It is still in the fridge so hope I can resist it and not have it. :D

My shopping trip the other day was not as good as yours, as I had to get stuff for the kids also, and there were a few packets of peanuts and some snickers bars for them, as well as over fries to have with their dinner one night this week. I just have to be strong and resist, which in the past I was hopeless at, hopefully learning ...

Enjoy the rest of your day, as here is normal working day, although may go for a swim this afternoon, as it has already hit 40 again.

Jetje
jetje

Postby Hannlia » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:05 am

Hi Ladies

Welcome to the new people!! :D

Well I finally came home late yesterday afternoon after being hospital a week (was only supposed to be in there 2 days) but have a few complications after surgery. Anyway I am on the road to recovery now and I while I won't be able to exercise for a couple of weeks I will still be eating well and trying to lose weight. I have had a loss of 1.4kg while being in hospital so that is one positive.

Anyway you are all doing very well, keep up the good work and I will be back later!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJLXzBM/]
[/url]
Hannlia

Postby jetje » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:20 pm

So happy to see you are back Hannlia!!!!

Fantastic work on that loss, and now I have someone else that can't exercise yet...due to surgery. Well, join the club. Mine has now been 4 weeks since the surgery, and still nothing....cannot wait to start doing something.

I have not seen any posts from Kaitie this week! I hope she is ok, and will return shortly.
Hoping for some more gain this coming Monday....
Anyway, weekend has officially started here now,
Jetje
jetje

Postby kaitie09 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:22 am

I'm alive ladies!
I have been horrendously busy this week and too scared to come back.
Think I may have had a gain this week due to poor eating habits and no exercise.

But not to matter, will pick myself and keep going. Don't have many plans for this weekend which means I can totally go crazy on the exercise :)

Good to hear you guys have had some losses.

I'll keep on working at it.
kaitie09

Postby Hannlia » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:22 pm

Hello

Just thought I would do a quick update to keep me myself on track! I have been pretty good food wise so I am happy. I am not expecting a loss at all this week, I was very surprised by the loss last week, I will be happy if I stay the same.

Jetje I think I will be off the exercise for a couple of weeks so don't worry too much!

Hope you both have a good weekend!!! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJLXzBM/]
[/url]
Hannlia

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges