It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Want to start a new challenge!!

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Want to start a new challenge!!

Postby jetje » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:22 am

Hi Kaitie and Hannlia,

I missed both of you!!!

So happy to have you back.
Just got back from brunch here in Dubai, so not sure whether to have something to eat or to have another one for the road and go to bed...which seems strange as iti s only 7.30pm....

More next time, just wanted to say that I was happy to see familiar people back on the board with messages!! :lol:

Jetje
jetje

Postby Owlie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:20 am

Hi All,

Well, it seems like I am not the only one who had a shocking week! I just went off the rails completely and ate soooooo much chocolate. Still, here I am, feeling a bit battered and bruised and willing to try again :wink:

Surprisingly I am registering a loss this week. I think I had a superficially elevated weight last week due to having eating a horse at a wedding on the Saturday night. My weigh in today is at 76.5 - which is a loss of 0.5kilograms. I am over the moon with that, given my terrible week.

Brekkie today is what it always is - oats with soy milk.

Wish me luck for tomorrow, I have a job interview! I wonder if they are happy hiring a fatty boomba :wink: :lol:

xOwlie
Start: 77kg
Current: 75.9kg
Goal: 59kg
Owlie

Postby Owlie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:53 pm

I just got on the treadmill for the first time in six weeks. Almost killed me. Did 21mins and 2.5km. Walking. (I've never really got to the point where I could run for more than a minute! :oops: )

I might be unfit, but at least I stopped staring at the damn thing and actually got on! Yay!

Hope that you are all having little successes like that too! :)

xOwlie
Owlie

Postby Gutsy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:51 pm

Well done Owlie! You will be surpised at how quickly the treadmill will become your friend if you pop onto it regularly.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcWjzFc/]
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby jetje » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:47 pm

Hi all,

Well, another week has passed, and they seem to be going rather quickly....

I registered a loss, but not significantly, only 0.2 kg

so now weight is: 71.6 kg

W: 84 cm (no change)
C: 94 cm (-1)
H: 105 cm (-2)

Hope the coming week will be little better (I know I say this each time), but currently is ttotm, so ..

Good luck with the interview, and def. not a "name you used"...

Bye all,
Jetje :mrgreen:
jetje

Postby madam » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:06 pm

Hi Everyone

Sorry for my late sign in, I didn't have time yesterday.

Last week my routine got a little mucked up my wii broke :( early in the week and it was raining so I had to figure out some exercises for inside (not easy by the way) I had two days of that and then found it extremely boring and annoying so I brought a treadmill last Friday and then got some good 40 minute workouts in on Saturday and Sunday.

Total 4 days exercise (30 - 40 minute sessions) I know it doesn't sound that bad but I just didn't feel fulfilled on my 2 days of 'figure out your own' exercises.

Food I'm not really a bad eater to start with so I'm not dieting as such I am just watching my portions and ensuring I get fruit and veg everyday
I'm going to do this challenge without 'dieting' and if I get results then great, if I don't get the results I want then I will look into dieting after this challenge.

Weight: 93 kg

I need to get a tape measure asap so I can record measurements. Well Done on finding the motivation for the treadmill Owlie, congrats to Jetje on the weight and cm's lost (they may be little but little amounts add up to big amounts!) and welcome back to anyone that has being away.

This week is going to be better for me in the exercise department ! I have planned 5 days, 30 minute sessions minimum
A bit of drinking forecast for this weekend as I have my besties 21st, time to get the sucky pants out, hopefully one of the last times :wink:
madam

Postby kaitie09 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:12 pm

Well well well.
Has been super busy for me at work.

Nothing new to report. Diet has been great except for weekends.
Exercise seems to have disappeared. Only did 2 walks last week and then it rained alot.
Did some walking in my killer heels on saturday night so that was a great workout in the end! :)

Planning on going for a walk this afternoon to get back into it. But I've been on my feet all day, already recording 8500 steps at work so far!

I'm 700g heavier than my last recorded loss but 700g will be easy to get rid of with some water and exercise. I have a feeling it's just water weight put back on.

Wish me luck to get back on the bandwagon. I have been really unmotivated and sulky recently so i've been so much happier to just sit and justify it by saying I've already lost 3kgs. but it's slowly creeping back on because of the lack of exercise.

I'll get there :)
kaitie09

Postby Hannlia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:28 pm

Hi Everyone

Sorry for not checking in sooner, still trying to recover! Not much has been happening here I have been eating healthy and not exercising at all (can't at the moment). I stayed exactly the same this week and I haven't bothered with measurements!

Well done on the losses girls you are doing a great job!! :D

I shall update tomorrow, I am feeling exhausted, I had my first day back at work today!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJLXzBM/]
[/url]
Hannlia

Postby Owlie » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:33 pm

8500 steps at work, Katie! Wowzers! What is it that you do? You must get sore tootsies!

I had a day without chocolate yesterday, which was cool. And none today, either. Also managed a second go on the treadmill, and made it all the way to 35mins/4.1km :) ...after which I collapsed in a heap, with a red face for the next hour :o

Well done on everyone for giving a bit of exercise a go, and having a bit of luck with eating properly. I know that weekends can be a bit of a challenge due to the change in routine, so I am wishing you all - including myself, because I sure do need it - the best of luck for keeping strong over Saturday and Sunday.

Quick question, do any of you enjoy a nightly drink, or are most of you reducing alcohol consumption for the challenge?

xOwlie
Owlie

Postby Owlie » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:05 am

Well, ladies and gents (do we have any gents here?), despite my hiccup mid-last week, I've managed to lose. Woot! Lost half a kilo, so am now sitting on 75.9kg.

I - surprisingly - had a good weekend food-wise. Ate sensibly; lots of lentils, vegies, oats, and yoghurt. Also managed to keep up my 'one glass of alcohol/night' rule (newly instated, of course, I was drinking 2-4glasses a night a week ago - and this despite the fact we had my folks over to dinner last night.

You'll all be super proud of me too - I resisted eating the entire lemon tart we had for dessert, and just ate a quarter. Enough to have a taste, but not go overboard and feel despondent.

AND I am already starting to feel better - which is definitely the best bit!! Less moody/less depressed. Good stuff :D

xOwlie
Owlie

Postby kaitie09 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:58 pm

Congrats Owlie!
That's great work.
As for the question re: alcohol intake. I don't drink during the week but will always enjoy a few over the weekend (usually too many). So that's something that has to change too!

I had completely left the bandwagon for the last however many weeks (2 I think). But this week I'm making it official that I have to get back on and stick to it.
SO,

Have had a fabulous diet today which will continue all week and WILL go for a walk when I get home.

Felt like a pig over the weekend with bad eating and being surrounded by thin and gorgeous women.

It's time to get back and get under 70kgs!!!
kaitie09

Postby Owlie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:34 pm

kaitie09 wrote: Felt like a pig over the weekend with bad eating and being surrounded by thin and gorgeous women. It's time to get back and get under 70kgs!!!

Here, here! I feel the same! I'm having my first really difficult day in the last week, I feel like some of my resolve is slipping and I seem to be constantly hungry. I am sure most of that is fed from emotions/anxiety - you know how bodies like to take that and translate it as hunger!!

But you're so right, Katie. It's time to kick this. We just have to stay strong and be brave and get through it, because everything is easier when you feel fit.

Just wish it wasn't so hard :cry:

xOwlie
Owlie

Postby Owlie » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:45 am

Hi All!

Well last week was tough, so it's a bit dispriting to get on the scales this morning and see only a 100g loss. That brings me to 75.8kg...

As a result I'm deciding to measure myself. That way if the kilo loss isn't great, I can at least see what the cm loss is.

So here me go - my first measurement weigh-in;
bust - 94cm
waist - 80cm
hip - 103cm

Hope everyone is doing better than me! :wink:

xOwlie
Owlie

Postby Owlie » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:58 am

Hang on... stupid question probably... but is your 'waist' the narrowest part of your torso below your ribs, or around your belly button? Confussling...
Owlie

Postby kaitie09 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:38 pm

Our thread has quietened down and we seem to have lost jetje and Hannlia! :(
Where are you girls??

Congrats on the loss Owlie. I too only lost 100g this week after I jumped back on the bandwagon.
So just gotta keep on going and hope for a bigger loss next week.

I measure my waist as the smallest part and my hips as the widest part. So sounds like you got it spot on owlie.

Keep on going girls.
kaitie09

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges