It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:44 pm

Free Newsletter

The Weight Loss Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

The Weight Loss Challenge

Postby adamonearth.com » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:15 pm

Hi All,

As many of you already know from the Introduction Part of this forum, I have started my weight loss journey!

I started 2 weeks ago this coming Sunday the 22/10/2006, and have lost 3.2kgs in total.

In sharing things, I did apply to be on the Biggest Loser and got to the Audition stage and was unsuccessful. When I got home that day I was quite disappointed and went on a eating binge. Then it hit me, that the way I was reacting was the heart of my problem with weight.

I decided to set a challenge for myself that I lose weight just as if I had been selected to be on the show and, show my friends, family and Australia that I can do it.

I started my own website to share with others my weight loss journey and it is available by clicking on the 'WWW' icon below each of my posts. The main reason I started the site was to motivate myself, and put more pressure on myself to stick with it and succeed this time around.

The hardest bit is getting into the gym and watching how much I eat, and the types of food I eat.

I will continue to post updates on my Weight Loss Challenge, and hope you will help me through the Journey.

Good Luck to all of you with your own Journeys, would be great for you to share your journeys in this post.

Thanks!

Adam.
Weight Loss
adamonearth.com

Postby Ally » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:28 am

Congratulations Adam. Mental attitude is half the battle won in any weight loss journey. You need to believe in yourself. It is great that you realised through you binge that that has been part of your problem. Good on you for facing it head on and tackling the issue.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:54 am

Hi adam

i checked out your website :) i will check it every so often to see how things are going. you dont need a weightloss program on tv to get you fit and healthy, you just need to be in the right frame of mind. im sure you can do it on your own with lots of support around you :)

well done :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:18 am

Thanks for sharing that with us Adam and I too have been checking your site out every now and then.

The journey itself in terms of discovery of yourself as opposed to just the physical side is just as interesting I find. That is great that you have identified some things about yourself and can work with that to find ways to overcome it.

Keep up the great work! :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby adamonearth.com » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:39 am

Thanks for the replies.

I just got back from the gym now and worked out for around 1 hour 20 minutes. Burned 980 calories, which is ok, although I always want to try and get over the 1000 calorie mark per session...soon hopefully.

Tonight we are having people over, so I have already warned myself only to eat things with little fat content, and try and stay away form carbs etc.

Have a good weekend to all of you!
Weight Loss
adamonearth.com

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:18 am

you have a good weekend too adam. remember that slow and easy wins the race... :) build up gradually or you'll injure yourself!!! have a nice ngiht with your friends, remember to enjoy yourself as well as being conscious of what goes in your mouth :)
kate_turner2000

Postby adamonearth.com » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:58 pm

Everyone just left and I must say I am proud of myself!

There was the usual fatty foods, but I stayed with the healthier options, some roast beef and vegetables, with salad, and stayed away from the other salads and hot dishes that had the fattier and oiler contents.

Even at Desert time, I stayed away completely, had a cup of tea and sat back and relaxed, while others ate away.

Felt good. Although even though I only ate the things above, I still feel bloated and can't wait to get into the gym again tomorrow! I think the diet soft drink did it too me. I only had 2 glasses but hadn't for over a week now, so it kind of made me feel uncomfortable.

I'm posting late tonight as I can't sleep, but will head off and try now!

My weigh in is tomorrow (Sunday) so can't wait for that either!

Adam.
Weight Loss
adamonearth.com

Postby Dolly » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:44 am

Hi Adam, congrats for taking on the challenge and allowing us to peek in on your experiences.
You're such a positive inspiration to us, Thank you.
Dolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:13 am

Hi adam

you did really well mate. the bloated feeling will pass. maybe you could try alternating one glass of diet soft drink with a glass of water? looking foward to seeing your weigh in :)
kate_turner2000

Postby adamonearth.com » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:54 am

I'm happy but no ecstatic with my weight loss result and have posted it on my site along with more info and images. I lost 1.9kgs.

I hope your all having a good Sunday and try and have a relaxing day before the start of a new work week!

Adam.
Weight Loss
adamonearth.com

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:05 pm

well done adam. i bet you are stoked with that result :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:30 am

You did really well Adam. It's the hardest thing when you have a lot of people over. Well done on your weight loss. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:00 pm

Well done Adam.,..1.9kgs is fantastic!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby adamonearth.com » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:05 pm

Thanks Guys, I really appreciate it.

I have had a few recipes emailed into me, and have posted one of them online, will post some more during the week.

If anyone decided to make them...I will start too from Wednesday, it would be great if you could email in a picture of how it turned out to post on the site.

Thanks again, I just got back from work and off to the gym.

Adam.
Weight Loss
adamonearth.com

Return to Challenges