It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby ganymede » Tue May 10, 2011 10:24 pm

Hi all!

Sassyt and I have decided to buddy up to whip ourselves into shape this year! We are more determined than ever to stomp the chubbiness down and reach our weight loss goals!

Sas has done an AMAZING job so far, getting down from 105.8kg to 85.8kg, that is a whopping loss of 20kg! Go Sas! I use to weigh 101kg in 2006 and got down to 73kg but have ballooned since then, starting out last November at 91.8kg :shock:. I am now back down to 88.2kg after a slip up in early March of this year. So realistically I have still kept off 12.8kg... Depressing!

Anyway, here are the stats!

Sassy's stats:

SW: 105.8kg
CW: 85.8kg
GW: 70kg (after which she will access if she feels she wants to lose more or not)

Shell's stats:

SW: 91.8kg
CW: 88.2kg
GW: 60-65kg

We would love if this wonderful forum could keep tabs on both Sas and myself and encourage us in our weigh loss endeavours! We are determined this will be the final straw and it will happen! We will post all progress here!

I now ask for Sas's input, when do you think a reasonable goal date is? And anything else you would like to add to our amazing Challenge! :mrgreen:
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby Sassyt » Wed May 11, 2011 12:00 am

Hey Shell thanks for this. You have everything right to the dot. I am very much excited and looking forward to this.

Coming back to the goal date. I say weightloss is a journey with no destination. I would like to see this thread go on even when we have reached the maintanance stage :) (cant wait for that) I think the reasonable date to reach our ultimate goals should be December 2011? I think that is reasonable enough. That is over 7 months away from today. I would like to be maintaining by then :P .

For me I have always liked splitting the total weight into small goals, achieve them and move on to the next goal. Maybe you would like to do that too. I think its less daunting than approaching the whole 15kg at once :|
So far my goals are:
next goal 82.5kg I was hoping by the end of May but I have my doubts :oops:
next 80kg by the end of June
next 78kg by the end of July
next 76kg by the end of August
next 74kg by the end of September
next 72kg by the end of October
next 70kg by the end of November (this is when I will be assessing to see if I want to loose more or not)

Let us not loose this spirit, yes there are going to be days when we mess up like really bad but we will have to keep going. Persistance in this game is the key to success. And as much as I hate this (Plateau) we are most likely to hit them and we must be prepared for that and keep going (I know) easier said than done.

I know that the fellow forum members will support us. Huge Part of my journey so far has really been supported by this forum members. Lovely bunch of people! :) Also we are both here for one another that should keep us going!

Lets do this girl!
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Wed May 11, 2011 8:37 am

Yes, I would definitely like to be in the maintenance stage by December! Merry Xmas to us! :mrgreen:

And I agree with the small goals, I will list my small goals here and I hope I reach every one of them! If not, well then I will work harder and KEEP GOING!

End of May: back down to 84.55kg (which is what I was in the first days of March before I went off the rails again :() a BIG goal for the first month but the weight always drops off for me at the beginning. Will try not to get my hopes up of losing this much all the way through. Any loss is an achievement :)
End of June: 80kg
End of July: 76-77kg (ANYTHING in the 70's would be fabulous! I haven't been in the 70's since early 2007)
End of August: 73kg (back to my lowest weight ever!!!)
End of September: 70kg
End of October: 67-68kg
End of November: 64-65kg

Then I will access, like you Sas, whether I need to lose any more weight or whether I am happy with how I look at 65kg. Wow, putting it in smaller goals has me MORE excited than the bigger picture!!! I suppose it really does give me some kind of idea of what I should hopefully be achieving each month. I have also decreased the kg's further along the road so that if I hit a plateau then I'm not aiming too high.

And a word on plateau's... "When you get to a plateau, think of it as a landing on the stairway to your goal. And maintenance is a lifelong plateau, so a bit of "rehearsal" for maintenance isn't the worst thing in the world." What a great quote!! It's still a gigantic pain in the butt but this makes me feel a bit better about it :P

Let's do this, Sas! We both have it in us, I can feel THIS IS IT!!! I will not stray from the path, I will not falter! What I want MORE than all the Tim Tam's in the world is to reach my goal weight and be truly happy, finally!
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Wed May 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Hey Shell
Your goals seem realistic and can be achieved! We really should be maintaining in December.
What sort of exercise you are doing? I go to gym 5/6 times a week. I refuse to count calories I just try to keep my portions small and stick to healthy food. I drink a lot of water and I have eliminated suger in my diet.

I have also eliminated white rice and white bread and substituted those with brown rice and hi-fibre bread. Honestly I love food and lately my boyfriend has been taking me out for take out like nobody's business and I find it so unfair since he is as skinny as they get and he knows my weekness when it comes to food :( I will have to find some way to deal with this soon, if not I will be surbotaged... I have days when I just let go and let loose but I make sure that I find my way back to the wagon. Tell me a little more about how you go about. I could learn 1 or 2 things :)
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Wed May 11, 2011 9:54 pm

Hey Sas! Isn't it amazing how much our body responds to cutting out certain foods that in society, we eat WAY too much of!? And we don't even think about it because it is so readily available.

Last week I did 2 days/30 mins each on the exercise bike (slack, I know :P) and went for a huge 40 minute power walk/jog on Sunday. Monday it was raining so I slacked off on my walk and stayed in bed :( Tuesday I got up at did a 40 minute power walk, felt so good after it! Today I failed at getting out of bed :( lol and tomorrow I intend on getting up and doing a Crunch: Burn and Firm in 30 minutes dvd! I really need to do more walking, will try for 4/5 days next week. I don't want to join the gym (not yet anyway) as I have wasted SO much money on memberships and then I never go, no matter how much I try. Going to ease myself back into it and then eventually start going back again once I'm a bit fitter. I love the proper cycling bikes they have at the gym, I wish they weren't so expensive otherwise I'd buy one!

I am currently doing the Optifast shakes diet. I know what people say about them and I understand their scepticism but it really works for me and I'm most definitely not ravenous on them. I have tweaked it to perfection!

Here is a break down of my daily intake: I have a vanilla shake in the morning, now coupling it with a handful of berries and a cup of tea. For lunch I have a serving of cooked vegetables, stir fried with soy sauce and a shake. And for dinner I have homemade cauliflower soup and a shake (and a cup of tea) or the past two nights I've been naughty and had a Biggest Loser bar :P

My biggest problem is that my lower gut will not digest meat/chicken properly and I end up with agonising stomach aches, alike to that of a perpetual sit up for as little as an hour or as long as 4 hours. This really limits what I can have in my diet, so I can't really go for the meat and vege, though sometimes I can get away with it. Weekends I still intend on just eating healthy and sticking under 1200 cals a day, making those healthy choices so they are in practise.

What does everyone think!?

Also, if your boyfriend wants to continue doing the take out thing. Try and go for the healthier alternative places or if it's something like chinese, get a meat and vegetable dish and ask for a healthy sauce or just soy sauce. Or even some of the soups would not be too bad. Otherwise, tell him no ;) :P
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Wed May 11, 2011 10:54 pm

Great! You seem to have everything all planned out so well. I think your exercise is faily good and it seems to be working since you manage to loose week in and week out.

I have always believed in sticking to what works for me and always follow my gut so if the shakes works for you they are the way to go. Recently I have done the Censored shakes and they worked very well but I found them too expensive for me so I stopped them and sticked to just normal healthy food.

I believe this time its for the last time I am going for GOLD babe! It feels much more exciting doing it with someone! I have a great feeling about this!
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Wed May 11, 2011 11:03 pm

So do I!! I can hardly contain myself! I have so much more energy and don't get that horrible fatigue feeling during the day which is wonderful! And I want to be active because I have all this pumped energy! The shakes are expensive but they have worked for me before and will work for me again! I'm really determined to get into gear, lose the weight and get fit so I can hike again without dying :p I'm so embarrassed when I bush walk with my partner because he always ends up miles ahead while I can barely walk any further. Ends up carrying my tripod for me because of puffing like crazy. Not any more! I aim to be so fit that I will be able to keep up with him and maybe even pass him :)

I do have my bad and blah moments, like this morning I felt crappy. But I'm anxious about change because its such a big change and it's exciting and scary too. But I just put it at the back of my mind, have a cup of tea, watch something to distract myself or get Angkor night's sleep and I'll feel fine in the morning :)

Still so excited Sas! Must resist the scales til Monday :p
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Wed May 11, 2011 11:11 pm

LOL I dont think I am weighing in this Monday blaaa! :P I been too naughty I dont want to record another gain or same weight. This morning I just could not get out of the bed for gym for the 1st time in 2 full months. I think I will only start weighin next week monday (16th)

Mark my words after this year December your partner will be far far behind you when you guys go hiking lol :lol:
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Thu May 12, 2011 8:30 am

:lol: I certainly hope so! I'll be jogging the whole way instead :P

And avoid weigh in for this week but next week...back to it 100%!!! :mrgreen:

I failed again this morning and instead of getting up to do exercise, I stayed in my nice warm bed :roll: It is absolutely freezing here, it is so hard to get out of bed at 6am!! LOL. I must try better tomorrow though, I've been truly slack. At least it gave my ankle muscles time to settle down, they have been so sore all week. Hoping I can talk myself into going to the gym tonight... :|

Really really looking forward to the weekend and excited about another week of success :)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Thu May 12, 2011 6:33 pm

I also did not wake up this morning again had a late night :roll: but definately this afternoon I am going to gym. At this rate I am hearding for stress I need to do damage control ASAP lol... Both of us infact :wink:

My next weigh in will be on the 23rd not the 16th lol.
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Thu May 12, 2011 9:25 pm

Did you go to the gym this arvo Sas?? I just got back, OMG :shock: I am pooped now but so glad I went!!! I did 15 mins cycling, 20 mins walking and 10 mins on the cross trainer woot! I was just so annoyed that I didn't get up early so made up for it tonight! Definitely need to get up early tomorrow and do my Burn and Firm DVD :P

Damage control completed woohoo!!! I found these other "Slim Secrets" high protein, high fibre and low gi bars that could be good too! I'm going to try one tonight! Sugar and fat content is reasonable and it is less calories than the shake and great with a cup of tea before bed :)

Hunnie, have you just been eating badly or having a few slacko days? A couple are okay, so long as you don't let 3 turn into 13 like I did at the beginning of the year :P You don't want to ride yourself too hard either because you don't want to be doing something you can't keep up. It's a fine balance and one you have been doing wonderfully!!!

C'mon girlie, we can SO do this!!! I want you to definitely be weighing in on the 23rd, no excuses!!! :mrgreen:

I'm sooo buggered, I feel like it's time for bed already :P
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Metalcharm » Thu May 12, 2011 10:17 pm

Good luck girls, your enthusiasm is contagious!

Set the alarm fron now on!! :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby ganymede » Thu May 12, 2011 10:44 pm

I did but the snooze button has magical powers!!! :lol:
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Fri May 13, 2011 8:09 am

I kind of cheated and got impatient so I stepped on the scales this morning after my exercise :P AND...I'm down to 86.9kg!!!!! In 5 days!!! I admit that I got this type of result every week when I first started in January plus I wasn't exercising then and now I am so I suppose it makes sense :) Once I had a shower, I jumped back on the scales to check I wasn't dreaming :lol: And I was 79kg exactly. Does anyone else have troubles with fluctuating scales? I usually have to step on them 3-4 times with the same results to make sure they are telling me the right thing :roll: They are Weight Watcher's scales so they should be pretty good. Just wanting to know for sure before I get too excited. But I can't help it!! :mrgreen:
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Fri May 13, 2011 5:28 pm

You are doing great. I would not mind loosing that much in 5 days! Well done I see I am going to be beaten to that 80kg :mrgreen:
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Next

Return to Challenges