It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:18 pm

Free Newsletter

Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby ganymede » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:30 am

Yeeeehah!!! The 77's, you are rockin' it babe! So proud of you :) Sorry I've been abscent again, just cannot shake this sickness :( Went to docs yesterday, I have a sinus infection so I have antibiotics and have to do nasal irrigation and take decongestants etc to try and shake this thing! So I have been pretty bad food wise, back up to 78.3kg yesterday and hoping to at least maintain that weight til Monday and hopefully by then I will be feeling a bit better and can get back on the wagon... so over it and it is so hard trying to work hard to lose weight and be sick and tired all the time as well :(

Hopefully after a relaxing weekend I should be feeling much better :) or at least well enough to start doing some light walking again and stick under cals!

How are you going hunnie???
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby ganymede » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:15 pm

Dearest T, where art thou!?

Bah, I have been soooooooo bad of late! No exercise and bad bad food...LOL. I have had a sinus infection and it has been crappy to say the least. But I am starting to feel better now and am determined and am already back on the wagon. Back to walking again tomorrow, I know it works, the gym sucks, I hate it haha! Much prefer walking in the fresh air :) Not to mention I can get it done in the morning and I can come home straight from work at night and not have to worry about exercising! I go on holidays in 3 weeks... I am aiming for 75kg by then and fingers crossed I won't balloon again from going on hols! Just need to make sensible choices and hopefully stay active :D

How are you my weight loss buddy!? I miss you :(
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:58 pm

Hey Shel
I am back. You know my story. I just got sorted yesterday and I been really hectic.
I hope you are doing great girl. I am back to finish what we started. We need to be in the maintanance section soon :wink: I will bring in my official stats on Monday...

Cant wait to know where you are at with your journey
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:06 pm

I am officially doing terribly LOL. I start holidays today but I have been eating like I'm on holidays already and the scales are cranky with me...I am going to try my absolute hardest to stay good for the next two days until we jetset off, I have a feeling I might be edging into the 80's again when I get back :( I would like to be a bit healthy when I'm away but I always say that and it never happens hahahaha. I am really determined to start over when I get back though, I have just lost my way a bit but I am NOT giving up! Fingers crossed clambering over rocks on the coast will be enough to keep me a little bit fit :P I would like to exercise while I'm away but as I said, I always have these plans that never happen once I'm away and relaxing and enjoying myself.

I need a break though! I will see you back here in two weeks, happy and refreshed! :D Keep in touch, I will have my Iphone on me so I will still have internet access :)

Missed you girl xo
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:53 pm

I have been missing you terribly too. Just when I got back you are leaving me :(
Girl just enjoy yourself and be as healthy as you can be if not all is not lost you will come back here and jump right back on the wagon. I know exactly what you mean with the plans that never happen. I always fall off the wagon whenever I am on holiday. I must say it is so hard with me loosing atm its like I get penalised for tiny-winny mistakes that I make :( I guess when you closer to your goal it gets tougher. I too will not give up. It is not an option! I am going to see the end of this :)
I feel like a winner already! Just not there yet lol... I am however very happy with where I am at right now. I love the way I look I can dress up and walk tall that is indeed an achievement but I can still do better. I will do better...

Cant wait for the 2 weeks to be over and you come back and tell me how it all went down. I will be missing you!!!
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:02 am

Hello my lovely lady, I have missed you so! And I am BACK to make things right after eating sooooo much food on my holidays!!! I am fairly certain I am back in the 80's :( most.definitely. I am so so not game to weigh myself at the moment, I am always super depressed about going back to work so the less stress the better. I know in the back of my mind that the reading would be really really bad anyway so I am working towards undoing it WITHOUT touching the scales for a little while...which means, I'm back to the shakes, although I think I'll still be having a proper dinner to balance things out a bit and I should definitely try to get back in to walking in the mornings if I can. Even 30 minutes a day would be nice right now...I have really really overdone it and I want to make amends! It is going to be very hard and I'm sure that Saturday's will be a bit over but I intend on sticking to fruit and salad sandwiches and cereal if I can. We are probably going for a big hike this weekend too and I just know I'm going to be soooo unfit for it :( oh well, hopefully that will make me even more determined to do something about it!

I think I'm just beyond over working where I'm working, especially now that it is only a month and a half until xmas and being on holidays doing photography everyday was so wonderfully amazing and calming and now I'm going back to stress, repetitive work I hate and the general bullsh**t that goes with work sometimes. Oh well, maybe I'll start looking for something else and start planning my next trip...

How are things going T!? I am 110% serious right now, I have completely blown it the past few months, up and down up and down...if I had tried harder I would have been in the low 70's by now!!! So no more stuffing around...and back to what I know works. I WANT the body I deserve and I WANT to be healthy and happy and not worrying about my podgy stomach and giant thighs all the time.

I want to be me! Let's do it, for REAL this time!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:29 pm

WELCOME BACK..... *hugs and kisses* Perfect timing gal... I have all the energy to get down to business...

You know what, you had a blast on holiday and the most, most important thing is that you are now back here and ready to get back to finishing what you (we) started. I am glad you are back. You have played a great role to this (my journey) in a mega way that you would never know! So now that you are back lets do what we do best - push each other to the finish line. I told you we are going to see the end of this no matter what... So I say lets get down to it :)

Do not worry so much bout being back to them 80's the fact is I waited for you lol :wink: (in a way)
So we are back to it together... It has been so hard getting back to being good with the food for me. I still stuck 100% to gym but my eating has been really terrible. I am so glad the exercising part of it is absolutely on par! I dont think that will ever change I am officially addicted to gym :D (totally)

I think I am just over 80kg currently if not just below. I have not been really keen on weighing too. But you know what I say bugger it I am weighing on Friday and I will know exactly where I stand and then work towards my goal. I find it easy knowing my weight then not knowing... Well for this year I have set myself another goal of 73kg then the last few kilos I will shed them next year after my holiday. I tell you I am proud of myself for what I have achieved todate so I am not stressing so much but that does not mean I am taking my eyes off the ball. I just want to enjoy the journey as I go... So galie lets do this, together!!!
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:33 am

*hugs and kisses* right back atcha girlie!!! I am soooo glad we are both back and ready to rock! :D I'm not weighing for at least two weeks, just going to work hard, try and start exercising again (I fell out of the walking for awhile and now it is so hard to get back into it LOL) because I want this soooo badly! I don't want to have to worry about my weight any more, it's ridiculous! And yes, some days will be worse than others and chocolate may defeat me but for the most part I need to realise that being healthy is what I want and NEED!!!

And that is AWESOME that you are addicted to gym, I wish I was LOL! But I always get addicted to my walking so I might change my route a bit and start getting addicted again ;) You have done an amaaaaazing job girlie and I have beeen saying the same thing but I think I've taken the celebrating too far and need to reel myself in! Especially before xmas, eek! So I am doing my two shakes a day again and a balanced dinner. Last night I ate a bit more dinner than I should have but I resisted things like chocolate and ice cream so it's a start :P

We are going to Mount Barney tomorrow so hopefully I will get some exercise in then and I will get out and do a huge walk on Sunday to really kick start things again. NEED to lose this weight I've gained!!!

So excited for us lovey, I am really really determined to just keep at it and not keep losing the same kg's over and over again. I want some new numbers!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:12 pm

I tell you its hard getting back on the wagon after messing up but once you stick with it for a day the next day is really easy you just flow with it well atleast that is how I always find it...

I cannot believe how addicted I have become to gym. I know for sure if I wasn't I would have lost the mojo long time ago since my diet has been so bad. I guess the gym counts for something really. I really am glad and proud of myself for my new love of gym :D I will never ever stop gym not for anything. I am sure you are going to find your way back to your walking again. I remember you used to love it so much so do not stress, gradually you will find yourself back at it again :)

I want me some 75kg pleeeeeease! I had come soooo close to it and then my mind played games with me here I am sitting at about 78kg still fighting to get to my happy weight :(
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:26 am

Well, official weigh in this morning...and it's bad :( 81.15kg :cry: A total gain of 4.85kg since just before holidays and up until now. I am SO annoyed at myself for eating badly BEFORE I went on holidays, it has just made everything that much harder. But I am determined to see this through and even though I had a bad weekend food wise (pizza capers and gelati to name a few :| ), I am still more determined than ever, especially seeing the startling realisation of those scales...although it is LESS than I thought it would be to be honest. I can tell I've got chubbier and I do not like it! So back to the hard yards, shakes, veges and a balanced meal at night. Need to get my butt out of bed even for a 30 minute walk each day, I'm certain my fitness is terrible right now and I use to love feeling fit and healthy and not puffed! I think I'm finding it hard because work is SUCH a drag, I am really starting to dislike it, it's soooo boring. But I can't leave yet, my shoulder is still playing up and we are organising a holiday to Tasmania in March and I really don't want to jeopardise that by finding new work before then. Also I need to get my assignments done before I start looking... lol.

Anyway, epic ramble. I just need to keep my chin up, focus on getting this done and getting through this and hopefully things will pick up at work and things will be okay. It would be soooo much easier if I could just take like 5 weeks off work and exercise all the time :P

Oh well, I'm still going to do it no matter what ;) How are things my lovely T!?
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:02 pm

That number is not so bad Shell. You definately going to shed that off in not time. Soon you will be back at the 70's and this time you will not look back :)

I weighed yesterday I was @ 78.00kg hoping to get back to 77kg next week...
This time I really am going for gold... I do expect obstacles on the way but I will see myself through this... It is so HARD right now. The food, loosing but I have to keep pushing it will be alright.
Lets just do it galfriend!
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:51 pm

At least one of us hasn't gained too much! :P That kg will come off in no time my friend! Had a good day today, no exercise but ate reallllly well and hoping to keep this up initially for awhile just to shred these kg's I've gained! I always have amazing results with my shakes so I am back on them (except for dinner) and have also added in fruit and yoghurt as snacks. Going to start walking again tomorrow morning, will start at 40 minutes and see how I go from there and slowly increase! Neeeeeed to do this so badly! I've had a break and had a huge splurge and now it is time to jump back on the wagon and go for gold!

Fingers crossed these pesky kg's just melt away!!!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:52 am

Helllooooo my lovely weight loss buddy, how are you doing!?

I am doing well...started having Nature's Way Slim Right shakes yesterday, they are awesome! You have them on skim milk so they are really filling and taste nice :) I was really getting sick of eating frozen steamed vegetables for lunch lol, they really don't taste very nice. So instead I have this shake made on milk and I felt fuller yesterday than I have been with optifast shakes and having veges as well! So I am going to try these probably up until Xmas to give my body a kick in the butt :mrgreen: So far I am back down to 80.7kg, so 450g down today woot! Thank goodness for that! I just cannot weight to be back down to 76.3kg, which is the lowest I have been at on this journey so far. Damn damn damn, I really buggered up but in hingsight I am a lot more focused and a lot less stressed after a good long holiday :) So, 4.4kg to lose to get back to 76.3kg. I am hoping I can do that in the next month or so then keep going from there. And actually get LOWER!!!

I have been walking 30 mins a day, have done that 3 days this week so far and intend on doing at least another 2 days :) I might bump it slowly up to 45 mins a day from next week, just want to give my body time to adjust and I don't want to do too much and feel tired and like I've overdone it (which I seem to do a lot haha, all or nothing for me :P). Am feeling really positive which is great! Just trying not to think about it too much otherwise I will stress myself out. Silly silly. I am just glad to have seen a loss everyday so far (yes, compulsive weighing in this week LOL) but next week I will try and start weighing in just once a week.

Anyway, I hope you are doing well my friend! I am really looking forward to losing these horrid kg's I have gained so we can continue on from where we left off and get even lower again! We were doing really well for awhile but somehow we lost our way...just a little lol. Now it is time to find our way back and for people to come in to our thread, see what an AMAZING job we are doing and be inspired by it.

What do you say, T? :mrgreen:
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:25 am

My wonderful weight loss buddy, where are you!? I have missed you so! And from the looks of your weigh in thread, you are doing wonderfully and I want to congratulate you! :mrgreen:

I have managed to continue budging those scales and since last Monday I have managed to smash 2.05kg :twisted: Ohhhhh yeahhhhh!!! So my weigh in this morning was 79.1kg! Getting back down there slowly...well, not really slowly but it feels slow considering how many times before I have lost the SAME kg's arghhhh, frustration! *smacks hand away from biscuit tin* I will refrain... And until Xmas day I have decided, not a second sooner! (that doesn't mean I'm going to get up at 12:01am on the 25th December and eat a cheesecake though :lol: I have however found my mood to have changed drastically since starting up again. So much more motivated! I've been editing photos, doing ASSIGNMENTS (!?!?!?!?) :o and walking more again! SO, I am in for a challenge and I mean a CHALLENGE!!! I have dreamt about a wonderful Xmas most of the year and most of this journey so far. Seeing family and them being proud of me and what I have achieved...so I want them to even more of a change by then.

SO, by Xmas, I would like to be 72kg!!! I am SO determined to make this goal! It is an unofficial goal because I don't want to be sad if I don't make it but it is something HUGE to strive towards. That is 7.1kg in 6 weeks which works out to over a kg a week. I intend on continuing with my 2 shakes a day and a balanced meal/snacks. It is really working for me and fills me up nicely! AND I see amazing results which is very helpful for the motivation ;)

I really really really realllllyy REALLLLYYY want to do it this time! NO mucking around, NO eating chocolate or pancakes or any bad foods! NO excuses because I have none! I've run out of excuses WHY I couldn't walk this week and WHY I didn't eat right and WHY I had to have those chocolate bars and WHY it was because I was feeling sad. Well, PSSSHHHH, what a load of crap! Yes, I emotionally eat, a lot of us do! But that is NO excuse! I WANT to reach my goals, I NEED to reach my goals and instead of whinging about it all the time and how "I'm so tired today" or "I ate really badly this weekend, damnit!", I will just make sure these do NOT happen and if they do, well so be it! It isn't like you're going to stop functioning and fall on the floor if you don't have that block of chocolate, sheesh! If anything, you are less likely to do so without it!

Anyway, wow, what a rant and a half...lol. I'm just sick of doing this to myself when I could be achieving my goals at the pace I want to and get the majority of this weight under control and out of the way so I can take control of my life!!!

p.s I miss you!!!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Heeeey Shell you know I have been around the whole time I just did not realise I did not post on our lounge *silly me* but I am here and still striving towards my goal as hard as it is I hpeI will make it through this year, next year? Whenever I will make it there...

I see you have set your self a goal of 72kg by Christmas... Good luck girlie if you put your mind to it you can actually do it... With your motivation and energy levels ATM it is sure doable... I tell you once I lack motivation nothing can be done.

For me I have settled for 74 by the time I go on holiday with is December 16 that means I have just over 4 weeks to loose 2.8kg mhhh I have my doubts because but I know I can do it... And the weight right now is coming off sooooo slow its not even funny! My happy weight is 75kg so I can definately loose 1.8kg in 4 weeks :) Whichever way I will eventually get to my final destination... :)

Lets kick A$$ girl the way we do it
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges