It is currently Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:09 am

Free Newsletter

Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby ganymede » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:20 am

Hello my love!! Sorry I haven't posted in quite a few days...I went away for the weekend so I haven't had a chance to post! Gained a nice 1.35kg over those 3 days :( too many beers and too much cheese and crackers :( LOL but hoping now that I'm back to it 110% that this extra weight won't stick around long! How are you tracking my love? I am still as determined as ever to get to 72kg by Xmas and I plan to see myself get there! No more treats now until Xmas day, I just need to be strict and healthy and keep my eye on the prize! If I could get down to 71.8kg, that would be even better as that would mean exactly 20kg lost since I began losing weight again and 29.2kg lost all up! It is a busy time of year with work as I work in retail so...Xmas is the busiest time of year. But it is great because I am more motivated to stick to my plan as the day's go soooo fast because it is so constantly busy that I don't have time to think about things too much woot! So I am definitely taking advantage of this super busy period to get closer to my goal!

Really hoping this gain goes away rather quickly hahaha! At least it was only 3 days so it should come off pretty easily :) fingers crossed! Just really REALLY want to see 76.3kg on my scales again... the lowest yet and what I need to see before I keep ploughing through this weight!!

I'm in such an up and down mood today...a bit demotivated by those scales for sure. I should have stayed away from them til the end of the week as it has really put a downer on things :( I know it won't last but I just really want to get rid of this weight damnit!

Anyway...I'll be alright once I get on with the day and realise that every day counts and I'm still doing great...

How are you my wonderful weight loss buddy!?
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby ganymede » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:52 am

Seriously...WHY!?!?!?!? I have one long weekend and too much fun and now my scales have only moved 350g this week!!! :( I have been exercising and eating right...this SUCKS!!! I am really really annoyed and feel like before I went away I was doing so amazingly and now everything has turned to sh**t :( It's hard to stay motivated when the scales aren't moving even though I feel slimmer and am working my arse off! :x I just want to get back down to 76.3kg!!!! If I don't I'll be stuck in this high 70's limbo FOREVER :( And if I don't get reasonably below that before Xmas day, I'll be stuck there again, it is painful! I'm just a bit lost today... :( hopefully a nice relaxed night of dvd's and sleep will help...*sigh*
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:44 pm

Oh my friend loosen up pleeeease darling... Firstly you had a loss a loss is a loss hun no matter how small it is, imagine if you had gain that very same kgs you lost??? You have worked so hard to get back to the 70's, just a minor set back is not the end of the world, for all you know it could trigger a bigger loss for next week. You know how we have to mess with our metabolism sometimes?? Chin up and enjoy the ride galfriend. Before you know it you will be on your 76.3kg :) We both know that!!!

Take it from me I gain on the scales and loose again, water retension or whatever but I know it CANNOT be fat. I have told myself not to stress bout it because I know that eventually I will hit my goal and I am happy with how I look ATM. I really hate not having to enjoy my life now thatI have a weightloss goal to achieve. I know the things to do to loose weight if I get obstacles on the way, so what? Eventually I will get there...

*Hugs*
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby Sassyt » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:00 pm

I just saw the post you posted earlier I dont know how I missed it... I am doing OK'ish lol I am one of those people who can gain 3kg on the scale for loosing it with the food for one week :( sad but true. I think I have a problem of bingeing :oops: which is why I really consider myself a real hero for getting this far with the weight loss. How I am doing mhhh :| last time I weighed I was 78.2kg meaning a gain yet again but who cares that will dissapear shortly. I have a holiday trip on the 14th of December I hope to be 75kg by then if not life goes on I am still happy with what I have achieved to date...

Hun dont get me wrong I still want to hit that 70kg mark and maybe even a little less like 68kg and I will but I would like to get there without stressing so much since I have worked so hard when I weighed the likes of 90s and the higher 80's. If I mess things up this week, I will unmess them next week and move on just as long as I dont get my eyes of the price.
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:33 am

I know exactly what you mean hun... I find working so hard so very very stressful! I don't mean work, I mean working hard to lose weight. But the thing is, we are so very similar when it comes to food. I love a good binge but I tell you, I always feel horrible afterwards! Headachey, bloated etc...I need to learn not to do that as much. Or to do it once and then get back into it straight away. I did this last night actually :oops: LOL. I had bad food for lunch and sushi for dinner and LOTS of chocolate hahahaha! Yeah, I was feeling pretty depressed. The type of depressed that is only cured by chocolate, dvd's and a big night's sleep ;) and now I've done that and yes I missed exercise this morning because I was exhausted. But I got up this morn, feeling far less tired than I expected and made my yummy iced shake and a big cup of tea and I feel more positive :) It's Friday too, YAY!!! I think because I was away all weekend last week, I am a little tired and I need of some "quiet brain time". You know when your brain just will NOT stop thinking too far ahead!? I think that's my problem...I find it very hard to stay in the "now" when it comes to weight loss. I look way too far ahead and there is me standing on a beach in a bikini with the wind whipping my freshly cut and coloured hair LOLOL.

But the reality is, all those people on this site who are doing amazingly and losing continually are the ones who sometimes lose maybe 400g/700g in a week one week and a kilo or more the next. They are saying exactly what you are saying, a loss is a loss and it is certainly NOT a gain! And I intend to keep myself in those 70's forever now...even if it takes awhile, I refuse to hit the 80's again. And I think I am going to re-evaluate my goal for Xmas. 72kg in 4 weeks!? Yep, not realistically possible unless I want to be depressed and exhausted the whole time!!! If I can hit 76kg by Xmas, I will honestly be happy. It is a journey my love and one we are going to get to the end of. I'm just so sick of it being a race against time. If I'm still doing things right MOST of the time, then that is far better than what I use to do which is binge until I weighed 90kg again!

NO WAY is that happening again. I am feeling slimmer and healthier than ever and nothing is going to take that feeling away from me... Soooo not weighing in for a week or so, just to regulate my mood a bit haha. I shouldn't be weighing so often either, it is my downfall! And yes, sometimes we gain for no reason and it sucks, so I'd like to avoid that crappy feeling if I can! Anyway, we will get there hun... Next year is definitely our year for a maintenance thread. And if I start to do really well with losses again, yes I'll get right into it and keep it on going. I'll take advantage of my body when it is doing the right thing hahaha and sit back and stress less if it doesn't. Small losses are better than a gain and maintaining even is better than gaining so all is well!!!

This thread has clearly turned into a vent thread but it is all part of the journey!

Next weigh in will be Thursday and continue to be every Thursday after that ;)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:55 pm

Feeling a lot better now and ready to see this through :)

That is all ;)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:54 pm

Hey Shell still very much around. I have still maintained 78kg. It does not look like Im going to make it to my year end goal since there is parties non-stop. This time of the year has never been good for me and my weightloss anyway. I am going to try and loose as much as I can before my holiday I will then come back here on the 3rd of Jan to finish what I started. Dont know how much weight I would have gained but I am almost certain I will gain coz I plan on having fun from boozing to eating what I like :oops: I just have to be mindful this time...

This is our VENT THREAD so what lol :mrgreen:
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:50 am

Back down to 76.8kg as of yesterday, yay! :mrgreen:

Feeling pretty crook right now though :( have had headaches all week and this morning I seem to have contracted a bit of gastro :( so not good...although it will probably be good for my waistline LOL. I'm not feeling sick per say, just sick of having headaches and cannot believe I've woken up this morning with some gastro wog thing. Noooooooo! Of course if it kick starts my weight loss, it couldn't have come at a better time, so to speak. Although sickness sucks anyway :( oh well, will see how I go at work...eek!

How are you doing my wonderful weight loss buddy?? I have found a really good eating routine and I am not as concerned about exercise, I still love my walking but I'm not going to burn myself out like last time. Any loss is great news from here on out so I just have to make sure they continue to be losses, woot!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:55 pm

Hey Shel
I havent weighed in 3 days the last time I weighed I was 78kg... I have kinda accepted to be at that weight (more or less) for this year. To finish what I started next year Jan. To think that between me and my goal weight is stupid 8kg annoys me really... I am hoping to shed that soon but it is so damn hard :cry:

I must say you are doing really great! I am happy for you... Keep going do not loose the momentum...
I hope you feel better soon my friend... Only 6 days to go before I go on holiday... See you next year
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby Sassyt » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:26 pm

Where art thou? I miss you Shell. I have been trying to get back on the game with no luck!
I hope all is well with you. Please come back and lets finish this up. We need to create that thread in maintanance section!
You are missed! :(
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:43 pm

I miss you too sweets! :( Having soooo much trouble getting back into a good and healthy routine :( Been sick and lazy and thinking about other things...but this is our year T, I really want us to finish this and as you said, have a wondrous maintenance thread!!! Fairly certain I've hit 80kg again, bah :(

Really really want to get back into it though. Next week hopefully I will be 100% again and can get back into it!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Im going to do a serious detoxing as from next week Monday. Its my birthday tomorrow and I cannot promise to be good :oops: I will however get back to being 100% on Monday. I think we are more or less in the same weight. I have been running away from the scale off late (you know how it is)... I say we push through one last time and we should be there in no time then we maintain! It is so bloody hard though I must say. It does not matter how many times we try as long as we are still trying... Lets get to it on Monday garlie!!
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:41 pm

Monday it is! See you then ;)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:40 pm

I have already started with the good eating habits. I am hoping 2 see the difference soon. This week I have been 2 gym 3 times. As of next week getting back to 5/6 times. I feel the phrase of lazyness has passed so its on girlfriend we are loosing it! Oh aaaand I weighed myself! I weigh wopping 80.4kg... Pathetic I know... I need to get down to business...
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby Sassyt » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:35 pm

Hey Shell where are you love? Please come back :( I feel strange doing this without you...
I hope you are good.
I have been trying to get back on the wagon and fall I think this time I have enough momentum to push through. But I need you too my weightloss mate... Hope to see you here soon..

I am sitting @ 79.8kg I need to work my butt off hereon...
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges