It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:32 pm

Free Newsletter

Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby ganymede » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:06 am

Hellooooooooooo!?!?!?
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby ganymede » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:24 pm

C'mon T, my lovely lady! Let's not forget about this thread... :)
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Heeeey Shel
I had my settings to alert me when there is a reply on this thread and it did not alert me this time wonder why :?
You are just the same as me with the scale and the bad thing about this habit is if it doesnt give me good news that I expect all hell breaks loose. I loose every tiny bit momentum I have. I just wanna go straight to Mc D and have a burger and I dont like training and, and, and... Unless it gives me good news I then fly like a eagle. Hopefully soon I would feel like that. But with the spin classes I know I can never go wrong

Congrats sweets on your new job!!! It is always a refreshing feeling to start a new job. I love the challenge :mrgreen: ... You will see new faces and they will wonder what on earth is this new lady on seeing you shrinking week in week out hahahahahah :lol: ... I feel you are at the right space atm no pressure and long term goals that way work wonders...

Lets do this gal... :twisted:
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby Sassyt » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:35 pm

ganymede wrote:C'mon T, my lovely lady! Let's not forget about this thread... :)

lol no ways this is where we draw most of the motivation so hell no
We r on...
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:43 pm

Sassyt wrote:Heeeey Shel
I had my settings to alert me when there is a reply on this thread and it did not alert me this time wonder why :?
You are just the same as me with the scale and the bad thing about this habit is if it doesnt give me good news that I expect all hell breaks loose. I loose every tiny bit momentum I have. I just wanna go straight to Mc D and have a burger and I dont like training and, and, and... Unless it gives me good news I then fly like a eagle. Hopefully soon I would feel like that. But with the spin classes I know I can never go wrong

Congrats sweets on your new job!!! It is always a refreshing feeling to start a new job. I love the challenge :mrgreen: ... You will see new faces and they will wonder what on earth is this new lady on seeing you shrinking week in week out hahahahahah :lol: ... I feel you are at the right space atm no pressure and long term goals that way work wonders...

Lets do this gal... :twisted:

I am definitely very excited! It is a new beginning for me :) I told my old work peeps that I wouldn't be coming in to visit for quite awhile so I can distance myself from the place and start afresh. Next year is my year, I just know it! A year to get everything sorted and to finally get rid of the flab forever! I like the no pressure approach, it is very relaxing :)

Today I didn't exercise, I had a migraine last night and sort of just felt like staying in bed just that bit longer this morning. I will walk tomorrow morning, Thursday night and Friday morning before we go to the coast :) I also walked Monday so that will be 4 days all up!

How are you going this week, T?
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:59 pm

Ooooh the upbeat attitude you have is sooo contagious! It has rubbed off on me so well :mrgreen: ... I am doing really great with both the food and gym :D I did an hour or spinning yesterday and today as well will do the same. I don't really foresee anything that would interrupt my 6 days training this week yaaaaay... I can only assume that next week Monday I will be smiling all the way to the scale hahahaha... I actually do feel lighter lately and yes Next year will be our year for sure and maintaining for life. I wanna get this whole thing over and done with forever!

I have about 20 kgs to loose overall then maintain... I am targeting next year September by then I should be maintaining I just don't wanna put myself into any sort of pressure while doing it!

I would do anything to get a new job girl so I am so envious of you :P
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:07 am

Sassyt wrote:Ooooh the upbeat attitude you have is sooo contagious! It has rubbed off on me so well :mrgreen: ... I am doing really great with both the food and gym :D I did an hour or spinning yesterday and today as well will do the same. I don't really foresee anything that would interrupt my 6 days training this week yaaaaay... I can only assume that next week Monday I will be smiling all the way to the scale hahahaha... I actually do feel lighter lately and yes Next year will be our year for sure and maintaining for life. I wanna get this whole thing over and done with forever!

I have about 20 kgs to loose overall then maintain... I am targeting next year September by then I should be maintaining I just don't wanna put myself into any sort of pressure while doing it!

I would do anything to get a new job girl so I am so envious of you :P

Yayyyyyy! So glad you are feeling upbeat too, LET'S DO THIS!!! :mrgreen:

I have a feeling you'll be skipping and jumping up and down on Monday, just remember that ANY loss is a good loss and if you're doing the right things, your body will soon catch up :)

As promised, I went for my walk this morning (with the help of my Mum to get me out of bed LOL) and did about 28 minutes...so not much but I did throw some jogging intervals in there so I was absolutely puffed! Haha, not as fit as I use to be and it's hard work with all these extra kg's again...feeling good now though :) and still 180 cals gone! That's my key this time around. If I'm really not feeling energetic (which is most mornings :P) then I do at least 30 mins and see how I go. I don't want to push myself to exhaustion, it has to be within my means so I don't burn out. And the food, well, I don't even have to think about that, it's great! :mrgreen:

I can feel my wobbly belly getting smaller, I am very happy, even just losing a few kilos. I am going to take up date photos every 5kg lost to record me slowly slimming down. I aim to be at goal by November next year and my aim at the moment is 60kg so just other another 33kg to go haha.

I have to say I was feeling quite MEH yesterday and my stomach was a bit sore and I was just HUNGRY! I was really worried I'd get overcome and eat something naughty (I was craving Subway like crazy on the way home!) But I was excited about dinner (roast chicken YUM!) and then I had an apple sultana pancake and a cup of chai and I was right as rain :) A good night's sleep later and I am feeling like I can keep going! :)

Will see how this weekend away goes...lol. I don't want to be too strict on myself because I haven't had a proper holiday in awhile and I think I deserve a break but what I aim to do is eat healthily, try to have lite n easy for breakfast and lunch and if we go out to dinner, find a healthy yet filling option. And not worry so much about the beers, so long as I'm eating well and being a bit active, I think I'll be okay :) Then back to it on Monday and NEW JOBBY!!!

I never thought I'd get one because I have no experience but something came up really suddenly and it all worked out :) Very excited!

Hope you have a good day Terry! :)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:56 pm

My partner told me tonight "bring your hiking boots, you'll need them" for our trip to Noosa tomorrow. All I can say is HELL YEAH!!! Really can't wait to get out walking through the national park! Bring on some extra exercising because frankly, there is going to be drinking of beer :P And possibly a not so great dinner (although I want to try and find something as healthy as possible). I'm so close to this month's goal so I will be really trying to work toward NOT eating too many bad foods. I'd like to eat healthy and just have some beers and do some walking and hopefully it will balance out and at least maintain over the weekend. Fingers crossed! :)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:40 pm

Ohhh I hate the destruction along the way but hey we still have to enjoy life while loosing weight!
Just keep drinking you water especially just before a meal it has helped me in the past though I could use some of my advise myself hahahaha

Enjoy yourself dear and go break a leg :mrgreen:
I like the "bring your hiking boots, you'll need them" hahahahaha...
Have a blast
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:51 pm

We did indeed hike while we were away! But we also ate out both lunches and dinners and well, the beer...hmmmm :P Needless to say, I did NOT weigh myself on Monday haha. I didn't buy any bad food though, I had the lunches and dinners but didn't really snack too much in between hoorah :) Baby steps! Anyway, just checking in.... new job is awesome and I'm on track with eating. Only 1 day of exercise so far though LOL. I'll get use to the routine and get back into it though :)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:59 pm

I wonder how you are doing my weightloss buddy :)...

Me uuuhm lets see...
The exercise part of it is on par. I still maintained spinning 45 mins 5 times a week and every Saturday 1h:30mins so I have been going 6 times a week and I rest on Sunday. I am talking hardcore spin, that pumps up the heart rate and leave you sweating like a banshee :lol: and the eating part is terrible, I mean really terrible :oops: not really suprised since December has always been that way. I can see that I am gaining weight regardless of the fact that I train so hard yes I am not gaining as hectic as it would have been if I wasnt but I cannot wait for this month to be over and get down to business with the food...
There isnt much I can do about it now since I know my surroundings and if I would promise myself and you that I will stop Id be lying through my teeth hahahaha however I do promise not to default in spinning as I love it so much, I thought I should just stick to it the whole of next year and see...

I hope you are doing great Shell
Miss you lots...
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:30 pm

I'm sooooo sorry T, I'm back and hating myself again! It's so hard to control eating and exercise :( but determined for this year to be even more awesome than it already is so here goes again!!! C'monnnnnn down my lovely weight loss bud!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:38 pm

Where are you at my love how much do you weigh at the moment?
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:46 pm

Not sure yet, haven't had the guts to check! :oops: I will give it a week or so trying to eat better and get some exercise in again then I will face the music...

NO procrastinating this time and no huge long winded posts. This is what is happening, this is how much I've lost, this is what I stuffed up this week is what I'll be doing, keeping it simple and not stressing myself out but still doing something about it.
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:33 pm

I'M BACK... :roll:

Seriously, I am completely off track and hating myself for it. Had an epic and harsh chat with my partner over the weekend and have decided enough is enough.

I go to Utah in 8 weeks and would really like to shift some weight before then. Even 5kg to lighten the load and increase my energy levels!!! Anyway, I'm not going to do the usual rant on how "this time things will be different" because I ALWAYS say that :roll:

But every aspect of my life is actually going awesomely right now, EXCEPT for my accumulation of rolls :P So, here goes... Take 5284

Starting weight: I have no idea yet and will probably cry when I check
Goal weight: Look, over all, I'd be happy with 75kg, I'm not gonna lie to myself any longer.

What is new...

Well, I got a new job about 9 months ago which I LOVE. But admin work so sitting on my butt all day! Helps with food though because I don't get very hungry and stick to mainly yoghurt, shakes and fruit.

Building a house at the moment too :shock:

Going O/S in 8 weeks...

Writing a novel...

BUT still battling with the bulge.

Sas, you still there? I'm sorry for leaving!!! :(
- Shelley

ganymede

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges