It is currently Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:17 am

Free Newsletter

Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby Sassyt » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:44 pm

Hey Shel
I responded to your a PM I hope it was delivered to you coz I see its in my outbox :? Anyhoo I am still around. Havent been in the forum lately though. I am sooooo glad you are back. You know the effect you have in me so I am doing this with you. Please dont leave me again :lol: .

I weighed yesterday and I weighed in @ 94.8kg I will weigh again next week Monday and see. I went back to spinning (which I have always loved) My goal weight really would be 68-70 kg but you know from 76kg I am always comfortable and happy with my physique. But honestly shifting 10kg right now would make a huge difference and would put a smile on my face.

Your trip to Utah is in 8 weeks and if our past is anything to go by you would have lost atleast 10kg by then :wink: so lets get on it.

Please weight and let me know where you at and lets get moving. I must say you couldnt have come back at a better time than now... #teamsummerbodies# #teamsexy# :P
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:04 pm

Good to see you back...if you are still fighting - you are still in the game. Good job.

I love the way you gals support each other. Keep at it...and keep being accountable to each other! :D 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Sassyt » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:43 pm

Thanks Kim
I am so looking forward to this journey with Shelly we did wonders the last time we pushed each other... I feel great already. Please keep around and cheer us on and give us tough love when we need it as this journey has so much ups and downs...
Tee :D
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:24 pm

Sassyt wrote:Hey Shel
I responded to your a PM I hope it was delivered to you coz I see its in my outbox :? Anyhoo I am still around. Havent been in the forum lately though. I am sooooo glad you are back. You know the effect you have in me so I am doing this with you. Please dont leave me again :lol: .

I weighed yesterday and I weighed in @ 94.8kg I will weigh again next week Monday and see. I went back to spinning (which I have always loved) My goal weight really would be 68-70 kg but you know from 76kg I am always comfortable and happy with my physique. But honestly shifting 10kg right now would make a huge difference and would put a smile on my face.

Your trip to Utah is in 8 weeks and if our past is anything to go by you would have lost atleast 10kg by then :wink: so lets get on it.

Please weight and let me know where you at and lets get moving. I must say you couldnt have come back at a better time than now... #teamsummerbodies# #teamsexy# :P

I just saw your PM, let's do this!

I couldn't do it without you Terry, I am ready to get this ball rolling again!

We can smash that weight like we did before! I am going to weigh in tomorrow and will probably cry a lot then get angry and get active :lol: That's the hope anyway...

10kg you say? Is that a challenge!? ;)

YES, summer bodies and fit looking legs! ;) hahaha.
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:43 pm

I say it is a challenge... 8 weeks 10 kg down. Agh we did this we are going to do it again... The energy is buzzing now that you are back :D :D :D . Weigh in and tell me where you at... No crying :mrgreen:

I know the feeling, Just like I said your coming back timing is so perfect. I am happy for years lol...

Lets make it official after you have weighed. We need to set up a weigh in day and then set up goals you know the works :wink: ...
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:31 pm

Sassyt wrote:I say it is a challenge... 8 weeks 10 kg down. Agh we did this we are going to do it again... The energy is buzzing now that you are back :D :D :D . Weigh in and tell me where you at... No crying :mrgreen:

I know the feeling, Just like I said your coming back timing is so perfect. I am happy for years lol...

Lets make it official after you have weighed. We need to set up a weigh in day and then set up goals you know the works :wink: ...

A HUGE challenge!!!! :shock: But I'm down! I probably won't cry but I will feel mighty terrible and self conscious but that is a GOOD thing! It will make me do something about it! Basically, there is this walk in Utah called 'The Narrows' and it is an epic journey and wading through water and can be quite dangerous if it rains. I want to do this without my partner waiting for my gigantic arse to catch up and looking at me like "you could have done something about this" and me feeling horrible :( He only does it because he worries about me, I know that. I have let him down soooo many times and I really don't want to do it again. He has downright refused to do any really long hikes with me until I get myself sorted. Which is fair enough. The last hike we did which was about 18-20km (I nearly DIED), my toenails went black and they still are...lol.

So YES. We MUST!!!! If I can lose even 5kg that will make a big different! But 10kg is the aim! But after that I will slow down to a realistic crawl so to speak and we can have a long chat about what we think is achievable :)

Sas, I'm so excited :) And so glad to be back!
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby ganymede » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:34 pm

Blitz wrote:Good to see you back...if you are still fighting - you are still in the game. Good job.

I love the way you gals support each other. Keep at it...and keep being accountable to each other! :D 8)

Kim

Thanks Kim! It's an on going battle but I want to get ahead again!

I really don't know how I would have done it without Terry's incredible help :) We have gone through our fair share of ups and downs! I'm ready for some ups!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:56 pm

Lol @ "my partner waiting for my gigantic arse to catch up" you killed me with laughter... Please do not be hard on yourself whats good is you are here now and you never gave up complitely... I know you are going to be jumping on your scale 3 times a day come December... If we pull the numbers we have pulled before, soon we will be singing another tune... I really admire the support you get from your partner it is just adorable. Some just give up when you loose your way...

How long is your trip to Utah? I wanna keep the fire burning right through...

I get the slow and steady approach but we just got back to it we bound to loose a little more coz it is the beginning... 10kg in 2 months is not so big I think... I would still be chuffed loosing 5 though. Ok lets just say nothing less than 5kg in 2 months that doesnt sound so bad :mrgreen:

I cant wait for your weigh in tomorrow :)
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:06 pm

Sassyt wrote:Lol @ "my partner waiting for my gigantic arse to catch up" you killed me with laughter... Please do not be hard on yourself whats good is you are here now and you never gave up complitely... I know you are going to be jumping on your scale 3 times a day come December... If we pull the numbers we have pulled before, soon we will be singing another tune... I really admire the support you get from your partner it is just adorable. Some just give up when you loose your way...

How long is your trip to Utah? I wanna keep the fire burning right through...

I get the slow and steady approach but we just got back to it we bound to loose a little more coz it is the beginning... 10kg in 2 months is not so big I think... I would still be chuffed loosing 5 though. Ok lets just say nothing less than 5kg in 2 months that doesnt sound so bad :mrgreen:

I cant wait for your weigh in tomorrow :)

:lol: It's the absolute truth though! Sometimes I wonder if I've deviated off the path into the wilderness because I don't see him for ages then I finally catch up like :shock: and out of breath and it's just so embarrassing! I think I DID give up for awhile there, like I just couldn't get back into it and kept deluding myself a LOT. But now I'm ready and yes, my partner has been awesome through all of this but he really did give me an extreme, stern talking to and it was such an eye opener.

We will be in Utah for 3 weeks!!! I have NO idea what I'm going to eat... I have a meat intolerance and it's AMERICA... :shock: I'm thinking I'll keep a bag of fruit and trail mix in the car or something for snacks and hopefully be able to find some food that won't make my arteries turn instant chunky at just the sight of the portion lol. I've been told you can pretty much order an entree for a main. BUT we will be pretty active I think, or at least we will be doing a few walks and some adventuring and a fair bit of driving .

Okay, no LESS than 5kg and every kg over is a total bonus :) I want to aim high for now and ease off once I lose the bit of weight I will prob put back on on holidays, although we will be moving house once we get back, that should keep the kg's off! :P

Ugh, I'm so nervous... :( there is a part of my brain saying "What if you're triple digits again?" And to be honest with myself, it's entirely possible. I REALLY hope not but I'm not holding my breath...
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:18 am

Okay, here goes... :(

Starting weight: 99.95kg (thankfully NOT triple digits but very close...)
Goal weight before Utah: 89.95kg
Overall goal weight: 75kg (followed by maintenance and reevaluation)

Have had a good start this morning (besides that horrible first weigh in, though I'm glad I bit the bullet...). I have decided to have breakfast at work before I start (I start at 7:30am), so that I'm not ravenous by morning tea time which isn't until 11am. The great thing about my job is because I sit down all day, I don't get as hungry as I did with my previous job BUT I was also more active in my other job...so I will still do 30 mins of walking a day and increase as the energy levels climb again.

As for calories, I'll be sitting just under 1200 cals a day. I know, I know, naughty naughty, that's too little! I will see how I go today and reevaluate BUT this is only to jump start, I don't intend on doing this the entire time, just to shed the first 10 or so kg's then settle into a maintainable eating plan.

I looked back on the photos I had taken when I was around 76-77kg and OH MY GOODNESS, I looked so good :( And somehow back then I was still striving to kick the kg's to the curb. Now I'd KILL to be that weight again! Hell, to be 80kg again I'd be doing an almighty jig! So, in a way this break has been good because my expectations aren't as high, I just want to lose some kg's to feel lighter and be healthier. And I'm not setting an insane goal of 60kg because I'd just be happy to sit in the 70's again.

What day is your weigh in day, T?
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:17 pm

I expected worst. Atleast now we both know where we are at and we know where we wanna go. I have always had a "sit down all day" job I so wanna change that and get into marketing. But it has always been great for me coz I am alway good during the day, sometimes even after gym and sometimes not so good. Point is this kind of a job is not so so bad it keeps you in check during the day. You seem to be loving your new job too.

Talk about pics from the 70's I always look at them and be like "why, why, why"!!!??? I know where I went wrong and I shall never ever. Maintanance is most crucial in this game. So once we get there we gotta be extra careful about maintanance But hey if we put our minds to it like we know how to come September we will be right there. I know it coz we have done it once we can do it again.

I like to weigh in on a Monday. What date is suitable for you coz I would like for us to weigh in on the same day. I can change Monday to any day you prefer.

Keep your head up high and lets do this 8)
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Sassyt wrote:I expected worst. Atleast now we both know where we are at and we know where we wanna go. I have always had a "sit down all day" job I so wanna change that and get into marketing. But it has always been great for me coz I am alway good during the day, sometimes even after gym and sometimes not so good. Point is this kind of a job is not so so bad it keeps you in check during the day. You seem to be loving your new job too.

Talk about pics from the 70's I always look at them and be like "why, why, why"!!!??? I know where I went wrong and I shall never ever. Maintanance is most crucial in this game. So once we get there we gotta be extra careful about maintanance But hey if we put our minds to it like we know how to come September we will be right there. I know it coz we have done it once we can do it again.

I like to weigh in on a Monday. What date is suitable for you coz I would like for us to weigh in on the same day. I can change Monday to any day you prefer.

Keep your head up high and lets do this 8)

This is very true, I do find it so much easier not to eat tonnes of food in a sit down job because I literally don't need it. My main struggle is between lunch a dinner :shock: I'm enjoying my dinner immensely right now!!!! Today was hard... well, it wasn't too bad up until I started getting hungry late this arvo and still had to go for a walk. Did 20 mins, not fantastic but it was getting dark and the cold was making my ears hurt. Sure beats saying 'nah' and sitting on my butt instead.

I kept having the most random cravings though. I was literally fantasising about eating a slice of tomato with salt and pepper on it...but why? LOL. I know it will get easier, I just need to keep at it. Considering making a 'montague' wall paper on my computer of me at under 80kg as a motivation every day :lol:

And you're right :) We get each other through the many hard times we've faced over the years and come out on top. This time will be no different! But I just, I don't want to do it AGAIN. Like after this, I'm not sure I could do it again so I really want to make this count and when the kg's creep up say past 3kg gain, a swift "SHELLEY WTF ARE YOU DOING!!?!?! STOP!!!!"

So glad I just missed out on the 100kg mark. I swore I'd NEVER see 103kg again (my biggest) and I stick by that!!!!! Let's do this!!!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:27 pm

Maintenance...that's the interesting battle. Heaps have been written about losing weight but you will be lucky to find in any of those books anything but a few pages of platitudes about how to keep it off. It isn't the same game. When you are losing weight there is a number for you to shoot for - aand the kudos for reaching it. But maintaining...where's the glory in just staying the same? In the end it's vigilance without glory. That is very character building - and tough! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Sassyt » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:37 pm

Blitz wrote:Maintenance...that's the interesting battle. Heaps have been written about losing weight but you will be lucky to find in any of those books anything but a few pages of platitudes about how to keep it off. It isn't the same game. When you are losing weight there is a number for you to shoot for - aand the kudos for reaching it. But maintaining...where's the glory in just staying the same? In the end it's vigilance without glory. That is very character building - and tough! 8)

Kim

Hey Kim
I have noticed its harder loosing weight when you have done it before that is why I know once I get there again most of my effort will go into maintenance. First time loosing weight was easier than the second and the third and so forth times I been trying *smh*...

I couldnt thank Shell more for coming back now to keep me incheck. I am hoping I will not have any distructions this time around :twisted:
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:30 pm

Sick as a dog right now :( will check in once I feel better. This seems to happen every time I get on track again. My body's way of saying "you've been abusing me for far too long". A bit of a set back being sick but will spend the weekend in bed and hopefully get back into it come Monday :)
- Shelley

ganymede

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges