It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby Sassyt » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:36 pm

Nooo, sorry dear. Thats what happened to me the last time. Only I went on quite alright for 6 good weeks then got a killer flue that lasted for over a week. I hope you feel better soon :) Take care
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby Blitz » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:07 am

One of my sisters has spent a lifetime dieting - losing weight and then regaining it. I knew from watching her struggle that I didn't want that. I never attempted to lose weight except this one time. I always told myself that if I was going to lose weight I wasn't going to play around with it. It was all the way or nothing.

My mindset about maintenance has always been that I'm basically a too lazy person to lose all that weight twice...once was enough for me - keeping it off is easier than taking it off. :shock: :D

Take care of that cold...you've got work to do when you've recovered! :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
User avatar
Blitz
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Perth WA

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby ganymede » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:02 pm

And I'm back :) Still sniffly but feeling much better so back to it tomorrow! ;) No weigh in this week but will weigh in next week :) Hope you are doing well, T!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
User avatar
ganymede
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby Sassyt » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:45 pm

Oh so glad you are back. I was holding my breath that you get back. I will only get to weigh today I could not go to gym yesterday and I only weigh at gym. I had my sister visiting. I will let you know how much I weigh. Not really holding my breath for a loss though we had a little splurge with my sister lol...

We shall see though :)
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby Sassyt » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:56 pm

:oops: I weighed yesterday and I only lost 200grams hahahahaha
Happy about the loss, I really expected a little gain after the splurge my sister and I had. I am on the right track though. I am however not expecting a big loss for next week too. I am going away with friends from tomorrow right up till Sunday.There is no guessing what we will get up to :oops: . Nevertheless I still keep the fire burning at the gym till then. I guess after all that we will be seeing chunk of fat falling off me after this weekend. In between loosing the weight there is life that hinders the process. It is part of the journey.

How are you doing Shel hun?
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby ganymede » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Sassyt wrote::oops: I weighed yesterday and I only lost 200grams hahahahaha
Happy about the loss, I really expected a little gain after the splurge my sister and I had. I am on the right track though. I am however not expecting a big loss for next week too. I am going away with friends from tomorrow right up till Sunday.There is no guessing what we will get up to :oops: . Nevertheless I still keep the fire burning at the gym till then. I guess after all that we will be seeing chunk of fat falling off me after this weekend. In between loosing the weight there is life that hinders the process. It is part of the journey.

How are you doing Shel hun?


A loss is a loss my dear and a great effort considering you had some naughty food! :) And sometimes life does get in the way but that isn't going to change once we shift the weight so we just have to take it in stride and work extra hard to get the weight back off!

I am doing okay, food has been terrible and no exercise due to sickness. Feeling much better now though and my back is SO sore today, I really need a nice long walk to stretch out. Considering shifting my calories during the day too as for lunch I literally had a shake, a carrot and some greek blue berry yoghurt and I'm so fricken bloated, I feel like my stomach has increased tenfold haha. And I feel so so full and afternoon is when I get hungry and snack because I have no energy. So I'm thinking lunch can just be a shake and a carrot and then have a arvo snack before I head for a walk (piece of fruit or something) etc.

So, anyway, basically NOT weighing in this week because whenever I'm sick with a cold I just feel like eating the entire universe. Will continue on and miss the Monday coming then weigh in the Monday after. Really want to kick some kg's in the butt!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
User avatar
ganymede
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby Sassyt » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:49 pm

Aaawh, get better soon I need the fueling vibe from you that always keep me going. Never give up. I know what you mean about the flue hey, I would be well in my low 80s had it not been for flue. It was really terrible and even when it was over I could not get back on track, I went on with my bad eating habits and no exercise for 6 weeks. I am glad we are back here and mean business. I know 1 thing though once I loose this weight again I will never ever, ever gain it back again.

So this weekend is going to be a hectic one for me hey, I however want to weigh on Monday just that feeling of knowing I have scale to face on Monday will go a long way in tearms of what I will put in my mouth. I really want to wear all my sexy clothes again and that aint happening if I keep falling off so I am going to be really mindful of what I do.

My weekend starts tonight so I am only having fruits during the day to save some calories for tonight even then I will not go overboard. But I still have to live life afterall.

Keep your head high my friend, once you get back to it your body aches for exercise. Its only the first few days that are hard. Lets go for Gold Together!!!
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby ganymede » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:37 pm

Sassyt wrote:Aaawh, get better soon I need the fueling vibe from you that always keep me going. Never give up. I know what you mean about the flue hey, I would be well in my low 80s had it not been for flue. It was really terrible and even when it was over I could not get back on track, I went on with my bad eating habits and no exercise for 6 weeks. I am glad we are back here and mean business. I know 1 thing though once I loose this weight again I will never ever, ever gain it back again.

So this weekend is going to be a hectic one for me hey, I however want to weigh on Monday just that feeling of knowing I have scale to face on Monday will go a long way in tearms of what I will put in my mouth. I really want to wear all my sexy clothes again and that aint happening if I keep falling off so I am going to be really mindful of what I do.

My weekend starts tonight so I am only having fruits during the day to save some calories for tonight even then I will not go overboard. But I still have to live life afterall.

Keep your head high my friend, once you get back to it your body aches for exercise. Its only the first few days that are hard. Lets go for Gold Together!!!


Goal 1: Have work pants that fit again!!! lol. At present I only do up one button... Did my 25 mins of walking, super tired now but know it will get easier, just gotta push through it :)

Try your best to at least have healthy meals and for snacks you can always have something small. Don't complete refuse yourself and of the good foods otherwise you will be more inclined to go overboard.

Anyway, I'm tired and hungry and need a hot shower!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
User avatar
ganymede
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby Sassyt » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:07 am

I tried my level best. We shall see on Monday how and where I am at... Uhhhh um so glad u r back walking. So the scales will be going south 4 both of us... Lets keep the fire burning................
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby ganymede » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:46 am

Sassyt wrote:I tried my level best. We shall see on Monday how and where I am at... Uhhhh um so glad u r back walking. So the scales will be going south 4 both of us... Lets keep the fire burning................


It has been hard and NOT easy at all but it is always a struggle. We will get there, I know we will :)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
User avatar
ganymede
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby Blitz » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:16 pm

It will get easier once you re-establish those healthy lifestyle routines. :D

Keep at it girls! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
User avatar
Blitz
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Perth WA

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby ganymede » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:37 pm

SAS :(

I am so, so sorry...I've been terribly apathetic and failing AGAIN. Why do I keep doing this to myself!? Been so very busy and using that as a good excuse not to try. Off to Utah in a week and haven't lost a THING :( My only saving grace is that I'm still sitting at 99.95kg so I must have been doing at least something to maintain my weight...

Anyway, my partner has absolutely had enough of my false promises and I totally don't blame him! I feel fricken terrible right now :( All the lows involved with this struggle. I weighed myself and cried in the shower and changed my mind about getting take away even though I was suppose to drive up for Father's Day but I just CAN'T :( I feel so guilty and so stupid....I hate myself! Urgh.
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
User avatar
ganymede
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby Blitz » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:46 pm

You haven't failed. You are still in the game - that means you are battling on! :D

Ok - stuff happened but don't waste the lesson. Learn from where you went wrong. You can't change the past but if you learn skills from it then you will not repeat it in the future.

You have a week left. Use it to build yourself up. In a week you can lose some weight and more importantly put some solid skills and actions in place to keep yourself healthy during your holiday. Weight management isn't about getting it off for a holiday - it's for life. There are no holidays in weight loss...so work on your healthy lifestyle even when you are in Utah.

Beating up on your self isn't productive. Just use this experience to springboard yourself to a better place and give success a chance. :D

You are human. That means that there will be times when you fail to live up to the expectations that you've set for yourself. We all slip up...character isn't about not failing...character is about what you do next. True champions of character pick themselves off the floor and strive harder to win through. It is the hard testing that the diamond shines bright! 8)

I believe that you can do it...do you dare to believe too?
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
User avatar
Blitz
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Perth WA

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby Sassyt » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:11 pm

How are you doing now my friend?
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby Royalte » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:46 pm

Blitz wrote:One of my sisters has spent a lifetime dieting - losing weight and then regaining it. I knew from watching her struggle that I didn't want that. I never attempted to lose weight except this one time. I always told myself that if I was going to lose weight I wasn't going to play around with it. It was all the way or nothing.

My mindset about maintenance has always been that I'm basically a too lazy person to lose all that weight twice...once was enough for me - keeping it off is easier than taking it off. :shock: :D

Take care of that cold...you've got work to do when you've recovered! :lol:

Kim



I know exactly what you mean!! This is the first time ive tried to lose it and it will be my only lol
Image
Royalte
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:24 am

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests