It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:10 am

Free Newsletter

Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby Sassyt » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:08 pm

Second time is harder than the first time.
:evil:
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby ganymede » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:20 am

Here I am again...

Oh Sas, I'm so sorry lol.

Between moving and getting the house sorted and unpacking, I have had absolutely NO time and have only managed to get internet this week (and it's still not working properly!)

But I am ready and I don't care that it's close to Christmas, I don't care about making Xmas day a goal then eating myself silly. This is a life time choice and life will always get in the way so I'm not going to delay it any longer.

What say you, T? ;)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
User avatar
ganymede
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby Sassyt » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:21 pm

LOL :lol: It is a lifetime battle my love.
I am known for being terrible during this time of the year. I cannot tell you how much parties are upcoming for me especially this week. I never go anywhere close to the scale all I do is keep the fire burning with the gym... I think the next time I weigh will be Jan sometime.

Welcome back. I never really stopped training but I can tell you my numbers are not too good :lol: I will however sort it out in the next year when I start with the "clean food"... Lifetime battle my friend, Lifetime battle...
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby ganymede » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:04 am

:lol: I know what this time of year is like! It's always the one time of year I fail, without a doubt. But this year I want to make different. Besides seeing family and a few catch ups with friends I'll pretty much be hibernating over Christmas, avoiding spending money and working on my novel :P

My first "challenge" is to absolutely smash it over the next 4 weeks. Work is quieting down with the approach of Christmas, I don't have any Christmas plans except this Friday night (but I'll be designated driver so that won't be a problem) and I have shy of 2 weeks off over Xmas. I want to exercise everyday...

Now, the reason why I'm doing this is because I know myself FAR too well and for me, having a massive drop at the beginning to get the ball rolling has always been a massive motivational factor for me. I'll have the time to exercise for at least an hour each day, I'm going to get my partner to buy me shakes for Christmas (lol, weird present but oh well) and this last time I did it this hard out, I lost 10kg in a month.

NOT saying I will hit as much this time but I'll sure as hell try :)

Getting such a huge chunk out of the way will make me feel and look good enough to get myself to keep on going... I know that's silly but it's how my brain works haha. Besides, knocking off a chunk of weight is going to make EVERYTHING easier. My work pants will finally fit properly, I will feel more energetic, exercise will be easier without my fat arse having its own gravitational pull.

Currently, my final aim is around the 75kg mark. That's what I got to before... my usual aim is 60kg but I'm not going to delude myself. I look back on photos from when I was about 76kg and I look incredible...seriously, a bit of toning etc could easily make me look awesome at that weight so that's the realistic aim!

Have started out good this morning. Yesterday wasn't TOO bad but by no means great (friend came over to help fix our internet and there were beers...and I didn't get to go for my walk because I didn't wanna be rude and just leave)

Weight loss take 523 begins now...
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
User avatar
ganymede
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby Sassyt » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:55 pm

lol, lol, lol....
I am laughing because everything you say could have been said by myself....
ganymede wrote::lol:
Now, the reason why I'm doing this is because I know myself FAR too well and for me, having a massive drop at the beginning to get the ball rolling has always been a massive motivational factor for me. I'll have the time to exercise for at least an hour each day,

Getting such a huge chunk out of the way will make me feel and look good enough to get myself to keep on going... I know that's silly but it's how my brain works haha. Besides, knocking off a chunk of weight is going to make EVERYTHING easier. My work pants will finally fit properly, I will feel more energetic, exercise will be easier without my fat arse having its own gravitational pull.

Currently, my final aim is around the 75kg mark. That's what I got to before... my usual aim is 60kg but I'm not going to delude myself. I look back on photos from when I was about 76kg and I look incredible...seriously, a bit of toning etc could easily make me look awesome at that weight so that's the realistic aim!
...


everything that I quoted is precisely how I am...
The only difference is I cannot do it at this point, seriously. The reality for me is December is too hectic for me to loose weight. At least I maintain coz I do my spinning everyday. So here is the deal. I will focus on what I eat on the 2nd of Jan, with the spin and my weight lifting I will get to my goal weight in June. That is a promise lol...

Are you writing a novel or reading it??? Lol...
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby ganymede » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:05 am

Sassyt wrote:lol, lol, lol....
I am laughing because everything you say could have been said by myself....
ganymede wrote::lol:
Now, the reason why I'm doing this is because I know myself FAR too well and for me, having a massive drop at the beginning to get the ball rolling has always been a massive motivational factor for me. I'll have the time to exercise for at least an hour each day,

Getting such a huge chunk out of the way will make me feel and look good enough to get myself to keep on going... I know that's silly but it's how my brain works haha. Besides, knocking off a chunk of weight is going to make EVERYTHING easier. My work pants will finally fit properly, I will feel more energetic, exercise will be easier without my fat arse having its own gravitational pull.

Currently, my final aim is around the 75kg mark. That's what I got to before... my usual aim is 60kg but I'm not going to delude myself. I look back on photos from when I was about 76kg and I look incredible...seriously, a bit of toning etc could easily make me look awesome at that weight so that's the realistic aim!
...


everything that I quoted is precisely how I am...
The only difference is I cannot do it at this point, seriously. The reality for me is December is too hectic for me to loose weight. At least I maintain coz I do my spinning everyday. So here is the deal. I will focus on what I eat on the 2nd of Jan, with the spin and my weight lifting I will get to my goal weight in June. That is a promise lol...

Are you writing a novel or reading it??? Lol...


:lol: I am so glad to have you as my weight loss buddy, T! We are so alike in many, many ways... I understand December is a hectic period :) There will be a couple of unavoidable events for me too (my work Christmas party, Christmas day and my friend has returns from England for 5 weeks so catch ups with him are always...indulgent lol)

I am just taking advantage of the fact I have almost 2 weeks off and am going to be a hermit :P My partner still has to work so chances are I'll just stay at home and get my butt into gear!

Then January, IT IS ON :mrgreen: I finally got my digital scales up and running and weighed myself this morning...

99.6kg :x :cry:

I'm sticking with a starting weight of 100kg because I may have lost a little bit this week already. I'm so cranky with myself! You know, if I hadn't blown out and been a complete tool with my food and exercise this last year or so, I'd be passed my goal and then some! In fact, if I work out HOW many times I've done this and how much I've lost all up, it'd be something like 40kg :( HOW STUPID GRRRR!

I can't let this happen again! I won't!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
User avatar
ganymede
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby Sassyt » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:34 pm

Almost everytime I read your comments I always giggle coz I am like "oh but hang on thats me"...

I was thinking 2 nights before I was thinking if I did not fall off the wagon I would be weighing 65kg or so and wearing everything I like. Instead I am sitting at 90 what what kg and miserable...

And then I thought but then again I will not be this fat forever, thats a given lol so I have a game plan like I did before and I have made a promise to myself that I can never go through the "having to loose" phase again. It is so bloody hard. I am doing this for the last time from Jan hahahahaha.

Procrastination, Procrastination I know :roll: but I am being realistic really... I know myself far to well, I have lived with me for 31 years now hahahahahahahah...... If I thought I can loose weight now I will be setting myself for failure and I would be dilusional coz even at my lowest weight I always pick up in December but of course its always managable in Jan so we have a DEAL...

I know you will be somewhat ahead of me by the time I start but I will race you to the finish line my friend :D ...

I am spinning it though... all the way till I eat right...
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby ganymede » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:58 pm

I need a head start seeing as I just tipped 100kg :( Plus Christmas is different for me, I'm not forward to just staying home and writing my novel (yes, I'm going to be one of THOSE people who is obsessed and stuck in their own little bubble :lol: )

I need to do it though, I need to jump start myself. And I completely agree, T. We've done it time and time again but I'm sick of doing it. I'm tired of it. This time is for good. I'm making a pact to myself and to you T, this will NEVER happen again! It will be hard, yes but when is it not going to be? WHEN WE REACH GOAL lol. Even then, it will always be a struggle but not being hungry and able to be just that touch more lenient will help. At the moment though, I'm bringing out the big guns again... ie. time for shakes! I just need that push in the right direction.

I almost failed today. Almost. I was so close. I was like, man, I've had a migraine ALL day and I feel like crud and I'm so hungry... I had a little more dinner than I intended but I still managed to creep in under cals for the day. I didn't exercise those which was a bummer but whenever I was moving too much my head would get worse again. It's eased up now though :)

Hmmm... you know those people you have in your life that despite how much you claim not to care what they think, you still secretly do? I'm seeing one of those people tomorrow. I don't know why I care, it really makes no sense. But that person will be another factor to keep me going...the thought of seeing friends and family down the track, maybe after not seeing them for awhile and being like TADA :wink: Yep, worth it!

We've been battling too long and too hard to give up now, T! Enjoy letting your hair down a bit over Christmas but come January 2nd...IT'S ON!!! I started a January challenge too to get us extra motivated ;)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
User avatar
ganymede
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby Sassyt » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:17 pm

I will check it out and boy I am so in...
You speak of today and I am like "I am so full, I dont even care" today they are throwing me a farewell party at work as I am leaving for another branch, new career and new town... Which is really exciting for me. I am moving on the 30th of December :D *whoop, whoop*
Tomorrow I have a Xmas Party, now tell me how can I be on a diet mode? lol but yeah lets do this together I wanna see you here in June please promise me? I sure will be here...
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby ganymede » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:44 pm

I PROMISE. I need to promise so that I feel bad if I do leave and come straight back :lol:

Doing well over Christmas is definitely hard and I hope you enjoy this time of relaxation and yummy eating because IT WILL NOT LAST FOR LONG :P Okay, okay, maybe I'm being a little melodramatic... :)

Exciting times ahead for you! Congratulations on the move, I hope it all goes well! I'm not feeling very hungry today which is awesome lol. I haven't had any morning tea yet, maybe I can just push on til lunch time...

I am already feeling better about myself just from this few days doing well. And it will gradually get easier as the kg's come off. I think the main thing is, I need to try and be happy with myself through each stage of this. ie, I'm not any where near the weight I want to be but I am looking better every day and I just have to make the most of it.

Anyway, I'm tired, it's Friday and I can't wait to go home!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
User avatar
ganymede
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby DD Diva » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:46 pm

ganymede wrote:Doing well over Christmas is definitely hard and I hope you enjoy this time of relaxation and yummy eating because IT WILL NOT LAST FOR LONG :P Okay, okay, maybe I'm being a little melodramatic... :)

I don't think you're not being melodramatic, though there a slight suggestiveness that we must "eat for tomorrow we may die" which is sad. :( Of course this time of year is somewhat more difficult with temptation around us everywhere, but instead of seeing it as a licence to dive in head first into Christmas trimmings why not just surrender a little, give yourself permission to enjoy A FEW of the treats that make it such a special time of year, but (what for it) in MODERATION! Not only will that minimise the guilt (that we all know only too well after a "blow out") :oops: but you won't feel defeated, and in fact, you will feel more inclined to push on, and challenge yourself to undo any (small/temporary) damage on the scales! It's not just food that our bodies need to survive, our spirits need hope to get us through everyday. Be kind to yourself, eat, drink and be merry but in moderation!

Have a wonderful Christmas, and enjoy yourself. :wink: And remember, no matter what happens, you've done well (so far) and you should be very very proud of yourself! :)
DD Diva
 

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby ganymede » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:24 pm

DD Diva wrote:
ganymede wrote:Doing well over Christmas is definitely hard and I hope you enjoy this time of relaxation and yummy eating because IT WILL NOT LAST FOR LONG :P Okay, okay, maybe I'm being a little melodramatic... :)

I don't think you're not being melodramatic, though there a slight suggestiveness that we must "eat for tomorrow we may die" which is sad. :( Of course this time of year is somewhat more difficult with temptation around us everywhere, but instead of seeing it as a licence to dive in head first into Christmas trimmings why not just surrender a little, give yourself permission to enjoy A FEW of the treats that make it such a special time of year, but (what for it) in MODERATION! Not only will that minimise the guilt (that we all know only too well after a "blow out") :oops: but you won't feel defeated, and in fact, you will feel more inclined to push on, and challenge yourself to undo any (small/temporary) damage on the scales! It's not just food that our bodies need to survive, our spirits need hope to get us through everyday. Be kind to yourself, eat, drink and be merry but in moderation!

Have a wonderful Christmas, and enjoy yourself. :wink: And remember, no matter what happens, you've done well (so far) and you should be very very proud of yourself! :)


Hey Diva,

There will still be a couple of events over Christmas - my friend has just returned from England for 5 weeks so that's bound to be one big night! Christmas day I am not so fussed over as we aren't having it at home this year. Seeing as I cannot eat meat, I will be making some yummy, healthy vege food for the day which should help keep the unwanted cals at bay. I may have a couple of drinks but nothing over the top.

The reason why I am being so hard on myself over Christmas is because I have been putting it off for far too long. We were going through construction with our house then moving in...then there was a transition period of figuring out cooking meals for two people instead of one. So enough excuses from me and more action.

Also, seeing as I have two weeks off with zero money and no desire to go out constantly, I am going to take full advantage of that and really smash the exercise and food each day to get a head start. From there, results, results!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
User avatar
ganymede
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby ganymede » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:43 pm

Monday 9th December - 100kg

Monday 30th December - 94kg

Monday 27th January - 89kg

Monday 24th February - 84kg

Monday 24th March - 79kg

Monday 21st April - 76kg

Monday 19th May - 74kg

...from there, who knows?

My goal is to hit what I was before which was hovering around the 76kg mark. But once I'm back into the 70's I will be feeling pretty fantastic so I am more than happy to tone it down a bit and take my time in order not to fail again. From 76kg I will keep losing but slowly and play it by ear. My cousin and I were discussing it the other day and she said if I drop too much I will look gaunt. We both seem to have that trouble but the thighs and but speak of plenty more weight left to lose! :lol: We shall see.

I hope to smash these goals out of the water, even get them lower still but I want to be realistic and account for plateaus, bad weeks and sickness etc.

Anyway, enough from me for now, cheers :)

Now go away rain so I can go for a walk! Never fear, if not, body sculpt in the lounge room or yoga ;)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
User avatar
ganymede
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby DD Diva » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:32 pm

Ganymede, your determination is fantastic,

Though I'm a little concerned that you've possibly setting the bar a tad too high for your first target, i.e. 94 kg by 30 December. You do know that's 17 days away right? :o Not saying it's impossible, just saying that given the time of year, the food, the festivities etc., you're going to have a tough time dropping 6 kg in just over 2 weeks (plus it's not good for your health). Look, I hope you make it, I REALLY REALLY DO, but please don't be disappointed if it doesn't happen. 6 kg in a month is a huge stretch at the best of times but to expect your body to do this in half the time, and at this time of year is a big ask! Nevertheless if you do make it, well....my hat off to you! You'll be my new inspiration! :D

Don't be hard on yourself, try to have fun and don't deprive yourself of some of the yummy things that Christmas brings! :wink:
DD Diva
 

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby ganymede » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:45 pm

DD Diva wrote:Ganymede, your determination is fantastic,

Though I'm a little concerned that you've possibly setting the bar a tad too high for your first target, i.e. 94 kg by 30 December. You do know that's 17 days away right? :o Not saying it's impossible, just saying that given the time of year, the food, the festivities etc., you're going to have a tough time dropping 6 kg in just over 2 weeks (plus it's not good for your health). Look, I hope you make it, I REALLY REALLY DO, but please don't be disappointed if it doesn't happen. 6 kg in a month is a huge stretch at the best of times but to expect your body to do this in half the time, and at this time of year is a big ask! Nevertheless if you do make it, well....my hat off to you! You'll be my new inspiration! :D

Don't be hard on yourself, try to have fun and don't deprive yourself of some of the yummy things that Christmas brings! :wink:


Hey Diva, lovin' your input! :D It is a stretch I know but with all my extra time I want to put in a lot of hard yards getting my fitness back up which means LOTS of exercise! I don't usually have time off over Christmas but new job means two weeks off so I really don't plan on celebrating much. As I said, I'll be letting my hair down a bit and getting in on the drinks and catch ups with a few friends so not completely depriving myself. I think I'm mainly challenging myself to budge a big chunk as I always seem to smash the kg's at the very beginning.

If I don't make it, I'll re-assess :) You saying I'll be your new inspiration if I DO get there, is an AMAZING motivator! I am going to try my darndest but not freak out too much if I don't get there. I have definitely had one too many treats over the passed 12 months and I just don't want to use Christmas as an excuse to party and go crazy :P I've gotta make this work at the worst of times, even when maintaining so I'm challenging myself to do so :)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
User avatar
ganymede
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:52 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron