It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:34 pm

Free Newsletter

Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby DD Diva » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:50 pm

You go girl!!!!! :wink: :D
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:19 pm

Thanks Diva :)

Well, today has been horrible. Had a crappy sleep and got woken up at 7am by an excavator across the road :x My lady time started and I have a giant headache still lingering from last night and to top it all off, I went to see my Grandad in the nursing home today and because my grandma was visiting as well. There weren't any chairs so I sat on his walker and my Grandma goes "What's the load limit on those things?" followed by, "You need to watch that weight." Oh, if that wasn't bad enough, my Grandad chimes in with "I wasn't sure she would fit on it."

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: *thinking many swear words and trying not to cry whilst carrying on with a normal conversation*

I was going to stay longer but after that, I just had to get out of there. I know they just mean well, my Grandma has always been straight to the point but god, it really hurt.

They're re-doing our fence right outside my window, I'm sick of hearing banging and loud noises, isn't helping my head any. I just want to drown into nothingness for awhile and not THINK. I haven't given up, not by a long shot. I've stuck to my food and I will still walk this afternoon, even if I still feel crap. I'll fricken show them, I'LL SHOW ALL OF THEM.

I just really don't need this crud right now...
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Oh Ganymede,

I feel your pain! :( But I will also share your victory when you DO SHOW THEM! :wink:

Considering the morning you had with the (less than pleasant) jibes about your weight, and still manage to stick to your food plan as well as stay determined to go for a walk later this afternoon is AWESOME! Way to go!!!! :D

I tell myself that these (hurtful) "bumps" will lessen and become easier to handle with each "bump" I lose!!! :lol:

Hang in there Ganymede, YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:48 pm

DD Diva wrote:Oh Ganymede,

I feel your pain! :( But I will also share your victory when you DO SHOW THEM! :wink:

Considering the morning you had with the (less than pleasant) jibes about your weight, and still manage to stick to your food plan as well as stay determined to go for a walk later this afternoon is AWESOME! Way to go!!!! :D

I tell myself that these (hurtful) "bumps" will lessen and become easier to handle with each "bump" I lose!!! :lol:

Hang in there Ganymede, YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :wink:

It just made me really ANGRY!!! :evil: And that anger has turned into determination. All I really want to do is curl up in a foetal position and eat lots of carbs but I won't because I can't. So I'm having my shake now serenaded by the sounds of loud drilling outside my window then I'm going for a walk even though it's hot and sunny and my head will pay for it. Then I can relax and try and get my head straight again.

TTOM is probably making me extra emotional too :P

LOL, too true about losing the bumps! I'm more determined than EVER now to aim for that 94kg first goal! LET'S DO THIS!
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby ganymede » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:28 pm

Feel like sh**t even though I had a loss of 1.3kg this week. Went out to dinner tonight, had grilled fish and vegetables and mash (why must they always smother it in garlic butter!? I'm being healthy for a reason!!!) but from what I can gather am still under cales (ate light for the rest of the day).

Just feeling horrible, need a damn break, sick of people letting me down and confusing the hell out of me. I'm so out of sorts :( Not giving up though...never giving up. Determined to never see this 1.3kg again!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:24 am

ganymede wrote:Feel like sh**t even though I had a loss of 1.3kg this week. Went out to dinner tonight, had grilled fish and vegetables and mash (why must they always smother it in garlic butter!? I'm being healthy for a reason!!!) but from what I can gather am still under cales (ate light for the rest of the day).

Don't beat yourself up about it Ganymede, you really didn't blow things out. That is, a little mash with some garlic butter probably won't even register on the scales. In fact, you'll probably still have a good loss SO LONG AS you leave it at that and don't smother anything else on sensible food!!! Ok so you had some mash with a little extra garlic butter, but that won't matter as long as you leave it there and don't reach for other things that could potentially sabotage your hard work!

Remember it's not just about what you eat; it's also about how much, and so if you allow your small indulgence to make you feel defeated you risk throwing in the towel and continuing down the bad path which (as we all know) leads straight to the refrigerator!!! :oops:

Relax, you'll be fine so be kind to yourself and keep in mind the fantastic loss you've had already this week. :D

Just put last night down to having spent an enjoyable evening meal with good company, but now it's back to working on eating better. If you put this small indulgence behind you, stopping it at that, then you don't risk it all going on your behind (if you get my drift?!) :wink:
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:37 pm

DD Diva wrote:
ganymede wrote:Feel like sh**t even though I had a loss of 1.3kg this week. Went out to dinner tonight, had grilled fish and vegetables and mash (why must they always smother it in garlic butter!? I'm being healthy for a reason!!!) but from what I can gather am still under cales (ate light for the rest of the day).

Don't beat yourself up about it Ganymede, you really didn't blow things out. That is, a little mash with some garlic butter probably won't even register on the scales. In fact, you'll probably still have a good loss SO LONG AS you leave it at that and don't smother anything else on sensible food!!! Ok so you had some mash with a little extra garlic butter, but that won't matter as long as you leave it there and don't reach for other things that could potentially sabotage your hard work!

Remember it's not just about what you eat; it's also about how much, and so if you allow your small indulgence to make you feel defeated you risk throwing in the towel and continuing down the bad path which (as we all know) leads straight to the refrigerator!!! :oops:

Relax, you'll be fine so be kind to yourself and keep in mind the fantastic loss you've had already this week. :D

Just put last night down to having spent an enjoyable evening meal with good company, but now it's back to working on eating better. If you put this small indulgence behind you, stopping it at that, then you don't risk it all going on your behind (if you get my drift?!) :wink:

Hey Diva,

Thank you for your continued support. It's lovely responses like this that really makes the journey easier :) I was having a rough night and was already emotional due to TTOM so I was just a teary mess, couldn't sleep, headache etc. lol. A joy to be around basically :P Thankfully my partner is awesome and gave me hugs haha.

I'm feeling good again today, very, very tired but good. Exercise this afternoon and a light day food wise. Just gotta keep on keeping on. I can't give it. I just can't do it again!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:46 am

All my Christmas celebrating has been and gone, just in time for two weeks off!

I may have some drinks on Christmas day as my cousin wants me to stay the night which I'm sure means getting a little drunk :lol: but she's like my sister and we are overdue for drunken catch up's so I won't be too fussed about that. I will however be making yummy, healthy salads to eat so that should definitely help. I might even muster the courage to WALK to my parents place on Christmas morning to open pressies, we shall see...

Anyway, just having a ramble to get my thoughts out there. Besides Christmas Day, I intend to be very good with my eating. My stomach is starting to feel smaller again, less bloating after drunken times over the weekend just gone. Ah well, was good fun but I'm glad to be back into the healthy times :wink:

Weighed myself this morning and I was 98.8kg, BOO. I think that will drop pretty quickly though once I get back into it. Just need to keep up the hard work, plough through it and lose some kg's to get ahead. I plan to stick out my healthy eating and hopefully walk 10km each day to really get my fitness back up to par.

I doubt very much I'll get to 94kg by the end of December unless I don't eat at all LOL, so will revise my goals below...

Monday 9th December - 100kg

Monday 30th December - 97kg

Monday 27th January - 93kg

Monday 24th February - 89kg

Monday 24th March - 85kg

Monday 21st April - 82kg

Monday 19th May - 79kg

Monday 16th June - 76kg

Monday 7th July - 74kg

Monday 4th August - 72kg

Monday 1st September - 69kg

Monday 29th September - 67kg

Monday 27th October - 65kg

Once I reach about 73kg I will see how I am going and how much more I think I need to lose. This will be a re-assessment based on my results to that date, how I feel about my body and starting to think about the maintenance stage. I want to be prepared to keep shifting the kg's but not as quickly. My ultimate goal has always been in the 60's and it's safe to say I'd love to get there. But honestly, being so big as I am now, I'm missing being in the low 80's atm lol. Of course the lower I get the slimmer I will want to be but I don't want to mess up like I did last time and "treat" myself too much until I've ballooned to 100kg again.

Sensible steps...Anyway, that's the plan and those are my goals. Now I'll be quiet :P
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Sas, will you please come back now? :P

Ate a lot of naughty food yesterday and drank a bottle of wine and a bottle of champagne...needless to say, my stomach is currently paying for it dearly. Went right back to healthy eating again this morning and will walk later this afternoon when it isn't 30 degrees INSIDE! But I need my sassy friend to help me on this journey...

I have to say, Xmas day and being around all my family again made me feel extremely inadequate. I drank too much, I didn't make a fool out of myself but it still made me embarrassed that in my state I ate so much food and drank so much wine. My cousin has always been slim and despite the fact she's had it rough too, I just felt SO out of place, so guilty and silly and fat. UGH. I don't want to be like this any more. I can't handle being fat any more. 2014 is the year I don't put this off any longer or fail once I get my weight down again.

I won't lie, it is going to be HARD. Really hard. If I was still 85kg, yep, that would suck but I would be so much more comfortable in my journey. But being almost 100kg again....yep, that's really made me upset at the task ahead. Just have to keep grinding away at it, get a head start and push through summer. Summer will always be worse with the heat so I figure if I get right into it now, come winter the exercise is going to not feel like walking through a desert :P

I just needed to ramble...again.
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:42 pm

Please come back soon, T. I miss you...
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:36 pm

Hi Darling
M only back today and YES its on... I dont have any idea how much I weigh and I have no desire knowing. I know I am over 100 lol... I had my fun so its back to business.

How have you been keeping.
I have been relocating now I am settled (in a way) but yea I am back to it. I see you are in your low 90's I should be joining soon as my new job is not office based and I am on my feet mostly. Lets see what 2014 has in store for us girlfriend...

I start training tomorrow :) I will only check the scale at the end of the month (Jan)
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:03 pm

Sassyt wrote:Hi Darling
M only back today and YES its on... I dont have any idea how much I weigh and I have no desire knowing. I know I am over 100 lol... I had my fun so its back to business.

How have you been keeping.
I have been relocating now I am settled (in a way) but yea I am back to it. I see you are in your low 90's I should be joining soon as my new job is not office based and I am on my feet mostly. Lets see what 2014 has in store for us girlfriend...

I start training tomorrow :) I will only check the scale at the end of the month (Jan)

Yay! So glad you're back :) *big hugs*

I started a 12 week challenge on here but I am also doing one through My Fitness Pal, Biggest's Loser Style. It's pretty full on with strict weigh ins, exercise logs (must do at least 210 mins a week - 30 mins a day so manageable) plus measurements. I'm aiming high and aiming to win! I weighed myself this morning and I was 99.3kg :( At least I'm not triple digits any more but I was hoping for a better loss. Have changed my weigh in day to Thursday to coincide with the challenge so will see what the numbers say then :)

Understandable you don't want to weigh in til the end of Jan lol. It sounds like you had an awesome time, I did too over Christmas but have been trying to watch myself and have managed to keep in double digits so woot.

So glad you are back, girl, we always kick those kg's to the curb when we work together :)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:38 pm

It feels good to be back
I have so much confidence that we shall do this once and for all...
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:49 pm

Me too, sweets.

I aim to hit 85kg by the end of the challenge and from there I will re-assess my eating plan and bump the cals up just slightly so I don't burn myself out like last time. Then slow and steady to reach my goal :)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby buttless » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:19 pm

you two will kick those kg's to the kerb never to be found again. I look forward to joining you on your journey. believe me, if I can do it, anyone can. I was once 120kg - I show my kids photos of me and they can't remember me that big. I will share that before xmas I was 79.2 with 3kg to go to what weight watchers call a goal weight - for me I would like to get down a little further than that, but will see how I go - have no idea what I weigh now, that will be tomorrows big reveal - am I crapping myself - yep!!!! did I have fun - yep!!!! so its back on the wagon travelling to that goal line. :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ18xp3/]
buttless

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges