It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:46 pm

Free Newsletter

Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby ganymede » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:18 am

LW: 98.4kg
TW: 96.7kg ;)

T, WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!?!?! COME BACK NOW!!!!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:09 pm

Hey Shel
The thing is I have changed jobs I am no longer office based. I travel a lot and I can hardly log on but the good thing is whenever I get a chance I log on. When I was relocating I think I lost my tekkies and my cycling seat. Now I have to wait to get paid then I can go buy new set. I was so hurt to learn that I dont have tekkies anymore on the morning that I had to go back to gym. Agh I was just out of it.

You are doing so great!!!! So proud of you... Are you now jogging?

I weighed a few days back and I :shock: (lips sealed)... Dont even wanna say. I really need to go back to gym :( ... I need that more than you can possibly imagine. I only get paid in 9 days from now IMAGINE!!! I have started doing great with the veges and fruits so I am right on track with that... This is hard :cry:
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby DD Diva » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:10 am

ganymede wrote:Weigh in on Thursday... I'm so nervous!!!!!!

Pffftttt......any you were nervous!!!

You've done AMAZING!!!! Well done Ganymede on an inspirational loss this week.
You should be very very proud of yourself; a fantastic achievement. :wink:
Keep up the good work! 8)
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:48 pm

DD Diva wrote:
ganymede wrote:Weigh in on Thursday... I'm so nervous!!!!!!

Pffftttt......any you were nervous!!!

You've done AMAZING!!!! Well done Ganymede on an inspirational loss this week.
You should be very very proud of yourself; a fantastic achievement. :wink:
Keep up the good work! 8)

:lol: I may have freaked out a little for no reason :P

Thank you Diva, you have really made me feel wonderful :)

I won my other comp. for this week and received immunity! :mrgreen: Not that I'm not going to try this week but I'm excited I won :)

My legs are very, very sore right now, the exercise goals for this week is 1500 cals burned and 1000 reps :shock:

Now that I've knocked off some kg's my goal by the end of the 12 weeks is to lose another 11.7kg bringing me down to 85kg again :) The more I knock off at the beginning, the less I'll need to lose each week to reach this goal!

Will see what the week ahead has to bring!
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby buttless » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:10 pm

:lol: I may have freaked out a little for no reason :P

Thank you Diva, you have really made me feel wonderful :)

I won my other comp. for this week and received immunity! :mrgreen: Not that I'm not going to try this week but I'm excited I won :)

My legs are very, very sore right now, the exercise goals for this week is 1500 cals burned and 1000 reps :shock:

Now that I've knocked off some kg's my goal by the end of the 12 weeks is to lose another 11.7kg bringing me down to 85kg again :) The more I knock off at the beginning, the less I'll need to lose each week to reach this goal!

Will see what the week ahead has to bring![/quote]

hey shelley,

awesome result girl.... what were you worried about, you have got this in the bag the results are speaking for themselves :)
what is this 1000 reps and 1500 cals burned you speak of, what does that entail - am guessing a lot of leg workout going on your comment that your legs are sore.
keep doing what you are doing and as you say the more you can knock off at the start the easier it will be at the end and don't forget about that plateau that you will hit - that's when all the willpower & determination comes out :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ18xp3/]
buttless

Postby ganymede » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:31 pm

Thanks B, I am feeling pretty good except for this migraine :( not to worry though, strong pain mess and an early night so I can go to the gym tomorrow :)

The 1000 reps is any combination of arms, legs and abs. But 1 rep is for BOTH arms or both legs. I have hit 375 so far with 4 days left to complete :) am in the 900's for cals burned too. I am feeling pretty pumped so far but a little tired. Nothing a good sleep won't fix!

Hope everything has been going well with you and I hear you on the plateau, I can usually get 15kg off before I start noticing anything come screaming to a halt. When it happened last time, I just added weights when I went walking and the kg's started going down again :)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Fri May 09, 2014 4:46 pm

T, I miss you....Wahhhhhhh!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Fri May 09, 2014 6:51 pm

I agree.
I hate it when people go missing.
Being accountable and supported is so helpful specially in the dark times. :(

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby JP1 » Fri May 09, 2014 7:40 pm

Blitz wrote:I agree.
I hate it when people go missing.
Being accountable and supported is so helpful specially in the dark times. :(

Kim

Yup I'm not going missing any more, well not for more than a few days/week because it's a fact, I lose weight whilst I'm a regular on this forum, when I go missing worry for me :|
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 107 Kg (3 May 2019)
Current :105 Kg (17 May 2019)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014) : 99.2 Kg (31 May 2016) : 104.7 Kg (10 May 2019)
Target : 90 Kg by 9 Aug 2019
JP1

Postby ganymede » Fri May 09, 2014 8:16 pm

In T's defence, she travels a lot for work so she doesn't get the time to spend on here that I do. I have been keeping in contact with her by email and she WILL be back soon 8) In the mean time, guess I better keep her motivated, eh!? :D And she can motivate me, as we've done before!

If you go missing JP, I'll drive to the coast with a mega phone and yell up and down the esplanade until I find you then promptly kick your butt into gear! :lol:
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby JP1 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:34 pm

ganymede wrote:If you go missing JP, I'll drive to the coast with a mega phone and yell up and down the esplanade until I find you then promptly kick your butt into gear! :lol:

Haha deal..
8)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 107 Kg (3 May 2019)
Current :105 Kg (17 May 2019)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014) : 99.2 Kg (31 May 2016) : 104.7 Kg (10 May 2019)
Target : 90 Kg by 9 Aug 2019
JP1

Postby Blitz » Sat May 10, 2014 2:41 am

I was making a general reference...not just about one person. There are people who have passed thru here and haven't been around for such a long time that I still have a heart for. A lot of them were so close to success and just stumbled at the last hurdle! :(

So glad that you are in email contact and that she will be back soon. I'm in close contact with someone from here via email too who is doing it tough. It is good to think that we can reach out and be supportive privately as well as publicly. We do need each other in this journey! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Mon May 12, 2014 3:09 pm

I couldn't agree more, Kim. It's great to have people involved in the journey just as you are. It makes you realise you really aren't alone and that it is possible with the right support network. I've been guilty of slipping away and disappearing from this forum before, a few times at least :lol: but I do try to always come back. I'm committed to the cause now, whether it takes 6 months or a couple of years, I will have my victory! ;)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Mon May 12, 2014 6:46 pm

That is part of the problem. Weight loss is such a shamefaced thing in our society. You can't get away with making racist, sexist or disabled jokes any more but you can still get one off at fat people without a problem. Why? Because we are so ashamed of ourselves that we take the abuse.

How many of you had said a fat joke about yourself so as to take the edge off anyone else saying something? How many of you have worn basic black or wear loose clothing to "hide" your weight? How many of you stand in the back row behind everyone in group photos or refuse to be photographed? How many of you keep your current weight a national secret even to those closest to you (or refuse to inform yourself of the state of the play by stepping on the scales)? We run, hide and deny our way through life instead of being honest and face the situation - and doing something about it.

Those that stay on the Forum are taking a stand. They are accountable - and are accountable publicly. They will find support, understanding and encouragement. Above all...if they continue - they will find success! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby buttless » Sat May 24, 2014 9:25 am

Blitz wrote:That is part of the problem. Weight loss is such a shamefaced thing in our society. You can't get away with making racist, sexist or disabled jokes any more but you can still get one off at fat people without a problem. Why? Because we are so ashamed of ourselves that we take the abuse.

How many of you had said a fat joke about yourself so as to take the edge off anyone else saying something? How many of you have worn basic black or wear loose clothing to "hide" your weight? How many of you stand in the back row behind everyone in group photos or refuse to be photographed? How many of you keep your current weight a national secret even to those closest to you (or refuse to inform yourself of the state of the play by stepping on the scales)? We run, hide and deny our way through life instead of being honest and face the situation - and doing something about it.

Those that stay on the Forum are taking a stand. They are accountable - and are accountable publicly. They will find support, understanding and encouragement. Above all...if they continue - they will find success! 8)

Kim

that's very well said Kim, so so true. Going from 120kgs down to 75kgs i do understand what "fat" people go through, the jokes, the hurdles, the people watching what you eat, you asking for a salad because you don't want to be laughed or stared at when in fact you are absolutely starving..... yep been there and done it all. and it scars you beyond belief, now that i am down to goal weight i still wear black, i still go to the big sizes, i am so judgemental of myself that its not funny & the one thing that i despise is when you say to a larger person hey, i know what you are going through and they look you up and down and scoff saying you've never had a weight problem in your life!!!! My reply, "never judge a book by its cover" when i drag out the before and after photos i sooooo love it when their mouth hits the ground....then i tell them my story.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ18xp3/]
buttless

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges