It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:28 am

Free Newsletter

Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby Blitz » Sun May 25, 2014 5:05 am

you asking for a salad because you don't want to be laughed or stared at when in fact you are absolutely starving

I understand this...but never stooped so low as to order a salad!...after all that's rabbit food isn't it? (at least that's what I thought then!). :lol:
But I certainly held back on what I ate in public because you could feel and see the judgement of others. Usually meant a second feed once I got home.

I've got use to my size now and I guess in time so will you. I love wearing black but recently I've started to put colour into my wardrobe now. Use to absolutely hate shopping for clothes - now I really enjoy hunting in secondhand shops for cool and unusual gear to wear...the only trouble now is the clothes there are often too big!

I must say that now that I've lost all this weight I'm very evangelical when it comes to weight. I have to stop myself from tapping total strangers on the shoulder and offering help. I can see what they can be - and how much better their lives could be. Maybe that's why I hang out here so much...to get it out of my system!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby buttless » Sun May 25, 2014 12:02 pm

Me too Kim, I have to stop myself saying stuff to people u can see how they can look & its frustrating. Its funny how your outlook changes once you have made the decision to lead a healthier life you want to help others too.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ18xp3/]
buttless

Postby Blitz » Sun May 25, 2014 10:16 pm

I was walking behind a very large woman the other day and in my head I was tracing an outline of the slim person that was lurking within.
I see the potential...everywhere!

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:55 am

Re-booted...

Watch this space 8)

T, come join me in our old thread! :)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:19 am

I'm watching...and I'm excited!
Go guys go! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sassyt » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:03 am

Yes! I love this Shel. Let's roll
I am just so sore from the squats and lunges on Friday but I managed to pull an hours cardio workout this morning. I hope its less sore tomorrow!

LET'S GO, GO, GO girlie 8)
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:56 am

The soreness will pass and so glad you still got up and smashed out that cardio, you go girl!

So here I am finally confessing to having stepped on the scales and it is so much worse than I thought :cry: Not that it had any reason NOT to be bad, I've been terrible since last I stepped on the scales. My mind was even telling me this morning to keep that horrific number to myself, to not admit what a terrible eater and the lack of exercise I had become. But no, that's not what this is about. It's about being honest even when the honesty hurts. I want to stop this before I see ALL my hard work thrown out the window. I don't want this separation to mean I fail again, that isn't fair :evil:

Already I am edging into mid 90's, it's horrible and I don't want that any more! It will be hard but getting the weight to come off again will be harder. So here goes...

94.1kg :cry: I should have expected this. I should have seen it coming. I've been "protecting myself" in a little bubble of food and nil exercise and watching tv shows and not getting out there and doing what I should be doing. There is no excuse for this except that I'm lazy and that when I go off the rails, I'm my own worst enemy!

NO MORE! I have my gym gear at work, I WILL get changed after work and go to the gym and pump out an hour. I will not eat bad foods and I will stop this rot NOW.

Terry, so glad you came back when you did. It was just in time I think!!
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:18 pm

You've stepped on the scales finally and made yourself accountable to the world...and most importantly to your own self. A problem defined is a problem half solved. You now know what you are up against. Time to girt the loins (metaphorically) and work to achieve the goal! 8)

Don't regret the past (mistakes) - learn from them!
Those that don't are condemned to repeat them! Trust me, you don't want to be doing that! :shock:

Work hard! Every time you start to waiver I want you to think of a number: 94.1 - and say to yourself "never again!" :!:

Best wishes on this challenge...may it be the making of you! 8) :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:31 pm

"Never again!"

Now that's a good slogan to live by. I was so embarrassed when I finally stepped on the scales, I had been lying to myself and I couldn't do it any longer. I have faced the number, accepted it and learnt from it. Now it's time to work towards shedding that number and quick smart! I know I'm all about the "goals" and I've done many a goal list only to "re-assess" when I don't reach them :roll: The difference this time is my goals will NOT be food based. ie, no food treats, all "body" treats but not food in particular. So here goes, goal setting number 758 :lol:

Goal 1

Hit the 80's again. I'm giving myself THREE WEEKS to set foot in the 80's again! It's what I deserve, now for some tough love and sore legs to whip me back into shape! ;)

- I will go and get a pedicure to celebrate and to pamper my poor, sore feet lol

Goal 2

88.4kg. It seems this number cropped up a fair bit during my period of yo-yoing and not really getting anywhere. This number I felt "good" and comfortable and filled with achievement. Here I could jog for 10 minutes straight without dying. Here is where I want to be. Small steps.

- A hot yoga class (they're expensive so it's a treat!)

Goal 2

87.8kg. Another reoccurring number I want to say a last "goodbye!" to. Also where I started for my second 12 Week Challenge

- A massage for my weary body :lol:

Goal 3

86 point anything. I will frolic, seriously. There will be frolicking when I reach this :lol:

- Besides frolicking? :P A hair cut :)

Goal 4

85.9kg. Where I was at the very end of my first 12 Week Challenge and a mere couple of days after breaking up with my ex. This will be a huge break through for me.

- Try not to cry, I guess :lol: Maybe choose a gym class I've been wanting to do, buy a new top or pair of work pants

Goal 5

84.9kg. LOW 80's.

- Go for a nice walk, maybe a bush walk somewhere pretty and a picnic lunch (healthy food only!)

Goal 6

82.5kg. 17.5kg lost and officially HALF WAY THERE.

- I may celebrate here with a nice meal out somewhere as it will probably coincide with settling all this legal stuff for the separation.

Goal 7

79.9kg. 70's!!! My magic numbers. The place I have been craving for months and months.

- A massive pamper day. We're talking pedicure, massage, maybe a weekend getaway for some photography :)

Goal 8

77.7kg. I remember being this weight when I bought two beautiful dresses from Forever New, one for my friends wedding and one just because it looked awesome ;)

- Try on said dresses and do some more frolicking :lol: and maybe a cheat meal, a nice night with pizza and movies maybe

Goal 9

76.3kg - This was the lowest weight I reached last time around. Here I was so slim and happy, if only I could go back and slap myself :lol:

- I'm thinking another haircut, something really new, maybe short and maybe some highlights too!

Goal 10

73kg. Long, long ago in and land far, far away...I was 73kg :P We're talking just after I started dating my ex so over 7 years ago!!! Aiming for this by SUMMER. I have 5 months!

- I think I will probably need some new clothes. Well, I may just go to a second hand shop and get a few things but some smaller clothes will definitely be needed!

Goal 11

69.9kg. I will probably cry. And scream. And dance. And possibly break my scales in the process :lol: (kidding!)

- I don't know what I'll do. I'll probably go to the gym, put on the best music ever, jog as far as I can, maybe chat to the cute guy ;) lol. Post my before and during shots on every forum and social network available to man to brag :lol:

Goal 12

65kg. My "ultimate goal" but it depends how the weight sits at 65kg. That last 5kg would have been hell to lose, lots of up and down and changing things up and probably eating weird portions and cycling calories and everything under the sun to get there.

- Go see a nutritionist or a dietician. See what I should be eating to maintain and how much. BUY A WHOLE NEW WARDROBE!!!! Document my journey so I have something to look back on when I have a "bad week" or month and start to see some kg's creep on. I NEVER want to do this again!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby JP1 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:07 am

Go get it Tiger ;)

Seriously good luck Shelley, let's set a cracking pace..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 107 Kg (3 May 2019)
Current :105 Kg (17 May 2019)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014) : 99.2 Kg (31 May 2016) : 104.7 Kg (10 May 2019)
Target : 90 Kg by 9 Aug 2019
JP1

Postby Blitz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:14 am

I like you goal setting Shelley...but some of them are interesting jumps between goals. :wink:

Your first goal is 4.4kg in three weeks. That's doable for sure but you are going to have to work like a demon to get it done.

It's goal 3 and 4 that have got me really puzzled. 0.1kg difference!
It will take you ages to shift that weight! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great to see you planning your victories...make it so! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:31 am

Cheers JP, I am feeling ready :mrgreen: Even put on some Led Zeppelin this morning (it's my go-to music for my walks etc) and I was taken down memory lane of a time when I was in the 70's and I just want it so badly...

:lol: You noticed that, Kim? I think I was half asleep by that point and very, very cold. These are just goals, they don't have a specific time frame although I want to be about 74-75kg by Summer. These are just "signposts" I guess. Places I've been before and want to reach again.

Have just had a huge conversation with a friend about organic foods, cooking with all fresh, organic veges and using a lot of lentils etc in recipes. I think I'm gonna be one healthy chick soon :mrgreen: So excited!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:09 am

I'm a sucker for goal setting so have decided to break them down into month targets :lol:

July 2014

89kg

August

85kg

September

81kg

October

78kg

November

74kg

December

70kg

January

68kg

February

65kg
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:25 pm

I'm reminded of Rimmer from Red Dwarf.
He spent all his time organising his time tables and revising them that he left no time for actual study! :lol: :wink:
It is good to see you visualising your future success. Good work! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:44 pm

That seems to be me at the moment, all planning, no action! That is definitely going to change though, I want it and I want it bad! 8)
- Shelley

ganymede

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges