It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:31 am

Free Newsletter

Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby Blitz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:06 pm

I feel your hunger - for success! You go girl!...you are ready, willing and able to achieve all you dream for - and more! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:29 pm

Thanks Kim! It's time to start owning my life again! 8)

Here's a little something I just wrote that really resonates with me right now.

You’ve done it before and you know you’ll do it again.

The walk to the scales seems like an eternity. You wait with bated breath for the numbers to flicker across the screen and cringe when you realise the extent of your gluttony. But it’s always so good and there is always some reason, some cause, some excuse for eating that entire block of chocolate or that packet of biscuits.

The truth is, you don’t need it to survive emotional or physical pain. You get by just as well without stuffing your face full of food. It’s not the answer and at the end of it, are your problems solved? Do you feel better? Or just lethargic and filled with self guilt, wishing you could be like someone else.

When you watch people eat, you envy them. You envy their flippant non-obsessive relationship with food. The way they can take a bite of a sandwich, put it down and focus on something else. The way they can stop once they’re full or only ever eat what they should.

And yet, here you are, embarking on this journey towards a better you. A slimmer you. You’ve done it before and you’ll do it again. The battle with the scales, the battle with your weight. You've cycled between low and high and sometimes to the point where all you can do is cry softly and put on a steely complex and GET IT DONE.

But it’s a journey and one that isn’t over. Hardship gave me a license to eat and yet it never amounted to anything except shame, embarrassment and regret. Why did I do it? Why did I give up what I’d worked so hard towards?

I’ve lost a lot this year. The love of my life, my home and my overall happiness. But I’ve also gained insight into the things that are important. That self appreciation is number one. That self nurturing is something we should never put on the back burner.

So from here on out, I pledge to give my all to the cause. I know what I want and I will have it. Now more than ever I need it. I need to be personally happy and confident in everything I do. I need to prove to myself that I’m worth this, that I have the determination and willpower to see it through.

"I rose, I roar

I will, I am.”
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby JP1 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:14 pm

Nice Shelley, I suggest having it on hand when the going gets tough for you and you're feeling low.. Battle through those tough times and all of your dreams can come true..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Blitz » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:23 am

Nicely and beautifully written Shelley. 8)

Now the hard part...living it! :shock: - It can be done! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sassyt » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:41 am

Wow Shell I am lost 4 words, nicely done!!!

I am so sorry I am not on the forum as much as I am supposed to my new job is killing me, not that I am complaining though coz I love, love, love it. But I wake up in the morning 4am hit the gym for bout 90 mins to 120mins and go to work - which requires me to travel A LOT, by the time I get back home all I want is warm bath and doze off. The very same cycle for the following day. But rest assured I am with you all the way my friend and u know me I have my mind to this and it is going to happen.

Pitty I had a bad weekend and my sister is getting married this weekend so you can imagine how it is fOod wise. I been really good though since Monday I hope not to go overboard this weekend as well...

I think I will weigh on Friday this week since I can't go to gym on Saturday as it is my sisters wedding day and I will report back... :)

PS I loe your goal very realistic and achievable. Let's go!
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby Sassyt » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:48 am

Oh I forgot to say I have set goals but I have got no time frame whatsoever. I am fed up with time frames coz if I don't reach it I get so demotivated and wanna give up. So my next goal is crossing over to the 80's when? I shall see as tge battle between myself and life unfolds :lol: hopefully by the end of July or early August :)
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:06 am

A huge thanks to JP, Kim and my lovely T for always being there to support me :) I know I've been a difficult human being the past few months :lol: When I don't want to listen to wise words, I have a tendency to block it out which is terrible and it needs to stop.

T, my lovey, I completely understand! That sounds like a truly hectic schedule but glad you love your work, it's a rare and treasured thing! :D Just keep at it, keep chipping at the scales and you will get there. I always work best under pressure so I need to put myself back under the pump and kick off these kg's. I've wasted enough time!

I suppose we just have to work these celebrations and outings into our life. Take them for what they are, try to make the right choices and move on and learn from those experiences. You will most certainly get there, I will be right here with you, I promise :)

Well, the scales are going very swiftly in a downwards direction. Thursday is official weigh in day so will log from here.

Now sitting at 92.5kg. I am stoked about this because it means that weight will be flushed out in no time so I can really knuckle down and work on those new numbers I've been longing for.

Can't wait to see how you're tracking on Friday, T!
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:00 am

Shelley I'm soooooooooo proud of you, it's sounds as though you're back in the right head space! How awesome!!! :wink:

And I'm sure it's got a lot to do with having the lovely SassyT by your side, cheering you on!

Mind you, I think that both Sassy and yourself will do well, even with her hectic work schedule (which sounds brutal Sassy...you poor thing) :cry: I just know you two will be forces to contend with in this challenge!!! :wink:

Go girls, give us all a run for our money, or weightloss wise, for our kilos??!!! :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:42 pm

DD Diva wrote:Shelley I'm soooooooooo proud of you, it's sounds as though you're back in the right head space! How awesome!!! :wink:

And I'm sure it's got a lot to do with having the lovely SassyT by your side, cheering you on!

Mind you, I think that both Sassy and yourself will do well, even with her hectic work schedule (which sounds brutal Sassy...you poor thing) :cry: I just know you two will be forces to contend with in this challenge!!! :wink:

Go girls, give us all a run for our money, or weightloss wise, for our kilos??!!! :lol: :lol:

I really, really am. That reality check on the scales really put things into perspective for me. Then I kept getting so angry and annoyed at both myself and my ex because I was doing so well and blah, blah, blah. And then I decided I needed to be ME and I'm STRONG and capable and I don't need a man to escalate my self-worth. I also thought about the slight possibility that I would have to see him one last time to drop off the keys etc (hoping I can avoid it at all costs) and I kept thinking, I want to be at my very best if I do have to see him. And not because he deserves that but because I deserve it. Because he will see me thrive without him (or possibly think I'm not eating anything and serves him right! :lol: ) - and even if I don't see him, I will know that things are done and dusted and I will be ahead in my journey and ready to tackle the last 15kg or so.

I know that's really silly, I should be doing this for me and me alone. But I suppose I am in a way. So I can be that happy, confident person I know I can be and do it by myself, without him. And for my future as well and for finding and being with someone else. But it all comes back to being the person I want to be and doing the journey by myself, as just me, not we. I think that is very empowering.

And it got me motivated... the fact the scales are going down so rapidly too has me very happy and determined to strip those kg's back to where I was and MORE.
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:50 pm

ganymede wrote:
DD Diva wrote:Shelley I'm soooooooooo proud of you, it's sounds as though you're back in the right head space! How awesome!!! :wink:

I really, really am. That reality check on the scales really put things into perspective for me. Then I kept getting so angry and annoyed at both myself and my ex because I was doing so well and blah, blah, blah. And then I decided I needed to be ME and I'm STRONG and capable and I don't need a man to escalate my self-worth. I also thought about the slight possibility that I would have to see him one last time to drop off the keys etc (hoping I can avoid it at all costs) and I kept thinking, I want to be at my very best if I do have to see him. And not because he deserves that but because I deserve it. Because he will see me thrive without him (or possibly think I'm not eating anything and serves him right! :lol: ) - and even if I don't see him, I will know that things are done and dusted and I will be ahead in my journey and ready to tackle the last 15kg or so.

I know that's really silly, I should be doing this for me and me alone. But I suppose I am in a way. So I can be that happy, confident person I know I can be and do it by myself, without him. And for my future as well and for finding and being with someone else. But it all comes back to being the person I want to be and doing the journey by myself, as just me, not we. I think that is very empowering.

And it got me motivated... the fact the scales are going down so rapidly too has me very happy and determined to strip those kg's back to where I was and MORE.

No, you're quite right to feel the way you do. Of course, weight loss should primarily be for yourself, and I think even in your case, IT IS. And hey, there's absolutely no harm in having the satisfaction of strutting the new improved Shelley in his face and showing the putz EXACTLY what a beauty he is missing out on!!!! :wink:

I am so very proud of you Shelley, and I know both you and Sassy will do smashingly in the weightloss challenge, and before you know, you'll both be at goal. :)

Be strong, stay focussed, and know that we're all here for you (every step of the way!!!)

xx
Diva / Josie
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:24 pm

Strutting my stuff is definitely my feelings right now. A sort of more mature way of saying "nana, nananaaaaaa!" to him :lol:

Thank you so much Josie for always being there, always offering advise and having so much faith in me. It really makes me realise my potential if only I put my mind, body and heart into it entirely. And I'm ready, I'm beyond ready. New life starts now.

Sure, I'm still tied to "that putz" for awhile longer but contact with him has all but ceased, once the contract is finalised, I wait til the right moment, sign it then he's out of my life. And gives me confidence to know that you guys will always be there when the going gets tough (and vice versa!)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:29 pm

ganymede wrote:Strutting my stuff is definitely my feelings right now. A sort of more mature way of saying "nana, nananaaaaaa!" to him :lol:

Thank you so much Josie for always being there, always offering advise and having so much faith in me. It really makes me realise my potential if only I put my mind, body and heart into it entirely. And I'm ready, I'm beyond ready. New life starts now.

Sure, I'm still tied to "that putz" for awhile longer but contact with him has all but ceased, once the contract is finalised, I wait til the right moment, sign it then he's out of my life. And gives me confidence to know that you guys will always be there when the going gets tough (and vice versa!)

As I said in my PM to you Shelley,
I'll be watching (over) you!!! :lol:

Seriously, I know you'll be okay. I believe that you will come through this, and emerge victorious in so many ways beyond just physically and emotionally!!! And then Ihear you ask....what to do with all that newfound perfection??? Why....STRUTT YOUR STUFF BABY.....what else did you expect??!!! :wink: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:09 pm

There will be MUCH strutting, I assure you! :lol:

I just came back from the gym... :shock: I'm surprised my legs haven't fallen off! Finally getting back my fitness just after a few sessions which is fantastic, even got some jogging in and absolutely OWNED that exercise bike, phewf! It's Winter but I was dripping sweat! I'm excited to get those scales back down so the jogging is easier, I find it so much fun with my really motivating music, in the zone, jog, jog, jogging :D I'm insane, but it's such a good feeling!

I was even a bit down and quite panicky this afternoon. Financial agreement came through for the settlement, customer abused me at work on the phone, was having heart palpitations and pangs of anxiety. So my awesome work buddy brought me up a chai latte again, he is such a champion :lol: Got through the arvo and just wanted to get to the gym and burn off that nervous energy! I feel a lot better now :) Still not fabulous but determined and tuckered out!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:50 pm

ganymede wrote:There will be MUCH strutting, I assure you! :lol:

I just came back from the gym... :shock: I'm surprised my legs haven't fallen off! Finally getting back my fitness just after a few sessions which is fantastic, even got some jogging in and absolutely OWNED that exercise bike, phewf! It's Winter but I was dripping sweat! I'm excited to get those scales back down so the jogging is easier, I find it so much fun with my really motivating music, in the zone, jog, jog, jogging :D I'm insane, but it's such a good feeling!

I was even a bit down and quite panicky this afternoon. Financial agreement came through for the settlement, customer abused me at work on the phone, was having heart palpitations and pangs of anxiety. So my awesome work buddy brought me up a chai latte again, he is such a champion :lol: Got through the arvo and just wanted to get to the gym and burn off that nervous energy! I feel a lot better now :) Still not fabulous but determined and tuckered out!

Hey Shelley,
I'm sorry to hear you had a bad day, glad you're better now.
Hang in their kiddo, you'll get through this; trust me, you will!!
I know it's tough, and especially when you're trying to get your head back in the right space to tackle the weight battle, but take it easy, baby steps....believe and achieve gf....believe and achieve!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:39 am

Nothing like stepping on to the scales to get your attention to the task at hand! :lol:

Don't worry Shelley...that fitness will come back real quick! :)

Keep it going!

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges