It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:39 pm

Free Newsletter

Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby Sassyt » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:11 am

So sorry to hear about your bad day hunnie! I am glad that you released the endorphins and felt better! That is always such a pick up activity! I am so proud of you for being so close to the 80's again just now you will be sailing your way to the 70's gosh I so cannot wait for that!!! Being in the 80's will mean working towards the 70's I really, really long for that 89.99kg :lol: :lol: will definately get there though I have worked too hard to back off now, no can't do!

Boy! I cannot wait for your ex to see you sizzling hot, and don't worry I understand u fully sometimes the outsde motivation other than doing it for yourself has more effect so use whatever motivation you have to get there!!!

Diva thanks a mil for all your support and belief in us. It makes me want to not dissapoint you :). I see you!!!:wink:
I am doing everything by the book I am confident that this is a win!
I need my confidence back!
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby DD Diva » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:48 am

Sassyt wrote: So sorry to hear about your bad day hunnie! I am glad that you released the endorphins and felt better! That is always such a pick up activity! I am so proud of you for being so close to the 80's again just now you will be sailing your way to the 70's gosh I so cannot wait for that!!! Being in the 80's will mean working towards the 70's I really, really long for that 89.99kg :lol: :lol: will definately get there though I have worked too hard to back off now, no can't do!

Boy! I cannot wait for your ex to see you sizzling hot, and don't worry I understand u fully sometimes the outsde motivation other than doing it for yourself has more effect so use whatever motivation you have to get there!!!

Diva thanks a mil for all your support and belief in us. It makes me want to not dissapoint you :). I see you!!!:wink:

No problem Sassy, I know you and Shelley will smash each mini goal, and go on to reach lowest (and final) goals.
You're both in the right frame of mind to achieve this, and that's how I know you'll make it!!! And it will be a real pleasure to see you both cross that finish line together!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:09 am

Sassyt wrote:So sorry to hear about your bad day hunnie! I am glad that you released the endorphins and felt better! That is always such a pick up activity! I am so proud of you for being so close to the 80's again just now you will be sailing your way to the 70's gosh I so cannot wait for that!!! Being in the 80's will mean working towards the 70's I really, really long for that 89.99kg :lol: :lol: will definately get there though I have worked too hard to back off now, no can't do!

I am feeling much better this morning! At least until the phones start ringing off the hook and things starting going wrong, as they inevitably do when two people are on annual leave at the same time :lol: But that's okay because it's FRIDAY!!! ;) And I can go to the gym after work even though I'll be working late because I don't have to get up early on Saturday :mrgreen:

Oh darling, I hear you. I want those 80's back soooooo bad and be working towards the 70's!!! My scales show another big drop again, down to 91.5kg, woohoo! Amazing what four days of hard effort can do to minimise the damage I caused! You will get there hunnie, keep tackling those eats and that gym and you will be there in no time :)

I completely agree, whatever motivation works! It's not like I'm doing it to "get him back" or anything insane like that. Who would want him back? :roll: But it's more to prove to myself that I can be everything I want to be and more and maybe one day he will see that he didn't break me, only made me stronger and wiser 8)

You DO NOT want to disappoint Josie!!!! :wink: I feel exactly the same, like I've come this far and I don't want to let these amazing people down, I want to prove to them I can do this. There is also a friend of mine who expressed to me that I was his inspiration to finally get into the gym and work out hard. He was quite a big bloke, such an incredible, open guy and he is looking fantastic!!! Knowing I helped in some way just makes me so happy inside and it also makes me want to continue to inspire him with my journey.

Let's do this!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:22 pm

91.5kg? Very good work there girl! 8)
You've got your head down and focussed to the task at hand...
Just keep hungry for those low numbers and you'll get there in next to no time! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Sassyt » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:56 pm

Well done Shell. I love it! Them 80's are literally a kilo away!
Kick butt friend!!! From there it is basically downhill to the 70'S

I am sitting at 94kg this week! I am happy for a loss considering the circumstances of the past weekend my hardest work at gym is paying off! I will weigh next weekend the 12th with a loss definately 8) ...
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:06 pm

Blitz wrote:91.5kg? Very good work there girl! 8)
You've got your head down and focussed to the task at hand...
Just keep hungry for those low numbers and you'll get there in next to no time! :D

Kim

I don't know how but the weight is stripping off quickly again! I've been eating all the right things and have been working my butt off at the gym. Guess it's just all paying off.

Oh, I'm hungry for it! Ravenous even. I need this more than anything right now and I am staying the course.

Sassyt wrote:Well done Shell. I love it! Them 80's are literally a kilo away!
Kick butt friend!!! From there it is basically downhill to the 70'S

I am sitting at 94kg this week! I am happy for a loss considering the circumstances of the past weekend my hardest work at gym is paying off! I will weigh next weekend the 12th with a loss definately 8) ...

Congrats on your loss lovely, top effort and all in the right direction! :D I'm aiming for the 80's by this coming Thursday. It will take non-stop work outs and watching my intake very carefully but I am determined to see it through! Have decided one first goal of reaching the 80's again will be pushed back to reaching 88.4kg (where I was before my wayward stint off the forum) and THEN I'll get a pedicure ;)

Hope you are doing fabulous T, I am so excited you're back. We are going to own it this year!
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:42 pm

Grood job Sassyy, you're doing really really well!!! Marvellous effort!! :wink:
Shelley, your turn...I can't wait for your first weigh in, almost as excited as if it were my own!!! :lol: I know you'll do just as impressively as Sassy; you two gals are the weight loss duo to watch out for!!! Go ladies :wink:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:44 pm

Sorry Shelley, I meant NEXT weigh in not first! :oops:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:48 am

Shelley it's the "heavy gas pedal" that is behind you golden patch. It's like your first week losing weight. You cut back your food intake by a modest amount and you go for a death defying intensive killer ten minute walk (you make it down the driveway and back :lol: )...and you lose heaps of weight. What is happening is that you are cruising down the highway and suddenly you gun the engine to the max by putting the pedal to the metal. Not surprisingly your modest economical to run car quickly turns into a gas guzzler. :shock:

That is what we are doing when we start out. The same happens if we slack off - then our body goes back to cruise mode...and when we return to strict food control and hard exercise - our body reels back and surrenders weight...but it will quickly adjust to the conditions so make as much of it as you can while it lasts. This is why athletes use different lengths and intensities on different days when they train. Same routine is the enemy...by varying your days you keep your body on it's toes. The usual formula they use is good workout, next day; really hard workout and the day after a light workout. This is also a smart way to exercise for those who are trying to lose weight.

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:56 am

Blitz wrote:Shelley it's the "heavy gas pedal" that is behind you golden patch. It's like your first week losing weight. You cut back your food intake by a modest amount and you go for a death defying intensive killer ten minute walk (you make it down the driveway and back :lol: )...and you lose heaps of weight. What is happening is that you are cruising down the highway and suddenly you gun the engine to the max by putting the pedal to the metal. Not surprisingly your modest economical to run car quickly turns into a gas guzzler. :shock:

Kim, I love the metaphor!! :wink: :lol:

Go Shelley, keep that vroom vroom fired up, keep doing all the right things and you're sure to reach the finish line cruising along nicely rather not coughing, splattering or back-firing all the way!! :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:17 am

Ahhh, now we're onto car metaphors, eh? ;)

I admit that my body can be like a classic fuel guzzler sometimes. For instance a 67' Impala, a 1970 Dodge Charger etc... (LOVE these two cars *sigh*). They have a roaring engine and guts but sometimes they're very hard to steer or control and are constantly in need of a refuel :lol:

I'm taking advantage of it as much as I can for now. I know it's not sustainable though and that one day my body will react and change into something far more economical like a Mazda 2 :P But that's okay, that's what makes the bulk of the journey. But I'll take what my body will give!

91.1kg yesterday ;) And while I wish it was less and that's I'd never taken that silly road to binge eating, I did and I just have to deal with it :roll:

Just gotta keep up the hard work and keep my eye on what I want most...
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:51 pm

ganymede wrote:Ahhh, now we're onto car metaphors, eh? ;)

I admit that my body can be like a classic fuel guzzler sometimes. For instance a 67' Impala, a 1970 Dodge Charger etc... (LOVE these two cars *sigh*). They have a roaring engine and guts but sometimes they're very hard to steer or control and are constantly in need of a refuel :lol:

I'm taking advantage of it as much as I can for now. I know it's not sustainable though and that one day my body will react and change into something far more economical like a Mazda 2 :P But that's okay, that's what makes the bulk of the journey. But I'll take what my body will give!

91.1kg yesterday ;) And while I wish it was less and that's I'd never taken that silly road to binge eating, I did and I just have to deal with it :roll:

Just gotta keep up the hard work and keep my eye on what I want most...

91.1kg yesterday, and 89.9kg before too long Shelley, don't worry, I'm sitting here patiently waiting for you to post that you're in the 80's....and the way you're going there (like a Ferrari or Lamborghini at full speed) I won't have to wait long at all!!!! :wink: You go gf.....bring that baby home the 80's finish line!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:01 pm

Bringing it home, gf, promise!!! ;) Been working hard out, eye on the prize, NOTHING has got my focus like this does. I just have to keep pushing hard out til I get my numbers down again into new and improved numbers ;) (not saying I'll slack off after that but I might treat myself to a pedicure or take a day off or something of that sort! :D)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:40 pm

ganymede wrote:Bringing it home, gf, promise!!! ;) Been working hard out, eye on the prize, NOTHING has got my focus like this does. I just have to keep pushing hard out til I get my numbers down again into new and improved numbers ;) (not saying I'll slack off after that but I might treat myself to a pedicure or take a day off or something of that sort! :D)

Heck go for broke woman.....go a day off / sickie and get treat yourself to a MANPEDI !!!! :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:11 pm

Keep it simple.

Concentrate on the basics and before you know it success will sweep you up into the heavens! 8)

Do it one day at a time. Do that day the best way you can. :D

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges