It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:31 am

Free Newsletter

Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby ganymede » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:09 am

Keeping it very simple right now, Kim. I'm extremely busy at work so that coupled with the gym and I'm away from home 12.5 hours each day. Probably a good thing as it keeps me busy and not thinking about eating naughty things. I know if I just keep on doing what I'm doing, I'll get there one day at a time ;)

90.6kg as of this morning :D
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:46 pm

It is always when we are idle that the stomach wanders from the true path. May you long be busy! :shock: :lol:

You are doing very well at present. You should be proud of your turn around and your progress. :D

Now...keep at it!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:05 pm

Am in complete agreement with you! As much as the busy days are very exhausting, it's also great because they days goes by fast and each day the scales drop! It's a good "jump start" to the forever journey ahead :) and one I'm more than ready for. 4 weeks of insane busy work load shall fingers crossed see me around the 87kg mark. I'll work my butt off to get there, I'm ready!
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:52 pm

I'm excited for you! :D
I truly believe that this challenge will bring great rewards for you. 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby JP1 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:09 am

ganymede wrote:Am in complete agreement with you! As much as the busy days are very exhausting, it's also great because they days goes by fast and each day the scales drop! It's a good "jump start" to the forever journey ahead :) and one I'm more than ready for. 4 weeks of insane busy work load shall fingers crossed see me around the 87kg mark. I'll work my butt off to get there, I'm ready!

4 weeks? My board reports have been sent out tonight ;) my auditors are locked in for next week, just a couple of ad hoc projects and getting our new banking facilities over the finish line and JP can go back to hibernation for another year..
:lol:
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Blitz » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:19 am

My wife had a boss like you once...she did all the work and he got all the kudos! :lol: :wink:

Hibernation? - I don't think so...there's weight to be lost! :)

Kim
Blitz

Postby JP1 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:09 am

Blitz wrote:My wife had a boss like you once...she did all the work and he got all the kudos! :lol: :wink:

Hibernation? - I don't think so...there's weight to be lost! :)

Kim

Hehe, yeah my mind is in completely the right place at present all round.. As for the job, it's mostly auto pilot during the year, systems and procedures in place, I can mostly work remote and I have great staff who have been with us a fair time, are happy and know their jobs under me..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby DD Diva » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:41 am

Though sad, if you feel like a slave to your boss/job :cry: far more preferable to feel like a loyal servant, as long as you don't become a slave to your body's call for replenishment at the end of a long working day, you will be the master in your battles!!! :wink: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:53 am

Blitz wrote:I'm excited for you! :D

Kim

I'm SUPER PUMPED for you Shelley, I know you and SassyT will rock this place, lead the charge on this battle and of course do us girls proud!!! I can't wait to see your results at the next weigh in, you'll (pardon the pun) BLITZ it!!! :wink: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:11 am

DD Diva wrote:
Blitz wrote:I'm excited for you! :D

Kim

I'm SUPER PUMPED for you Shelley, I know you and SassyT will rock this place, lead the charge on this battle and of course do us girls proud!!! I can't wait to see your results at the next weigh in, you'll (pardon the pun) BLITZ it!!! :wink: :lol:

:lol: This forum is filled with puns and metaphors and I wouldn't have it any other way!!! ;)

Terry and I are going to be kicking a lot of butt from here from now on, I can feel it :) First weigh in is tomorrow morning so I will post results then. Then after that, back into the 80's and to get some new numbers again! I've gotta say I'm exhausted though :cry: working such long days then hitting the gym (or kettle bells like last night) is getting harder. I have a bit of a sore throat this morning and nose is sniffly...deciding if it's a good idea to do aqua aerobics tonight or not. I want to keep my exercising up but I'm worried getting out of a warm pool into cold air and driving home in wet togs is not going to do me any favours. Will see how I feel!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:18 am

ganymede wrote: Terry and I are going to be kicking a lot of butt from here from now on, I can feel it :) First weigh in is tomorrow morning so I will post results then. Then after that, back into the 80's and to get some new numbers again! I've gotta say I'm exhausted though :cry: working such long days then hitting the gym (or kettle bells like last night) is getting harder. I have a bit of a sore throat this morning and nose is sniffly...deciding if it's a good idea to do aqua aerobics tonight or not. I want to keep my exercising up but I'm worried getting out of a warm pool into cold air and driving home in wet togs is not going to do me any favours. Will see how I feel!

Hey Shelley,

I know you're working long hours, and exercise can be difficult to squeeze in during these times. However, if you're feeling a bit "run down" to boot, perhaps braving the cold air is not ideal; why not see if you can get your hands on one of those exercise DVDs or download one from youtube, and enjoy an indoor workout at your own pace then if it gets too much (with your sniffles) you can stop temporarily???

Just a thought....

Whatever you decide, do look after yourself gf
xx
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:30 am

Some of these things that may go through your mind as you work through the DVD :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Workout-DVD-Thoughts.jpg
Workout-DVD-Thoughts.jpg (55.21 KiB) Viewed 766 times
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:25 pm

:lol: Omg Diva, I was laughing so hard reading that picture. It is completely spot on! And to boot, I do the exercises in my room which is not a very large space at all :lol:

I am giving aqua a miss tonight but will probably drag the exercise bike inside, put on some tunes and pump out at least half an hour in the warmth of my room. I'm feeling much better after a sugar free V (I know, they're BAD, you don't gotta tell me. I don't drink them often though and find they definitely do help when I'm feeling that 4:30itis :P )

Anyway, today was crazy busy, I almost started crying :lol: I'm up to date now though and looking forward to a relaxing night :mrgreen:
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:40 pm

I can relate to that cartoon as well. It's rather good to know that your brain isn't the only one that has these kind of thoughts running through them.

One key thought that runs in my head however that is missing here...is the one about reaching the half way point. About one third of the way on my exercise bike (or run or whatever) I start to feel the strain. That is when I tell my mind to at least make it to the half way point. When I get there I then tell myself that I should at least go over the half way point. So I do a bit more and then I say to myself "why not try and do half of what is left to do". When I get there I finally say - "just a little bit more to the finish...might as well finish it off". I've been known to half the halves so much that the last five minutes are a maths nightmare! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:52 pm

CALLING T TO THE PODIUM!!!!! :lol:
- Shelley

ganymede

Previous

Return to Challenges