It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:21 am

Free Newsletter

Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sas and Shell's Chubby Challenge 2011

Postby ganymede » Tue May 24, 2011 10:04 pm

The mind is a very powerful thing and having gone through some things a while back, I've learned to not let my mind control me because it can and will if we let it. If I'm having a bad day or things just seem insurmountable then I just say "I must just be tired and need a good rest. Tomorrow will be better" and I get a good night's sleep and relax and feel better in the morning. I think the same thing works for weight loss. And breaking it down into small goals is a great way of looking at things and thinking "Yes, that is achievable". And it is! We just need to teach our mind's and body's who is boss and what our body really needs to feel good and feel positive and that is good food and staying active.

How simple is it and yet it is so hard to maintain sometimes!? So many bad foods/drinks have been created that really shouldn't even exist. And not just because I can't resist them :P

Anyway, end of rant! Tomorrow is a new day!! :)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Wed May 25, 2011 6:12 pm

Hey Mate how are you feeling today?
Its pay day for me I have to be extra good during the day just budgeting for my calories later tonight. I will have to sit and think of my choices though coz I am going out tonight even thought its a school night but my boyfriend insisted we went out. I am now taking a vow not to go crazy and loose the spirit so its done.
I had a good excersise this morning again yippie! I felt really great during and afterwards. I seem to be really back on track.
I hope you are back to it too! :)
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Wed May 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Feeling pretty meh at the moment but I think I'm just really tired lol. Otherwise, it's been a good day for losing weight 8) I stuck to my eating and went for my 45 minute walk this morning and also did 100 ab crunches and 100 ab twists when I got home! :lol: Did a stupid and got on the scales this morning and I'd gained 605 grams :shock: But you know how scales are sometimes... need to make sure I stop weighing myself all the time and wait til next week! I will wait til Wednesday I think. So I MUST keep going and look forward to weighing in then :) I'm sure there are healthier options you can go for tonight, even if you have to be lame and order a salad (I always feel lame saying "I'll just have the salad" :P) and you could have something healthy later on if you are still peckish! Or soup, seeing as it is soooo cold here in Brissy!! Looking forward to getting in my nice warm bed early and getting a good night's rest :wink: Gotta love those really feel good work outs, they are the best! :)

We are on fire! :mrgreen:
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby ganymede » Thu May 26, 2011 8:23 am

The scales are telling me on 1kg heavier than on Monday :( Could one meal really have done all that damage!? Bah! Probably just overanalysing and should stop getting on the scales so soon lol. NO more scale hopping, I am going to weight until next week to weigh in and keep moving forward til then. Not worry, besides Tuesday and lunch on Sunday, I have been sticking to my guns and have exercised everyday so all will be well :wink:
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Thu May 26, 2011 6:37 pm

I have also gained about 400grams (back to 85.4kg) so we are in the same boat, I have not been exactly at my best with food (nothing hectic though) :roll: but I dont really worry about the fluctuations the only reading I consider is the one I take every monday and besides its TTOM :cry: I am kinda allowed to gain lol... I guess we just have to wait for our weigh-in days and see.

I also insist that we stop weighing in between the week (I know its easier said than done) the fluctuations can be a huge demotivation (especially a gain) at the same time the losses can be such a great motivation :? . so maybe lets just go with the flow...

Looks like we are both doing right and I am happy with that :)
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Thu May 26, 2011 9:02 pm

I agree, no more "checking the scales" in between weigh in's, it is making me very sad indeed lol! And I was sooo happy on Tuesday (before the Red Rooster :P) and I know I am doing all I can to lose weight by sticking to my diet and I have exercised every day this week so far, so that is all I can do! I will be making Wednesday my official weigh in day from now on and not a day sooner :) Must resist temptation to step on the scales everyday, it is definitely NOT helping though :roll:

I still think my scales are plotting against me this week :P Oh well, let us see what next week brings! Seriously, 83 point anything-grams would be fabbo! Even if it's 83.9kg LOL.
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Thu May 26, 2011 9:08 pm

That is excatly what I am aiming for in my wishfull little mind lol :P I can actually get it I just need to practise some discipline here and there

Good luck lets see what next weeks has instore for us
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Thu May 26, 2011 9:22 pm

I'm just sooo worried that I've gained from just having a couple of bad meals or that I'm plateauing already :shock: I think that's why I still keep weighing myself everyday to prove the scales wrong but alas :( I really hope I don't gain weight that easily just from a couple of bad meals eek!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Thu May 26, 2011 9:27 pm

Isnt Plateau supposed to come after some time of weightloss. I just think its those fluctuations. NB some people do not get plateaus at all. Sad but true
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Thu May 26, 2011 9:35 pm

Damn them!!! :P I had to change my program once when I first lost weight from plateau but then I had lost a heap of weight in the first month haha. I'm going with it's fluctuations and that next week will definitely better and that this is NOT the time to give up and even if I don't lose anything, maintaining is good also. I promised myself I would not gain weight at this point again and I'm sticking to it :wink:
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Thu May 26, 2011 9:56 pm

Actually this was my turning point the last time I was loosing weight which is why I am desparate for a break through. I need to see that 84 something or 83 then I will know that I am moving on. I think its just the mind. Thats how powerful it is!

I dont know how to deal with the plateau I hope it does not come anytime soon. Maybe at my 70's I would be Ok with them
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Thu May 26, 2011 10:05 pm

I agree! My mind is making it very hard! I wish I could just block it out and say "No, I'm keeping on going and not getting upset about the stupid scales" but it is so hard!

And when I plateaued, I literally added in carrot sticks or some healthy snacks in between my three main meals and I started losing again lol! Probably not that easy all the time :lol:
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Sun May 29, 2011 9:32 pm

NOTE TO SELF:

You cannot handle sweet things any more! Even though you chose granola instead of chocolate, you're not paying for it with a delightful migraine :( Next time, have a back up plan. Buy a couple of Weight Watcher's small ice cream tubs and if I craving comes on, have ONE of those and don't make granola or go off the rails!!! (not completely but enough for one weekend.)

This week is going to be better and I AM going to lose weight and if I don't, I won't get disheartened, I will WORK HARDER.
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Sassyt » Mon May 30, 2011 5:27 pm

Hey Nice note to yourself girlie...
Well I did it I made it to 84kg well 84.1kg :roll: this morning. Suprising coz i cheated a loooot... but anyway I am not complaining I am keeping going I can smell my next goal I guess in the next 2 weeks it would be as good as achieved :wink:

I hope you get another loss this wednesday Shell. I am just so happy to be on the decrease mode again.
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby ganymede » Mon May 30, 2011 7:50 pm

Woot congrats girlie, you deserve it! *happy dance*

Urgh...today was horrible. I woke up with a migraine still and was feeling sick. Tried to eat some porridge and threw up afterwards so no work for me today. Had a dry piece of wholemeal toast and a cup of tea with one sugar to settle my stomach but had bad cravings for savoury food as I was feeling rather queasy. Ended up having about 7 water crackers, big bowl of mashed potato :shock: and two pieces of Toblerone that I hadn't touched for a whole month :( And tonight I had two egg white toasted sandwiches because I was sooo hungry and craving savoury food still. PLUS I forgot to take my pill over the weekend so TTOM came again bah! I'm not sure if I want to weigh in this week... Thinking I might leave it til early next week now as I'm feeling pretty meh today and don't want to be disheartened by the scales!

Blah!!
- Shelley

ganymede

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges