It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:20 pm

Free Newsletter

July 2011 Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: July 2011 Challenge

Postby Pauly » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi guys,

I know it's late to jump into a July challenge, but I'd like to offer my moral support and empathy.
I have just joined the site, and started my journey 1 week ago.
I posted a thread in the introduction section, which explains just how hefty I am right now and also the routine I am creating.
One week down and it's all looking good, and I am being pretty rigid with both exercise and diet (and removed all emotion from the process). I am weighing in daily, after my morning poo ;-) It keeps a degree of consistency in what I am measuring, so I can see a trend (more important than the actual day vs. day weight loss).

My diet excludes all carbs, dairy, sugars (even fruit is banned) etc, and is instead 5 mini meals of meat & green vegies. Most of the meat is fish, and everything is portioned to the correct weight (dinner meal is smallest, but I am not usually hungry by that stage, after 4 meaty meals). It ends up being about 900g of meat/egg/fish and 1-1.5kg of vegies each day. A few supplements, of course.
Gym is daily and approx. 1.5 hrs, mixing cardio, weights and power/vibration plate.

Any ideas on what else I could do? I am confident I can stick at this for at least a few months despite impending holidays, as meat & veg are pretty universal. My partner is doing the same thing, though she has a P/T and her gym regime is a little different.
Pauly

Postby JP1 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:57 am

Like wipeout!
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Hanhan » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:38 pm

It's great to see you're staying positive ganymede, how are things going for you now? I've put on a couple of kgs the last week or so which is a bum but I'm going to start working on an August goal of 93kgs, since I'm now sitting back at 98 :/ I refuse to hit the 100s again, I promised myself I'd never go back there.
Whats your goal for next month?
*Back on the wagon after a bit of a backslide*

Mini Goals:
105kg - 17/05/12
100kg - 17/06/12
97kg - 17/07/12
95kg - 17/08/12
92kg - 17/09/12
90kg - 17/10/12
Hanhan

Postby ganymede » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:16 am

Things are going pretty well. I am trying to calorie cycle at the moment and upping my intake a bit so that when I use My Fitness Pal, my "net calories" (calorie intake minus exercise) is just under 1200 which essentially means I am eating about 1350 or more calories a day. I will see how this works for me coupled with 60 minutes walking 5-6 days a week. I am content with it being a little slower going now as I have finally hit the 70's. My goodness, it is a great feeling :) Haven't been this low since probably 2007 which is exciting! Starting to think a bit more realistically and not being as harsh on myself, have re-assessed my goals to smaller gradual loses and should hopefully hit my goal by my birthday next year! I think at first yes, I needed a kickstart and to see some amazing loses. And I have. 12.45kg gone since I started again and I am damn proud of it! So now it is more of a lifestyle change than a kickstart to weight loss. Which needed to happen eventually and my body needs it I think. I don't want to be gaining weight because my body is in starvation mode so it's time for a change ;)

Don't worry about a couple of kg, it happens to the best of us at the best of times. So long as you don't let it continue to get out of hand, you will be just fine :) I know you are very determined, just like myself and you wouldn't let that happen. Sometimes we need some bad food, it's just the way things go! Looking forward to seeing you have a loss again this week ;)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby ganymede » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:30 am

OH! And my goal for next month is 76kg. Something small and achievable. I weighed in this morning and the scales said 78.9kg which is exciting! Only a preliminary weigh in but I'm tempted to take it and then leave the scales til Wednesday next week :P Like that will happen... :lol: But I can still try haha. I think I won't be as stressed about it now that I'm not being so uber strict. Still eating cereals, fruits, vegetables and grain breads but more of it and less boring things, which I am looking forward to.

So now my intake is as follows (for most days anyway):

Breakfast: 2.5 cup of cornflakes with skim milk and tea with skim milk, no sugar

MT: apple and a cup of tea, skim milk, no sugar

Lunch: Cheese and tomato toasted sandwich on wholemeal bread, no butter and an apple

AT: pear and a cup of tea

Dinner: Lean cuisine meal or the like with extra vegetables and a cup of tea

:) This, for me, is exciting eating LOL.
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Hanhan » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Nice, that is an achievable goal :) I'm so happy that you're now comfortably sitting in the 70s and working your way down slowly! It must be amazing. I'm going to weigh in again on Sunday, the last official day of this month, I'm not expecting any change because it's only like four days away, even though I'm back on the wagon now I'm not wonder woman! I'm more using Sundays weigh in as a starting weight for August, however I wouldn't mind the head start of dropping a few grams before then :p

I've added an hours walking three days a week into my travel for getting to Uni, It's not the only exercise I'll be doing obviously but I'm excited that I can fit being healthy and getting fit into my lifestyle without too much hassle.

I just need to work out a new system for the days I won't be walking, Mondays and Fridays and Saturdays with Sunday as my 'oh crap I haven't worked on this assignment' day :lol: I'm thinking of maybe taking a dance class, that is, if I get this part time job so I have more money :) Guess we'll just have to wait and see, I'm changing so much right now it's a little daunting. I'm not keen on heading back to the gym yet, because I'm not sure I'll spend as much time as I should there and I'm really not in a place to be wasting money.

Researching dance classes starts now.

Mini Goals:
105kg - 17/05/12
100kg - 17/06/12
97kg - 17/07/12
95kg - 17/08/12
92kg - 17/09/12
90kg - 17/10/12
Hanhan

Postby Hanhan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:21 am

Ten weeks till my twenty first! Gah, I really, really want to be in the 80s for my Birthday, time to put a fire under my ass and get working. I'm sitting at 98 consistently at the moment, which honestly I'm happy with since I actually got back up to 99 during my off the wagon time :/ NOT GOOD. So the goal for August is 93, that's what 5kgs, hopefully I'll manage it even though it seems like a lot. I spoke to my health professional recently about the fact that everybody says to only drop a kg a week and was told that at my current weight up to 2kgs a week is fine, It's when I start getting down into the small 80s and big 70s that I should make sure It's not much more than a kg a week.
Sorry, rambling and I've said most of this before but I really need to motivate myself at the moment haha.
Whose for starting an August challenge?

Mini Goals:
105kg - 17/05/12
100kg - 17/06/12
97kg - 17/07/12
95kg - 17/08/12
92kg - 17/09/12
90kg - 17/10/12
Hanhan

Previous

Return to Challenges