It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:31 am

Free Newsletter

My Two Months Weight Loss Boosting Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

My Two Months Weight Loss Boosting Challenge

Postby ganymede » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:23 am

Well, I decided at the beginning of the week that due to a couple of weeks of absolutely ridiculously bad eating habits and little to no exercise (I had the flu somewhere in there too and I could have saved myself some weigh gain if I'd only stopped eating bad once I could eat again, I was 78.75kg bah!) that I am going to challenge myself to change and to jump start what I am calling "Round Two" of my weight loss journey. Yes, I am just inching into the 70's and I am damn proud of it. I have lost 11.7kg and am feeling fantastic! But I really really want to get back down to where I finished, so to speak, from the last time I lost weight. Which is around 73kg if I remember correctly.

SO, to get there and even further, I have decided to challenge myself for the next two months. No bad foods or drinks will touch my lips. No chocolate, pancakes, ice cream, takeaway, oily/fatty foods, carb overloaded foods, pasta, white breads, potato (except in my pumpkin soup), biscuits, chips, NUTELLA (urgh!), no over indulging, even if it's good foods. Staying under calories everyday. EVERYDAY. NO alcohol, no full sugar soft drink, no fruit juice, only tea, water and diet soft drinks.

I will exercise, at LEAST 5 days a week but ultimately aiming for 6-7 if possible. I WILL make sure I do one huge exercise a week (I'm talking 120 minutes of walking, really working it!)

I will get enough sleep and stay positive.

I will NOT touch the scales until my weekly weigh in day which will be Wednesday morning (this is going to be the hardest part of the challenge! LOL, go figure) So, 7 days between weigh in's, no more, no less.

This challenge commenced Tuesday 9th of August and will end (but not really, I just want to work extra hard to "jump start" so to speak) on Saturday 1st of October.

The only exception to this challenge is one of my best friend's getting married in September, there may be some drinking involved to celebrate and I'm not sure what the food will be like so I am setting a warning beforehand because I cannot be 100% sure. If the food is healthy then all good, the drinking will be the only issue and I don't drink much so I should be okay :wink:

My daily eating plan will look something like this:

Breakfast:

2 3/4 cup of cornflakes with skim milk
Cup of tea with skim milk, no sugar
Cup of coffee when I got to work with no sugar and light milk

Morning Tea:

Optifast vanilla shake made on water

Lunch:

1 serve of homemade pumpkin soup
1 wholemeal bread roll
375ml diet coke

Afternoon Tea:

Four berry mix (frozen berries) about 50-60g with 100g jalna no fat yoghurt
Green tea with jasmine

Dinner:

1 serve of homemade cauliflower soup
Approx. 6-8 slices of mustard rosemary potato (approx. one serve)

Snack:

Biggest loser choc hazelnut bar
Cup of tea with skim milk, no sugar

Approx. 1100 cals per day. Sometimes I bounce between this and 1300, depending on my exercise for the day.

And exercise each day will be between 60-70 minutes of brisk walking, depending how tired/sore I am for the day, usually I can get up to 70 mins easy but today for instance, I did gym last night so there wasn't much time between work outs and my calves were very tender :P

Who wants to join me!? C'mon, this is going to be great! I've been sticking it out for 4 days (pathetic, I know :P) and already I can feel the benefits of eating well and exercising. Only 50 days to go! ;) Hahahaha!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Re: My Two Months Weight Loss Boosting Challenge

Postby yogibbear » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:45 am

Just a suggestion, but I would definitely be tempted to add in at least 1 treat meal every 2 weeks into this plan so that you have a mini goal to look forward to. Realistically, can you stick to this lifestyle for the rest of your life? If not, then add in set dates where you can diverge (not over-indulge, just try something different). Pick 1 thing, have the date set, then leading up to it whenever you think you might have a biscuit with that morning coffee or whatever you can say "No, I can't have that because on Sunday I'll have <insert whatever treat you've picked>". This should help to supress any evil-inner thoughts when you are feeling hungry/dehydrated/tired/etc.
yogibbear

Re: My Two Months Weight Loss Boosting Challenge

Postby ganymede » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:24 pm

Hey yoggie, thanks for the suggestion! :) I have decided that every Saturday will be my " a few more calories than normal" day for the week in which I will probably not lose anything or not much but maintain. I did this today, I still did 50 mins of walking but I ate about 1900 cals so my net intake was about 1680 cals for the day. I changed the settings on My Fitness Pal to "lose 1 pound per week" which is 450g so that for my Saturday it will still be within calories but just a higher intake in general. I am going to do this because we usually get up at about 3:30am to do photography at the coast and because I'm awake longer I get so so hungry and require more to eat to get through the day so it makes sense to not be stressed and hungry trying to stick to strict calories when I'm starving! This is the solution and will also teach me how to maintain my weight without going overboard and binge eating.

So all in all a win win plan ;)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Return to Challenges