It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:16 am

Free Newsletter

My Crissy Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

My Crissy Challenge

Postby Neney » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:25 am

Hi Guys.

Well I've decided to post up my own challenge. I actually started this fitness thing about a month ago..but as you can see my ticker hasn't moved. I seemed to just fizzle out. :roll: But yesterday my husband actually SAID something about me losing weight. Up until now he's been great, telling me I'm always beautiful to him etc etc. I was really shocked, he said it in the most polite way he could, it still cut like a knife though. :( . I've been unable to really think of anything else since.

So...

I'm going to aim for 10 Kilo's by the end of December. I'm big, so I know it's possible. I just have to really work hard. And not fall off like I always do.

Well, I just wanted to post this, because if others see it...I will feel the push that much more.

Here we go!
Mini Goal - Reach Double Digits!! 99kgs

Neney

Postby KimE » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:39 am

Hi Neney best of luck with your challenge mate. Stay focused and determined and you will get there.

It is hard to hear these things from our loved ones. My hubby was similar and would tell me I look fine and sexy and he loves me. I would always say to him tell me if I am getting too big. When he started to say little things he mostly commented on how much I ate and it would hurt me but I knew he was right. I could eat like you wouldn’t believe and twice as much as him and he’s a big man. It’s strange though, I would ask him to tell me what he thought and when he did I would get cut, he of course knew that so then he wouldn’t say anything and I would go on my merry way and the cycle would continue. I finally broke that cycle by realising I had to do this for myself, it wasn’t about what others thought of me it was about what I thought of me and I figured that I didn't think much of how I looked or felt. I could feel how unhealthy I had become and knew the time had come for a change.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:17 am

hi neney

as horrible as it is to hear sometimes you need to hear it from those who love you most. my fiance mick has always liked big women. all his ex's are big girls. now im down to a size he has never seen me at before. i was a 16 when i met him and now im a 12. but anyway maybe hubby is just worried about your health. best wishes for losing the weight you want to lose. im losing track of the days! i keep thinking its december already! were here to support you neney:)
kate_turner2000

Postby Neney » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:03 pm

Thanks guys.
Yeah, I know he meant me no harm, I did the same thing as you Kim, I asked him to just be honest with me, and when he does it just kills me. So he keeps quiet most of the time. Although I have told him now as soon as he sees me slipping to get on my back and does.

I've also convinced a friend to do it with me! Which has given me a whole new hope, everyday we are going to do 45mins of Aerobics, we have already done todays session

I am very excited about it all now.

Neney

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:48 pm

that sounds like great fun neney!! keep going :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:59 pm

Good on you Neney, keep it up. It is great to enlist the help of those around you. I have also told my hubby to let me know if I start slipping into old habits as I really don't want to go through the whole weightloss thing again....ever! I pray those are not famous last words. :D
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:09 am

You will look back when you have lost all your weight Neney and realise that as much as it hurt...he was right!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Neney » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:54 pm

Yeah Ally, I think so too! (Just can't wait until I'm at that stage where I am looking back lol)

Well today, is that dreaded second day. I always give up after a day, and today I went to my friends and we did aerobics again! It was harder today, because I'm still sore from yesterday. Speaking of which, I actually did another half hour of aerobics last night after dinner.
And I now have a weight loss chart that I've created stuck on the fridge, which will help me should I go there wanting to snack!

So, still feeling very positive.

Neney

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:30 pm

well if you are ever in need of some inspiration come here neney. there are some great 'losers' here who have come a long way and can inspire you.
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:21 am

You just take it one step at a time and then you won't realise how quickly you will be looking back mate!!! Keep going and you will get there...good on you with the aerobics..you may be a bit sore, but that is another thing that if you stick at you will look back at 6 months time and go "Wow look how much easier this is now"!! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Neney » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:28 am

I need one of those boots up the butt! I don't know why but I expected results in the first couple of days..I must stop myself wanting to get on the scales every morning...it's so dissapointing not to see results..although my muscles are sore so I know whatever I'm doing is having an effect

Neney

Postby Neney » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:51 pm

1.5kgs down !

8.5 to go!

Neney

Postby KimE » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:03 pm

Nice work Neney! :D

Keep it up.