It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:11 am

Free Newsletter

NEW 12 WEEK CHALLENGE - STARTS 17th March 2012

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

NEW 12 WEEK CHALLENGE - STARTS 17th March 2012

Postby sarahlovesjeff » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:08 pm

Everyone needs a bit of motivation so I thought I would try to start one of these up again (I hope that's okay)

I'd like us to start 17th March 2012 and end 9th June 2012

So I would like you to answer these questions and be prepared to train hard and cry a little to get closer to your goal! :)

Name:
Age: (Only if you are brave, don't feel that you have to answer this)
Height:
Weight:
Goal Weight in 12 weeks:
What is your motivation:
What is your pledge for week 1: (This could be anything, eg. no chocolate, no soft drink, reduce amount of alcohol/cigs to _____, do another km on the bike at the gym etc.)

And some extra questions (Up to you if you want to answer these)
What are your other measurements?: (This could be good for you to look back on in 12 weeks)
Are you studying (if so, what)?
Do you have any children (Ages?)?
Your biggest fear about exercise/weight loss?

If you want to add more about yourself, then feel free, this will help other community members get to know you more and at the end of the 12 weeks you will be able to see where you've come from and what you've had to overcome to get to where you are.

Every Friday night I will be posting up a template and a couple of questions for you to answer about your week, You are to check in your weight every Saturday and include the template/questions that have been posted on Friday. (I suggest that you weigh yourself every Saturday morning and do it around the same time every Saturday)

Please feel free to motivate each other and chitta chat! :)

Sarah
๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Currently: 109.8
Start: 109.8
①: ②: ③: ④: ⑤:
⑥: ⑦: ⑧: ⑨: ⑩:
⑪: ⑫:
Pledge for week 1: Eat more fruit and veggies
sarahlovesjeff

Re: NEW 12 WEEK CHALLENGE - STARTS 17th March 2012

Postby sarahlovesjeff » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:14 pm

Name: Sarah
Height: 162cm
Weight: 110.9
Goal Weight in 12 weeks: I'd like to lose 18kgs but I would be happy to get under 100kgs
What is your motivation: My boyfriend motivates me like crazy, and you guys of course! :)
What is your pledge for week 1: In week 1 I plan to walk around the lake and try to complete it in an hour and 45 mins
Are you studying? I've taken a break until semester 2, I'm studying for an education degree
Your biggest fear about exercise/weight loss? I'm worried about skin flab! Weirdest thing to be worried about.. Maybe I've watched too many of those shows on weight loss???

I'll have a week 1 template up on Friday, be prepared to put your starting weight in on Saturday 17th!

Sarah =]
๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
sarahlovesjeff

Postby SugarandSpice » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:00 pm

That's really great Sarah - very in depth!! I am in the middle of a 10 week challenge in another thread - but will join this one too!!
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Postby SugarandSpice » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:12 pm

Name: Vicki
Height: 169cm
Weight: 122.2kg (05/03/12) - will update on 17th
Goal Weight in 12 weeks: will update on 17th
What is your motivation: be healthier and more confident
What is your pledge for week 1: Ride exercise bike for at least 20 minutes each day.

What are your other measurements?: will input on 17th
Are you studying ? - Am still undecided as to what degree to focus on - I am studying online and have completed 4 units - which can go to a number of degrees... have to make a decision soon though lol
Do you have any children (Ages?)? yes - 18, 16 and 14
Your biggest fear about exercise/weight loss? That I wont succeed
SugarandSpice

Postby sarahlovesjeff » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:18 pm

Thanks Vicki!

What degrees are you thinking of doing?

I am also worried that I won't succeed and that I'll just go back to how I was... that's why I wanted to do this, I needed motivation and having to be on myself and type in results and templates encourages me to keep going. Peer pressure in a way?
๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
sarahlovesjeff

Postby SugarandSpice » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:49 pm

I know that is why I love this site... the guilt trip I feel if I do not 'stick to my guns' and having to admit it to everyone motivates me...

I started out thinking I would do BA community development, but got really put off by a sociology unit, lol. So now I am thinking of IT? I am even thinking of teaching - but am wondering if by the time I finish I will be too old? I would probably be 45/46??

I am thinking what I really want to do is help others - But maybe not in the traditional ways like social work etc.. I would like to be a motivator, help people get organised and achieve goals - financial, weight, household etc.. like a life coach... have to look into it further - but also need to take control of my own life first!! I have a disabled son and would like to work with other families with disabled children or single parents specifically... who knows??? But at 42 you would think I would know what I want to be when I grow up by now!!! :lol:
SugarandSpice

Postby sarahlovesjeff » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:08 pm

I don't think it matters what age you finish by, as long as you enjoy it and you are motivated.
I had a bit of a 'life crisis' (hence the start of my weight loss journey) and stopped studying, tried a few different units but realised that I do want to be a pre-school teacher, so I'm going back to that degree in semester 2.

Maybe you could do something like community service, but look into organizing events? Just from what I've been reading, I think you'd be great at that! Maybe look into the area and see if you could get in? Then they would pay for your education?? =] Worth a try!
๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
sarahlovesjeff

Postby Jarrah25 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:59 am

Hi,

I would love to take part in your challenge, group support with individual goals works great for me.

Name:Jess
Height: 164
Weight: 68
Goal Weight in 12 weeks: 62
What is your motivation: My wedding is in October and I really want to get back to the weight I was when I met my partner (which was 60.5kgs)
What is your pledge for week 1: I am going away for a long weekend on friday, my goal is to exercise at least twice over the weekend even though I am on mini-holiday.

And some extra questions (Up to you if you want to answer these)
What are your other measurements?: will enter on the 17th (need to find a tape measure lol
Are you studying: I work full time (sometimes more than full time) and I am currently completing a certIV for work.
Do you have any children (Ages?)? Only a fur child
Your biggest fear about exercise/weight loss? That it is a constant struggle and I will not be able to maintan it (One of my goals in the 12 weeks is to find an exercise I LOVE doing).

I have already been working hard on getting my diet better and just need the motivation to resist the bad stuff when I am tired or upset (emotional eater!). I started trying to lose weight on my own when my partner and I got engaged in August last year and have lost 4 kg since this time but at that rate I will not be at my goal weight and in the habit of maintaining it by October.
Jarrah25

Postby YankeeOnTheCoast » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:57 am

Hi Everyone! I'd love to join this challenge. I just started getting serious about my weight loss about 6 weeks ago and want to stay on track.

Name: Ashley
Height: 160
Weight: 68.4 (March 11th) - I started at 72.5 at the beginning of February.
Goal Weight in 12 weeks: 60
What is your motivation: I lost 18kg in 2008, went to university and gained 13kg back. I want to be healthy and fit so I can pursue my employment dreams of being a police officer.
What is your pledge for week 1: Get in at least 90 minutes of cardio.

What are your other measurements?: I'll update before the start date. Gotta find a chart so I know I'm doing it correctly.
Are you studying: I'm completing my Master's in Justice Administration online through my undergrad uni in the States.
Do you have any children (Ages?)? My fur child, a 3 year old Australian Cattle Dog/Corgi X named Darla
Your biggest fear about exercise/weight loss? That I'll gain it all back again.

Other: I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois. I interned abroad in Sydney with the NSW Supreme Court in 2010. I fell in love with the country (and a wonderful Australian man) and I relocated here in August.
๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGE۩๑
Currently: 65.4
Start: 68.2
①: 67.7 ②: 67.2 ③: 66.7 ④: 66.5 ⑤: 66.3 ⑥: 66.0
⑦: 65.5 ⑧: 65.5 ⑨:65.5 ⑩:65.5 ⑪:65.4 ⑫:
YankeeOnTheCoast

Postby sarahlovesjeff » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Welcome guys!

I can't wait to start! (And it's only Tuesday!!)

Jess, a big congratulations for your up and coming wedding!! You have a lot of motivation there! Have you been looking for dresses?

Ashley, one of my biggest fears is that I'll gain it all back too. =/ But I think when we get to where we want to be, we will know how hard it was to get there, and try to not get to that point again.
๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
sarahlovesjeff

Postby YankeeOnTheCoast » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Sarah,

I totally agree. It's just always in the back of my head since I've lost weight and it (almost) all back again. But, I lost the weight the first time and it require almost no effort. I dropped it incredibly quick just by watching what I was eating. I guess I didn't respect what I had earned and gained it all back when I was at school. This time I'm definitely working harder!
๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGE۩๑
Currently: 65.4
Start: 68.2
①: 67.7 ②: 67.2 ③: 66.7 ④: 66.5 ⑤: 66.3 ⑥: 66.0
⑦: 65.5 ⑧: 65.5 ⑨:65.5 ⑩:65.5 ⑪:65.4 ⑫:
YankeeOnTheCoast

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:41 pm

Thank you, I'd love to join your challenge.

Name: Mary
Height: 153
Weight: update 17th
Goal Weight in 12 weeks: update 17th
What is your motivation: To be fit and healthy by the time I retire in December
What is your pledge for week 1: Not to look around the house for nibbles just before and after dinner

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Currently: 93.9K
Start of challenge: 98.6
①97K: ②96.6K: ③96.3: ④95.6:⑤96.1:
⑥94.5: ⑦94.3: ⑧ 93.9: ⑨: ⑩:⑪: ⑫:
Pledge for week 10: NO excuses!
Retire_The_Fat

Postby sarahlovesjeff » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:53 pm

Welcome Mary!

Ashley, I know what you mean. especially when studying, it's easier to munch on a packet of chips while reading, I know how it is, and when I go back to Uni later this year, that is something I will need to look at as it is a bit of a worry too.
๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
sarahlovesjeff

Postby natharas » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:55 pm

Interested, is it only for females though?
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
natharas

Postby Jarrah25 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:44 am

Thanks Sarah, I have already purchased my dress - in a size that only just zips up the back (was hoping this would help motivate me as well).

Something simple that I have found that has really helped me eat healthier while at work (or could apply while you are at uni, etc) is to buy a lunch box with lots of compartments, I bought the one below from woolworths and it is great. On a typical day I fill the main section with a big salad (which I will add a tin of tuna or another protein to before eating). In the other section I will put celery, carrot and cucumber sticks and then eiter lot fat hommus or salsa in the little green container to dip them in and then finally I will put either some grapes or berries of some kind in the orange container (at the start when I was eating a bit more because I had only started my diet I put yoghurt in the orange container as it was more filling - now I use fruit because it satisfies my 3.30 sugar craving!).

I have found this good because it gives you variety each day, is easy to prepare in the morning or the night before and means you do not have to make the choice of what to buy that day or be tempted to buy in the afternoon because you are still hungry.

http://www.nudefoodmovers.com.au/Range/
๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Currently: 67.7
Start: 67.7
①: 67.7 ②:67.0 ③: 66.9 ④: ⑤:
Jarrah25

Next

Return to Challenges