It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:00 pm

Free Newsletter

Water only!!!

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Water only!!!

Postby Kindred » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:59 pm

I am challenging myself to drink nothing but water until the new year. I can't actually recall a time in my life ever that I have had nothing but water. It's actually rather scary now I come to think about it.
Kindred

Re: Water only!!!

Postby Kindred » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:12 pm

I'm doing ok so far. I have had one 600mL Feel Good Iced Coffee. about 1.5 liters of pepsi max and about 1 liter of diet cordial. Other than that I have been drinking water.
Kindred

Postby MissWard » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:53 am

thats a great challenge. I think i might have to try this as well. matter of fact I think i might start today.. make it like my mini goal.

Drink only water until NYE. then extended to monthly goals.

Thanks for the great idea. :)

Wish you the best of luck.
SW: 120kgs (20 Dec 2012)
GW: 75-80kgs
Time Frame: 20 weeks (9 May 2013)
MissWard

Postby stephanieclarejones » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:56 am

Hi,
I am curious to know how did you go with the rest of this challenge??

I am currently trying a similar approach and would love some advice from your experience with the challenge.
Previously I drank very little water at all but now with my new fitness plan I need to drink more so my body can keep up with the exercise, as a soft-drink addict this is a real challenge for me. What I am trialing at the moment as I found "cold turkey" was too hard is that if I set my self a daily water quota of approx 3 of my drink bottles (daily 1.5L) then I can reward myself with a small coke zero at dinner (one of the slim cans)

I chose this reward system after listening to Tony Robbins talk about associating things we don't enjoy with things we do, to try and rewire our thinking. I am hoping that associating my water drinking with my reward will have this affect.

Were you able to stick to the challenge? What did you find hardest? What tricks helped?
Stephanie

Author of A girl and her self-help books. http://stephanieclarejones.wordpress.com

Current Inspiration: "I may not be there yet, but i'm closer than I was yesterday"
stephanieclarejones

Postby Metalcharm » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:43 pm

I only drink water apart from one day a week when I'll shout myself a pepsi max. Even though there is minimal calories in diet drinks we can't fool ourselves that it's good for us . .it's full of chemicals that we don't need in our bodies and should only be drank minimally if at all.
I do have it a bit easier that I live out of town so if if isn't here then I can't drink it (also comes in handy for junk food!).
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby Kindred » Fri May 10, 2013 8:22 am

This challenge is too challenging! I couldnt do it for very long. I mostly drink water, diet cordial and diet soda now. I really gotta change the proportions to more water less of the other stuff.
Kindred

Postby Sarah91 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:16 pm

I can only stand water only up to 12 hours or half day and my stomach begins to ache. After 12 hours of fasting I take rice porridge only to regulate my stomach then water again. Then I eat a piece of soda cracker or toasted bread then water again. Then a little heavier food or fruit like banana then water again, so on and so forth.
Sarah91

Postby charley » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:36 pm

Don't give up guys. For myself I drink pretty much only water anyway just as a matter of habit (I don't keep soft drinks etc in the house). Sometimes if I feel like I need to have something other than water Ill drink kombucha tea or add some fresh lemon juice and ice into my water to change it up. I can't go more than a few hours without water otherwise I get quite a foggy brain and feel blerk. Usually once a week I do have a couple glasses of wine though. :D I don't touch artificial sweeteners as I find that I feel hungrier after consuming them (plus they aren't good for our bodies).
"The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.”
― Ann Wigmore
charley

Postby Sarah91 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:53 am

It is my habit to drink two glasses of water approximately 700 ml. one hour before breakfast. I am doing it for almost three years and it has really good effect in my digestive system, it helps me to have regular bowel movement. Throughout the day I drink 8-10 glasses of water that keeps me hydrated aside from the natural fruit juices and tea I am taking.
Sarah91

Postby Adder » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:52 pm

Hello all,

I was just wondering why you are all doing this? Just for the challenge?

I mean, there are plenty of other healthy things we can drink other than water (juice, tea, certain milks) ... why don't you just cut out the bad stuff and drink everything else?

Surely the important thing is simply that we drink a lot of water - whether or not it is the only thing we drink???
Adder

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:57 am

You are absolutely right Adder.
Unfortunately most here think that the only alternative to water is fizzy sugar drinks - and that's often the stuff that helped them along the path of being overweight! It's the sugar in the fizzy drinks, that they put in their teas and coffees and the sugared juices that aren't helpful. Water flavoured with a dash of natural juice, real tea and coffee unsullied by sugar and good natural milk will spice away the boredom of just drinking plain old water - day in and day out.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Challenges