It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:23 pm

Free Newsletter

June Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

June Challenge

Postby Sassyt » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:48 pm

I am already on the right track with the gym I go 6 times a week I do mostly the spin classes which I like so much and fit in some strenght training but I always struggle with the food. Its always been my downfall since I can remember.

For June I challenge myself to eat right, only have 1 free meal a week (if ever) :oops: and excercise 6 times a week and in the process hoping to loose 5kg in June which will put me down to 84.5kg by the end of June. This is very much achievable as long as I eat the right portions and keep exercising like I do. Unfortunaley atm I have flue (bad flue) so I can only focus on eating right and the exercise I can start once the flue is cleared :( I am hoping on Wednesday :roll: ... I am a bit annoyed at the flue as its stalling my progress but I shall live.

Anyone is welcome to join in the June challenge. :)
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Re: June Challenge

Postby Blitz » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Try some walking exercise whilst the flu has got you in it's grips (remember to rug up). It will be hard going at the start but you will find that exercise will actually help you feel better. Just getting over flu myself and I found the first 30 minutes on the exercise bike hard (coughing up lots of "gunk"...the joys of being asthmatic :shock: ) but after that the next 60 minutes it settled down. When I finished I felt a great deal better flu-wise. :D

Struggling with food eh? Don't we all! What is the difficulty for you? Is it portion size, certain food temptations, habit, social triggers, feeling like you're missing out or a mix of some or all of the above? Figuring out what trips us up and what strategies we can put into place for success is key to give us consistent victory.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Sassyt » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:23 am

Hey Kim being outside was a pain the past 2 days I would have the burning sensation from my nostrils right down to the throat. But I am really hoping by tomorrow I can get back to spinning bike and get started. I do not wanna leave it too long as I am still gathering my fitness for it still. And I been doing some weight lifting and if I open too much gab I would start being sore again when going back to it so I need 2 get cracking again.

Mhhhh food where do I begin. I just love food which blew me up to 105kg to begin with. I think I eat when I am bored. I am what they call emotional eater. I cannot control myself when it comes to food, especially junk. I try though when that time comes and I feel like indulging on a splurge I don't let it be more than 1 day. I am aware of my problem and I make sure it doesn't destroy my efforts of loosing weight. I doubt it will ever go away for good I guess I constantly got 2 make sure it doesn't go overboard.

As from next week I should be able report daily on this topic on my efforts to loosing 5kg 8) :wink:
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby Blitz » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:12 pm

I vividly remember the night I crossed the line from emotional eater to emotional exerciser! :shock:

I was having an argument with my wife. It was getting to the point where I would grab the high moral ground by self-righteously storming out the house (yeah i know - not very mature...but if you're married you know how it is sometimes :oops: ). Usually I would snatch up my car keys, make a dramatic last statement and drive off to the nearest food outlet and feast until I felt better about myself. This night I put on my runners, plugged my ipod into my ears, clamped on my jogging beanie and jogged out the door. That night I jogged double the distance that I usually did (anger can be a great motivator too). I felt so much better after that run (emotionally and physically)...it also brought home the understanding that I had replace the bad habit of emotional eating with the good habit of emotional exercising. 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sassyt » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:47 pm

:lol: Not married but I understand fully...
I will try to substitute eater by trainer lol
I am having it bad right now I am hoping I get better soon though and get back to the wagon
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby Blitz » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:35 pm

Ride that trainer to victory! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Return to Challenges