It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:26 am

Free Newsletter

January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Postby ganymede » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi all,

With the Christmas period coming up quickly, I know a lot of us will let our hair down and have a good time... and there's nothing wrong with that at all! But I know a lot of us will come back after having one too many fruit mince pies and festive drinks and want to shift the kg's :lol:

I propose a January challenge, starting on the 6th of January (as I know that is when most people return to work and the daily grind/routine).

Start Date: 6/1/14
Finish Date: 31/3/14

This challenge will run for 12 weeks. Let's set some goals, make a dent in our weight loss journey and support each other along the way! I hope to see you all then!

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone :)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Re: January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Postby admin » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:05 pm

Great going ganymede....we have redesigned the site and should be launched in Jan ....so much better and user friendly. We will post a banner on the site for this challange for people to join up.
Have a grezt chrissy.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby ganymede » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:36 pm

admin wrote:Great going ganymede....we have redesigned the site and should be launched in Jan ....so much better and user friendly. We will post a banner on the site for this challange for people to join up.
Have a grezt chrissy.
Sharrelle

Sounds great Sharrelle, thank you so much! Hopefully that will get a group of us raring to go for the New Year! :mrgreen:

Have a wonderful Xmas and a happy New Year!
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:10 am

Count me in!
CronicBadger

Postby admin » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:49 pm

Our new site is running a little late as you would expect this time of year.....we planned for 1st Jan but I think we will be 2-3 weeks behind.
SO I will post a banner in the middle of the site to see if anyone wants to join up...I will direct them to Jan 2014 Challange....does anyone want to set up a thread so I can direct them to that thread....let me know what you have started.
Merry Chrissy everyone!
admin
Site Admin

Postby ganymede » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:43 pm

admin wrote:Our new site is running a little late as you would expect this time of year.....we planned for 1st Jan but I think we will be 2-3 weeks behind.
SO I will post a banner in the middle of the site to see if anyone wants to join up...I will direct them to Jan 2014 Challange....does anyone want to set up a thread so I can direct them to that thread....let me know what you have started.
Merry Chrissy everyone!

I thought we could just use this thread? Or would you prefer it was in a fresh thread for people to post stats etc? Let me know and I will get onto it asap :)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby admin » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:05 pm

Hi
Yes we will use this thread. Will have a banner done in a day or two.
Cheers
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby ganymede » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:33 pm

Fantastic, thanks Sharelle! :)

On the 6th of January, please post your starting weight and goal weight in this thread. You may also add any personal goals you would like to reach as well. ie "do 50 push ups each time I exercise" or "stay away from alcohol during the challenge". I'd love to know what you are going to reward yourself with too if you reach your goal weight by the end of the challenge or just to celebrate reaching the end and losing weight and being healthy :)

Please feel free to add measurements as well. I'll try to get my hands on a tape measure so I can do the same.
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:01 am

2 days til the challenge begins!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:16 am

ganymede wrote:2 days til the challenge begins!

Looking forward and cringing about this challenge at the same! :shock:

Though I fared reasonably well over Christmas, managing to go down 300g for the Christmas/New Year period :) But.....I don't think I'll manage the same success on our upcoming overseas holiday later this month :(
DD Diva

Postby admin » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:05 pm

Have posted the challenge today on Facebook for everyone to participate and banner will go up today on the site.

Let go everyone, Good luck.

Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby kazy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:08 pm

I've been a member here forever but not really posted before. I'm in for the challenge!! Was planning on getting back on the wagon tomorrowbefore I heard about this, must be fate lol
kazy

Postby bbwangel_au » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:15 pm

saw this through FB - so thought yep... Lets go :)

I need something to kick butt....
bbwangel_au

Postby Blondeatplay » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:22 pm

Hey there I am very interested in doing this ?
Blondeatplay

Postby admin » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:48 pm

That's Great. Here are some tips:

Best to choose a day each week to weigh in, some Monday Morns are best and some it is best on the weekend.
Weigh yourself as soon as you get up out of bed before breakfast.
Record that week so starting week is 6/1- copy and paste below and record against that.

Starting Weight:
Goal Weight:
Current Weight:
06/01:
13/01:
20/01:
27/01:
03/02:
10/02:
17/02:
24/02:
03/03: