It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:33 pm

Free Newsletter

January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Postby Blitz » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:19 pm

That's 300g closer than before!...and you did it with a bung ankle! Class act or what? 8)

You may not hit goal by set date but you have achieved progress which in the end what goal setting is all about. It is more about reaching for the carrot rather than getting the carrot...you have gone for it, done your very best and that is the important thing. :D

I believe that reaching the 80's is a reasonable expectation...go for it!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby JP1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:55 am

Starting Weight: 112.1 Kgs
Goal Weight: 95 Kgs
Current Weight: 99.9 Kgs
Lost: 12.2 Kgs

13/01: 112.1 Kgs
20/01: 105.5 Kgs
27/01: 105.0 Kgs
03/02: 104.1 Kgs
10/02: 106.0 Kgs w/e in Sydney
17/02: 103.4 Kgs
24/02: 101.6 Kgs
03/03: 100.6 Kgs
10/03: 99.8 Kgs
17/03: 98.5 Kgs
24/03: 99.9 Kgs w/e in Melbourne
31/03:
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 114 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 113Kg (28 Aug 2020)
Current :108.9 Kg (7 Sep 2020)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014) : 99.2 Kg (31 May 2016) : 104.7 Kg (10 May 2019) : 104.9 Kg (4 Feb 2020)
Target : 89.9Kg by 25 Dec 2020
JP1

Postby JP1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:06 am

Oops!

Actually it wasn't as bad as I expected.. Firstly I haven't exercised properly since last Tuesday, that will all change again tonite when I hit the gym but I gave myself a break on Weds and Thurs last week to recover from that blister which was causing me pain, then I was away early Fri morning for the w/e in Melbourne.. I actually thought I did pretty well, under ten beers the whole time I was away and my worst offences eating wise was a couple of pieces of garlic bread and an ice cream.. Hopefully they'll be a degree of 'beer evaporation' the next few days and I will have a good week.. My goal weight for the month is just about blown but I'm in this for the long haul right? And I refuse to allow myself to be dictated to by diet alone, I'm going to enjoy some indulgences albeit in moderation..
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014) : 99.2 Kg (31 May 2016) : 104.7 Kg (10 May 2019) : 104.9 Kg (4 Feb 2020)
JP1

Postby ganymede » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:28 pm

Uh oh! I know that number will go down in no time JP ;) if anything it should shock your body because it won't know what you're doing :lol: Just gotta keep pushing forward! You probably needed the rest, battling with the blisters and the like so even though it's a gain, make it a short lived gain and get those numbers DOWN!

Can't believe it's almost been 12 weeks already...where has the time gone!? Where have those kg's gone!? :shock:
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby JP1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:39 pm

Lets hope so Shelley, I'm back into it as of today and got 25 days before I go away at Easter so want to knock off as many Kgs as I can in the meantime.. should be no distractions between no and then which means alcohol free.. :wink:
JP1

Postby ganymede » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:58 pm

I always feel infinitely better being alcohol free. When I get into the routine of having beers, it all goes down hill :lol: . I like to have the occasional beer as I truly do enjoy it more. I will need to watch myself though as I'll be going on medication that drinking is to be avoided so I think I'll just steer clear of it and try and be as healthy as possible!

You can smash some serious kg's in 25 days! Just gotta stay focused...that's what I need right now, to stay focused and to get my routine back. I'm hanging on to the good things in life and losing weight is definitely a GOOD thing so I just have to keep moving forward.
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:40 pm

You are both doing really well.

Life does get in the way of weight loss sometimes...but you both understand that you have to have a life as well and that you have got to plan your strategies around it.

Good work guys! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:57 pm

Hi all,

Will weigh in tomorrow but may be quiet on the forums for awhile... Or less loud at least.

These past few weeks have been tough bit I've been faced with my toughest time yet. My relationship is now definitely over, my partner has been having an affair and I have moved back with my parents to start afresh. I'm gutted, ruined, heartbroken and angry as well as very shocked. I'm going to try with an iron will to keep the scales going downward. I'm single now so I need to be at my best and focus on ME.

All the best everyone, hopefully I will post more when I have my computer set back up again.
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:40 am

Shelley, I'm sorry to hear this. If he has been having an affair, then good ridden to him - you deserve better!

Although this seems a tough time for you now, it may actually be a blessing in disguise. The weight loss journey requires a great deal of focus to get it right. Minimalising any distractions from that journey will be very helpful. It is a cost but one worth making. In my case, I let my business slide as I spent much of my time exercising instead of chasing more work. I'm only just making up the lost ground nowadays but the trade off has been well worth it.

Shelley, in the dark days of my life I've often thought, "what possible good could come of this?"...but I'm surprised again and again how that very area of my life that seemed so dire has become a light and a blessing. So hang in there...I know that there is a better future for you!...and this weight loss journey that you are undertaking will lead the way! :D 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:34 am

ganymede wrote:Hi all,

Will weigh in tomorrow but may be quiet on the forums for awhile... Or less loud at least.

These past few weeks have been tough bit I've been faced with my toughest time yet. My relationship is now definitely over, my partner has been having an affair and I have moved back with my parents to start afresh. I'm gutted, ruined, heartbroken and angry as well as very shocked. I'm going to try with an iron will to keep the scales going downward. I'm single now so I need to be at my best and focus on ME.

All the best everyone, hopefully I will post more when I have my computer set back up again.

Oh Shelley, I'm sooooooooooooo sorry to hear this news. :(

I know it's no great comfort, but believe me, there is life beyond a broken relationship with a cheating man!! You'll get through this and be better off without him.
You'll lose the weight, feel better about yourself, and discover a whole new world full of decent, loving and faithful ones. You're a strong woman, and as time goes on, you'll see that you don't need anyone to compliment the perfection that is YOU!!! xx

Reading your news, made me feel guilty about sitting here feeling sorry for myself. Not because I sprained my ankle, and was limping around in pain trying to soldier on in my new (5 weeks in) job, but because of a bomb-shell dropped in my lap yesterday.....I GOT LAID OFF!! After just 5 weeks I was told that my services were no longer required and wasn't given much of an explanation as to why. I thought everything was fine, my manager had praised my "picking things up so quickly" as recently as last week, so hence my shock when she hit me with that! What happened, why the change??? Maybe it was the fact that I was the only "outsider" in the business, that is, I was the only one who wasn't hired because of her connections to the Managing Director (or his wife, cousin, or next door neighbour)!!! Everyone in the office, and I mean, EVERYONE was either related to, or on very friendly terms with him directly or to his wife, cousin twice removed which used to make me feel awkward as I couldn't join into their familiar banter. It certainly helps explain the incident last week when some woman (apparently the MD's first cousin?) came into the office (with coffee and his favourite custard doughnuts) to meet with him, and every now and then I'd spot them looking over at me and quickly turning away when they'd see that I'd notice!!! Hmmmm.....:?:

And stupid me, the eternal optimist thought nothing of it! :roll: Funny how everything up until that point was fine, and this week (though the MD was reasonably civil) started being fairly cold towards me. :(

Nevertheless, when I was given the news (half an hour before COB) to finish up yesterday, yep...not even allowing me to finish up at the end of the week, I was very polite and handled the situation professionally, and went over to my desk, packed my stuff up and walked out holding my head up high!

So needless to say, I'll be around a bit more on the forum now that I have free time, in between job hunting again!!! :oops:

Life is a great mystery Shelley, full of stuff set to challenge us and as they say, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Oh crap, I'm gonna end up with guns the size of Arnold Schwarzenegger!!! :lol:
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:45 pm

Blitz wrote:Shelley, I'm sorry to hear this. If he has been having an affair, then good ridden to him - you deserve better!

Although this seems a tough time for you now, it may actually be a blessing in disguise. The weight loss journey requires a great deal of focus to get it right. Minimalising any distractions from that journey will be very helpful. It is a cost but one worth making. In my case, I let my business slide as I spent much of my time exercising instead of chasing more work. I'm only just making up the lost ground nowadays but the trade off has been well worth it.

Shelley, in the dark days of my life I've often thought, "what possible good could come of this?"...but I'm surprised again and again how that very area of my life that seemed so dire has become a light and a blessing. So hang in there...I know that there is a better future for you!...and this weight loss journey that you are undertaking will lead the way! :D 8)

Kim

Thanks Kim, as always some great advise to take under my wing. Things are definitely far from okay right now, I'm alone (well, not alone but I'm sure you understand the feeling of being alone in a crowded room), I'm heartbroken and betrayed by someone I never expected to betray me. And then we have to sort out all the money involved with our house and I'm so not ready for all of this at all. But my weight loss is going to be my way of minimalising distraction. Nothing else matters right now, other hobbies I can put on the back burner as I won't really feel like doing them at the moment anyway. At least I'll have a focus, something to make me realise "well, at least I have a killer body and can go clothes shopping". Work is okay, I have a huge support network there so hopefully I can just busy myself enough not to feel hopeless every second of the day.

DD Diva wrote:
ganymede wrote:Hi all,

Oh Shelley, I'm sooooooooooooo sorry to hear this news. :(

I know it's no great comfort, but believe me, there is life beyond a broken relationship with a cheating man!! You'll get through this and be better off without him.
You'll lose the weight, feel better about yourself, and discover a whole new world full of decent, loving and faithful ones. You're a strong woman, and as time goes on, you'll see that you don't need anyone to compliment the perfection that is YOU!!! xx

Reading your news, made me feel guilty about sitting here feeling sorry for myself. Not because I sprained my ankle, and was limping around in pain trying to soldier on in my new (5 weeks in) job, but because of a bomb-shell dropped in my lap yesterday.....I GOT LAID OFF!! After just 5 weeks I was told that my services were no longer required and wasn't given much of an explanation as to why. I thought everything was fine, my manager had praised my "picking things up so quickly" as recently as last week, so hence my shock when she hit me with that! What happened, why the change??? Maybe it was the fact that I was the only "outsider" in the business, that is, I was the only one who wasn't hired because of her connections to the Managing Director (or his wife, cousin, or next door neighbour)!!! Everyone in the office, and I mean, EVERYONE was either related to, or on very friendly terms with him directly or to his wife, cousin twice removed which used to make me feel awkward as I couldn't join into their familiar banter. It certainly helps explain the incident last week when some woman (apparently the MD's first cousin?) came into the office (with coffee and his favourite custard doughnuts) to meet with him, and every now and then I'd spot them looking over at me and quickly turning away when they'd see that I'd notice!!! Hmmmm.....:?:

And stupid me, the eternal optimist thought nothing of it! :roll: Funny how everything up until that point was fine, and this week (though the MD was reasonably civil) started being fairly cold towards me. :(

Nevertheless, when I was given the news (half an hour before COB) to finish up yesterday, yep...not even allowing me to finish up at the end of the week, I was very polite and handled the situation professionally, and went over to my desk, packed my stuff up and walked out holding my head up high!

So needless to say, I'll be around a bit more on the forum now that I have free time, in between job hunting again!!! :oops:

Life is a great mystery Shelley, full of stuff set to challenge us and as they say, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Oh crap, I'm gonna end up with guns the size of Arnold Schwarzenegger!!! :lol:

Hey Diva, thank you, really. I know eventually I will find someone better, someone who deserves me and who treats me like I'm the world but right now, I'm still insanely in love with him, despite what he has done to me. I was far more angry in the beginning which was a great motivator but now it seems to be dying and I just feel really sad and like there's a hole in my chest.

Gawd, your workplace woes sound horrible! Don't feel guilty, sometimes we all feel like the world is going to end when life throws a spanner into the works. That's the way things go, it sucks but it's life. I really hope you find a far better job filled with people who appreciate you and none of this "family business" rubbish!

Yep, I'm going to end up like the Rock after this!!!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:20 pm

Thanks Shelley,

I'm sure I'll do better next time (work wise) because I'll be on the look out and steer clear of any small business corrupt with nepotism!!! :evil:

As for your situation, and still loving your partner even after what he's done, I'm sure there is a part of you that still cares very deeply for him but don't confuse the man you fell in love with years ago for the man he has become; they are two very different individuals....and neither one of them deserve you now!!!

You're a beautiful person Shelley, and you WILL do better because you're better than he will ever be!! :roll:

Take care (and keep up the great work on your weight loss journey) he'll go insane when he sees the attention you'll get (or are getting already!!) 8)

xx
Diva
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:32 am

Sorry about your job loss Diva. Maybe it is just a case of last on/first off. It would have been nice if they did handle it better though (if such a thing is possible). I'm reminded of my favourite movie, The Goodbye Girl where the hero has just been informed that he is laid off. He picks up the newspaper, starts reading it as he lays on the couch saying that it is good because he was now free to take on that other job. When asked what job was that...he replies..."I'm looking!".

Shelley...there were some very dark months way back in 1979 when the world seemed to collapse for me. A very intense relationship ended. In those dark days I couldn't conceive it possible that I could find happiness with another. But time heals and we grow...and learn. God had someone better for me...and a better future! Hang in there - it WILL get better!

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:11 am

Blitz wrote:Sorry about your job loss Diva. Maybe it is just a case of last on/first off. It would have been nice if they did handle it better though (if such a thing is possible). I'm reminded of my favourite movie, The Goodbye Girl where the hero has just been informed that he is laid off. He picks up the newspaper, starts reading it as he lays on the couch saying that it is good because he was now free to take on that other job. When asked what job was that...he replies..."I'm looking!".

Thanks Kim,
I hadn't seen that movie, but I like the hero's attitude! Yep, I'm now "free to take on that other job"! :lol:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:38 am

Well the January Challenge officially ends tomorrow (the day of reckoning is upon us) :shock: and though I'm a day early in reporting my progress (as my weigh in days are on Sunday) below is my score card!

Drum-roll please...........

January Challenge:
Start Weight: 94.4 kg
Goal loss: 88 kg
Current Weight: 88.7 kg
Total loss: 5.7 kg

Although I didn't quite make it to 88 (point zero), I made it into the 88's AND BEST OF ALL, I broke through the 90's!!! Needless to say I'm stoked, especially considering that during the challenge weeks there was a 10kg gain compliments of an overseas holiday/cruise to the US!! So all in all, I'm very happy with my January Challenge outcome.

Thank you all for your support, and I'm sure many of you (Shelley/JP) would have conquered (my efforts and) this challenge!! :wink:

Congrats everyone!!! :D
DD Diva

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges