It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:34 am

Free Newsletter

January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Postby Blitz » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:18 am

Well that consistency will be good when you get to maintenance...but it is no help to you now. :shock:

This linkage between stress and food intake is a real problem...and not just you either. I hear this type of thing again and again. This sort of thinking is woolly. Everybody has stress in their lives (as this very thread can testify). The farmer on the land, the city worker, the stay at home mum and even the kid at school - everyone...but the vast majority of the population doesn't go on a binge bender to cope with it. The bottom line is that we use it as an excuse to get our butts back into the fridge. We choose to do what we do. We could use exercise to help cope with stress or get into a hobby or pray or meditate or share with a friend or even sleep or a dozen other things...the one thing that in the end will not help with our stress. Indeed it actually in the end increases our stress when we fail to lose weight.

Watching a sunset or a sunrise will do you more good stress wise than sticking a burger in your hooter will ever do! :shock: :lol:

It is time we got honest with ourselves and learn to live a healthy lifestyle and not make excuses for our life.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
User avatar
Blitz
 
Posts: 3337
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Perth WA

Re: January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Postby DD Diva » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:47 am

Oops posted my first week's loss in the wrong thread! :oops:

Week 1 down, and only 400g down. But I'm not disappointed, better 400g down than 400g up right?! :wink:
DD Diva
 

Re: January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Postby buttless » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:04 pm

DD Diva wrote:Oops posted my first week's loss in the wrong thread! :oops:

Week 1 down, and only 400g down. But I'm not disappointed, better 400g down than 400g up right?! :wink:


hear hear Diva it certainly is.....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ18xp3/]
Image
buttless
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:26 pm

Re: January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Postby Blitz » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:49 pm

There is nothing wrong with a 400g loss. All small numbers add up...eventually! :lol:

Good work...keep at it!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
User avatar
Blitz
 
Posts: 3337
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Perth WA

Re: January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Postby JP1 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:26 am

Nice loss Diva, they all add up..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
User avatar
JP1
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:31 pm
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland

Re: January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Postby DD Diva » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:49 am

Thanks Kim and JP,

Hey JP, I just saw your signature, AWESOME!!! Well done, you're going great guns - below 98 kg....WOO HOO!!! Congrats and keep up the good work! :wink:
DD Diva
 

Re: January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Postby DD Diva » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:51 am

Oops, sorry buttless meant to thank you too. :oops:

I'm glad you're back, and I'm sure that regardless of your absence you've not undone all your efforts.

Hope to see you back again soon.

xx
Diva
DD Diva
 

Re: January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Postby JP1 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:59 am

Thanks DDD, closing in on half way to my 30 Kgs now and in territory not visited since late 2011 :)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
User avatar
JP1
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:31 pm
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland

Re: January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:38 pm

Yeah - good going there JP! :D

I like those half way marks...they are such juicy targets to aim at - and you get a great feeling of accomplishment when you reach them and put them behind you. 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
User avatar
Blitz
 
Posts: 3337
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Perth WA

Re: January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Postby buttless » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:03 pm

DD Diva wrote:Oops, sorry buttless meant to thank you too. :oops:

I'm glad you're back, and I'm sure that regardless of your absence you've not undone all your efforts.

Hope to see you back again soon.

xx
Diva


Im still here diva, im reading all the posts. Ive made a pledge that i will step on the scales on saturday & take on the chin whatever they say - ive gotten out the ole ww cookbooks looking for new ideas for meals etc - forgot some of my faves are in them.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ18xp3/]
Image
buttless
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:26 pm

Re: January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Postby JP1 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:50 pm

Blitz wrote:Yeah - good going there JP! :D

I like those half way marks...they are such juicy targets to aim at - and you get a great feeling of accomplishment when you reach them and put them behind you. 8)

Kim

Yup, still a long way to go to my ultimate aim of 80'ish and as well had the huge drop right at the beginning which is basically a one off.. Will be 500/800g a week from herein but feeling great and starting to get my good looks back :wink: :lol: 8)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
User avatar
JP1
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:31 pm
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland

Re: January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Postby buttless » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:36 am

JP1 wrote:
Blitz wrote:Yeah - good going there JP! :D

I like those half way marks...they are such juicy targets to aim at - and you get a great feeling of accomplishment when you reach them and put them behind you. 8)

Kim

Yup, still a long way to go to my ultimate aim of 80'ish and as well had the huge drop right at the beginning which is basically a one off.. Will be 500/800g a week from herein but feeling great and starting to get my good looks back :wink: :lol: 8)


what do you mean "starting" to get your good looks back - well..... whose been checking themselves out in a mirror or 3 :lol: :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ18xp3/]
Image
buttless
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:26 pm

Re: January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Postby JP1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:01 pm

buttless wrote:
JP1 wrote:
Blitz wrote:Yeah - good going there JP! :D

I like those half way marks...they are such juicy targets to aim at - and you get a great feeling of accomplishment when you reach them and put them behind you. 8)

Kim

Yup, still a long way to go to my ultimate aim of 80'ish and as well had the huge drop right at the beginning which is basically a one off.. Will be 500/800g a week from herein but feeling great and starting to get my good looks back :wink: :lol: 8)


what do you mean "starting" to get your good looks back - well..... whose been checking themselves out in a mirror or 3 :lol: :lol:

:wink:
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
User avatar
JP1
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:31 pm
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland

Re: January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Postby Blitz » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:29 pm

Let's face it...we all have! :shock:

We're in danger of turning into show ponies! :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
User avatar
Blitz
 
Posts: 3337
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Perth WA

Re: January 2014 Challenge - A New Year

Postby DD Diva » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:01 am

Blitz wrote: We're in danger of turning into show ponies!

Well this little show pony's lost another 800g (gee gees?! :lol:) and inching closer to (this challenge's) finish line! :wink:
DD Diva
 

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron