It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:31 am

Free Newsletter

3 Month Challenge : Apr 1 - Jun 30

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 3 Month Challenge : Apr 1 - Jun 30

Postby DD Diva » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:36 pm

ganymede wrote:Gotta love those pleasant surprises! Trust me your hard work is paying off, I'm so proud of you! :D

Things are very slowly getting a little easier. Some days are really good, those days where "I almost feel like I'll survive this", ya know? Then there are the really dark days (like today for some reason) where life seems utterly insurmountable, I feel like the world is "rejecting me", like I have lost so much going through this and it isn't fair etc! And then my work mate brings me chai latte to cheer me up and things are a little better :lol:

As far as the separation goes, things are going about as well as can be expected. We got through a massive hurdle relatively unscathed which was a huge weight off my shoulders. I'm still extremely bitter about the entire thing though as he has really turned into a dirty, cheap scoundrel. When money is involved, people really show their true colours! But that's okay, it just solidifies the fact I don't want him in my life any more. And it hurts, yeah. I still love him, yeah. But I deserve better ;) And I'm okay being single, I have my own hobbies to occupy my time.

Now I just need to get my weight loss back on track 8) I've very, very excited to be back here with you Diva and with our little gang back together, we can defeat any hurdle :mrgreen: Just need to remember this on the crappy days ;)

Thanks Shelley,
And I'M PROUD OF YOU TOO!!! xx :wink: Goodness knows I couldn't have handled a separation anywhere near as well as you are, I'd have wallowed in self pity and comfort eaten my way back to my starting weight; so to have only gained a minimal amount as you have is AWESOME!!! You should be very proud of yourself considering your situation.

We're all here for you sweetie, just remember that. You're a strong woman Shelley, and I just know that once you get into the right mindset again, you will conquer those last few kilos with gusto!!! 8)

Looking forward to the ol' Shelley coming back, gloves on ready and ready to knock down those kilos harder and faster than you can say "weight loss"!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:36 am

I think I've packed on a bit more now which is frustrating but not surprising. Thanks though Diva, that really means the world to me. Even my doctor is quite impressed and he says my stress and anxiety levels have almost halved since I last saw him. According to my tests though I'm still severely depressed :lol: but thankful that things are slowly getting better.

It really is all about mindset so have been finding it hard to reach that mindset again. I will get there, though. I know I will. I can't wait to see the ol' me coming back, kicking those kg's to the curb left, right and centre ;) I miss her, I have missed myself. I think I lost myself for awhile there but now I'm back! Let's do this!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:10 pm

ganymede wrote:I think I've packed on a bit more now which is frustrating but not surprising. Thanks though Diva, that really means the world to me. Even my doctor is quite impressed and he says my stress and anxiety levels have almost halved since I last saw him. According to my tests though I'm still severely depressed :lol: but thankful that things are slowly getting better.

It really is all about mindset so have been finding it hard to reach that mindset again. I will get there, though. I know I will. I can't wait to see the ol' me coming back, kicking those kg's to the curb left, right and centre ;) I miss her, I have missed myself. I think I lost myself for awhile there but now I'm back! Let's do this!

Shelley,
Don't feel too bad about having regained some of the weight, or worry too much about getting things back on track immediately. Start small, just concentrate on minimising the damage already done by making taking each day, one step at a time, and with simple steps like making better food choices and/or going for a walk in the evenings or doing something easy and that is on the right track. If you EXPECT TOO MUCH after having fallen off the wagon you'll be doomed to fail. This is because you're "feeling bad" but try to do things (small things) that make you feel better about yourself and then you can tackle the bigger picture stuff like returning to the ol' Shelley style of doing things, ie. kicking those kgs to the curb!!! :wink: And finally, be proud of the fact that regardless of where you're at right now, it's a far better place (weight-wise) from where you were before all of this started. :D
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:08 pm

Starting small is definitely my aim right now. Going right from nothing to everything suddenly is too much of a shock to the system so small changes...

This week I will focus on eating more of those good foods and get rid of all that naughty stuff (at least for now). Portions may be larger but I will make sure it is only ever fruits and veges and whole grains + fish. Have a few busy days this week, have to get some blood tests and an ultrasound as I finally went back to the doc about my troubles eating red meat and chicken. Will stick to simple walking for now, will aim for 30 minutes, brisk but not forcing myself to go hard out.

Next week will focus more on lessening my portions, evening out my food during the day and hopefully throw a couple of gym sessions in there too to get me back into the swing of things. I just want to "stop the rot" before things get worse!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:49 pm

ganymede wrote:Starting small is definitely my aim right now. Going right from nothing to everything suddenly is too much of a shock to the system so small changes...

This week I will focus on eating more of those good foods and get rid of all that naughty stuff (at least for now). Portions may be larger but I will make sure it is only ever fruits and veges and whole grains + fish. Have a few busy days this week, have to get some blood tests and an ultrasound as I finally went back to the doc about my troubles eating red meat and chicken. Will stick to simple walking for now, will aim for 30 minutes, brisk but not forcing myself to go hard out.

Next week will focus more on lessening my portions, evening out my food during the day and hopefully throw a couple of gym sessions in there too to get me back into the swing of things. I just want to "stop the rot" before things get worse!

Sounds like a good plan Shelley; slowly does it....ease your way back in!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:52 pm

I concur...transition is better than shock therapy! Start picking up those good habits again and that healthy lifestyle will come back quickly.
Forward - to victory! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby JP1 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:00 am

New low of 92.4 Kgs this morning for an 800g loss this (shortened) week, pretty happy with that going into my w/e away.. Will be back with the washout on Mon/Tues..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby DD Diva » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:46 am

You're really back on the move JP; just try not to lose momentum by overdoing things (while you're away this weekend)!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby JP1 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:34 am

DD Diva wrote:You're really back on the move JP; just try not to lose momentum by overdoing things (while you're away this weekend)!!! :wink:

Will be on my mind the whole time you can be sure..
8)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
JP1

Postby Blitz » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:28 am

Good work JP...just a pity about the timing - just as you were on the move again.

Enjoy Adelaide...but not too much, okay? 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby JP1 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:46 am

Blitz wrote:Good work JP...just a pity about the timing - just as you were on the move again.

Enjoy Adelaide...but not too much, okay? 8)

Kim

Will try my best ;)
JP1

Postby Blitz » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:35 pm

JP1 wrote:Will try my best ;)

It's like sending you kid off to school...you're happy they are going but you do worry about the traffic! :shock: :wink:

Best of luck JP!...watch out for buses!

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:38 pm

Blitz wrote:
JP1 wrote:Will try my best ;)

It's like sending you kid off to school...you're happy they are going but you do worry about the traffic! :shock: :wink:

Best of luck JP!...watch out for buses!

Kim

:lol: :lol: :twisted:
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:22 pm

And while JP is away...Natasha quietly plots how she will take over the lead! :lol: :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:25 pm

Blitz wrote:And while JP is away...Natasha quietly plots how she will take over the lead! :lol: :wink:

Kim

your trying too give me encouragement arnt you,you can hear it in my type im worried...lol
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges