It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:07 pm

Free Newsletter

The Knackered Blitz Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Knackered Blitz Challenge

Postby Blitz » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:56 pm

Thanks guys for the feed back and support.

JP...I'm about 5'6" in the old money or 165cm. To quote the character Elliot Garfield in the movie "The Goodbye Girl": "Short in stature - but not tight in pocket!"

DAY 7 (Friday, 11 April)...

Meals and snack was controlled. Quiet day generally - saved my energy for my show in the afternoon. Kids were particularly rowdy. I guess it was to be expected since it was the last day of school before the Easter break. Nailed down the horns and had a good show in the end. I have a fail safe ending to my show anyway...everybody loves the rabbit!

I visited a friend after the show who lived nearby the venue. Avoided the peak hour traffic on the way home doing that but it meant a later dinner time than I'm use to. As usual I was tired after the show (not so much physically but mentally - you are playing a mental chess game while you perform) and ended up not exercising at night (yep...that elusive night run again!). Got up in the morning early and did four lots of 500cals on the exercise bike.

Here are my weekly weigh in results:
    Start: 69.5kg (5/4/'14)
    This Week: 66.8kg (0.7kg daily loss)
    Loss: 2.7kg (0.2kg loss over goal)

So I've reached monthly slightly ahead of schedule! The rest of the monthly challenge is just to hold to that weight. Since maintenance is so boring I won't be reporting daily as I have. I'll just give an occasional update and how I finished up after the procedure (weight wise...I won't gross you all out on the other details!).

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Tue May 06, 2014 4:42 am

UPDATE:
Well when I reached my monthly challenge in one week I must admit that I got lax about maintaining. Before this challenge I had been worried if I could reach 67kg in the month because it took me so much time to reach those last few kilos when I reached goal. With the easiness of reaching below 67kg without much effort and very sure control that worry lifted. So most of the rest of the month I have been sitting low 67's to mid 68's - knowing that I could reach 67kg at will. This proved to be the case.
Last Saturday morning I weighed in at 67.4kg - within striking distance and feeling very confident. Unfortunately, on Saturday had a bit of a blow out...quality time with my daughter dictated that I should have an ice cream with my daughter...and a cold starts setting in (means fluid retention)...and Sunday mornings are so busy there is little chance to exercise (and the night before...miscalculated and didn't do enough!). Result?...Sunday morning weigh in 68.1kg. Now the gap is starting to get serious!
Knowing what it takes I do what I have to do.
Double lot of exercising hard on the exercise bike...one on Sunday night and the other first thing Monday morning.
Weigh in for target date? 66.9kg...target weight on target date. Mission accomplished! 8)

I've now had the "procedure" (or as I like to call it the "knackering" :shock: :lol: ). They are right the actual cutting isn't painful at all - BUT THE NEEDLES APPLIED TO THE AREA TO DEADEN THE PAIN WERE! I left a huge sweat puddle on this operating table from the hot sweat I produced from the pain!

One thing I hadn't counted on was the difficulty with the pre-operation preparation. My wife casually mentioned before she went to bed the night before that I shouldn't forget to shave myself before I front up at the doctor's. Up until then I had (preferring to keep this whole upcoming event out of my head as much as possible) not bothered to read the pre-op fact sheet.
I buy fresh disposable razorblades on the day, have a quick shower and then prepare to "pluck the chook". What I hadn't counted on was how difficult this was! I imagine this job is hard enough an undertaking for a normal person but I hadn't factored in that losing 87 kilos leaves a lot of nooks and crannies of loose skin that are best unexplored with a sharp new razor! Let's just say that I nearly didn't need the doctor's help as I very nearly managed to knacker myself! The blood flowed...I'm not good with blood. :roll:

So now I sit with pelvis elevated. Sore and sorry...my - isn't life interesting! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Tue May 06, 2014 8:01 pm

The day after...

Woke up next morning still fevered, sore (and feeling sorry for myself), bloated all over and bowel full but not wanting to go. Usually in the morning my bladder is full but this morning it was minimal...not surprising really considering how bloated I was. I know you all probably don't want to hear about my plumbing but the older you get the more concerned you will get about this kind of thing (my old mother is obsessed about her plumbing!). Plus this is a part of understanding what your body is doing at any given time weight wise.

Well I'm not allowed to exercise for 48 hours...so all this challenge was about banking up weight loss for this day.
I figured 3 kilos for two days would give me a kilo and a half to play with each day.
I thought that today's weigh in would be around 68.5 or 68.7 kilos - I was wrong!
This morning's weigh in - 69.7kg...that's a massive 2.8kg gain from yesterday! :shock:

Was I happy? No. Did I panic? No. This is a good case in point of why one number alone isn't telling the full story. My body is in getting well mode and because of that I'm holding on to a lot of extra water that would usually be moved out of the system. Also I did nudge the exercise front rather hard the day before - yet another reason for the body to hold on to the water (muscle making). And to top it off...my bowel was full. While all this weighs...none of it is permanent fat gain.

So what now? There is a good chance tomorrow that I'll be over my "line in the sand" mark of 70kg. I can't exercise so there isn't too much I can do about that now. Getting myself back to good health is the priority. Today, I'll just make sure I eat moderately, get my bowels moving (nature will take it's course) and get plenty of rest. When I'm better I'll deal with the blow out then!...pronto.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Wed May 07, 2014 8:08 pm

The Last Day...

Isn't the body a remarkable thing? When I had my belly hernia operation (and had part of my belly loose skin hacked off) at the time I was sure that I would have to lose about ten kilos gained from inaction during recovery. When I hit the scales nine days later I discovered that I was still in my declared weight zone. The body recovering from the operation burnt extra calories and kept me where I should be. Yesterday was a blow out number that was higher than I expected but I knew that it wasn't as dire as it seemed. Still I didn't think that I would be able to stay within the declared weight zone that I had set myself...

This morning's weigh in - 69.7kg! The same as yesterday. Very happy that I have managed to stay within the boundaries I have set for myself.

Tomorrow I can start exercising again. Sure I'll be easing into it but essentially from here it is business as usual.

I now declare The Knackered Blitz Challenge at an end. A successful end! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby admin » Thu May 08, 2014 7:45 am

Blitz....where are you.....hope all went well and what is the update on your regime....have enjoyed reading but you have been quiet in this area.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby DD Diva » Thu May 08, 2014 8:27 am

Hey there
Kim, So glad you're on the mend, AND that you've rocked your goal during the ordeal! WAY TO GO, BLITZ BABY!!! :wink:

JP, You're well and truly back into the swing of it, and I'm sure you'll surpass your pre-holiday weight by the end of this week! :wink:

Admin, could you please fix the forum functionality. It seems that when you click on the icon to take you to the last post (of a chosen thread) it takes you to the first page and then you have to manually select the last page number once there (very frustrating)! :evil:
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Thu May 08, 2014 9:26 am

Wow, what a journey Kim! :shock: I admit I haven't been keeping up with things like I should. So glad your challenge was a success and that the op went as planned! :D Glad you seem to be over the worst of the pain and I hope the easing back into the exercise isn't too painful, you just have to go at your own pace for awhile. Great to see you're on the mend, Kim and all the best! :mrgreen:
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Fri May 09, 2014 4:44 am

I was beginning to think this was the great invisible thread of the Forum. I've been steadily reporting after my little operation and no response.
I developed a theory of why it was so. I figured that the ladies of the Forum had no empathy towards the topic and were completely indifferent and the blokes were completely freaked out and were too gun shy to post! :lol:

Still tiring towards the end of the day but generally I'm feeling a lot better than what I've been.
Diva - no rocking!...just a wobbly walk as I gingerly travel along. Today my walk looked a lot better than it has.

Post Script...
Eased myself onto the exercise bike this morning, only doing a little over 30 minutes worth at a very slow pace (my top speed being on par with my usual starting speed). Wasn't too bad. Only became a little uncomfortable towards the end.

Weigh in for that morning? 69.4kg...0.4kg loss.
Blitz

Postby JP1 » Fri May 09, 2014 7:26 am

I'm not into pain Kim and especially of that kind :mrgreen: glad you are on the mend ;)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby ganymede » Fri May 09, 2014 8:41 am

I admit I'm terrible with following forum posts. Half the time I depend on the emails I receive alerting me there's a response :lol: For some reason nothing came up for this thread so I kept missing it :roll:

I know I can't empathise but I certainly can sympathise. My dad went in for an operation on his prostrate not too long ago and he felt it was a great idea to go into extreme detail on what they did :lol: (he was awake during the op, watching in on the tv :P ) - so whilst I can't understand the pain, I can certainly imagine when it comes to "that" area! :shock:

Glad you managed to get some exercise in, however light and the scales seem to be paying off! ;) Keep it slow and steady and you'll be fully recovered in no time!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Fri May 09, 2014 5:55 pm

When I sign in I go to the unread posts button and read them all...and usually stick my penny's worth in.

Feeling a lot better today. Just got to remember to pace myself...I've got a show to do tomorrow and 40 kids want to see me at my best.

I again only do some moderate exercise on the exercise bike (same amount as yesterday). Less sore at the end and I was a little fast on the pedals.
The great thing about being sick or recovering is that it turbo charges your metabolism and you are burning calories quicker. Weigh in this morning had me down another 0.3kg at 69.1kg.

One day JP it could be you! :twisted: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Previous

Return to Challenges