It is currently Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:57 pm

Free Newsletter

The Healing Process - Shelley's Weight Loss Challenge

Join one of our motivational Challenges or start one yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Healing Process - Shelley's Weight Loss Challenge

Postby Blitz » Fri May 02, 2014 5:19 am

To me what you write is good sound thinking and I endorse it (for what that's worth! :lol: ). :D

You are travelling down a sound road...keep it going - you are doing real good! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby JP1 » Sat May 03, 2014 5:52 pm

Hey Shelley, how is it going.. Hope you are haps better over the past couple weeks.. Anyway I'm back at it tomorrow and want to /a/ see what the damage was and /b/ touch base on how we are sitting for that ten K buffer and hopefully down from here? 8)

I have no distractions now until September, well there is a bit of a hurdle in Jul :lol: but no excuses from here.. Those are my targets on the sig and I am going to give it my best shot from here..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 114 Kg (12 Jan 2014 & 28 Aug 2020)
Current :104.6 Kg (23 Jan 2021)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014) : 99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Initial Aim : 99.9Kg by 19 Feb 2021
JP1

Postby DD Diva » Sun May 04, 2014 6:25 am

Welcome Back JP, hope you had a wonderful time. :)
I'm guessing by the fact that your sig hasn't changed, it was an indulgent holiday?! :oops:
Hey, not judging here! I'm certainly not in a position to be pointing fingers; I too went up this week (albeit marginally; 100g) even a small rise can be soul destroying. :cry: Though disappointing, my gain came as no surprise; I had a fairly indulgent day midweek that even with days to go before my weigh-in today, I didn't manage to counteract the damage done! :oops:
Never mind....what's done is done, time to move on right JP? I know we can do it, we'll get those figures moving downward again quick smart! :wink:

Hey Shelley, hope you're doing better? xx
I know it's been really hard on you, emotionally and (to add insult to injury) having to endure physical pain as well. :cry: Which is why when I saw you went up 100g I thought nothing of it; you've worked incredibly hard and I'm sure your increase is most like a result of muscle gain. So don't worry, and keep up the good work! :)

My 100g gain (this week) on the other hand, is definitely NOT muscle gain, it's a build up of chocolates, lollies and a heap of other rubbish consumed midweek that I haven't manage to shake off yet but believe me, I'm planning to (shake it hard)!!! Especially now, yayyyy :D I started a new job last week (only 3 days a week, but hey, better than nothing) at a former university campus which is huge and where (unlike years prior when I was there) I deliberately park my car in the carpark furthest away from my building so that I can power walk to my office each morning! :wink:

Anyway, I wish you both (and everyone else) a good week and a great loss! Go Team!!! :)
DD Diva

Postby JP1 » Sun May 04, 2014 12:02 pm

Only got back into Gold Coast this morning and not weighing in until tomorrow morning and will go for a walk this evening, back into it from now I guess.. Bit of trepidation with the scales but yeah what has been can't be undone :mrgreen: I really don't want to look ATM, I'm guessing maybe even hoping for 99/100 ?
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014) : 99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
JP1

Postby JP1 » Sun May 04, 2014 3:34 pm

99.2 Kgs as per more on my personal thread

8)
JP1

Postby Blitz » Sun May 04, 2014 7:53 pm

A line drawn under our yesterdays.
Time to start a new column and a new day.
Learn, grow and start anew.

Today is what counts, yesterday has been and tomorrow holds the promise of a better future! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Fri May 09, 2014 8:25 pm

Those days are been and gone, now for some new, better days!

Today, was not one of them :evil:

Look, I ate within my calorie goal although a bit heavy on the carbs and the sodium (still trying to get rid of some of these Lite n Easy meals) but I didn't exercise. Long day at work threw me completely out then after sitting in traffic for an hour, I was about ready to hit someone. On top of that, because I worked later, I hadn't had my afternoon tea so I was ravenous, having daydreams of cheese pizza with double capsicum in the car :lol: and getting crankier by the minute. I was hoping I'd get home in time to go for a walk as I knew that would be relaxing and not stressful but it wasn't meant to be. On top of that, I must have been stressing myself out so much I was having heart palpitations due to my anxiety and my stomach felt super bloated too. NOT A GOOD DAY :lol:

I have well and truly pulled up and pranced around in my cranky pants tonight :P

Tomorrow, however, I am starting my day with a 6:30am PT session. Glad I have a male PT as I just find they tend to kick my butt more! Which is definitely what I need. Come home for a quick breakfast then road trip to Coolangatta to see my tattoo guy and hopefully a walk if time permits. Then to see my counsellor. May even fit in another exercise sesh in the afternoon, pending how tired I am from the morning.
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby JP1 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:40 pm

You didn't get on with Lite N Easy in the end?

Sounds like a busy day you have tomorrow and 6-30am? Does that time even exist on Saturday morning? :lol:
JP1

Postby ganymede » Fri May 09, 2014 8:46 pm

The Lite n Easy was definitely not agreeing with me so I am trialling a new routine so will see what the week holds.

I was feeling far too jovial when I made the time and now I'm regretting it :roll:

At least I'll get a lot done! :P
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Sat May 10, 2014 2:49 am

6:30am is part of the healthy lifestyle! :lol:

When I was overweight a good morning was one that I could sleep through to lunch time!
Nowadays I'm up with the birds and exercising like a mad fool! :shock: :lol:

Best of luck with the PT session. Hope it inspires - remember what doesn't kill you...hurts! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Mon May 12, 2014 3:41 pm

I seem to have a habit of being a morning person nowadays. I think it changed when I started working early mornings. If I'm not up by 8am on a weekend day, I feel like I'm wasting the day away! :lol: I've had my fair share of mornings when I was actively into photography, some as early as 2:30am! It's worth it for the sunrise ;)

I have to say, I think the PT did more damage than good. No warm up, straight into squats then squats with 10kg of weights :shock: Um, I'm only a beginner!!! Now I'm out of action for another day at least :cry: I think I'll be sticking to cardio for awhile longer and seeking my advise elsewhere. I have a friend who does body building and is very specific about form and what works for who so I think I'll ask him when the time comes.

As for the rest of my life... :cry: It's just one problem after the other with this separation. Every time I get something sorted, something else pops up. Nothing in this has been easy and it's frustrating to no end. I'm so tired and it's demotivating me, even in simple every day things like keeping my room tidy :roll:

Once this is all done with, I think I'll be doing a massive clean out... *sigh*
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Mon May 12, 2014 7:07 pm

Reinhold Niebuhr wrote the following which was adapted by AA and other 12 step programs (principally redefining "God" as "high power"...whatever that means for each person). It is called the serenity prayer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

It is a nice word - serenity...and even nicer having it.
Where the rubber meets the road is that last line!...if it was easy then probably it isn't worth doing. :shock: :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Mon May 12, 2014 7:23 pm

Serenity is a feeling I've had before and hope to have again. Courage I have, and courage will see me through without hiding away from the world in a cottage somewhere surrounded by cats :lol: I will try to accept the things I cannot change, as worrying over them gets me no where and achieves nothing but negative emotions. The wisdom is still coming, steadily day by day, I won't lie, I'm not all seeing and all knowing ;) And I've tried to take advise from others where I don't know the answers.

"If it was easy then probably isn't worth doing". Aha! Too true, Kim, too true.

Believe me, it's worth doing to be rid of such a horrible person and be able to move on with my life, being ME, all ME and only ME! ;) Sure, it's going to be really, really hard and it's tested me already in so many ways I'm about ready to punch...things... :lol: But it will all be worth it in the end. When I'm finally free of it all, have positivity only in my life and somewhere to move forward from. THAT is where the real journey begins... at the moment, I'm crossing the distance to my next destination, I'll make it there eventually!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Mon May 12, 2014 7:31 pm

ganymede wrote: at the moment, I'm crossing the distance to my next destination

What a lovely thought...I'm nicking this and going to quote it somewhere else to make me look sagely and wise! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Tue May 13, 2014 8:21 am

:lol: Feel free, Kim! Must be the writer in me coming out to play ;)

Okay, here we go. Intended food for today:

Breakfast -

3 x vita brits
1 cup of skim milk
2 teaspoons raw sugar
1 tablespoon oat bran
1 x Black tea with one sugar
1 x Tea no sugar with skim milk
Morning Tea -

Low fat yoghurt

Lunch -

Banana
Low fat yoghurt
Tin of salmon

Afternoon Snack -

Banana

Dinner -

Two small fillets of crumbed fish
Vegetables

Cals: 1325

Exercise -

45 mins brisk walking

So that's the plan, pending extreme hunger... would be great to stick to it. Nice, healthy day though I do need to work on the lunch/snacks as there is a lot of sugar there. I have groceries coming today to make some salads and also a big bag of almonds for those good fats! Will see what I can come up with tonight ;)

On a psychological note, I think I have myself figured out a little today. I have a feeling, the reason why I've been so keen to join the gym and do something new (despite my yearning to jog and being unable to on my usual route) is because my usual route and routine reminds me of days gone when I was still with my partner and things were seemingly going to be okay :cry: I think that's why I've avoided it so much, it has so many memories, whether I was thinking about us whilst walking it or simply pondering life, it reminds me of when things were good and I was being healthy and could be 110% happy about it.

Now, I'm at about...50%? I know, it should be for ME and nobody else and it still is. But a huge part of being motivated and raring to go with this journey is overall happiness. The times where "life" isn't getting in the way, when things are good and settled and I can focus on other things, like my health. I guess it's just hard to be happy and accomplished and motivated when so much of my life feels so... "wrong" right now. Like my body and soul is so use to how it was, it's like trying to walk away from the gravitational force of a black hole :roll:

I'll try not to get all "woe is me" here :lol: but, I'll admit I'm struggling this week. I was doing really well, my counselor was beyond shocked at my progress and we've pushed my next visit to 3 weeks time, I was having rational thoughts about the entire thing - things like "it's done now and I have to move on, "he did the wrong thing and now I'll go out and find someone who treats me right", "time to live my life" etc :shock:

Now all I can think about is him. All the holidays we went on, all the silly inside jokes we had, all the things that have become a part of me that I now have to abandon because those memories only remind me of hurt and pain and misery :cry: I think all this "crap" that has come up to do with figuring out some of the house stuff has me really angry and upset at him, that I'm stressed out of my mind over this, that it's hard and endless and it's all because of him :x It depresses me, it really does.

So, having said all that in a gigantic rant :roll: it's time to try and move on. Seriously. Obviously I can't truly move on until all of this is done with and I don't have to contact him any more but I want to make a start. By doing things I would never do by myself. Go take photos by myself, drive to the coast by myself, maybe go on a hike by myself, get a new tattoo by myself, look after myself without the help of anyone else (I was always pretty good at that, my folks must have raised me well ;) )

It's going to be hard. Really, really hard. I've already experienced first hand how much this HURTS, a lot of the time. Physically, my chest actually gets SORE, that's how much my heart hurts :roll: I suppose I just over think things. I cycle through emotions so fast, I feel like I'm literally on a rollercoaster sometimes :roll: So I suppose for now, it's making sure I can "manage" things. I really need to look into my "triggers" and also REAL solutions I can implement to get me out of those horrible feelings and the yearning to eat an entire packet of Iced Vovo's :lol: not funny I guess, but true! Owning up, fessing up. That's what I need to do as well.

Anyway, wow, that was an EPIC ramble, but I do feel a little better :)
- Shelley

ganymede

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges